GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 155 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,095
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,284
Hollander 23,360
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,487
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,218
Posts1,056,203
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
why is the Russian Mafia the FBI number 1 priority #765058
02/22/14 01:01 AM
02/22/14 01:01 AM
F
FireHawk Offline OP
Made Member
FireHawk  Offline OP
F
Made Member
http://www.sundayworld.com/top-stories/c...me-fbi-priority

over the Italians, Nigerians, Balkans, Albanians other street gangs? etc...

Re: why is the Russian Mafia the FBI number 1 priority [Re: FireHawk] #765074
02/22/14 08:20 AM
02/22/14 08:20 AM
N.E. Philly/Florida
PhillyMob Offline
Capo
PhillyMob  Offline
Capo
N.E. Philly/Florida
It's either the terrorists or mafia families. I think they like to juggle back and forth with them. But the Russians always had a strong organized crime syndicate. So I guess the wheel landed on the Russians and it's their time to feel the wrath of R.I.C.O.

"My uncle(Nicky Scarfo) always told me, you have to use your brains in this thing, and you always have to use the gun." -"crazy" Phil Leonetti-
Re: why is the Russian Mafia the FBI number 1 priority [Re: FireHawk] #765098
02/22/14 01:26 PM
02/22/14 01:26 PM
Latvia
ThePolakVet Offline
Capo
ThePolakVet  Offline
Capo
Latvia
Big Russian crime groups are into large schemes and make millions if not billions each year from their criminal schemes. Such as the medicare fraud, being one of the most lucrative nowdays. And there's more, like credit card fraud and other stuff. They're into really big things, making money big. You can look at the records as well, 95% of Russians in USA prisons do time for serious crimes. In New York, there's presence of the largest Russian crime groups from Moscow, such as Solntsevskaya and Izmailovskaya for example.
They're hard to take down as well, as Russians are more less to snitch on their own people. As in our ex-USSR prison system, being a snitch equals being buttfucked for it later in prison and get sent to the "rooster" camera.
Plus mainly the members of these groups are sportsmen, such as boxers or kickboxers and others have went trough special military training or even are from special forces back in Russia.

Re: why is the Russian Mafia the FBI number 1 priority [Re: FireHawk] #765100
02/22/14 01:56 PM
02/22/14 01:56 PM
naples,italy
furio_from_naples Offline
furio_from_naples  Offline

naples,italy
With the fall of the Soviet Union and the collapse of the military sistem, many soldiers also specialize as the spitnaz , has without work or with a pitiful wage , have preferred to join criminal groups. For anyone who has seen eastern promises or lord of war will understand what I'm talking about, from 1992 to today,the Russian Mafia have done what the mafia have done in 100 years. In addition, they are ruthless , cruel, haven't fear of ending up in federal prisons than those that holiday.Most are big importers of heroin from Afghanistan, and for their selectivity , each tatoo describing an activity and the elite : the vor and zacogne or "thieves of the law" are considered at the level of mafia godfathers .
Moreover, while Italy and was a valuable ally in the joint struggle against the Mafia , the same can't be said of Russia, where there is a lot of corruption , even at high levels.
I think that the mafia has ceased to be a danger to the US after the 90s , and I think the FBI should focus more on the Russians , Latinos , and Blacks in that order and then think about the Mafia.

Re: why is the Russian Mafia the FBI number 1 priority [Re: FireHawk] #765103
02/22/14 02:30 PM
02/22/14 02:30 PM
Latvia
ThePolakVet Offline
Capo
ThePolakVet  Offline
Capo
Latvia
Thieves in Law are the higher elite of Russian prisons, not the mafia. These are really smart and respected men who have done time in ex-USSR prisons. But don't mix them with other Russian criminals, because not all of them live by the "right ideas" which Vory V Zakone actually do.

Re: why is the Russian Mafia the FBI number 1 priority [Re: FireHawk] #765122
02/22/14 04:39 PM
02/22/14 04:39 PM
I
IvyLeague Offline
IvyLeague  Offline
I

Originally Posted By: FireHawk
http://www.sundayworld.com/top-stories/c...me-fbi-priority

over the Italians, Nigerians, Balkans, Albanians other street gangs? etc...

The article above is a good example of how some news outlets (if you can call them that) take original material from other sources, add their own spin to it, and then serve it up to the public.

Even though terrorism is really looked at as separate, the original Wall Street Journal article talked about how terrorism and transnational organized crime (which includes more than just the Russians) had pulled agents away from investigating La Cosa Nostra.

This is what the 2006 U.S. Department of Justice Organized Crime Report said:

"While the LCN still remains a threat today in certain cities of the U.S., IOC groups have steadily emerged over the past two decades to pose greater challenges to law enforcement.

Defined priorities of the U.S. Attorney General's Organized Crime Division included -

1) Top International Criminal Organization Targets

2) Families of La Cosa Nostra

3) Organized Crime Groups investigated by the International Organized Crime Intelligence & Operations Center

4) Any other organized crime group the Organized Crime/Gang Squad and the local U.S. Attorney designate a High Priority Organized Crime Group"

These new priorities were seen again in 2008 when the U.S. Attorney General's Organized Crime Council began to consider international organized crime, rather than La Cosa Nostra, to be the primary organized crime threat facing the U.S.

One needs to keep in mind however that, in addition to referring to international organized crime as a whole, the above reports are also dealing with the U.S. as a whole. The relative presence of the LCN is going to vary from one area to the other and so be higher up or lower down on the list. As far as New York goes, if anything it would have to be transnational organized crime in general that has bumped the LCN to the #2 criminal priority and not just a single organization or ethic group.

Last edited by IvyLeague; 02/22/14 04:39 PM.

Mods should mind their own business and leave poster's profile signatures alone.
Re: why is the Russian Mafia the FBI number 1 priority [Re: FireHawk] #765128
02/22/14 05:00 PM
02/22/14 05:00 PM
P
paprincess Offline
Capo
paprincess  Offline
P
Capo
because the Russians got their little sharp eyed money greedy hands into any type of shady illegal activity that generates income in the states... human trafficking, guns, narcotics you name it...

Re: why is the Russian Mafia the FBI number 1 priority [Re: paprincess] #765167
02/22/14 08:59 PM
02/22/14 08:59 PM
Hudson County NJ
D
DB Offline
Underboss
DB  Offline
D
Underboss
Hudson County NJ
Russians do seem to do the sophisticated crimes well like health care fraud but I've never heard or seen them handle much if any gambling or do shy outside their community, no labor / union stuff either . However they do make a ton with the women stuff

I still see the Genovese as being bigger earners than the Russians as their gambling and shy are huge and cover big areas . Plus alot of green and extortion / union / labor . They really are pros at the the quasi illegal / legal stuff .

Re: why is the Russian Mafia the FBI number 1 priority [Re: FireHawk] #765184
02/22/14 11:25 PM
02/22/14 11:25 PM
C
ChiSox74 Offline
Button
ChiSox74  Offline
C
Button
Are Russians in the U.S. mostly concentrated in the New York area?

Re: why is the Russian Mafia the FBI number 1 priority [Re: ChiSox74] #765197
02/23/14 02:52 AM
02/23/14 02:52 AM
Hudson County NJ
D
DB Offline
Underboss
DB  Offline
D
Underboss
Hudson County NJ
Bigtime Russian population in Brooklyn

Alot of russian girls are taxied (likely Russian OC owned) into NJ strip clubs, then give HJ/ BJ and more in the lapdance room.

Alot of the NJ strip clubs are either LCN silently owned or extorted etc., strip clubs are a big part of their biz model, lol, not just for protection payments but also for gambling and shy customers, alot of small business owners frequent these spots, especially custruction companies. Its probably one of the biggest areas that the OC groups work together in. Shoot some of the girls sell coke in their too, perfect buffer as who gonna rat on a hot girl that just gave you a great HJ, lol

Re: why is the Russian Mafia the FBI number 1 priority [Re: DB] #765311
02/23/14 09:52 PM
02/23/14 09:52 PM
P
paprincess Offline
Capo
paprincess  Offline
P
Capo
loll new York clubs are known for those girls, they claim to make 10,000 a night giving bj's and doing coke. I'm embarrassed for them loll... not for the coke, but the bj's.

Re: why is the Russian Mafia the FBI number 1 priority [Re: FireHawk] #765617
02/25/14 07:46 PM
02/25/14 07:46 PM
Cook County
T
TheArm Offline
BANNED
TheArm  Offline
BANNED
T
Underboss
Cook County
First lets address the 800 pound gorilla in the room when it comes to the Russian mob; It’s actually the Russian Jewish/Lithuanian mob. Virtually the entire leadership of the Russian factions in the Midwest are Jewish/Lithuanian, or both. I have no reason to believe this is not the case everywhere.
The reason they have become a priority is simple, it is the nature of the rackets they trend to.
Gun running, Human trafficking, White slavery, International Prostitution Medicare, Medicaid and welfare fraud, Section 8 Fraud, Identity theft, Cyber crimes, “Dumping” or property of cities and counties, all orchestrated from 3 Continents meaning it is not just racketeering but international racketeering, meaning that agencies outside the US become involved.

Been there and done it
I am very much for real, so if you ask, make sure you really want to know.
Re: why is the Russian Mafia the FBI number 1 priority [Re: ChiSox74] #765618
02/25/14 07:47 PM
02/25/14 07:47 PM
Cook County
T
TheArm Offline
BANNED
TheArm  Offline
BANNED
T
Underboss
Cook County
Originally Posted By: ChiSox74
Are Russians in the U.S. mostly concentrated in the New York area?

Are you Kidding?
Cook, Lake and Du page county Illinois are full of them.

Been there and done it
I am very much for real, so if you ask, make sure you really want to know.
Re: why is the Russian Mafia the FBI number 1 priority [Re: TheArm] #765680
02/26/14 11:17 AM
02/26/14 11:17 AM
S
slumpy Offline
Capo
slumpy  Offline
S
Capo
Originally Posted By: TheArm
First lets address the 800 pound gorilla in the room when it comes to the Russian mob; It’s actually the Russian Jewish/Lithuanian mob. Virtually the entire leadership of the Russian factions in the Midwest are Jewish/Lithuanian, or both. I have no reason to believe this is not the case everywhere.
The reason they have become a priority is simple, it is the nature of the rackets they trend to.
Gun running, Human trafficking, White slavery, International Prostitution Medicare, Medicaid and welfare fraud, Section 8 Fraud, Identity theft, Cyber crimes, “Dumping” or property of cities and counties, all orchestrated from 3 Continents meaning it is not just racketeering but international racketeering, meaning that agencies outside the US become involved.

uh huh and the LCN is actually the catholic mob, right?

lol.

besides which coming out of the Soviet era most Russians were probably a-religious or orthodox christians. I'm not saying there are no jews in the Russian mob - because there are, lots of them - but to insinuate that even a majority of them are jews is highly disingenuous.

Last edited by slumpy; 02/26/14 11:20 AM.
Re: why is the Russian Mafia the FBI number 1 priority [Re: TheArm] #765749
02/26/14 07:43 PM
02/26/14 07:43 PM
C
ChiSox74 Offline
Button
ChiSox74  Offline
C
Button
Really?

I know I've heard Russian radio on the AM dial, but most Eastern Europeans I meet in the Chicago area are Poles. I know there are Russians around, but I'm not sure they are in any great numbers

Re: why is the Russian Mafia the FBI number 1 priority [Re: FireHawk] #765963
02/28/14 01:27 AM
02/28/14 01:27 AM
Larry's Bar
Giacomo_Vacari Offline
Underboss
Giacomo_Vacari  Offline
Underboss
Larry's Bar
Russians are far more dangerous and smarter then the other criminal groups.

@ThePolakVet, there are actually two Russian crime groups. The Vory V Zakone are your hardcore gangsters that live by the thiefs code, and go by the tattoos that one obtains in prison. The other group is the younger generation that get inked up with no regard as to what the tattoos really means or symbolizes, or older members that never joined the vory, but are highly intelligent to pull off sophisticated crimes, or bodybuilders that have become enforcers for crime groups.

@ChiSox74, outside New York City you can find them in California, Florida, Washington, New Jersey and Illinois.

@TheArm, many of the Russian criminals fled Russia with false papers declaring them of the judaism faith when they headed to the United States and Israel from the 1970's onward. Yes there are jewish russian gangsters among them and some of them have obtained the rank of Pakhan, but a majority of the russian gangsters are of slavic origin and had falsified their papers when the Soviet Union allowed jews to migrate out of Russia or other soviet states.

"I have this Nightmare. I'm on 5th avenue watching the St. Patrick's Day parade and I have a coronary and nine thousand cops march happily over my body." Chief Sidney Green
Re: why is the Russian Mafia the FBI number 1 priority [Re: FireHawk] #766013
02/28/14 12:41 PM
02/28/14 12:41 PM
North StL County, MO
S
StLguy Offline
Capo
StLguy  Offline
S
Capo
North StL County, MO
I remember reading a while back that the FBI claimed the the 'center' of Russian organized crime in the US was shifting from NYC to Miami. Is this FBI BS or is there any truth to it?

Re: why is the Russian Mafia the FBI number 1 priority [Re: StLguy] #766042
02/28/14 04:01 PM
02/28/14 04:01 PM
I
IvyLeague Offline
IvyLeague  Offline
I

Originally Posted By: StLguy
I remember reading a while back that the FBI claimed the the 'center' of Russian organized crime in the US was shifting from NYC to Miami. Is this FBI BS or is there any truth to it?

I don't know if it's the "center" but, according to reports in the last couple years, the Russians have enough presence in Miami to have become the #1 investigative priority for the FBI there in terms of organized crime.

Last edited by IvyLeague; 02/28/14 04:01 PM.

Mods should mind their own business and leave poster's profile signatures alone.
Re: why is the Russian Mafia the FBI number 1 priority [Re: FireHawk] #766085
02/28/14 07:09 PM
02/28/14 07:09 PM
Cajunland
LaLouisiane Offline
Cajun Mafia
LaLouisiane  Offline
Cajun Mafia
Underboss
Cajunland
I found an interesting article on The supposed "Russian Mob in Louisiana, Y'all might get a kick out of this:

http://www.wwltv.com/news/NOPD-downplays...-195659501.html

In other notes, I remember years back some Russians were involved in a medicare fraud case down here, they threw the word Russian Mafia around in the newspapers, I'll try to find them.

"What are you cacklin' hens cluckin' about?!?!"

"Is that him?!? With the sombrero on?!?"

Re: why is the Russian Mafia the FBI number 1 priority [Re: Giacomo_Vacari] #766128
03/01/14 07:06 AM
03/01/14 07:06 AM
Underground
Toodoped Offline
Murder Ink
Toodoped  Offline
Murder Ink
Underboss
Underground
Originally Posted By: Giacomo_Vacari
Russians are far more dangerous and smarter then the other criminal groups.

True becasue they are mostly involved in big time white collar crime

He who can never endure the bad will never see the good
Re: why is the Russian Mafia the FBI number 1 priority [Re: FireHawk] #766257
03/02/14 02:48 AM
03/02/14 02:48 AM
Larry's Bar
Giacomo_Vacari Offline
Underboss
Giacomo_Vacari  Offline
Underboss
Larry's Bar
If you want a reason for why they are the FBI number 1 priority. They have some of the best forgers and printers in the world to be able to give some one a completely new identity, which is a threat to the NSA. Another reason, some of the groups have their own weapons factories, military grade weaponry that they are able to smuggle into the United States.

There is a large presence of Russian crime groups in Miami, but most of these are small groups who relocated to get out of the influence sphere of the larger groups, with the exception of both the Brother's Circle and the Grekov group from St. Petersburg, Russia. Also keep in mind many news reports get the Russian and Chechen mafia mixed up. There is a small presence of the Chechens in Miami who are a big mover in drugs for the other Chechens in latin american countries. Then you Have the Georgians, mainly from the Kutaisi clan or other groups that have become a force in the past two decades who operate in Florida. These three groups are different but are always thrown in together.

I still believe that New York City is still the center for the Russian Mob.

"I have this Nightmare. I'm on 5th avenue watching the St. Patrick's Day parade and I have a coronary and nine thousand cops march happily over my body." Chief Sidney Green
Re: why is the Russian Mafia the FBI number 1 priority [Re: Giacomo_Vacari] #766289
03/02/14 02:16 PM
03/02/14 02:16 PM
Latvia
ThePolakVet Offline
Capo
ThePolakVet  Offline
Capo
Latvia

@ThePolakVet, there are actually two Russian crime groups. The Vory V Zakone are your hardcore gangsters that live by the thiefs code, and go by the tattoos that one obtains in prison. The other group is the younger generation that get inked up with no regard as to what the tattoos really means or symbolizes, or older members that never joined the vory, but are highly intelligent to pull off sophisticated crimes, or bodybuilders that have become enforcers for crime groups.

Vory V Zakone are not considered as a crime group, it's a lifestyle that people lead by living by the "right ideas" or as you call them in Russian - ponyatiya. If you consider it, Vory V Zakone started as a prison gang very long time ago. Nowdays it's influence goes also outside of prisons. The main ideology of the group is to live the life of a criminal, a code that you must follow by when you live in prison. That's why in our ex-USSR prisons we don't have prison gangs like for example there are in US.
The main tasks for Vory V Zakone in prisons where to keep the prison life in order, to collect the obshak and to put resistance to the government. These are usually very smart men and they're highly respected.
Nowdays the influence of Vory V Zakone is on the outside also. Usually Vory lead crime groups or look over regions of influence. Such as in Latvia there was Vyacheslav "Sliva" Shestakov who got recently deported and now there's Vyacheslav Vasiliev who looks over the Baltic Region and crime groups operating here. They oftenly are judges on conflicts between groups also. But nowdays it's also that many people buy the status of Vor V Zakone, those are called "apelsini" by those Thieves in Law who were crowned originally. Also if a Vor V Zakone gets crowned in prison, he has more respect.

About the younger generation which you meant. These are bandits, mobsters and the so called mafia. Not every group of these live by ponyatiya. In the 90's yes, they were mostly sportsmen like boxers and bodybuilders most oftenly. There are ex-cops or ex-military people in these groups, people who wouldn't be with the Vory V Zakone. These are the people who don't think about laws, but about how to make money. Each group differs from another. Some is all intelligent and does business smooth, others are meatheads and destroy anything in their way.

Originally Posted By: TheArm
First lets address the 800 pound gorilla in the room when it comes to the Russian mob; It’s actually the Russian Jewish/Lithuanian mob. Virtually the entire leadership of the Russian factions in the Midwest are Jewish/Lithuanian, or both.
No, we Russians are not all Jews or Lithuanians. However, there are a lot of Russian Jews in USA, as they were the ones who emigrated from the USSR first in the 1970's, then later all the Russians could go.

Re: why is the Russian Mafia the FBI number 1 priority [Re: ThePolakVet] #767362
03/10/14 09:15 PM
03/10/14 09:15 PM
P
paprincess Offline
Capo
paprincess  Offline
P
Capo
good response

Re: why is the Russian Mafia the FBI number 1 priority [Re: Giacomo_Vacari] #767377
03/11/14 05:29 AM
03/11/14 05:29 AM
TheKillingJoke Offline
Underboss
TheKillingJoke  Offline
Underboss
If you want a reason for why they are the FBI number 1 priority. They have some of the best forgers and printers in the world to be able to give some one a completely new identity, which is a threat to the NSA. Another reason, some of the groups have their own weapons factories, military grade weaponry that they are able to smuggle into the United States.

There is a large presence of Russian crime groups in Miami, but most of these are small groups who relocated to get out of the influence sphere of the larger groups, with the exception of both the Brother's Circle and the Grekov group from St. Petersburg, Russia. Also keep in mind many news reports get the Russian and Chechen mafia mixed up. There is a small presence of the Chechens in Miami who are a big mover in drugs for the other Chechens in latin american countries. Then you Have the Georgians, mainly from the Kutaisi clan or other groups that have become a force in the past two decades who operate in Florida. These three groups are different but are always thrown in together.

I still believe that New York City is still the center for the Russian Mob.

Never knew the Chechen and Georgian mafia operated in Florida. Chechens are mostly active in Europe, a known epicenter for them is Antwerp. There have been several cases involving Chechen gangsters in Antwerp: a shootout with some Albanian gangsters, the selling of illegal gold before robbing the same customers and getting the gold back, some heroin dealing and two particularly vicious bits of extortion where a local loan shark got his entire hand ripped off with garden shears and another had his ear cut off.

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull