GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 124 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,337
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,712
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,502
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,281
Posts1,057,757
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
St.Patrick's Day Parade NYC Threats #768226
03/16/14 06:03 AM
03/16/14 06:03 AM
SEAN_SOUTH Offline OP
Capo
SEAN_SOUTH  Offline OP
Capo
Apparently Northern Irish Police are planning to march in the St.Patrick's Day parade in New York which has already drawn threats of violence from so called 'dissidents' in NYC.

I'd call them patriots. Scuse my French but what the f**k?

Thank God I'm having a blast Ireland won the Rugby final in Paris and I'm having a blast where I am.

Jeeze, I bet they get all the protection in the world from Irish Cops too. Traitors.

http://www.irishcentral.com/news/politic...te-threats.html

I agree with this comment...

Eamonn Óg Ó Gallachóir5 hours ago
The psni are a British constituted police force they prevented Nationalists from carrying hurls outside casement only last week and have intimidated nationalists since the gfa including paddy Barnes after his Olympic gold for Ireland .They also continue to cover up historical crimes of Ruc and British army members along with the loyalist gangs they routinely sent to assassinate nationalists and to this day intern without trial witness evidence or solicitor hold and torture prisoners, Niall o dowd please listen to there victims this is wrong

Well said Eamon.

Last edited by SEAN_SOUTH; 03/16/14 06:07 AM.

'So I say, “Live and let live.” That’s my motto. “Live and let live.” Anyone who can’t go along with that, take him outside and shoot the motherfucker. It’s a simple philosophy, but it’s always worked in our family.'

George Carlin
Re: St.Patrick's Day Parade NYC Threats [Re: SEAN_SOUTH] #768228
03/16/14 07:26 AM
03/16/14 07:26 AM
Great Britain
British Offline
Underboss
British  Offline
Underboss
Great Britain
Here we go with more shite from plastic Sean

PSNI were invited to walk alongside the Garda, some plastic paddys complained to the plastic paddys that organise this sectarian parade and the invitation was withdrawn. There were no threats from dissidents in NY as they don't exist there..

The PSNI are no friends of the loyalist community either, of course there was Garda, Irish state and republican conllusion in the past as well so no moral high ground for the republicans!

St Patrick has been hijacked by nationalists, and is the patron saint of ALL Irish and not just RCs

Enjoying waving your green, white and orange flags

Last edited by British; 03/16/14 07:53 AM.

British is best....
Re: St.Patrick's Day Parade NYC Threats [Re: SEAN_SOUTH] #768229
03/16/14 08:31 AM
03/16/14 08:31 AM
Moe_Tilden Offline
ForeverBotheringIranians
Moe_Tilden  Offline
ForeverBotheringIranians

I believe British.

He is clearly impartial, just look at his screen name. And it's not like he's ever made bigoted comments on this forum before, right?

*Sarcasm*

By the way, are Catholics even allowed to join the PSNI or are they still banned?

I'd love you to have the balls to accuse some of the members on this site of being "Plastic Italians" and see where it gets you too.

Last edited by Moe_Tilden; 03/16/14 08:34 AM.

I invoke my right under the 5th amendment of the United States constitution and decline to answer the question.
Re: St.Patrick's Day Parade NYC Threats [Re: Moe_Tilden] #768230
03/16/14 08:52 AM
03/16/14 08:52 AM
Great Britain
British Offline
Underboss
British  Offline
Underboss
Great Britain
Most PSNI New recruits are RCs, how many of the garda are Protestant?

Why the Taoiseach should not join the St Patrick’s Day parade

Opinion: Our Irishness is pluralist and non-sectarian

Last year, Enda Kenny declared in the Dáil that he was “proud to stand here as a public representative, a Taoiseach who happens to be a Catholic but not a Catholic Taoiseach. A Taoiseach for all of the people, that’s my job”. It is indeed. And if he is serious about doing that job he will explain next week, courteously but firmly, why he can’t march in New York’s St Patrick’s Day parade. He will join the city’s mayor Bill de Blasio in declining to march while gay and lesbian Irish people are refused the same opportunity. In doing so he will make a momentous statement about what it means to be Irish. The Taoiseach told the Dáil on February 18th that he would be “happy” to march in New York because “the St Patrick’s Day parade is a parade about our Irishness, not sexuality”. He is wrong on both counts. The ban on the Irish Gay and Lesbian Organization (ILGO) is, of course, about their sexuality: they’re not banned because they drink the wrong beer or follow the wrong football team. Just as significantly, though, the parade is emphatically not about “our Irishness”. Our Irishness, if “our” has any meaning in this context, is pluralist and non-sectarian. A taoiseach “for all the people” surely understands that the people are Catholic, Protestant, Jewish, Muslim, Orthodox, atheist and 100 shades of belief and non- belief.

Exclusive

The St Patrick’s Day parade in New York is explicitly and exclusively Catholic. This is not a value judgment. It is a fact. It is held “in honour of the patron saint of Ireland and the archdiocese of New York”.

It is preceded by Mass in St Patrick’s Catholic cathedral and then reviewed from the steps of the cathedral by the serving archbishop, currently Cardinal Timothy Dolan. The issue of gay and lesbian marchers is utterly intertwined with the religious nature of the parade.

The decision to ban ILGO was made on the grounds that the parade’s then organiser, the Ancient Order of Hibernians (AOH), is a Catholic organisation and could therefore exclude any group or person “whose purposes, principles or agenda are inconsistent with the teachings of the Roman Catholic Church”.

Banned

Although the AOH no longer formally or- ganises the parade (fear of legal action led to the creation of a committee headed by John Dunleavy, who is acknowledged to be close to Cardinal Dolan), these are still the grounds on which ILGO is banned.

In argument before the New York city human rights commission, the parade organisers insisted the ban was legitimate precisely because “the parade is a celebration of Irish Roman Catholic heritage”.

They allege that among the unwritten requirements for inclusion in the parade is that no group admitted have a political agenda or an agenda contrary to the teachings of the Roman Catholic Church. They argue ILGO advocates the right to pursue a homosexual lifestyle and is thus in violation of church doctrine."

In arguing (successfully) for the ban before the US federal court, the organisers claimed “the right to associate merely with those who adhere to any one element of Irish heritage, such as Catholicism”.

In itself, this is fine: US law protects the right to free expression of people who hold such views, even if they offend others. The organisers of the New York parade are entitled to run an event in which they “associate merely” with “one element” of Irishness. What they are not entitled to do is to then claim that this “one element” is Irishness itself. It isn’t. Most Irish people are not conservative Catholics. Most Irish Catholics believe things – about contraception, divorce, abortion and gay rights — that are contrary to Catholic doctrine.

And – here’s a thing that is almost always forgotten – most Irish-Americans are Protestant. The Taoiseach is profoundly mistaken: the parade is not about “our Irishness”. It is not even about Irish-American heritage. It is quite explicitly a celebration and endorsement of the Catholic archdiocese of New York and of the doctrinally orthodox Catholic “element of Irish heritage”.

The distinguished conservative Irish- American historian John McCarthy, who argues strongly in favour of the ban on ILGO, was usefully blunt about this in a recent letter to The Irish Times . He compared the parade to a Corpus Christi procession and said this allowed the organisers the “right to control what groups can march in it, as well as to assert the distinctly Catholic character of the event”. This is entirely fair and also the best summary of why the taoiseach of a pluralist, non-sectarian democracy has no business marching in a religious procession posing as a celebration of Irish identity.

Spotlight

Kenny has made some real progress in ending precisely the identification the organisers of the parade want to maintain, of Irishness with monolithic Catholicism. On St Patrick’s Day, the international spotlight will be on Ireland and he will have to make a statement about what he understands “our Irishness” to be. He must not tell those who think of it as diverse, open and inclusive to take a walk.

Last edited by British; 03/16/14 04:12 PM.

British is best....
Re: St.Patrick's Day Parade NYC Threats [Re: British] #768289
03/16/14 05:58 PM
03/16/14 05:58 PM
SEAN_SOUTH Offline OP
Capo
SEAN_SOUTH  Offline OP
Capo
Originally Posted By: British
Most PSNI New recruits are RCs, how many of the garda are Protestant?

Why the Taoiseach should not join the St Patrick’s Day parade

Opinion: Our Irishness is pluralist and non-sectarian

Last year, Enda Kenny declared in the Dáil that he was “proud to stand here as a public representative, a Taoiseach who happens to be a Catholic but not a Catholic Taoiseach. A Taoiseach for all of the people, that’s my job”. It is indeed. And if he is serious about doing that job he will explain next week, courteously but firmly, why he can’t march in New York’s St Patrick’s Day parade. He will join the city’s mayor Bill de Blasio in declining to march while gay and lesbian Irish people are refused the same opportunity. In doing so he will make a momentous statement about what it means to be Irish. The Taoiseach told the Dáil on February 18th that he would be “happy” to march in New York because “the St Patrick’s Day parade is a parade about our Irishness, not sexuality”. He is wrong on both counts. The ban on the Irish Gay and Lesbian Organization (ILGO) is, of course, about their sexuality: they’re not banned because they drink the wrong beer or follow the wrong football team. Just as significantly, though, the parade is emphatically not about “our Irishness”. Our Irishness, if “our” has any meaning in this context, is pluralist and non-sectarian. A taoiseach “for all the people” surely understands that the people are Catholic, Protestant, Jewish, Muslim, Orthodox, atheist and 100 shades of belief and non- belief.

Exclusive

The St Patrick’s Day parade in New York is explicitly and exclusively Catholic. This is not a value judgment. It is a fact. It is held “in honour of the patron saint of Ireland and the archdiocese of New York”.

It is preceded by Mass in St Patrick’s Catholic cathedral and then reviewed from the steps of the cathedral by the serving archbishop, currently Cardinal Timothy Dolan. The issue of gay and lesbian marchers is utterly intertwined with the religious nature of the parade.

The decision to ban ILGO was made on the grounds that the parade’s then organiser, the Ancient Order of Hibernians (AOH), is a Catholic organisation and could therefore exclude any group or person “whose purposes, principles or agenda are inconsistent with the teachings of the Roman Catholic Church”.

Banned

Although the AOH no longer formally or- ganises the parade (fear of legal action led to the creation of a committee headed by John Dunleavy, who is acknowledged to be close to Cardinal Dolan), these are still the grounds on which ILGO is banned.

In argument before the New York city human rights commission, the parade organisers insisted the ban was legitimate precisely because “the parade is a celebration of Irish Roman Catholic heritage”.

They allege that among the unwritten requirements for inclusion in the parade is that no group admitted have a political agenda or an agenda contrary to the teachings of the Roman Catholic Church. They argue ILGO advocates the right to pursue a homosexual lifestyle and is thus in violation of church doctrine."

In arguing (successfully) for the ban before the US federal court, the organisers claimed “the right to associate merely with those who adhere to any one element of Irish heritage, such as Catholicism”.

In itself, this is fine: US law protects the right to free expression of people who hold such views, even if they offend others. The organisers of the New York parade are entitled to run an event in which they “associate merely” with “one element” of Irishness. What they are not entitled to do is to then claim that this “one element” is Irishness itself. It isn’t. Most Irish people are not conservative Catholics. Most Irish Catholics believe things – about contraception, divorce, abortion and gay rights — that are contrary to Catholic doctrine.

And – here’s a thing that is almost always forgotten – most Irish-Americans are Protestant. The Taoiseach is profoundly mistaken: the parade is not about “our Irishness”. It is not even about Irish-American heritage. It is quite explicitly a celebration and endorsement of the Catholic archdiocese of New York and of the doctrinally orthodox Catholic “element of Irish heritage”.

The distinguished conservative Irish- American historian John McCarthy, who argues strongly in favour of the ban on ILGO, was usefully blunt about this in a recent letter to The Irish Times . He compared the parade to a Corpus Christi procession and said this allowed the organisers the “right to control what groups can march in it, as well as to assert the distinctly Catholic character of the event”. This is entirely fair and also the best summary of why the taoiseach of a pluralist, non-sectarian democracy has no business marching in a religious procession posing as a celebration of Irish identity.

Spotlight

Kenny has made some real progress in ending precisely the identification the organisers of the parade want to maintain, of Irishness with monolithic Catholicism. On St Patrick’s Day, the international spotlight will be on Ireland and he will have to make a statement about what he understands “our Irishness” to be. He must not tell those who think of it as diverse, open and inclusive to take a walk.

You consider yourself British, why should you care? My mother is Irish as in Irish and my father Irish too. What's with this plastic nonsense?

I moved to the US when I was 14. What do you even bring to this board British even I know more about you than British organized crime?

Last edited by SEAN_SOUTH; 03/16/14 05:58 PM.

'So I say, “Live and let live.” That’s my motto. “Live and let live.” Anyone who can’t go along with that, take him outside and shoot the motherfucker. It’s a simple philosophy, but it’s always worked in our family.'

George Carlin
Re: St.Patrick's Day Parade NYC Threats [Re: Moe_Tilden] #768292
03/16/14 06:07 PM
03/16/14 06:07 PM
SEAN_SOUTH Offline OP
Capo
SEAN_SOUTH  Offline OP
Capo
Originally Posted By: Moe_Tilden
I believe British.

He is clearly impartial, just look at his screen name. And it's not like he's ever made bigoted comments on this forum before, right?

*Sarcasm*

By the way, are Catholics even allowed to join the PSNI or are they still banned?

I'd love you to have the balls to accuse some of the members on this site of being "Plastic Italians" and see where it gets you too.

Bigoted comments is all he's good for Moe he offers nothing of value to this forum one minute he's a British soldier next an Ulster Unionist paramilitary. Very confusing fella why he keeps commenting on Irish forums when his name is British God only knows rolleyes.

If he lives in Ulster he is Irish as Northern Ireland is officially part of the UK not Britain. Make your mind up.

George Carlin
Re: St.Patrick's Day Parade NYC Threats [Re: SEAN_SOUTH] #768380
03/17/14 06:35 AM
03/17/14 06:35 AM
Great Britain
British Offline
Underboss
British  Offline
Underboss
Great Britain
Its not an Irish forum its crime forum

What do you contribute Sean, all you post is republican nonsense

Keep your politics to yourself and so will i, you capable of that!

Last edited by British; 03/17/14 06:37 AM.

British is best....
Re: St.Patrick's Day Parade NYC Threats [Re: British] #768386
03/17/14 08:57 AM
03/17/14 08:57 AM
SEAN_SOUTH Offline OP
Capo
SEAN_SOUTH  Offline OP
Capo

I have nothing against Brits posters like Hairy Knuckles are very articulate and informative and my younger brother sparred with David Haye.

I will post a picture if you like let's just call a truce happy St. Paddy's British I agree politics gets us nowhere. I'm happy to call a truce when you actually make a valid contribution to this forum but you haven't made one yet.

George Carlin
Re: St.Patrick's Day Parade NYC Threats [Re: British] #768402
03/17/14 10:12 AM
03/17/14 10:12 AM
SEAN_SOUTH Offline OP
Capo
SEAN_SOUTH  Offline OP
Capo

I suggest you read the history of my posts more closely British I am very knowledgeable about Irish organized crime and I don't know where this bizarre accusation comes from.

I am knowledgeable about organized crime from Chicago to New York, New Jersey and it was me who revealed the recent raid on the British organized crime group who run London known as the Addams Family they are from the north do you know who runs the south? Name the family and I will respect you if you can't name them then your opinion simply doesn't count. You are Irish "me mucker" get used to it cos you know f**k all about Britain you live in the six counties not part of Britain I'm afraid you are irish and part of the UK. Sorry "sunbeam". lol

Give this forum some info that actually rates as a valid contribution and I may show you the respect that is due to someone of actual value to this forum.

George Carlin
Re: St.Patrick's Day Parade NYC Threats [Re: SEAN_SOUTH] #768418
03/17/14 11:32 AM
03/17/14 11:32 AM
SEAN_SOUTH Offline OP
Capo
SEAN_SOUTH  Offline OP
Capo
Oh, and we beat you at your own game and lifted the trophy British how does that feel? http://www.irishcentral.com/sports/ireland/Paradise-in-Paris-Ireland-win-Six-Nations-title-----.html

A nation of saints and scholars this is our day a country of what 4 million beat a country of nearly 70 and more.

We may have been outnumbered but as Bobby Sands said "They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman that doesn't want to be broken".

You could never conquer us we remain defiant to this day. We run England and English gangsters answer to Irish mob bosses just stating a simple fact.

Anyway, two things to remember on this special day...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7QufDfsQTcw

And low lie the...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Hqy8n3BcqA

By a lonely prison wall,
I heard a young girl calling
Michael, they have taken you away,
For you stole Trevelyan's corn,
So the young might see the morn.
Now a prison ship lies waiting in the bay.

Low lie the fields of Athenry
Where once we watched the small free birds fly
Our love was on the wing, we had dreams and songs to sing
It's so lonely 'round the fields of Athenry.

By a lonely prison wall,
I heard a young man calling
Nothing matters, Mary, when you're free
Against the famine and the Crown,
I rebelled, they cut me down.
Now you must raise our child with dignity.

Our love was on the wing, we had dreams and songs to sing

By a lonely harbor wall,
she watched the last star falling
As that prison ship sailed out against the sky
Sure she'll wait and hope and pray,
for her love in Botany Bay

Our love was on the wing, we had dreams

Last edited by SEAN_SOUTH; 03/17/14 11:42 AM.

George Carlin
Re: St.Patrick's Day Parade NYC Threats [Re: SEAN_SOUTH] #768463
03/17/14 03:23 PM
03/17/14 03:23 PM
Great Britain
British Offline
Underboss
British  Offline
Underboss
Great Britain
You embarrass real Irish people with the rubbish you post

Last edited by British; 03/17/14 03:23 PM.

British is best....
Re: St.Patrick's Day Parade NYC Threats [Re: SEAN_SOUTH] #768726
03/18/14 09:11 PM
03/18/14 09:11 PM
Extortion Offline
Underboss
Extortion  Offline
Underboss
A lot of property damage like Bus Stop glass window huts broken and statues tossed everywhere last night, not sure if same cause? I live in a black neighborhood though, lol.

Re: St.Patrick's Day Parade NYC Threats [Re: SEAN_SOUTH] #769353
03/23/14 02:13 PM
03/23/14 02:13 PM
Great Britain
British Offline
Underboss
British  Offline
Underboss
Great Britain

British is best....
Re: St.Patrick's Day Parade NYC Threats [Re: British] #769367
03/23/14 04:03 PM
03/23/14 04:03 PM
SEAN_SOUTH Offline OP
Capo
SEAN_SOUTH  Offline OP
Capo

That's no big shocker everyone knows most of those protestants live in the south. Most were racist rednecks too but all I care about is New York and the North East. Which is majority Catholic.
You can keep the redneck south but anyway what a petty point to make.

'People of Irish ancestry make up 16% of the Catholic population. That’s compared to 20% of evangelicals in the South, where a great number of Irish Americans have joined the Southern Baptist denomination over the years. Some have converted to Protestant, while others have cut ties with organized religion altogether'.

Read more: http://www.irishcentral.com/news/Irish-A...l#ixzz2womV2sDh
Follow us: @IrishCentral on Twitter | IrishCentral on Facebook

Last edited by SEAN_SOUTH; 03/23/14 04:03 PM.

George Carlin

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull