GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 90 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,094
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,284
Hollander 23,352
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,485
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,213
Posts1,056,162
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
John Pappa ( Colombo) #775290
05/02/14 12:44 PM
05/02/14 12:44 PM
B
Belmont Offline OP
Underboss
Belmont  Offline OP
B
Underboss
This kid grew up in central NJ. How did he get hooked up in brooklyn? I know his father was a made guy that was clipped in 1979. How did he have access to guys in brooklyn growing up in jersey?
The guy wasnt a money maker, he only killed.

Re: John Pappa ( Colombo) [Re: Belmont] #775312
05/02/14 01:27 PM
05/02/14 01:27 PM
LuanKuci Offline
Underboss
LuanKuci  Offline
Underboss
through the tunnel

they were giving out free tokens I guess

Re: John Pappa ( Colombo) [Re: Belmont] #775351
05/02/14 05:33 PM
05/02/14 05:33 PM
>>>OVA THERE
njcapo35 Offline
BANNED
njcapo35  Offline
BANNED
Underboss
>>>OVA THERE
Well he was born in Bensonhurst and then moved to Jersey around 1980. He wanted to emulate his father in the life of crime and hooked up with some ruff characters and started to sell drugs and murder. He was friends with James"froggy" Galione is how he got hooked up in Brooklyn and the rest is history.

"Jersey...It's where my story begins."
Re: John Pappa ( Colombo) [Re: Belmont] #775369
05/03/14 02:03 AM
05/03/14 02:03 AM
naples,italy
furio_from_naples Offline
furio_from_naples  Offline

naples,italy
http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/colo...ticle-1.1103602

Colombo hit man John Pappa makes the most of his time cooking and cheering on the Yankees as he's holed up in high-security prison
Feds introduce emails Pappa wrote to mob pal Francis Guerra, on trial for taking part in killing of Joseph Scopo. Pappa mentions cooking pasta and enjoying reading in prison
BY JOHN MARZULLI NEW YORK DAILY NEWS Published: Wednesday, June 27, 2012, 3:00 AM

[img:center]http://assets.nydailynews.com/polopoly_fs/1.1103600.1340845386!/img/httpImage/image.jpg_gen/derivatives/article_970/mob28n-2-web.jpg?enlarged[/img]

[img:center]http://assets.nydailynews.com/polopoly_fs/1.1103601.1340845368!/img/httpImage/image.jpg_gen/derivatives/article_970/mob28n-1-web.jpg?enlarged[/img]

Life couldn't be sweeter.
Colombo hit man John Pappa has been holed up in a high-security federal penitentiary in Allenwood, Pa., for four gangland rubouts — but he’s making the most of his time, savoring his cooking, rooting for his hometown teams and catching up with a good read.
Federal prosecutors introduced on Monday emails Pappa wrote to reputed mob associate Francis (BF) Guerra, who is on trial in Brooklyn Federal Court for participating in the rubout of former underboss Joseph Scopo.
The dispatches from the foothills of the Allegheny Mountains sound like Pappa is living the life of a sports-loving bachelor with a penchant for Italian cuisine — not a cold-blooded killer doing hard time.
“Getting ready to watch the Yankees . . . other than that I’m making Strombolis tonight,” Pappa wrote to Guerra on Oct. 28, 2009.
Pappa, 37, mentions in other emails cooking pasta and a more creative dish featuring “spaghetti, chicken and red sauce.”
Mob hit man John Pappa sounds perfectly content in prison - watching the Yankees, cooking pasta and reading.
NEW YORK DAILY NEWS
Mob hit man John Pappa sounds perfectly content in prison - watching the Yankees, cooking pasta and reading.
Pappa’s access to the prison kitchen and utensils suggests officials do not hold it against him that he allegedly hacked off the private parts of murder victim John Sparacino with a steak knife.
A spokeswoman for the U.S. Bureau of Prisons said she could not comment specifically on Pappa’s duties, but it is common for inmates to cook, serve and clean up after meals in the jails. A call to Allenwood was not returned.
Pappa also reveals a softer side in one missive: “Today is beautiful outside but I opted to catch up on reading.”
But his great loves are the Bronx Bombers and the Broadway Blueshirts.
“The Rangers are really looking good . . . let’s see if they beat the Devils tonight,” he wrote to Guerra in 2009.
NEW YORK DAILY NEWS
“I never watch anything other than the Yankees,” he stated in another.
“Hopefully the Yankees will win tonight and close out the series,” Pappa wrote hours before the Yanks beat the Los Angeles Angels to clinch the 2009 American League pennant.
Pappa, who has a massive tattoo across his back of the Italian words for “Death Before Dishonor,” was arrested at a wedding rehearsal in Brooklyn for Sparacino’s brother.
He was convicted of firing the final shots in 1993 that ended the crime family’s bloody civil war and also ended the life of Scopo
At the time of his conviction, Pappa was only 24 years old, making it conceivable that he could serve more than a half century behind bars.
jmarzulli@nydailynews.com

Re: John Pappa ( Colombo) [Re: Belmont] #775372
05/03/14 02:12 AM
05/03/14 02:12 AM
naples,italy
furio_from_naples Offline
furio_from_naples  Offline

naples,italy
http://gangstersinc.ning.com/profiles/blogs/colombo-associate-john-pappa

Colombo Associate: John Pappa
Posted by Gangsters Inc. on November 3, 2010 at 12:37pm

http://api.ning.com/files/Mi2qMrYc154KXJhxRhCqLHSeXia-2kVb5*LkBOImfZTDaP0jbov-AmblpQFJlazfRITNwDV82PrfbuBe1xrcGprmI3xnEBet/jpappaingangstersinc.jpg

By David Amoruso
Posted in 2001
Copyright © www.gangstersinc.nl

Most of you probably never heard of John Pappa and probably for good reasons. Pappa wasn't a made member, he didn't belong to a big mafia family and his criminal career didn't even last that long. Still, I think that the story of this very young Colombo crime family associate will interest you. In some ways he's sort of a failed Christopher Moltisante (from The Sopranos), and if it wasn't for him the Colombo family war probably would have had a very different ending.

John Pappa was born on July 19, 1974. You could say John Pappa grew up with the Mafia, his father, Gerard Pappa, was a feared Genovese Family soldier who was known to kill for fun and profit untill he himself was whacked for breaking mob rules. John Pappa was 5 years old when his father was murdered has idolised his father ever since then. He also wanted to become a made member of the Mafia. On his dresser, Pappa had a picture of his dad. On his arm was a simple tattoo tribute, "Pappa Bear."

ohn Pappa didn't become a crazy killer right away, in fact it looked like Pappa wouldn't go the same route his father had taken. After her gangster husband had been whacked John Pappa's mother moved to Holmdel, N.J.. There everything seemed to go just like she had wanted. Pappa did well in school and became a high school soccer star. But little Pappa secretly had different aspirations, he still wanted to become a made Mafia member. "He could not stay out of Brooklyn and Staten Island," said a source close to the Pappa family. "He was straddling two worlds." Pappa was so entranced by the mob, authorities said, that he had the credo "morte prima di disonore" (=death before dishonor) tattooed across his back. Pappa believed it applied to him and his father. Pappa started selling drugs and pretty soon tried to hook up with a crew run by James "Froggy" Galione a Lucchese mobster. John Pappa seemed to fit right in but Galione wouldn't take him in, Galione knew that back in 1975 Gerard Pappa, then a Genovese soldier, had fired the fatal shots that killed his father, a Gambino associate.

But the rejection didn't stop Pappa. Pretty soon thereafter he became close with the Colombo Crime Family. The Colombo Crime Family is one of the most troublesome Families in New York, having had several internal Family wars. In the early 90s the Colombo Family was caught up in a new internal war. This time it was the Persico faction led by official boss Carmine Persico against the faction led by acting boss Vic Orena, Orena started the war by wanting to be the official boss. John Pappa became an associate of a Mafia Family in serious problems and pretty soon his Family faction asked him to perform his duty as an Family associate: He had to go out and kill. The Persico faction was so weakened that they actually called upon the young associates to perform the hits. John Pappa however was willing and able and saw this as a good way to become a made member and so he went out to do his job and do it good.

The first official hit of John Pappa during his time as a Colombo Family associate was Colombo Family Capo Joseph Scopo. Scopo was a close friend of acting boss Vic Orena and had aligned himself with Orena against the Persico faction. On October 20, 1993 Pappa and two other Colombo Family associates, John Sparacino and Eric Curcio, went out to Scopo's house to whack him. When the three arrived at Scopo's house in Ozone Park, Queens they found the rival Capo in his car. Sparacino threw open the door and sprayed Scopo's car with a machine gun missing Scopo with every shot. After seeing Scopo was still alive Sparacino ran off. Pappa hid behind a tree waiting to see if Scopo had a gun. Scopo yelled at him: "You got balls, come on. Come on, you need to kill me, kill me you little punk." Scopo then threw his cellular phone at Pappa. Pappa now knew enough and walked over to Scopo with a .380 automatic and shot him eight times from close range. The murder of Capo Joseph Scopo would be the end of the Colombo war, after this hit the Orena faction gave up and the Persico faction emerged as the winner.

With the Colombo Family war at an end John Pappa had made his bones and was almost surely gonna get made. After this successful hit, Pappa got a taste for more. Pappa supposedly had a beef with Anthony "Tigger" Dellavecchia, who was reputedly aligned with James "Jimmy Frogs" Galione, member of the Luchese crime family and the guy who didn't want Pappa in his crew. Pappa believed Dellavecchia had something to do with the murder of his best friend. Because Dellavecchia was allegedly protected by the Luchese family, he was untouchable without approval from Mafia bosses. Determined to extract revenge any way he could, Pappa then allegedly told his cohorts, "If I can't kill Tigger, I'll kill Carmine." (Carmine Gargano jr was Tiggers nephew).

Then, in early July 1994 Gargano got into a brawl with Luchese associate Michael "Mikey Flattop" DeRosa at T-Birds, a Bay Ridge bar. As DeRosa was carried out of the club bleeding from a head injury that night, he snarled to Gargano: "I'm going to kill you." Pappa saw the fight in more practical terms, according to informants: He could kill Carmine Gargano Jr. and everyone would blame Mikey DeRosa. "John Pappa told me, 'It's done. Carmine's gone,'" Luchese mobster Ronald "Messy Marvin" Moran later said, "And they'll never find his body."

In the meantime the bragging about the Scopo hit didn't stop and the three involved started telling their own versions about what had happened. One night Pappa, Sparacino, Curcio and another young hoodlum named Basciano were partying in Basciano's social club. As Pappa and Curcio left, Sparacino told Basciano about his role in the murder and threw a disgusted look at them and sneered: "They think they're a bunch of tough guys. They ain't shit. They're a bunch of punks. Remember the Scopo murder. I'm the one, I did the shooting and those two punks left me there."

After the club emptied out, Basciano, found Pappa and Curcio and told them what Sparacino had said. Pappa and Curcio then told their version: Sparacino had driven off, and that after killing Scopo they had to run three long blocks from the crime scene in front of Scopo's Ozone Park home to a backup getaway car. "Eric looked shocked. Pappa's face turned beet red. He turned around and said: "That mother fucker, I'm going to rip his heart out." "Pappa was going nuts, and I just got in the truck and left," said Basciano. Pappa and Curcio got another young thug named Hennigar to lure Sparacino to a house on Aug. 13, 1994, Hennigar killed him before Curcio and Pappa could get there. Hennigar had shot Sparacino in the back of the head. With Sparacino now dead you'd think Pappa and Curcio didn't need to come over anymore, but for Pappa the fun didn't stop at the killing. When Pappa came over they cut his face and tried to pull it off. Two days later they dumped the body in a car and set it on fire.

After this murder Pappa seemed to go crazy. He now told his friend Joseph Iborti that he was mad at Curcio because Curcio was taking all the credit for the Scopo hit, and that he was going to kill Curcio because of that. "I killed Joe Scopo, I did all the work,", Pappa promised to walk into Curcio's auto body shop in Red Hook and kill him, which he did on October 4, 1994. The next day Pappa telephoned Iborti. A laughing and giggling Pappa described how he had killed Curcio. "He started making the sounds of gunshots on the phone," said Iborti, imitating the sounds of machine gun fire as he placed his right hand next to his ear in the shape of a telephone." 'Boom boom boom boom boom boom boom boom,' then he'd stop for a second, start laughing and do it all over again, 'boom boom boom boom boom boom,' " Iborti said. Asked to decribe what went through his mind at the time, Iborti said: "This guy's nuts.". And who would argue with that?

John Pappa's campaign to become a made Mafia member ended on the steps of St. Ann's Church on Staten Island on September 26, 1997. Pappa, arriving for a wedding rehearsal for his pal Salvatore Sparacino (the brother of Pappa's third victim), was intercepted by NYPD detectives and FBI agents. "Police, John," Detective Tommy Dades yelled as Pappa walked up the marble stairs of the church with his girlfriend. "Stop! Police!" Pappa spun and scowled. He bent over clutching his stomach and stood straight, pointing a fully loaded 9-mm. pistol. "Put the gun down, John!" FBI agent Matt Tormey said. Pappa ran into the church amid the stunned wedding party. He hurled his gun to the floor and kept running, weaving in and out of the pews with cops in pursuit. "Hey, you guys are unbelievable," the infuriated groom growled. "Show some respect." "Respect?" answered a detective. "This mutt killed your brother." Pappa was arrested just a few feet from the altar. No shots were fired.

Pappa had proven that he was a capable man and fit for Mafia membership during the Colombo war of 1991-93. Pappa was an efficient and bloodthirsty hit man who roamed south Brooklyn armed with an arsenal, prosecutors said. He was convicted of four murders and is suspected in six others including the June 1994 killing of another associate, Rolando Rivera and the thrill-killing of a stranger on a dare. "This prosecution brings the terrible legacy of the Colombo war to a close with the conviction of one of the most dangerous young hitman in the Colombo family," said assistant U.S. attorney Stephen Kelly. Pappa is currently serving four life-without-parole terms plus 45 years for drug dealing and other miscellaneous charges.

JOHN PAPPA
Register Number: 48858-053
Race: White
Sex: Male
Located at: Allenwood USP
Release Date: LIFE

FRANCIS GUERRA
Register Number: 10636-051
Race: White
Sex: Male
Located at: Fort Dix FCI
Release Date: 10/28/2023

Re: John Pappa ( Colombo) [Re: Belmont] #777260
05/12/14 05:32 PM
05/12/14 05:32 PM
T
Torrie1 Offline
Button
Torrie1  Offline
T
Button
Originally Posted By: Belmont
This kid grew up in central NJ. How did he get hooked up in brooklyn? I know his father was a made guy that was clipped in 1979. How did he have access to guys in brooklyn growing up in jersey?

His father was killed in 1980. John had is 6th birthday 9 days after his father was killed. His father did have some friends who visited them often in their Staten Island home until his mother sold it and moved to Holmdel? His mom tried to keep him out but I guess the pull was too strong. Now as you said he was not a moneymaker also unlike his father he did not marry and have a family. He almost seemed like he was constantly living on the edge where his father did have the responsibilities of a family, trying to blend in with 9 to 5ers.

Last edited by Torrie1; 05/12/14 05:33 PM.
Re: John Pappa ( Colombo) [Re: Belmont] #777386
05/13/14 11:19 AM
05/13/14 11:19 AM
Northumberland England
GaryH Offline
Underboss
GaryH  Offline
Underboss
Northumberland England
I think Gerrard would be annoyed at his kid throwing his life away

Last edited by GaryH; 05/13/14 11:20 AM.
Re: John Pappa ( Colombo) [Re: Torrie1] #777505
05/13/14 04:40 PM
05/13/14 04:40 PM
T
tiger84 Offline
Capo
tiger84  Offline
T
Capo
Originally Posted By: Torrie1

His father was killed in 1980. John had is 6th birthday 9 days after his father was killed. His father did have some friends who visited them often in their Staten Island home until his mother sold it and moved to Holmdel? His mom tried to keep him out but I guess the pull was too strong. Now as you said he was not a moneymaker also unlike his father he did not marry and have a family. He almost seemed like he was constantly living on the edge where his father did have the responsibilities of a family, trying to blend in with 9 to 5ers.

it sounds like you know the guy personally

Re: John Pappa ( Colombo) [Re: GaryH] #777515
05/13/14 05:10 PM
05/13/14 05:10 PM
T
Torrie1 Offline
Button
Torrie1  Offline
T
Button
Originally Posted By: GaryH
I think Gerrard would be annoyed at his kid throwing his life away

Gerry wanted John to have a life he did not. Good education, good friends and probably did not want him to do what he did. I believe that if his father did not get killed John's life would have turned out a lot different.

Re: John Pappa ( Colombo) [Re: Belmont] #784627
06/19/14 12:59 AM
06/19/14 12:59 AM
T
Torrie1 Offline
Button
Torrie1  Offline
T
Button
John lived in Staten Island until after his father was killed. His mother then sold the house they (Jerry and her)built and moved to NJ. I don't think it was long after Jerry was killed that she relocated herself and John.

Re: John Pappa ( Colombo) [Re: Torrie1] #784637
06/19/14 06:07 AM
06/19/14 06:07 AM
B
Belmont Offline OP
Underboss
Belmont  Offline OP
B
Underboss
John lived in Staten Island until after his father was killed. His mother then sold the house they (Jerry and her)built and moved to NJ. I don't think it was long after Jerry was killed that she relocated herself and John.

I understand that but he was very young, how did he just decide to show up in brooklyn and say " hey, i wanna be a gangster" ...
How did he wind up in brooklyn? He wasnt old enough to establish any strong friendships at such a young age when he lived there.

Re: John Pappa ( Colombo) [Re: Belmont] #784739
06/19/14 05:52 PM
06/19/14 05:52 PM
T
Torrie1 Offline
Button
Torrie1  Offline
T
Button

I understand that but he was very young, how did he just decide to show up in brooklyn and say " hey, i wanna be a gangster" ...
How did he wind up in brooklyn? He wasnt old enough to establish any strong friendships at such a young age when he lived there.

NJ to SI to Bklyn is a short hop. Not that far a trip. You know people who know people... Remember his father was infamous... Doesn't take much, word is out on the street, Pappas son wants to be a made man... Wonder if he can live up to his fathers name but here's the thing he could never be a made man if my knowledge of the Italian Mafia is correct because he is mixed heritage. My question is almost like yours ... Why would he get involved with the sane kind of people who caused his fathers demise. Maybe he wanted to get closer to them so he could have found out who in fact pulled the trigger on his father. See that was never solved, so if he got into one family he could have found out ? who could have killed his father and then maybe seek vengeance, just a thought, possibly ... Keep your friends close but your enemies closer.

Last edited by Torrie1; 06/19/14 05:53 PM.
Re: John Pappa ( Colombo) [Re: Belmont] #784742
06/19/14 06:07 PM
06/19/14 06:07 PM
SonnyBlackstein Offline
Underboss
SonnyBlackstein  Offline
Underboss
@ Torrie1:

These guys don't think that much.

Nor do they have the brains or patience to be 'so clever.'

He wanted the 'glory' of being a made guy. And he got it.

Now he's paying the cheque.

Simple as that.

Last edited by SonnyBlackstein; 06/19/14 06:09 PM.

MORGAN: Why didn't you fight him at the park if you wanted to? I'm not goin' now, I'm eatin' my snack.
CHUCKIE: Morgan, Let's go.
MORGAN: I'm serious Chuckie, I ain't goin'.
WILL: So don't go.
Re: John Pappa ( Colombo) [Re: SonnyBlackstein] #784743
06/19/14 06:16 PM
06/19/14 06:16 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Originally Posted By: SonnyBlackstein
@ Torrie1:

These guys don't think that much.

Nor do they have the brains or patience to be 'so clever.'

He wanted the 'glory' of being a made guy. And he got it.

Now he's paying the cheque.

Simple as that.

Sonny's right. And the truth is, if he was looking to get close to the people who killed his father just to take some kind of revenge, he'd be just as dead as his father is today.

A shame, though. Jailed for life at like 25 years old. The kid never even lived. But you play you pay. Murderers belong in jail. Hard to argue that point.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: John Pappa ( Colombo) [Re: Torrie1] #784745
06/19/14 06:40 PM
06/19/14 06:40 PM
San Francisco
Benedetto Offline
Wiseguy
Benedetto  Offline
Wiseguy
San Francisco

NJ to SI to Bklyn is a short hop. Not that far a trip. You know people who know people... Remember his father was infamous... Doesn't take much, word is out on the street, Pappas son wants to be a made man... Wonder if he can live up to his fathers name but here's the thing he could never be a made man if my knowledge of the Italian Mafia is correct because he is mixed heritage. My question is almost like yours ... Why would he get involved with the sane kind of people who caused his fathers demise. Maybe he wanted to get closer to them so he could have found out who in fact pulled the trigger on his father. See that was never solved, so if he got into one family he could have found out ? who could have killed his father and then maybe seek vengeance, just a thought, possibly ... Keep your friends close but your enemies closer.

The days of being 100% Italian to get your button have long gone. Pappa could have been made. From my understanding you must be Italian on your fathers side these days and it was that way when Pappa was on the streets.

The kid was a cowboy. He was going to end up dead or in the can and it wasn't going to be a long run for him. I believe the Colombo's used him for all he was worth and never paid him another thought when he went away.

Re: John Pappa ( Colombo) [Re: Benedetto] #784747
06/19/14 06:49 PM
06/19/14 06:49 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Originally Posted By: Benedetto
The days of being 100% Italian to get your button have long gone. Pappa could have been made. From my understanding you must be Italian on your fathers side these days and it was that way when Pappa was on the streets.

It was that way in the early '90s when Pappa was on the street. But they've supposedly gone back to the 100% rule nowadays.

It's a selective rule anyway. Rules are made to be broken by big enough earners and scions of mob royalty, and they always have been. Craig DePalma's Mom is Jewish and Junior Gotti's Mom is half-Jewish. There are plenty of other examples, but those two are fairly recent (late '80s, early '90s) and high profile.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: John Pappa ( Colombo) [Re: pizzaboy] #784752
06/19/14 06:55 PM
06/19/14 06:55 PM
San Francisco
Benedetto Offline
Wiseguy
Benedetto  Offline
Wiseguy
San Francisco
Originally Posted By: pizzaboy

It was that way in the early '90s when Pappa was on the street. But they've supposedly gone back to the 100% rule nowadays.

It's a selective rule anyway. Rules are made to be broken by big enough earners and scions of mob royalty, and they always have been. Craig DePalma's Mom is Jewish and Junior Gotti's Mom is half-Jewish. There are plenty of other examples, but those two are fairly recent (late '80s, early '90s) and high profile.

Thanks PB, That is the first time I have heard that they are trying to go back to the old ways. Hell, as the generations go on it must be getting harder and harder to find Italians who are still 100% on both sides.

Re: John Pappa ( Colombo) [Re: Benedetto] #784754
06/19/14 07:01 PM
06/19/14 07:01 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Thanks PB, That is the first time I have heard that they are trying to go back to the old ways. Hell, as the generations go on it must be getting harder and harder to find Italians who are still 100% on both sides.

Your welcome, Benny. But like I say, it's selective. Just like most of the other rules.

And you're right. They'll eventually have to let go of that restriction in order to survive (and of course I'm talking about the American mob). Half-Italian on your father's side, especially if he's a made guy himself, should be enough.

Re: John Pappa ( Colombo) [Re: pizzaboy] #784765
06/19/14 08:47 PM
06/19/14 08:47 PM
M
mulberry Offline
Underboss
mulberry  Offline
M
Underboss

Your welcome, Benny. But like I say, it's selective. Just like most of the other rules.

And you're right. They'll eventually have to let go of that restriction in order to survive (and of course I'm talking about the American mob). Half-Italian on your father's side, especially if he's a made guy himself, should be enough.

I think the 100% rule is softened when you have a relative in the family, especially high ranking.

Re: John Pappa ( Colombo) [Re: mulberry] #784768
06/19/14 08:57 PM
06/19/14 08:57 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Originally Posted By: mulberry

I think the 100% rule is softened when you have a relative in the family, especially high ranking.

That's what I said smile.

Re: John Pappa ( Colombo) [Re: pizzaboy] #784779
06/19/14 11:05 PM
06/19/14 11:05 PM
SonnyBlackstein Offline
Underboss
SonnyBlackstein  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: mulberry

That's what I said smile.

I think the correct quote is 'Thats what SHE said!'

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aIWrFNDKQ6o

Ahem. Apologies. Carry on. Nothing to see here.

MORGAN: Why didn't you fight him at the park if you wanted to? I'm not goin' now, I'm eatin' my snack.
CHUCKIE: Morgan, Let's go.
MORGAN: I'm serious Chuckie, I ain't goin'.
WILL: So don't go.
Re: John Pappa ( Colombo) [Re: Belmont] #784787
06/20/14 01:01 AM
06/20/14 01:01 AM
T
tiger84 Offline
Capo
tiger84  Offline
T
Capo
Whats john pappas mom is she irish

Re: John Pappa ( Colombo) [Re: tiger84] #784859
06/20/14 02:03 PM
06/20/14 02:03 PM
T
Torrie1 Offline
Button
Torrie1  Offline
T
Button
Originally Posted By: tiger84
Whats john pappas mom is she irish
sent you a pm

Re: John Pappa ( Colombo) [Re: Belmont] #784871
06/20/14 03:28 PM
06/20/14 03:28 PM
B
bigboy Offline
Underboss
bigboy  Offline
B
Underboss
Well, he will have mobsters he can look up to in prison like Pitera, Senter Persico and others. What a messed up life he now has. He will be with his idols.

Re: John Pappa ( Colombo) [Re: bigboy] #784884
06/20/14 04:25 PM
06/20/14 04:25 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Originally Posted By: bigboy
Well, he will have mobsters he can look up to in prison like Pitera, Senter Persico and others. What a messed up life he now has. He will be with his idols.

There you go. Like I said, the kid never even lived. Jailed for life without the possibility of parole at 25 years old.

Re: John Pappa ( Colombo) [Re: Belmont] #784887
06/20/14 04:55 PM
06/20/14 04:55 PM
P
pmac Offline
pmac  Offline
P

Just a guess but if he was an prison with Allie boy or snake persico I think they give his button in some weird jail house ceromony like casso did for one of his guys. Surposely the feds are saying Colombo acting boss made a sessa guy in the MDC 2 yrs ago. They even used it in the guys sentencing shit. But snake was also very tight with scopos father I read. Even making him acting consig sometime in the early 80tys. Snake would put guys in places and break them fast it says in scarp as files. So maybe snake would think it was bad taste. I read somewhere snake was heart broken Joe scoop would rebel against him when he brought him in as his father asked says 1980 in scarpas files. Snake wanted to make a lot of guys in 80 and the commission let him have 1 it was Joe scoop guess he was young to that pissed off the bosses.

Re: John Pappa ( Colombo) [Re: Belmont] #784889
06/20/14 05:00 PM
06/20/14 05:00 PM
P
pmac Offline
pmac  Offline
P

There was another victim of Pappas that Allie boy went to the funeral if I remember reading correct think 94 he was nephew of some Colombo old guy. All the victims families were connected so that probably would have screw up his chances. Didn't the mob wives dad tg want him dead.probably wouldn't have made it to y2k

Re: John Pappa ( Colombo) [Re: pmac] #786924
07/02/14 11:27 PM
07/02/14 11:27 PM
Not Arizona
Marbala Offline
Button
Marbala  Offline
Button
Not Arizona
Originally Posted By: pmac
There was another victim of Pappas that Allie boy went to the funeral if I remember reading correct think 94 he was nephew of some Colombo old guy. All the victims families were connected so that probably would have screw up his chances. Didn't the mob wives dad tg want him dead.probably wouldn't have made it to y2k

The guy your talking about is Eric Curcio he was Joe Monteleone's nephew

"He who never was can never be, He who was has always been and will always be." Sun Tzu

You can read about it, watch movies and TV documentaries, but chances are unless you lived it you will not truly understand.
Re: John Pappa ( Colombo) [Re: Belmont] #786925
07/02/14 11:37 PM
07/02/14 11:37 PM
Not Arizona
Marbala Offline
Button
Marbala  Offline
Button
Not Arizona
John got brought around from Joe Miccio. When I first met John he was a quiet kid who played soccer, took karate classes and drove a little red ford escort. He was starving for the limelight and respect. He was moving on a runaway train destine for destruction. Wasted talent

"He who never was can never be, He who was has always been and will always be." Sun Tzu

You can read about it, watch movies and TV documentaries, but chances are unless you lived it you will not truly understand.
Re: John Pappa ( Colombo) [Re: Belmont] #787064
07/03/14 06:37 PM
07/03/14 06:37 PM
B
Belmont Offline OP
Underboss
Belmont  Offline OP
B
Underboss
Who was john miccio and how did he hook up with Papa?

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull