GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
2 registered members (Capri, Jimmy_Two_Times), 111 guests, and 2 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,095
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,284
Hollander 23,355
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,487
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,216
Posts1,056,191
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Woody Allen #761569
02/03/14 02:26 AM
02/03/14 02:26 AM
Yunkai
afsaneh77 Offline OP
Mother of Dragons
afsaneh77  Offline OP
Mother of Dragons

Yunkai
I've always been a Woody Allen fan. I remember once I talked with another board member, how I liked Allen movies and he asked if I knew he had relations with her stepdaughter and married her. I still being biased toward Allen asked him if she was under aged, and he said no, but still.

So now that after Golden Globe lifetime achievement award all the circus has once again come to town, there was an undesired opportunity to get to know all the details of what happened. First I read this article:

The Woody Allen Allegations: Not So Fast - The Daily Beast

There I found out that Soon-Yi was not Allen's adopted daughter, they had not met till she was 19 or 21, and that He and Mia were not married. Moreover that medical opinion after examining Dylan found no sign of anal or vaginal rape. I mean, that should be conclusive to clear someone of raping a 7 year old, right? Then again I guess not. Court would give custody of the girl to the very mother who planted such nauseating thoughts inside her head, so that many years later we hear that she's been cutting herself:

An Open Letter From Dylan Farrow

I can imagine that had I been in Mia's shoes, I might have gone insane with rage and might've done the exact despicable thing she did, but shouldn't there be more investigations into such allegations? Shouldn't the court have the responsibility to remove the child from such an environment that would support such ideas even after there was no medical and psychological evidence to support it? Allen even passed a lie detector test, something Mia refused to even take.

Anyway, it breaks my heart to read her account, and yet enrages me that why should such allegations being thrown around so carelessly, and clearing a person's reputation should not be a must, that people would shrug and say we cannot know what really happened, and who cares, he deserves it anyway, he did marry the other stepdaughter(!), even when such strong evidence points out that nothing happened and a child should be left in care of a crazy person, so that years later she believes she was molested as a child. I just needed to vent here.

"Fire cannot kill a dragon." -Daenerys Targaryen, Game of Thrones
Re: Woody Allen [Re: afsaneh77] #761571
02/03/14 05:22 AM
02/03/14 05:22 AM
All Over
NinoSconza Offline
ACTING BOSS
NinoSconza  Offline
ACTING BOSS
Made Member
All Over
Woody Allen is not someone to emulate. Him and his stepdaughter is something that I will never forgive or forget. The man needs help, serious help.

The Sconza Crime Family

UNDISPUTED DEFACTO CARETAKER "BOSS" - SKINNY !!!
ACTING BOSS: NINO SCONZA (Awaiting Trial)
UNDERBOSS : Alfonse "Madbull" Capuzzi
Consigliere: Dellocroce
Street Boss: CHEECH (Supervised Release)
CAPO Joe "Search Function" Schmouzzi
Solider : Nino Sconza Jr.
Florida Faction
Capo Dr. PB (BOCA)
Associate: Jose LNU
SICILIAN FACTION
BOSS: CARMELA "Gravy"
UNDERBOSS: SALVATORE "SNAKES" RUSSO
Associates: A few guys from Harlem they ain't Italian but they get money!!!!

" Skinny he's a stand up guy". A man's man". They don't make guys like skinny no more."
Re: Woody Allen [Re: NinoSconza] #761572
02/03/14 05:30 AM
02/03/14 05:30 AM
Yunkai
afsaneh77 Offline OP
Mother of Dragons
afsaneh77  Offline OP
Mother of Dragons

Yunkai
Originally Posted By: NinoSconza
Him and his stepdaughter...

Soon-Yi was not his stepdaughter.

Re: Woody Allen [Re: afsaneh77] #761601
02/03/14 01:21 PM
02/03/14 01:21 PM
getthesenets Offline
Underboss
getthesenets  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: afsaneh77
I've always been a Woody Allen fan. I remember once I talked with another board member, how I liked Allen movies and he asked if I knew he had relations with her stepdaughter and married her. I still being biased toward Allen asked him if she was under aged, and he said no, but still.

So now that after Golden Globe lifetime achievement award all the circus has once again come to town, there was an undesired opportunity to get to know all the details of what happened. First I read this article:

The Woody Allen Allegations: Not So Fast - The Daily Beast

There I found out that Soon-Yi was not Allen's adopted daughter, they had not met till she was 19 or 21,

the numbers and dates seem to say differently though

http://nymag.com/news/features/scandals/woody-allen-soon-yi-2012-4/

"The object of Allen’s ardor, Soon-Yi,.......in South Korea before Farrow and Previn adopted her, at age 8. Allen would have met her when she was 10."

Re: Woody Allen [Re: afsaneh77] #761604
02/03/14 01:24 PM
02/03/14 01:24 PM
Scotland
Camarel Offline
Underboss
Camarel  Offline
Underboss
Scotland
Falsely accusing a man of rape is one of the most horrible things anyone can do, because there will always be people who don't know the facts who will still believe Allen did this. I'm someone who doesn't know all the facts, so i'll keep off judgment until i know the truth. There's no doubt that Mia Farrow has at least partially coloured her daughters perception of Woody though.

Woody is among my favourite directors/screenwriters and he's not a bad actor either. He has made great films from ridiculous comedies like, Take The Money and Run to touching films like Manhattan and Midnight in Paris to thought provoking films like Crime and Misdemeanors. Take the money and Run and Sleeper are among my favourite comedies both are on yt here -

Re: Woody Allen [Re: getthesenets] #761608
02/03/14 01:32 PM
02/03/14 01:32 PM
Yunkai
afsaneh77 Offline OP
Mother of Dragons
afsaneh77  Offline OP
Mother of Dragons

Yunkai
Originally Posted By: getthesenets

the numbers and dates seem to say differently though

http://nymag.com/news/features/scandals/woody-allen-soon-yi-2012-4/

"The object of Allen’s ardor, Soon-Yi,.......in South Korea before Farrow and Previn adopted her, at age 8. Allen would have met her when she was 10."

"Met" was not the right choice of word. I meant "Dated". More importantly, this is what was mentioned in that article:

"Woody lived in his apartment on Fifth Ave. Mia and her kids lived on Central Park West. In fact, Woody never once stayed over night at Mia’s apartment in 12 years."

Re: Woody Allen [Re: afsaneh77] #761609
02/03/14 01:35 PM
02/03/14 01:35 PM
getthesenets Offline
Underboss
getthesenets  Offline
Underboss

Facts are facts though.....he was dating Farrow when she was raising children....and he ended up dating one of those grown children.

Re: Woody Allen [Re: getthesenets] #761612
02/03/14 01:46 PM
02/03/14 01:46 PM
Yunkai
afsaneh77 Offline OP
Mother of Dragons
afsaneh77  Offline OP
Mother of Dragons

Yunkai

Facts are facts though.....he was dating Farrow when she was raising children....and he ended up dating one of those grown children.

Don't get me wrong, I don't say what he did wasn't terrible. It's fucked up to date mother and then marry her daughter. BUT is such a person a pedophile? Or a child molester? Is it okay to say I really don't know what happened, when the prosecutors didn't even have a case to charge him with? Is it okay that the girl is raised to believe she was sexually assaulted by his stepfather contrary to all evidence? That she would end up cutting herself? These are the questions that all those saying I cannot say what happened should ask their conscience.

Re: Woody Allen [Re: afsaneh77] #761618
02/03/14 02:03 PM
02/03/14 02:03 PM
getthesenets Offline
Underboss
getthesenets  Offline
Underboss
I can't say what Woody did or didn't do regarding the current allegations but he's a creepy weirdo based on him deciding to be with a woman that he helped raise.

He's dating Mia, more than likely they are traveling/vacationing together and he is watching/babysitting/spending time alone with her children.

"falling in love" with somebody that you help raise?

All the women in the world, you marry the woman that you used to babysit????
and the "relationship" is uncovered when Farrow discovers nude pictures of her (then adult) daughter among Woody's things???

You don't think that she INSTANTLY cringed thinking about the times that she wasn't present and Woody was watching her children as they were growing up?

F*ck Woody Allen

Re: Woody Allen [Re: getthesenets] #761626
02/03/14 02:10 PM
02/03/14 02:10 PM
With Geary in Fredo's Brothel
dontomasso Offline
Consigliere to the Stars
dontomasso  Offline
Consigliere to the Stars

With Geary in Fredo's Brothel
I don't know what happened, I was not there, but it is hard to believe that something wrong happened.

Woddy Allen is a brilliant riter and director, but if this is true a seriously flawed (or worse) human being.

For some reason a lot of artists are nuts, and in his case I think you have to judge him on the merits of his work, not what kind of person he is.

Bottom line is he was nover convicted of anything and the Statute of Limitations has run. That said, in the divorce, he got hammered by the judge and was barred from unsupervied visitation with the children. That says a lot.

"Io sono stanco, sono imbigliato, and I wan't everyone here to know, there ain't gonna be no trouble from me..Don Corleone..Cicc' a port!"

"I stood in the courtroom like a fool."

"I am Constanza: Lord of the idiots."

Re: Woody Allen [Re: getthesenets] #761639
02/03/14 02:37 PM
02/03/14 02:37 PM
Yunkai
afsaneh77 Offline OP
Mother of Dragons
afsaneh77  Offline OP
Mother of Dragons

Yunkai
I can't say what Woody did or didn't do regarding the current allegations but he's a creepy weirdo based on him deciding to be with a woman that he helped raise.

He's dating Mia, more than likely they are traveling/vacationing together and he is watching/babysitting/spending time alone with her children.

"falling in love" with somebody that you help raise?

All the women in the world, you marry the woman that you used to babysit????
and the "relationship" is uncovered when Farrow discovers nude pictures of her (then adult) daughter among Woody's things???

You don't think that she INSTANTLY cringed thinking about the times that she wasn't present and Woody was watching her children as they were growing up?

F*ck Woody Allen

Children had nannies. You who are so much interested in facts, better get them straight. There were 8 other kids, 3 of them were Allen's as well. Plus, read this one too:

"According to court documents and Mia’s own memoir, until 1990 (when Soon-Yi was 18 or 20), Woody “had little to do with any of the Previn children, (but) had the least to do with Soon-Yi” so Mia encouraged him to spend more time with her. Woody started taking her to basketball games, and the rest is tabloid history. So he hardly “had his eye on her” from the time she was a child."

Re: Woody Allen [Re: dontomasso] #761641
02/03/14 02:41 PM
02/03/14 02:41 PM
Yunkai
afsaneh77 Offline OP
Mother of Dragons
afsaneh77  Offline OP
Mother of Dragons

Yunkai
Originally Posted By: dontomasso
Bottom line is he was nover convicted of anything and the Statute of Limitations has run. That said, in the divorce, he got hammered by the judge and was barred from unsupervied visitation with the children. That says a lot.

He was not married to Mia. They didn't even live together. They had custody battle in court after the affair with Soon-Yi came to light. And as for that judge, I hold him responsible for letting this mess happen to Dylan. He should've just made them send her back to the system. She was better off not being with Mia or Allen for that matter.

Re: Woody Allen [Re: afsaneh77] #761643
02/03/14 02:48 PM
02/03/14 02:48 PM
getthesenets Offline
Underboss
getthesenets  Offline
Underboss
Because you admire Allen's work, you seem to be trying to rationalize his behavior and/or the situation.

Not against the law to admire an artist's work and to acknowledge their shortcomings/faults/poor judgment/outright perversions.

You can google away but he was dating Mia as she was raising children..and he later married one of them. Fact that he's very talented doesn't change that.

Re: Woody Allen [Re: getthesenets] #761651
02/03/14 03:02 PM
02/03/14 03:02 PM
Yunkai
afsaneh77 Offline OP
Mother of Dragons
afsaneh77  Offline OP
Mother of Dragons

Yunkai
Because you admire Allen's work, you seem to be trying to rationalize his behavior and/or the situation.

Not against the law to admire an artist's work and to acknowledge their shortcomings/faults/poor judgment/outright perversions.

You can google away but he was dating Mia as she was raising children..and he later married one of them. Fact that he's very talented doesn't change that.

Ha! So this is what I get for getting the facts straight? You are so biased against him, you skew facts and then when you are corrected, you accuse me of being biased? Nice argument.

Re: Woody Allen [Re: afsaneh77] #761652
02/03/14 03:04 PM
02/03/14 03:04 PM
Texas
O
olivant Offline
olivant  Offline
O

Texas
As a father for several decades now, I hold fathers to a strict ethic part of which is as follows: you must, at all times throughout a child's life, be a father to that child. If you should have any feelings for that child other than parental, you must subvert them, never manifest them, and never let them affect your decision-making.

"Generosity. That was my first mistake."
"Experience must be our only guide; reason may mislead us."
"Instagram is Twitter for people who can't read."
Re: Woody Allen [Re: olivant] #761653
02/03/14 03:06 PM
02/03/14 03:06 PM
Yunkai
afsaneh77 Offline OP
Mother of Dragons
afsaneh77  Offline OP
Mother of Dragons

Yunkai
Originally Posted By: olivant
As a father for several decades now, I hold fathers to a strict ethic part of which is as follows: you must, at all times throughout a child's life, be a father to that child. If you should have any feelings for that child other than parental, you must subvert them, never manifest them, and never let them affect your decision-making.

How is this related to this argument? You know Soon-Yi's stepfather was Andre Previn, right?

Re: Woody Allen [Re: afsaneh77] #761755
02/04/14 12:51 PM
02/04/14 12:51 PM
Southeastern Massachusetts
JCB1977 Offline
Underboss
JCB1977  Offline
Underboss
At the end of the day, who really gives a fuck? It doesn't affect you, it doesn't affect me and Woody isn't paying any of our mortgages. NONE of us will actually know the truth. If it's true, I feel terrible for that young girl. Whether he's a brilliant writer and director (I've always been a big fan), it doesn't mean that he isn't a little fucked up in the head. Most actors/entertainers have battled something in their lives. If it does prove to be true, he should spend the rest of his life in a cage in general population.

Re: Woody Allen [Re: afsaneh77] #761913
02/05/14 01:50 AM
02/05/14 01:50 AM
Yunkai
afsaneh77 Offline OP
Mother of Dragons
afsaneh77  Offline OP
Mother of Dragons

Yunkai
I do give a damn that these allegations shouldn't be thrown around so carelessly, specially when the accused is somebody whose works I've enjoyed. Caring and reputation are not for sale, so when Allen doesn't pay my mortgage I still care about his reputation. What surprises me is that why someone who doesn't give a fuck should care to write that they don't give a fuck. tongue

Plus, I do think that I know what didn't happen based on the medical examination that she was not raped. There was no sign of injury or sexual assault. This much is certain. If she was touched in a funny way, that I cannot be certain. But she wasn't certainly sexually assaulted as she describes it, "focusing on the train?" Seriously? And back then when she was asked how she was touched, she wouldn't have a clue? That her nanny would say that she was not out of her sight that day for more than 5 minutes and that unlike what her stepmother says she was not without her underwear?

Re: Woody Allen [Re: afsaneh77] #761920
02/05/14 02:52 AM
02/05/14 02:52 AM
Yunkai
afsaneh77 Offline OP
Mother of Dragons
afsaneh77  Offline OP
Mother of Dragons

Yunkai

Re: Woody Allen [Re: afsaneh77] #761954
02/05/14 12:54 PM
02/05/14 12:54 PM
JCB1977 Offline
Underboss
JCB1977  Offline
Underboss
If you still care about his reputation, maybe you should go to work for him in Public Relations. The guy's been a scum bag his entire life (and I still enjoy his movies).

How do you know if she was raped or not? Did you do the examination? Woody Allen has always been a devious little twerp who is a good writer and director, not unusual for those types of people in entertainment.

Unless you were in the attic at the alleged molestation, then you will never know. He looks the type, that's for certain. Hard crime to prove, but his past behavior will make anybody with a decent mind on alert for his pedophilia tendencies.

Re: Woody Allen [Re: afsaneh77] #761983
02/05/14 02:41 PM
02/05/14 02:41 PM
C
ChiSox74 Offline
Button
ChiSox74  Offline
C
Button
What would Paulie Walnuts say about this?

Re: Woody Allen [Re: JCB1977] #762001
02/05/14 03:11 PM
02/05/14 03:11 PM
LittleMan Offline
Capo
LittleMan  Offline
Capo
I think JCB has a point which is shared by LE. This is simply an internal family issue, which doesn't involve the government.

Based on what is being written in the media, the statute of limitations expired fifteen years ago. I believe that means even if the daughter's allegations are proven to be true beyond a shadow of doubt... there will be no jail time or legal punishment.

Back when the allegations first surfaced, the prosecutor declined to press charges. I'm not sure what changed between then and now....probably nothing. I'm not trying to come off as cold hearted, but I get the feeling that some are holding out hope that Woody will finally be made to pay for his alleged sexual misconduct. It won't happen.

You shit-kicking, stinky, horse-manure-smelling motherfucker you! If you ever get out of line over there again, I'll smash your fucking head so hard you won't be able to get that cowboy hat on. You hear me? Fucking hick. -Nicky (Casino)
Re: Woody Allen [Re: JCB1977] #762011
02/05/14 03:28 PM
02/05/14 03:28 PM
Yunkai
afsaneh77 Offline OP
Mother of Dragons
afsaneh77  Offline OP
Mother of Dragons

Yunkai
Originally Posted By: JCB1977
How do you know if she was raped or not? Did you do the examination?

No, but I trust the doctors who did. Sure as hell, Mia would've wanted to nail him and if there was a single doctor who would sign off on vaginal or anal intercourse, the case would've not been dropped. Expert opinion when not refuted by any other expert would be empirical fact. Just because you have prejudices against the way he looks, doesn't mean that we don't know for sure that she was not raped.

Re: Woody Allen [Re: afsaneh77] #762019
02/05/14 04:03 PM
02/05/14 04:03 PM
JCB1977 Offline
Underboss
JCB1977  Offline
Underboss
Prejudice? Are you freaking kidding? Woody is a freak-a-zoid and there's an old saying my friend, "where there's smoke, there's fire!" This girl didn't concoct these episodes in her head and Woody has been known to fondle a few interns and actresses while on set.

And FYI, if you got 10 doctors to look at the evidence, there would be differing opinions whether or not there is evidence of sexual abuse. Doctors have been wrong many times before and how do we know that this doctor that did the exam isn't a friend or acquaintance of Woody?

How do you know what Mia would have wanted? Do you read her mind? Could you tell me what she's thinking right now? I love his movies, but he's a weasel...you know it and I know it.

Re: Woody Allen [Re: ChiSox74] #762020
02/05/14 04:05 PM
02/05/14 04:05 PM
JCB1977 Offline
Underboss
JCB1977  Offline
Underboss
Paulie would say "Get the fuck outta here, let's whack this little bastard!"

Re: Woody Allen [Re: JCB1977] #762025
02/05/14 04:17 PM
02/05/14 04:17 PM
Yunkai
afsaneh77 Offline OP
Mother of Dragons
afsaneh77  Offline OP
Mother of Dragons

Yunkai
Originally Posted By: JCB1977
And FYI, if you got 10 doctors to look at the evidence, there would be differing opinions whether or not there is evidence of sexual abuse. Doctors have been wrong many times before and how do we know that this doctor that did the exam isn't a friend or acquaintance of Woody?

We were talking about rape here, there would not be differing opinions on a 7 year old girl, who has to be a virgin. There would be sure signs of intercourse and all 10 doctors would agree. Likewise if there was anal penetration, there would be injuries. However you can choose to have your head in the sand where you feel comfortable with your prejudices.

Re: Woody Allen [Re: afsaneh77] #762030
02/05/14 04:26 PM
02/05/14 04:26 PM
JCB1977 Offline
Underboss
JCB1977  Offline
Underboss
LMAO- Woody is a FREAK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! No doubt he rubbed his pecker up against her, it's in his nature.

Re: Woody Allen [Re: afsaneh77] #762579
02/08/14 08:36 AM
02/08/14 08:36 AM
MI
Lilo Offline
Lilo  Offline

MI
Woody Speaks Out

Quote:
...Of course, I did not molest Dylan. I loved her and hope one day she will grasp how she has been cheated out of having a loving father and exploited by a mother more interested in her own festering anger than her daughter’s well-being. Being taught to hate your father and made to believe he molested you has already taken a psychological toll on this lovely young woman, and Soon-Yi and I are both hoping that one day she will understand who has really made her a victim and reconnect with us, as Moses has, in a loving, productive way. No one wants to discourage abuse victims from speaking out, but one must bear in mind that sometimes there are people who are falsely accused and that is also a terribly destructive thing. (This piece will be my final word on this entire matter and no one will be responding on my behalf to any further comments on it by any party. Enough people have been hurt.)

"When the snows fall and the white winds blow, the lone wolf dies but the pack survives."
Winter is Coming

Now this is the Law of the Jungle—as old and as true as the sky; And the wolf that shall keep it may prosper, but the wolf that shall break it must die.
As the creeper that girdles the tree-trunk, the Law runneth forward and back; For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack.
Re: Woody Allen [Re: afsaneh77] #762604
02/08/14 01:34 PM
02/08/14 01:34 PM
G
Giancarlo Offline
Underboss
Giancarlo  Offline
G
Underboss
Here's the 1993 custody ruling in the Allen - Farrow matter.

Personally i find parts of it disturbing. He might not have raped her but he is a strange disturbing guy in my book.

http://amradaronline.files.wordpress.com...ne-7-1993-2.pdf

Re: Woody Allen [Re: Giancarlo] #762607
02/08/14 01:39 PM
02/08/14 01:39 PM
JCB1977 Offline
Underboss
JCB1977  Offline
Underboss
He's a sicko and he fits the criteria for a PIG...oink oink oink!

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull