GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 116 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,399
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,794
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,505
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,291
Posts1,058,076
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Toronto-area Siderno Group's Vincenzo DeMaria #750548
11/28/13 12:13 AM
11/28/13 12:13 AM
A
antimafia Offline OP
Underboss
antimafia  Offline OP
A
Underboss
Link:

http://news.nationalpost.com/2013/11/27/...lifetime-parole

Excerpt:

Alleged Mafia boss and convicted killer quietly arrested near Toronto for allegedly breaching his lifetime parole
Adrian Humphreys
National Post
27/11/13 | Last Updated: 27/11/13 9:57 PM ET

A man named as one of the most powerful Mafia bosses in Toronto — who is already suing the government over his treatment by the prison and parole system — was quietly arrested and returned to a federal prison.

The province’s Repeat Offender Parole Enforcement Squad arrived at the Mississauga home of Vincenzo “Jimmy” DeMaria, 59, on Nov. 14 and arrested him for an alleged breach of his lifetime parole for a murder conviction. On Tuesday, he was sent to Joyceville Institution, a medium-security prison in Kingston, the National Post has learned.

It is not known what parole condition he is alleged to have breached, but it is likely an order not to associate with people with a criminal record or involved in crime.

“We don’t know why he’s been picked up. We have been pestering the parole office for information as to what the reason is,” said John Hill, DeMaria’s lawyer.

“By all accounts he’s been an angel.”

Despite the arrest of such a high-profile figure, authorities did not notify the public or media....

Re: Toronto-area Siderno Group's Vincenzo DeMaria [Re: antimafia] #750550
11/28/13 12:59 AM
11/28/13 12:59 AM
Canada
G
Giordano Offline
Button
Giordano  Offline
G
Button
Canada
Nice find Anti Mafia. I think the Ndrangheta Cell he heads was one of the Ontario Ndrangheta Groups that supported those in Montreal trying to take down the Rizzuto's. I wonder if the timing of his arrest and police neglecting to inform the media about it has to do with police fearing for his safety.

This guy's cousin Nicolo Cortese was arrested in Montreal right after Nick Rizzuto Sr's Murder for trying to shoplift a silencer from a Canadian Tire Store. Police thought it was more than a coincidence that Cortese a Ndrangheta member from Toronto was in Montreal so close after Nick Sr murder and interviewed him about it multiple times.

If I remember correctly Salvatore Calautti the Ndrangheta member murdered at a bachelor party a few months back was also part of De Maria's group. After his murder the media was reporting that Calautti was also a main suspect in Nick Sr's murder.

Back in the early 2000's one of Rizzuto's Ontario associate's murdered two members of De Maria's group over a territory dispute. I think Rizzuto's guy was named Palepinto (spelling is prob wrong). Palepinto was not a made guy the Ndrangheta guys were with one of them being the son of a major boss in Calabria. Rizzuto was not believed to have sanctioned the hit. Palepinto was killed a short time later and Salvatore Calautti was thought to be a suspect in that hit also.

Re: Toronto-area Siderno Group's Vincenzo DeMaria [Re: Giordano] #750619
11/28/13 08:06 PM
11/28/13 08:06 PM
A
antimafia Offline OP
Underboss
antimafia  Offline OP
A
Underboss
Originally Posted By: Giordano
Nice find Anti Mafia. I think the Ndrangheta Cell he heads was one of the Ontario Ndrangheta Groups that supported those in Montreal trying to take down the Rizzuto's. I wonder if the timing of his arrest and police neglecting to inform the media about it has to do with police fearing for his safety.

This guy's cousin Nicolo Cortese was arrested in Montreal right after Nick Rizzuto Sr's Murder for trying to shoplift a silencer from a Canadian Tire Store. Police thought it was more than a coincidence that Cortese a Ndrangheta member from Toronto was in Montreal so close after Nick Sr murder and interviewed him about it multiple times.

If I remember correctly Salvatore Calautti the Ndrangheta member murdered at a bachelor party a few months back was also part of De Maria's group. After his murder the media was reporting that Calautti was also a main suspect in Nick Sr's murder.

Back in the early 2000's one of Rizzuto's Ontario associate's murdered two members of De Maria's group over a territory dispute. I think Rizzuto's guy was named Palepinto (spelling is prob wrong). Palepinto was not a made guy the Ndrangheta guys were with one of them being the son of a major boss in Calabria. Rizzuto was not believed to have sanctioned the hit. Palepinto was killed a short time later and Salvatore Calautti was thought to be a suspect in that hit also.

Giordano:

I happened to be on Twitter last night when Adrian Humphreys, co-author of The Sixth Family, cryptically asked, in a tweet, which Toronto mafia boss was arrested (with details forthcoming). (DeMaria lives on Swinbourne Dr. in Mississauga, immediately west of Toronto.) I am sure you or others would have learned of Humphreys's article by this morning.

I'm glad you were precise in your post about DeMaria's heading a cell that was one of the 'ndrangheta groups in Ontario that may have been supportive of the attempt to oust the Rizzutos, especially if you are distinguishing that not all 'ndrangheta cells or crime groups in Ontario act together as one.

My opinions about any Siderno Group involvement in the attempted takeover have been quite strong; initially, I refused to believe it because I'm aware of the close criminal ties and other ties between the Greater Toronto Area (GTA) 'ndrangheta and the Rizzuto organization/Montreal Mafia. My position has definitely budged, but only because I now see that some Canadian reporters such as Humphreys and Peter Edwards of the Toronto Star, who have both tried to document the internal tensions within the Siderno Group over a number of years (especially while reporting Vincenzo DeMaria's bouts with the law), have been trying subtly to tell us for the last year that some individuals in the Toronto-area Siderno Group liked Vito Rizzuto and remained his ally, but that some in the Siderno Group were anti-Vito.

Nicola Cortese has been identified in a number of articles as DeMaria's nephew, but you may be right because I often later discover errors in newspaper reporting with respect to how one crime figure is related to another. I am aware of the contiguity between Rizzuto Sr.'s murder and Cortese's arrest in Quebec -- I've read varying accounts that state Cortese was discovered in the Montreal area anywhere from a few hours after the murder to three days afterward. There seems to be some foundation to Cortese and Salvatore Calautti being suspects in the murder. Then again, Rocco Remo Commisso of the Siderno Group in Toronto was in Montreal the day Paolo Violi was killed, but no one seems to ask why anymore, even though the tensions in the late '70s between the Violi brothers and the Commisso brothers have been documented.

Calautti was indeed Calabrian and definitely had ties to Siderno Group members; for all we know, he may have even been inducted into the 'ndrangheta. I was able to find out back in July that one of the pallbearers at Calautti's funeral was DeMaria's son Carlo. What's interesting about Calautti, though, is that he was hired as an enforcer and collector not only by those in the Siderno Group but also by at least one other Italian crime group in the GTA that, I have come to discover, is not Calabrian. I recall one article mentioning that Calautti had ties to three GTA Italian crime groups. When Peter Edwards reported on the fairly recent murder of Moreno Gallo, anyone might have easily missed an intriguing sentence in the article about Calautti's apparently bragging (!) about having killed Rizzuto Sr.

I have thoughts too about the Panepinto murder in retaliation for the murders of Napoli and Oppedisano. Several months ago I asked an Italian journalist to look into whether Oppedisano was the son of a major 'ndrangheta boss in Calabria. The journalist asked an antimafia group in Rosarno (Calabria) and probably asked one or two more pentiti. An answer finally came back after a few weeks: the murdered Oppedisano was not the son of Domenico Oppedisano of Rosarno, and no one seemed to know who this murdered Oppedisano was. More important, though, is that I've realized that a number of murders and incidents between the year 2000 and the present have to be re-examined in the light of tensions and accords between the GTA Siderno Group and the Montreal Mafia. One such murder would be the 2005 murder of Brampton's Vincenzo Raco (just one "c" in his surname) in Woodbridge (Vaughan). Raco, a loanshark who was a Siderno Group member, was shot in his vehicle while in the parking lot of a medical-professional building. Although no one has ever been arrested as a suspect in the murder, a man who police believe to be a suspect was seen meeting with Francesco Arcadi in the GTA several days after Raco was killed. For years, I have interpreted this murder as a sign of the Siderno Group's willingness to sacrifice one of its own to appease the Montrealers. Now I'm not so sure. When you bear in mind that Arcadi was also the liaison between Montreal and the Musitano crime group in Hamilton (another Calabrian crime group that has been considered an ally of Vito), you start questioning — and quite rightly — whether the depiction of harmony and overwhelming consensus in the Ontario 'ndrangheta is a realistic portrait. (Hint: It's not. Never has been.)

At times we are getting closer to the truth about what has happened in Montreal over the last four years specifically. More often than not, I'm realizing just how little I know; I'm also realizing that I may have some of it figured out 10 years from now.

Re: Toronto-area Siderno Group's Vincenzo DeMaria [Re: antimafia] #750650
11/28/13 11:41 PM
11/28/13 11:41 PM
SonnyBlackstein Offline
Underboss
SonnyBlackstein  Offline
Underboss
@ Giordano and Antimafia:

Great posts! Very interesting, informative and a great read.
Keep them coming and my thanks.

MORGAN: Why didn't you fight him at the park if you wanted to? I'm not goin' now, I'm eatin' my snack.
CHUCKIE: Morgan, Let's go.
MORGAN: I'm serious Chuckie, I ain't goin'.
WILL: So don't go.
Re: Toronto-area Siderno Group's Vincenzo DeMaria [Re: SonnyBlackstein] #822250
01/05/15 11:38 AM
01/05/15 11:38 AM
A
antimafia Offline OP
Underboss
antimafia  Offline OP
A
Underboss

Re: Toronto-area Siderno Group's Vincenzo DeMaria [Re: antimafia] #822251
01/05/15 11:42 AM
01/05/15 11:42 AM
New York
SC Offline
Consigliere
SC  Offline
Consigliere

New York

Re: Toronto-area Siderno Group's Vincenzo DeMaria [Re: SonnyBlackstein] #822280
01/05/15 02:00 PM
01/05/15 02:00 PM
Mammola
S
Stu_Katz Offline
Wiseguy
Stu_Katz  Offline
S
Wiseguy
Mammola
I second that!
Originally Posted By: SonnyBlackstein
@ Giordano and Antimafia:

Great posts! Very interesting, informative and a great read.
Keep them coming and my thanks.

Re: Toronto-area Siderno Group's Vincenzo DeMaria [Re: antimafia] #990370
04/30/20 03:11 AM
04/30/20 03:11 AM
A
antimafia Offline OP
Underboss
antimafia  Offline OP
A
Underboss
Alleged top Toronto Mafia boss arrested again before he took even one step out of prison

https://nationalpost.com/news/alleg...step-out-of-prison-after-winning-parole/

Re: Toronto-area Siderno Group's Vincenzo DeMaria [Re: antimafia] #991261
05/15/20 06:41 AM
05/15/20 06:41 AM
H
Hollander Offline
Hollander  Offline
H

Accused Mafia boss seeking prison release could direct Canada's underworld while on parole, hearing told

https://nationalpost.com/news/accus...-underworld-while-on-parole-hearing-told

"The king is dead, long live the king!"
Re: Toronto-area Siderno Group's Vincenzo DeMaria [Re: antimafia] #991573
05/21/20 02:37 AM
05/21/20 02:37 AM
H
Hollander Offline
Hollander  Offline
H

Jimmy was released.
https://nationalpost.com/news/accus...live-at-home-while-he-fights-deportation

DeMaria was told to steer clear of Rocco Remo Commisso and the Figliomeni brothers. He was also told not to communicate with two men from Italy who are his cousins: Vincenzo Muià and Giuseppe Gregoraci. However the latter died a few months ago. Suicide.

Last edited by Hollander; 05/21/20 02:47 AM.

Re: Toronto-area Siderno Group's Vincenzo DeMaria [Re: antimafia] #998468
10/19/20 10:16 PM
10/19/20 10:16 PM
A
antimafia Offline OP
Underboss
antimafia  Offline OP
A
Underboss
Alleged Toronto Mafia boss finally gets freedom to roam, though hobbled by broken ankle and COVID worry

https://nationalpost.com/news/canad...-hobbled-by-broken-ankle-and-covid-worry

Re: Toronto-area Siderno Group's Vincenzo DeMaria [Re: antimafia] #999567
11/11/20 06:33 PM
11/11/20 06:33 PM
H
Hollander Offline
Hollander  Offline
H

Mississauga organized crime figure and convicted killer granted full parole, won’t be deported

https://www.thestar.com/news/gta/20...ranted-full-parole-wont-be-deported.html

Re: Toronto-area Siderno Group's Vincenzo DeMaria [Re: antimafia] #1042000
10/16/22 10:05 PM
10/16/22 10:05 PM
A
antimafia Offline OP
Underboss
antimafia  Offline OP
A
Underboss
In tonight’s newscast of The National that started airing at 9:00 pm EDT, a CBC News Investigates segment reveals that Canada is trying to either deport or extradite De Maria at the request of the Italian authorities. But there’s a chance this may not happen because Canadian law enforcement did not obtain proper judicial authorizations. Deportation and extradition are not the same; so I’m trying to get clarification.

The TV program repeats every hour up till 1:00 am EDT. So Canadian viewers in this time zone may want to check at 10:25 pm, 11:25 pm, 12:25 am, or 1:25 am.

I’ll try to find an online link.

Re: Toronto-area Siderno Group's Vincenzo DeMaria [Re: antimafia] #1042004
10/16/22 10:26 PM
10/16/22 10:26 PM
A
antimafia Offline OP
Underboss
antimafia  Offline OP
A
Underboss

Re: Toronto-area Siderno Group's Vincenzo DeMaria [Re: antimafia] #1042016
10/17/22 01:04 AM
10/17/22 01:04 AM
A
antimafia Offline OP
Underboss
antimafia  Offline OP
A
Underboss
Also try scrubbing to the 20:00 mark of this YouTube video.

https://youtu.be/QHPX-LJ-x2g

Re: Toronto-area Siderno Group's Vincenzo DeMaria [Re: antimafia] #1042033
10/17/22 01:29 PM
10/17/22 01:29 PM
A
antimafia Offline OP
Underboss
antimafia  Offline OP
A
Underboss
Long investigation into alleged Italian mobster could collapse
https://www.cbc.ca/player/play/2085378627544

Re: Toronto-area Siderno Group's Vincenzo DeMaria [Re: antimafia] #1042035
10/17/22 01:44 PM
10/17/22 01:44 PM
A
antimafia Offline OP
Underboss
antimafia  Offline OP
A
Underboss
Originally Posted by antimafia
Also try scrubbing to the 20:00 mark of this YouTube video.

https://youtu.be/QHPX-LJ-x2g

19:47
>> Ian: TONIGHT A LONG AND EXPENSIVE INVESTIGATION INTO PURPORTED MOBSTERS IS IN DANGER OF FALLING APART. SECRETLY RECORDED CONVERSATIONS
19:53
ARE BEING USED TO CHALLENGE A MAN IN CANADA THAT IS A MAJOR PLAYER IN THE MAFIA. BUT THEY'RE NOW BEING CHALLENGED
20:00
AS INADMISSIBLE. DAVID COMMON BEGINS WITH RARE ACCESS TO THE INVESTIGATION.
20:08
(??) >> Reporter: TORONTO PEARSON AIRPORT. HERE WE ARE. WE'RE ABOUT TO SHOW YOU BEHIND THE SCENES OF A POLICE
20:15
SURVEILLANCE OPERATION AGAINST PURPORTED MOBSTERS, SOME WHO HAVE COME FROM ITALY TRYING TO SOLVE A MURDER.
20:21
WHAT THEY DON'T KNOW IS THAT POLICE ARE ON THEIR TAIL. AS PART OF US RE-TRACING POLICE
20:27
STEPS, WE GOT ACCESS TO SURVEILLANCE PHOTOS OF THESE ALLEGED MOBSTERS MEETING UP AND
20:33
THEIR CONVERSATIONS. THIS IS MARCH 2019, THE ITALIANS
20:39
ARE STAYING AT THIS WOODBRIDGE, ONTARIO, HOME. IN TOWN TO MEET MEMBERS OF THE
20:45
FAMILY THAT ARE REPORTED TO BE POWERFUL MOBSTERS IN CANADA. THE BROTHER OF THIS MAN HAS BEEN
20:51
MURDERED IN ITALY. AND ITALIAN POLICE BELIEVE THAT
20:58
THEY'RE HERE TO FIND OUT WHO IS BEHIND THAT JOB. IT'S VERY CONSEQUENTIAL WHAT HAPPENS INSIDE THIS HOUSE, BECAUSE OF WHAT WE KNOW FROM THE
21:04
RECORDINGS, RIGHT? >> EXACTLY. AND ACCORDING TO THE TRANSCRIPTS FROM THE ITALIAN RECORDING,
21:11
INSIDE THAT EXACT HOUSE WHERE HE HAS A CONVERSATION ABOUT WHO HE WANTS TO HIT BACK AND KILL WHO
21:16
HE THINKS IS RESPONSIBLE FOR HIS BROTHER'S MURDER -- >> Reporter: LIKE AN ASSASSIN?
21:24
>> YEP, HE SAYS THAT THE PROBLEM WOULD BE RESOLVED WITH THESE GUYS. THAT'S AN EXACT QUOTE.
21:30
>> Reporter: THEY AREN'T HERE LONG AND HEADED NEXT TO A FUNERAL HOME OWNED BY THE A FAMILY FRIEND.
21:35
SO OBVIOUSLY THEY DON'T HANG OUT IN THE HOUSE ALL THE TIME AND THEY LEAVE THE HOUSE. THE COPS ARE ON THEIR TAIL.
21:41
>> THEY HAVE A LOT OF MEETINGS AT A FUNERAL HOME AND IT'S OWNED BY ONE OF THE GUYS WHO THEY ARE
21:46
MEETING WITH. >> Reporter: THIS SOUNDS LIKE "BREAKING BAD." >> WELL, YEAH, DEAD BODIES HAVE
21:52
TO END UP SOMEWHERE. WE HAVE A COPY OF YOUR POLICE
21:58
SURVEILLANCE PHOTOS OF THE GUYS IN THE PARKING LOT OF THE FUNERAL HOME. SO THIS IS WHERE THEY ACTUALLY
22:04
TALK ABOUT WHO THEY THINK THAT IS BEHIND THE KILLING. >> Reporter: OKAY, THIS IS THE MURDER OF THE BROTHER.
22:09
AND THAT'S THE WHOLE POINT OF THE TRIP. WHO WHACKED MY BROTHER. WE KNOW WHAT THEY WERE SAYING,
22:15
BECAUSE ITALIAN POLICE HAD BUGGED THE ALLEGED MOBSTERS' PHONE. THE CANADIAN GOVERNMENT IS NOW
22:20
USING THOSE WIRETAPS AS IT TRIES TO DEPORT JIMMY DEIGN MARIA,
22:27
SAYING THAT THE RECORDINGS ARE PROOF THAT HE ASSOCIATED WITH MOBSTERS. BUT THEN THERE'S THE QUESTION,
22:32
WERE THESE LEGALLY OBTAINED RECORDINGS? LIKE THIS BUGGING. AND IF IT WASN'T, DOES IT
22:39
COMPROMISE THE WHOLE DEPORTATION PROCEDURES? >> IF THIS EVIDENCE FALLS APART,
22:45
IT COULD BLOW EVERYTHING UP. >> Reporter: SO WE'RE MEETING WITH ALLEGED MOBSTER JIMMY DEIGN
22:50
MARIA'S LAWYER, SIMON KING. IF IT WASN'T LAWFULLY OBTAINED
22:55
AND IT GETS PULLED FROM THE CASE, WHAT ELSE DO THEY GOT ON YOUR CLIENT? >> WELL, MAINLY JUST RUMOUR AND
23:01
INNUENDO, FRANKLY, THAT'S WHAT THEIR CASE HAS ALWAYS BEEN. >> Reporter: ITALIAN INVESTIGATORS DID ASK CANADIAN
23:07
POLICE TO GET A WARRANT, BUT THIS LETTER SHOWS THAT THE CROWN THOUGHT THAT THE THRESHOLDS WERE
23:14
NOT MET. >> THE ITALIAN POLICE AND THE NEW YORK REGIONAL POLICE WERE WARNED THAT THEY NEEDED JUDICIAL
23:21
AUTHORIZATION. THEIR REACTION SUGGESTS TO ME THAT, YOU KNOW, THEY DIDN'T LIKE IT AND MAYBE THEY IGNORED THAT
23:27
ADVICE. >> Reporter: THE ELEPHANT IN THE ROOM HERE IS THAT YOUR CLIENT IS A PURPORTED MEMBER OF THE ITALIAN MOB.
23:32
WHY SHOULD CANADIAN CITIZENS EVEN WANT HIM IN THIS COUNTRY? >> FOR THE LAST 40 YEARS HE'S
23:38
NEVER BEEN CHARGED WITH ANY OFFENCE RELATED TO ORGANIZED CRIME OR ANYTHING ELSE. AND I ALSO THINK IF THIS
23:43
EVIDENCE WERE ADMITTED AGAINST MY CLIENT IT WOULD BE LIKE A BIG SIGN TO OTHER COUNTRIES THAT
23:49
THEY COULD CAUSE MISCHIEF TO PEOPLE THAT THEY DISAGREED WITH OR THAT DISAGREED WITH THEM IN
23:54
CANADA AND HAVE A FREEHAND TO DO SO. >> Reporter: DO YOU BELIEVE THAT THIS CASE IS ABOUT TO FALL
24:00
ASENATOR. >> THIS INFORMATION DOES NOT APPEAR, NOT JUST LEGALLY
24:05
OBTAINED, BUT IN VIOLATION OF THE CODE, WHICH IS VERY, VERY SERIOUS. >> Reporter: WHILE THE CBA SAID
24:10
THEY WERE UNABLE TO COMMENT, YORK REGIONAL POLICE DO TELL US THAT THEY DID NOT TAKE PART IN
24:16
ANY INTERCEPTS AND WERE NOT AWARE THAT ANY WERE TAKING PLACE. AFTER TWO WEEKS IN CANADA, THE
24:23
ALLEGED ITALIAN MAFIA HAD HOME. WHAT HAPPENS WHEN THEY LAND ON
24:29
THE OTHER SIDE? >> THE TWO GUYS THAT CAME HERE, THEY EVENTUALLY END UP GETTING
24:34
ARRESTED IN ITALY. >> Reporter: AND DEMARIA WHO THE CANADIAN GOVERNMENT IS TRYING TO
24:40
DEPORT? >> ALL OF THIS EVIDENCE COULD JUST NOW CRUMBLE, WHICH COULD MEAN THAT HE MIGHT AVOID
24:46
DEPORTATION COMPLETELY. >> Reporter: AFTER A HUGE AMOUNT OF POLICE AND OTHER RESOURCES WERE PUT INTO THIS.
24:52
>> IT COULD BE WORTH NOTHING. >> Ian: DAVID, HOW WERE POLICE
24:57
ABLE TO ELECTRONICALLY TO RECORD ALL OF THESE CONVERSATIONS? >> Reporter: WELL, IAN, THAT IS THE FASCINATING PART.
25:03
SO POLICE IN CANADA WERE FOLLOWING WITH CAMERAS AND WITH HUGE TELEPHOTO LENSES AND AS
25:12
THEY DO THAT, ITALIAN POLICE COULD HEAR ANY CONVERSATION AROUND THE PHONE. TO BE CLEAR, THIS WASN'T A
25:18
TRADITIONAL WIRETAP. INSTEAD, THEY TURNED THE DEVICE'S MICROPHONE ON PERMANENTLY, SO THAT EVERYTHING
25:24
WAS INTERCEPTED. EVEN THE FLIGHT OVER TO CANADA, THE ITALIANS HAD INSTALLED
25:31
SPECIAL EQUIPMENT ON THE PLANE WITH THE PILOT'S KNOWLEDGE AND IT RECORDED AUDIO IN THEIR SEATS AS WELL. THE CBSA HAS TOLD DEMARIA'S
25:40
LAWYER THAT THEY BELIEVE THAT THOSE CONVERSATIONS WERE ALL LEGALLY OBTAINED. AND A LITTLE SURPRISE THAT HIS
25:45
LAWYER DISAGREES AND THAT'S WHAT THEY'LL FIGHT OUT WHEN THIS HEARING GETS UNDERWAY, DECIDING WHETHER THE ALLEGED MOBSTER GETS
25:52
TOSSED FROM CANADA, IAN. >> Ian: THAT IS FASCINATING, DAVID. THANK YOU.

Re: Toronto-area Siderno Group's Vincenzo DeMaria [Re: antimafia] #1058799
05/08/23 04:46 PM
05/08/23 04:46 PM
A
antimafia Offline OP
Underboss
antimafia  Offline OP
A
Underboss
Hearing begins for alleged top Toronto mobster Canada has tried to send to Italy for 40 years
https://nationalpost.com/news/canada/vincenzo-jimmy-demaria-canada-deportation-hearing

Re: Toronto-area Siderno Group's Vincenzo DeMaria [Re: antimafia] #1058824
05/08/23 08:07 PM
05/08/23 08:07 PM
H
Hollander Offline
Hollander  Offline
H

Hearing begins for alleged top Toronto mobster Canada has tried to send to Italy for 40 years
https://nationalpost.com/news/canada/vincenzo-jimmy-demaria-canada-deportation-hearing

Thanks Jimmy seems to be the big guy, but if it's take 40 years to deport him something is wrong. The man's whole life is in Canada that he doesn't have the Canadian nationality doesn't change that.

Re: Toronto-area Siderno Group's Vincenzo DeMaria [Re: antimafia] #1058851
05/09/23 12:34 AM
05/09/23 12:34 AM
A
antimafia Offline OP
Underboss
antimafia  Offline OP
A
Underboss
^^^^
His murdering Vincenzo Figliomeni in Toronto in 1981 prevented him from ever becoming a Canadian citizen. With De Maria having immigrated to Canada in either 1954 or 1955, he had plenty of time to apply for Canadian citizenship.

His longstanding deportation matter arises from the fact he is not a Canadian citizen and from his criminality.

Re: Toronto-area Siderno Group's Vincenzo DeMaria [Re: antimafia] #1058866
05/09/23 09:54 AM
05/09/23 09:54 AM
A
antimafia Offline OP
Underboss
antimafia  Offline OP
A
Underboss
Accused GTA mobster fights deportation, denies links to ’Ndrangheta Mafia group
https://www.thestar.com/news/gta/20...ies-links-to-ndrangheta-mafia-group.html

Edit: Some of you will hit a paywall. Check back in a few hours, as I’ll have to save the article to Evernote and then share the link here.

Re: Toronto-area Siderno Group's Vincenzo DeMaria [Re: antimafia] #1058867
05/09/23 10:17 AM
05/09/23 10:17 AM
Woodlawn
V
VitoCahill Offline
Underboss
VitoCahill  Offline
V
Underboss
Woodlawn
an unending legal saga that is for sure. another long broken facet of canadian government.

a few questions though long left unanswered...or perhaps i have forgotten them.

1.does demaria lead his own separate 'ndrine?...the demaria 'ndrine?
OR
2. is demaria a member of for example the commisso 'ndrine? of course under the larger siderno group umbrella of allied 'ndrangheta families in toronto.

-it seems there is confusion about this at least on my end.

Re: Toronto-area Siderno Group's Vincenzo DeMaria [Re: antimafia] #1058873
05/09/23 01:18 PM
05/09/23 01:18 PM
H
Hollander Offline
Hollander  Offline
H

One of his 8 siblings Giuseppe De Maria, known as “Joe”, born in Canada on June 2, 1963, resident in Canada is a member of the 'Ndrangheta club (locale) in Siderno and its projection in Canada.

Re: Toronto-area Siderno Group's Vincenzo DeMaria [Re: antimafia] #1058878
05/09/23 02:19 PM
05/09/23 02:19 PM
A
antimafia Offline OP
Underboss
antimafia  Offline OP
A
Underboss
Accused GTA mobster fights deportation, denies links to ’Ndrangheta Mafia group
https://www.thestar.com/news/gta/20...ies-links-to-ndrangheta-mafia-group.html

Edit: Some of you will hit a paywall. Check back in a few hours, as I’ll have to save the article to Evernote and then share the link here.

As promised, please see my Evernote link below. These clipped articles are usually best viewed on a device larger than a smartphone, but do try the latter if necessary.

https://www.evernote.com/shard/s229...hNxhDRirfkGeeBCPKM0ZjMedHTQ_o8mXcqKeIpHQ

Edit: I reclipped the article so that it can be viewed better, as text was truncated even on my laptop. As a result, I changed the Evernote link above.

Re: Toronto-area Siderno Group's Vincenzo DeMaria [Re: antimafia] #1058904
05/09/23 05:41 PM
05/09/23 05:41 PM
A
antimafia Offline OP
Underboss
antimafia  Offline OP
A
Underboss
Accused Toronto Mafia boss says he's a victim of anti-Italian ethnic profiling
https://nationalpost.com/news/canad...ncenzo-jimmy-demaria-deportation-hearing

Re: Toronto-area Siderno Group's Vincenzo DeMaria [Re: antimafia] #1058916
05/09/23 10:57 PM
05/09/23 10:57 PM
A
antimafia Offline OP
Underboss
antimafia  Offline OP
A
Underboss
At deportation hearing, accused GTA mob boss downplays feud with Vito Rizzuto
https://www.thestar.com/news/gta/20...ss-downplays-feud-with-vito-rizzuto.html

In case you hit a paywall, below is a link to my Evernote saved item. I also intend to provide PressReader.com links for a number of these articles I've been posting links to -- the articles usually appear on that site 1 day after being originally published by their newspapers.

https://www.evernote.com/shard/s229...4JfrY9ncfc3RTXsTWm8r87XYjpgy7jVGtP84dlEg

Re: Toronto-area Siderno Group's Vincenzo DeMaria [Re: antimafia] #1058937
05/10/23 12:10 PM
05/10/23 12:10 PM
H
Hollander Offline
Hollander  Offline
H

In case you hit a paywall, below is a link to my Evernote saved item. I also intend to provide PressReader.com links for a number of these articles I've been posting links to -- the articles usually appear on that site 1 day after being originally published by their newspapers.

Rizzuto died of natural causes on Dec. 23, 2013.

Around the same time police warned that Rizzuto wanted him dead, DeMaria’s family bakery on Rogers Road in York Region was torched..

Any idea why he was on his hit list?

Re: Toronto-area Siderno Group's Vincenzo DeMaria [Re: Hollander] #1058940
05/10/23 12:29 PM
05/10/23 12:29 PM
M
mike68 Offline
Underboss
mike68  Offline
M
Underboss
Originally Posted by Hollander

Rizzuto died of natural causes on Dec. 23, 2013.

Around the same time police warned that Rizzuto wanted him dead, DeMaria’s family bakery on Rogers Road in York Region was torched..

Any idea why he was on his hit list?

Is it possible that Vito considered him responsible for lending assistance to the opposition (Calautti etc.) who were busy murdering his son, father, brother in law etc.??

Re: Toronto-area Siderno Group's Vincenzo DeMaria [Re: antimafia] #1058944
05/10/23 12:43 PM
05/10/23 12:43 PM
Woodlawn
V
VitoCahill Offline
Underboss
VitoCahill  Offline
V
Underboss
Woodlawn
demaria strikes me as a criminal who has upset many different groups along the way. the torching of his bakery could be related to internal conflict amongst 'ndrine in toronto around the same time. remember that when carmine verduci was murdered everyone was quick to attach his death to the overall war going on in mtl. this turned out to be completely false. verduci was murdered over a gambling dispute with the figliomeni 'ndrine. verducis murder and his being calabrian had nothing to do with the MTL MAFIA. calabrian on calabrian crime. could the same be said for the bombing of demarias bakery. no one yet has been able to explain either who demaria works for or if he runs his own 'ndrine. also there is no proof of demarias involvement in any facet of the numerous different wars that have occured in mtl. not one murder, attempt, shooting, arson etc. has led back to this man. a tacit vague connection is nicolas cortese but what has become of mr. cortese? to my knowledge he is still alive. salvatore calautti was murdered but for reasons unknown. calautti upset numerous people because of gambling debts and general poor behavior and would not show up anywhere as being an allie of the rizzutos. however nothing has come to light at the time of his 2013 murder or since.

i will be the first to say that my suspicions were that demaria was backing a group against rizzutos. it is easy to fall into the sicilian vs. calabrian feud pushed by the media.

Re: Toronto-area Siderno Group's Vincenzo DeMaria [Re: antimafia] #1059008
05/10/23 11:24 PM
05/10/23 11:24 PM
A
antimafia Offline OP
Underboss
antimafia  Offline OP
A
Underboss
Fighting deportation, accused GTA mob boss says he’s victim of anti-Italian ethnic profiling
https://www.thestar.com/news/gta/20...im-of-anti-italian-ethnic-profiling.html

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull