GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (RushStreet), 125 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,094
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,284
Hollander 23,353
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,485
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,214
Posts1,056,172
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 38 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 37 38
Re: Philly Mob Retrial News [Re: Wilson101] #749545
11/21/13 02:03 PM
11/21/13 02:03 PM
G
Giancarlo Offline OP
Underboss
Giancarlo  Offline OP
G
Underboss
Originally Posted By: VegasMikey
Guys I agree completely but I'm just telling you, he is going to go insane with rage if he sees this. I was so shocked when I saw them I was going to bring it to his attention (not a brag), but I honestly don't wanna deal with the backlash. To call this guy fired up is an understatement, the pics should probably be removed. I have nothing to do with this, just bringing it to someone's attention the pics of his family should be removed.

I agree with you Mikey...i was going to say something about it yesterday but didn't because people will say i did the same thing.

But it was a mistake on my part posting the ones i did and i really think it's a mistake now to post any family shots and especially the ones with any kids.

Re: Philly Mob Retrial News [Re: Giancarlo] #749552
11/21/13 02:37 PM
11/21/13 02:37 PM
T
TheChickenMan Offline
Made Member
TheChickenMan  Offline
T
Made Member
i deleted them.

Re: Philly Mob Retrial News [Re: Giancarlo] #749554
11/21/13 02:42 PM
11/21/13 02:42 PM
Cajunland
LaLouisiane Offline
Cajun Mafia
LaLouisiane  Offline
Cajun Mafia
Underboss
Cajunland
It'll be okay, I doubt they gonna put a hit out on anyone.

"What are you cacklin' hens cluckin' about?!?!"

"Is that him?!? With the sombrero on?!?"

Re: Philly Mob Retrial News [Re: Giancarlo] #749555
11/21/13 02:46 PM
11/21/13 02:46 PM
W
Wilson101 Offline
Underboss
Wilson101  Offline
W
Underboss
Haha probably not but I'd say a 40% chance of a hospital visit if your in the philly/cherry hill area and he knew who you were

Re: Philly Mob Retrial News [Re: Wilson101] #749558
11/21/13 02:53 PM
11/21/13 02:53 PM
G
Giancarlo Offline OP
Underboss
Giancarlo  Offline OP
G
Underboss
Haha probably not but I'd say a 40% chance of a hospital visit if your in the philly/cherry hill area and he knew who you were

lol! Your probably right about that. Definitely more trouble then it's worth IMHO. Who needs the headaches over a few pics.

Re: Philly Mob Retrial News [Re: Giancarlo] #749575
11/21/13 03:55 PM
11/21/13 03:55 PM
W
Wilson101 Offline
Underboss
Wilson101  Offline
W
Underboss
Right, anyway has there been any articles yet today? Might be to early

Re: Philly Mob Retrial News [Re: Giancarlo] #749616
11/21/13 06:38 PM
11/21/13 06:38 PM
J
Jose Offline
Capo
Jose  Offline
J
Capo
I know it's been mentioned before but if anyone has audio links to the trial testimony that would be great...I forget who posted it during the previous trial...

Re: Philly Mob Retrial News [Re: Jose] #749620
11/21/13 06:47 PM
11/21/13 06:47 PM
G
Giancarlo Offline OP
Underboss
Giancarlo  Offline OP
G
Underboss
Originally Posted By: Joselevens
I know it's been mentioned before but if anyone has audio links to the trial testimony that would be great...I forget who posted it during the previous trial...

JerryB posted them on the RD forum during the first trial but he doesn't post there these days so i'm not sure if he's still getting the audio files off of the PACER site or not.

Re: Philly Mob Retrial News [Re: Wilson101] #749624
11/21/13 07:10 PM
11/21/13 07:10 PM
Camden County NJ
jmack Offline
Made Member
jmack  Offline
Made Member
Camden County NJ
Mob Jury Gets A History Lesson

By George Anastasia
For Bigtrial.net

It was Mob History 101, a primer on the wantonly violent and consistently treacherous Philadelphia branch of Cosa Nostra.

Jurors in the racketeering conspiracy trial of mob boss Joseph "Uncle Joe" Ligambi got nearly four hours of the murderous and mundane today as the trial entered its third week. With mob expert and former FBI agent Joaquin "Big Jack" Garcia on the stand and Ligambi's lawyer, Edwin Jacobs Jr. conducting a lengthy and detailed cross-examination, the anonymously chosen jury took a trip down a bloody memory lane.

Some highlights (or lowlights depending on your point of view):

-- Angelo's Bruno was shotgunned to death in March 1980, a hit that destabilized the once smoothly run organization. Bruno's consigliere, Antonio "Tony Bananas" Caponigro, was behind the murder of the so-called Docile Don and thought he had the approval of the New York-based Mafia Commission. He didn't. On that, Garcia and Jacobs agreed.

Caponigro was killed a short later.

"He thought he was going to be knighted as head of the family," Garcia said. "Instead he was tortured and killed and money was left in every orifice of his body."

-- South Philadelphia steak shop owner and one-time high level bookmaker Danny D'Ambrosio should have been killed, under strict mob rules, for plotting with North Jersey mobster Peter "Pete the Crumb" Caprio (who later became a government witness) to murder Ligambi, his current co-defendant and nephew George Borgesi and then crime family consigliere Steven Manzone in the late 1990s. Caprio had the approval of three of the New York crime families, who supported what was to be his takeover of the Philadelphia organization. (The plot was never carried out because Caprio was arrested.)

And today D'Ambrosio operates his steak shop about two blocks from Ligambi's Packer Park townhouse.

Garcia conceded that under typical mob protocol, D'Ambrosio should be dead.

"He must have gotten a pass," said the burly former FBI agent.

-- The attempted murder of Nicodemo Scarfo Jr. in Dante&Lugi's Restaurant on Halloween night 1989 was, after the Bruno murder, the "most notorious hit in the history" of the Philadelphia crimne family, Jaocbs said.

"It's right up there," Garcia conceded, adding that Joey Merlino was the shooter that night.

On that Jacobs and Garcia

Read more at http://www.bigtrial.net/2013/11/mob-jury-gets-history-lesson.html#wLZ3rwLSLAdDDX2L.99

Re: Philly Mob Retrial News [Re: jmack] #749701
11/22/13 08:38 AM
11/22/13 08:38 AM
Bronx
Vito_Scaletta Offline
Button
Vito_Scaletta  Offline
Button
Bronx
Originally Posted By: jmack

By George Anastasia
For Bigtrial.net

It was Mob History 101, a primer on the wantonly violent and consistently treacherous Philadelphia branch of Cosa Nostra.

Jurors in the racketeering conspiracy trial of mob boss Joseph "Uncle Joe" Ligambi got nearly four hours of the murderous and mundane today as the trial entered its third week. With mob expert and former FBI agent Joaquin "Big Jack" Garcia on the stand and Ligambi's lawyer, Edwin Jacobs Jr. conducting a lengthy and detailed cross-examination, the anonymously chosen jury took a trip down a bloody memory lane.

-- Angelo's Bruno was shotgunned to death in March 1980, a hit that destabilized the once smoothly run organization. Bruno's consigliere, Antonio "Tony Bananas" Caponigro, was behind the murder of the so-called Docile Don and thought he had the approval of the New York-based Mafia Commission. He didn't. On that, Garcia and Jacobs agreed.

"He thought he was going to be knighted as head of the family," Garcia said. "Instead he was tortured and killed and money was left in every orifice of his body."

-- South Philadelphia steak shop owner and one-time high level bookmaker Danny D'Ambrosio should have been killed, under strict mob rules, for plotting with North Jersey mobster Peter "Pete the Crumb" Caprio (who later became a government witness) to murder Ligambi, his current co-defendant and nephew George Borgesi and then crime family consigliere Steven Manzone in the late 1990s. Caprio had the approval of three of the New York crime families, who supported what was to be his takeover of the Philadelphia organization. (The plot was never carried out because Caprio was arrested.)

And today D'Ambrosio operates his steak shop about two blocks from Ligambi's Packer Park townhouse.

"He must have gotten a pass," said the burly former FBI agent.

-- The attempted murder of Nicodemo Scarfo Jr. in Dante&Lugi's Restaurant on Halloween night 1989 was, after the Bruno murder, the "most notorious hit in the history" of the Philadelphia crimne family, Jaocbs said.

"It's right up there," Garcia conceded, adding that Joey Merlino was the shooter that night.

On that Jacobs and Garcia

Read more at http://www.bigtrial.net/2013/11/mob-jury-gets-history-lesson.html#wLZ3rwLSLAdDDX2L.99

jmack, if you gonna post, post the whole damn article

V.Scaletta
Re: Philly Mob Retrial News [Re: Giancarlo] #749702
11/22/13 08:40 AM
11/22/13 08:40 AM
Bronx
Vito_Scaletta Offline
Button
Vito_Scaletta  Offline
Button
Bronx
THURSDAY, NOVEMBER 21, 2013

Jurors in the racketeering conspiracy trial of mob boss Joseph "Uncle Joe" Ligambi got nearly four hours of the murderous and mundane today as the trial entered its third week. With mob expert and former FBI agent Joaquin "Big Jack" Garcia on the stand and Ligambi's lawyer, Edwin Jacobs Jr., conducting a lengthy and detailed cross-examination, the anonymously chosen jury took a trip down a bloody memory lane.

-- Mob boss Angelo Bruno was shotgunned to death in March 1980, a hit that destabilized the once smoothly run organization. Bruno's consigliere, Antonio "Tony Bananas" Caponigro, was behind the murder of the so-called Docile Don and thought he had the approval of the New York-based Mafia Commission. He didn't. On that, Garcia and Jacobs agreed.

But today D'Ambrosio operates his steak shop about two blocks from Ligambi's Packer Park townhouse.

"He must have gotten a pass," said the burly former FBI agent. "I don't have inside information as to why (he) has a pass, but he does."

-- The attempted murder of Nicodemo Scarfo Jr. in Dante & Luigi's Restaurant on Halloween night 1989 was, after the Bruno murder, the "most notorious hit in the history" of the Philadelphia crime family, Jaocbs said.

On that Jacobs and Garcia clashed. Garcia said he was repeating what other mobsters had said in tapped conversations. Jacobs said the Florida-based Merlino has never been charged with that crime. Jacobs has represented Merlino in the past and has won acquittals on murder charges in both a racketeering trial and a murder trial.

Garcia also said he believes Merlino, 50, continues to run the Philadelphia family from Florida and that even when Ralph Natale was the titular head of the organization in the mid 1990s, Merlino was in fact the boss.

Natale, Garcia said, was a "straw boss," a boss in name only. "Merlino ran the streets...still does, even as we speak. That's my opinion," Garcia said.

Jacobs and Garcia debated dozens of other issues during the cross-examination with the defense attorney demonstrating detailed recall of events, cases and testimony stretching back more than 20 years. Jacobs is considered one of the top criminal defense attorneys in the Philadelphia - South Jersey area and has represented several major mob figures over the years.

Garcia, who retired after 26 years in the FBI, also had a stellar career working undercover and infiltrating organized crime and drug dealing networks. The two argued about mob protocol, agreed that there is a difference between a racketeer and a gangster (a gangster is more vicious and violent) and disagreed over what has emerged as one of the central issues in the case.

Jacobs has referred repeatedly to a meeting at a North Jersey restaurant in May 2010 as a "social"

gathering, a description that also is used in at least one FBI report. Ligambi was one of 10 mobsters who had lunch at LaGriglia, a posh restaurant in Kenilworth, that May afternoon.

The government contends that the session was a meeting of the leaders of the Philadelphia mob and the Gambino crime family and has used conversations secretly recorded by a cooperating witness to build the conspiracy charge against Ligambi.

Jacobs has pointed out that none of the tapes include discussions about crimes being planned or scores being settled. Garcia conceded as much, but he said the meeting in and of itself -- given the attendees -- was a "RICO conspiracy."

"It was a very important meeting," Garcia said. It was, he added, two organized crime families engaged in "relationship building."

The jury has heard snippets of nearly two dozen conversations from meetings at LaGriglia and The American Bistro, a pub in Belleville.

On one tape, Ligambi brings up the D'Ambrosio issue in a joking way. He told those sharing lunch that D'Ambrosio's father "comes over my house about three or four years ago. Said the FBI said you was gonna kill my son. He was telling me this on the step. I said, `What the fuck you talkin' about? Don't ever come around this house again. I don't know what you're talking about.' I mean, that's the kind of nuts you're dealing with. You know what I mean?"

Ligambi's comment underscored a point that was one of the underlying themes in Jacobs' cross-examination.

As he did in Ligambi's first trial, which ended with a hung jury on the conspiracy count, Jacobs appears to be trying to draw a distinction between Ligambi and the mob bosses in Philadelphia who came before him.

At one point he ticked off 15 murders and attempted murders that were part of the racketeering case against Nicodemo "Little Nicky" Scarfo in 1988 and nine murders and attempted murders that were part of the 1995 case against John Stanfa.

"In this indictment," he asked Garcia, "there isn't a murder or an attempted murder, is there? Or a gun or a knife or a slap in the face?"

The defense has argued that the prosecution, desperate to make a case after a 12-year investigation turned up precious little, hung a racketeering conspiracy charge around what amounts to second rate gambling activity.

Garcia, responding with what has been the prosecution's theme, said that violence wasn't necessary during Ligambi's reign because the crime family's reputation -- built by Scarfo and Stanfa -- was already well established.

While the lawyer and the witness disagreed on several major issues, there was consensus when they discussed food. Jacobs said that mobsters often meet for breakfast, lunch, dinner and "late night snacks" and asked Garcia if, during the two and one-half years he worked undercover as an associate of Gambino crime family capo Greg DePalma, that was the normal routine.

Garcia said it was.

"In fact," Jacobs said, "you gained 90 pounds in those two and one-half years."

"Yes, I did," the 300-pound ex-agent said with a smile, adding that he has been unable to shed the weight.

Later, when a discussion turned to antipasto, Jacobs and Garcia again shared a laugh. Earlier in his testimony Garcia, who was born in Cuba, said he had to study Siclian food and culture when he posed as a Jack Falcone, a supposed Sicilian, to get close to DePalma.

"You know something about antipasto, then? " Jacobs asked.

"I've had my share of antipasto," Garcia responded.

"You've had everybody's share," said Jacobs.

Read more at http://www.bigtrial.net/2013/11/mob-jury-gets-history-lesson.html#RgY8EDOg7vGuCfbH.99

V.Scaletta
Re: Philly Mob Retrial News [Re: Giancarlo] #749710
11/22/13 10:25 AM
11/22/13 10:25 AM
Baltimore
HandsomeStevie Offline
Underboss
HandsomeStevie  Offline
Underboss
Baltimore
This trial isn't as exciting as the first one so far. I feel like it could get real interesting really soon. The charges are bullshit anyway, sucks the prosecutors and judge are going to do whatever possible to try and nail them.

Death Before Dishonor
Re: Philly Mob Retrial News [Re: Giancarlo] #749711
11/22/13 10:31 AM
11/22/13 10:31 AM
J
Jose Offline
Capo
Jose  Offline
J
Capo
The charges are so weak without any violence - if I was a juror I would feel awful being part of sending people away on these trumped up charges ecsp these two who have either done their time or getting older ..

Re: Philly Mob Retrial News [Re: Vito_Scaletta] #749722
11/22/13 11:28 AM
11/22/13 11:28 AM
Camden County NJ
jmack Offline
Made Member
jmack  Offline
Made Member
Camden County NJ
Originally Posted By: Vito_Scaletta
THURSDAY, NOVEMBER 21, 2013

Jurors in the racketeering conspiracy trial of mob boss Joseph "Uncle Joe" Ligambi got nearly four hours of the murderous and mundane today as the trial entered its third week. With mob expert and former FBI agent Joaquin "Big Jack" Garcia on the stand and Ligambi's lawyer, Edwin Jacobs Jr., conducting a lengthy and detailed cross-examination, the anonymously chosen jury took a trip down a bloody memory lane.

-- Mob boss Angelo Bruno was shotgunned to death in March 1980, a hit that destabilized the once smoothly run organization. Bruno's consigliere, Antonio "Tony Bananas" Caponigro, was behind the murder of the so-called Docile Don and thought he had the approval of the New York-based Mafia Commission. He didn't. On that, Garcia and Jacobs agreed.

But today D'Ambrosio operates his steak shop about two blocks from Ligambi's Packer Park townhouse.

"He must have gotten a pass," said the burly former FBI agent. "I don't have inside information as to why (he) has a pass, but he does."

-- The attempted murder of Nicodemo Scarfo Jr. in Dante & Luigi's Restaurant on Halloween night 1989 was, after the Bruno murder, the "most notorious hit in the history" of the Philadelphia crime family, Jaocbs said.

On that Jacobs and Garcia clashed. Garcia said he was repeating what other mobsters had said in tapped conversations. Jacobs said the Florida-based Merlino has never been charged with that crime. Jacobs has represented Merlino in the past and has won acquittals on murder charges in both a racketeering trial and a murder trial.

Garcia also said he believes Merlino, 50, continues to run the Philadelphia family from Florida and that even when Ralph Natale was the titular head of the organization in the mid 1990s, Merlino was in fact the boss.

Natale, Garcia said, was a "straw boss," a boss in name only. "Merlino ran the streets...still does, even as we speak. That's my opinion," Garcia said.

Jacobs and Garcia debated dozens of other issues during the cross-examination with the defense attorney demonstrating detailed recall of events, cases and testimony stretching back more than 20 years. Jacobs is considered one of the top criminal defense attorneys in the Philadelphia - South Jersey area and has represented several major mob figures over the years.

Garcia, who retired after 26 years in the FBI, also had a stellar career working undercover and infiltrating organized crime and drug dealing networks. The two argued about mob protocol, agreed that there is a difference between a racketeer and a gangster (a gangster is more vicious and violent) and disagreed over what has emerged as one of the central issues in the case.

Jacobs has referred repeatedly to a meeting at a North Jersey restaurant in May 2010 as a "social"

gathering, a description that also is used in at least one FBI report. Ligambi was one of 10 mobsters who had lunch at LaGriglia, a posh restaurant in Kenilworth, that May afternoon.

The government contends that the session was a meeting of the leaders of the Philadelphia mob and the Gambino crime family and has used conversations secretly recorded by a cooperating witness to build the conspiracy charge against Ligambi.

Jacobs has pointed out that none of the tapes include discussions about crimes being planned or scores being settled. Garcia conceded as much, but he said the meeting in and of itself -- given the attendees -- was a "RICO conspiracy."

"It was a very important meeting," Garcia said. It was, he added, two organized crime families engaged in "relationship building."

The jury has heard snippets of nearly two dozen conversations from meetings at LaGriglia and The American Bistro, a pub in Belleville.

On one tape, Ligambi brings up the D'Ambrosio issue in a joking way. He told those sharing lunch that D'Ambrosio's father "comes over my house about three or four years ago. Said the FBI said you was gonna kill my son. He was telling me this on the step. I said, `What the fuck you talkin' about? Don't ever come around this house again. I don't know what you're talking about.' I mean, that's the kind of nuts you're dealing with. You know what I mean?"

Ligambi's comment underscored a point that was one of the underlying themes in Jacobs' cross-examination.

As he did in Ligambi's first trial, which ended with a hung jury on the conspiracy count, Jacobs appears to be trying to draw a distinction between Ligambi and the mob bosses in Philadelphia who came before him.

At one point he ticked off 15 murders and attempted murders that were part of the racketeering case against Nicodemo "Little Nicky" Scarfo in 1988 and nine murders and attempted murders that were part of the 1995 case against John Stanfa.

"In this indictment," he asked Garcia, "there isn't a murder or an attempted murder, is there? Or a gun or a knife or a slap in the face?"

The defense has argued that the prosecution, desperate to make a case after a 12-year investigation turned up precious little, hung a racketeering conspiracy charge around what amounts to second rate gambling activity.

Garcia, responding with what has been the prosecution's theme, said that violence wasn't necessary during Ligambi's reign because the crime family's reputation -- built by Scarfo and Stanfa -- was already well established.

While the lawyer and the witness disagreed on several major issues, there was consensus when they discussed food. Jacobs said that mobsters often meet for breakfast, lunch, dinner and "late night snacks" and asked Garcia if, during the two and one-half years he worked undercover as an associate of Gambino crime family capo Greg DePalma, that was the normal routine.

Garcia said it was.

"In fact," Jacobs said, "you gained 90 pounds in those two and one-half years."

"Yes, I did," the 300-pound ex-agent said with a smile, adding that he has been unable to shed the weight.

Later, when a discussion turned to antipasto, Jacobs and Garcia again shared a laugh. Earlier in his testimony Garcia, who was born in Cuba, said he had to study Siclian food and culture when he posed as a Jack Falcone, a supposed Sicilian, to get close to DePalma.

"You know something about antipasto, then? " Jacobs asked.

"I've had my share of antipasto," Garcia responded.

"You've had everybody's share," said Jacobs.

Read more at http://www.bigtrial.net/2013/11/mob-jury-gets-history-lesson.html#RgY8EDOg7vGuCfbH.99

That was the whole article at the time I posted it. That's exactly what was on the site. Somebody asked for it so I posted it, don't break my balls.

Re: Philly Mob Retrial News [Re: jmack] #749736
11/22/13 01:03 PM
11/22/13 01:03 PM
G
Giancarlo Offline OP
Underboss
Giancarlo  Offline OP
G
Underboss
Originally Posted By: jmack
That was the whole article at the time I posted it. That's exactly what was on the site. Somebody asked for it so I posted it, don't break my balls.

Yeah...whoever posted it for Anastasia on his Big Trial Site only posted part of it originally. About a half hour later they put up the rest of the article. I was going to post the rest but JMack gave the link which said to read more go to the url. Probably an intern over there....no big deal.

Re: Philly Mob Retrial News [Re: Giancarlo] #749750
11/22/13 02:44 PM
11/22/13 02:44 PM
22 Offline
Underboss
22  Offline
Underboss
I see where these boards have been getting ''testy'' lately.I don't see what the big deal was about posting pictures on here.I mean if we say the wrong thing will there be a knock at the door.We live in a day and age where everybody is watching.the way Vegas Mikey was describing Stevie Mazzone I was like he's got to have more on his mind than that.When I look at someone's picture I go ''oh ok and move on''I have never ever in my life looked at someone else's girlfriend or wife and started with the wow she's this or she's that.Mazzone seems like an all-right guy.Sometimes after reading or hearing about somebody so long you almost want to match up a picture,your just curious.But then you look at the picture and move on,that's the way I see it.I hope it doesn't get to the point where your afraid to express your opinion for fear of backlash.

Re: Philly Mob Retrial News [Re: Giancarlo] #749751
11/22/13 02:56 PM
11/22/13 02:56 PM
G
Giancarlo Offline OP
Underboss
Giancarlo  Offline OP
G
Underboss
Just my opinion...but to me the guys are fair game, but the family shots make me cringe a little especially the ones with their young kids. I don't know...you guys do what you want.

To me Natalie seemed genuinely upset and i honestly felt bad about posting her pic. It was a mistake on my part, i shouldn't have posted it.

Re: Philly Mob Retrial News [Re: Giancarlo] #749770
11/22/13 03:49 PM
11/22/13 03:49 PM
22 Offline
Underboss
22  Offline
Underboss
Of course its not neccesary to see the kids,everybody got carried away on that one.There's that one picture or video whatever you want to call it on Mob Talk that shows Mazzone and either his wife or GF walking to the courthouse.No big deal.That's the way it is today.With the stars its paparazzi,if you get crazy everytime you'll end up like Alec Baldwin.

Re: Philly Mob Retrial News [Re: Giancarlo] #749775
11/22/13 03:58 PM
11/22/13 03:58 PM
G
Giancarlo Offline OP
Underboss
Giancarlo  Offline OP
G
Underboss
Well sure...Mazzone and his GF or wife were coming out of the courthouse in that video. Thats totally fair game in my view. It's the personal family pics that i think people should think twice about posting.

Like the one with Natalie at her brothers trial with Ligambi and Staino....that one was ok to post but it's the personal stuff on FB or other sites that i think we should try to stay away from posting.

Just my opinion though...like i said you guys do what you want.

Re: Philly Mob Retrial News [Re: Giancarlo] #749803
11/22/13 06:27 PM
11/22/13 06:27 PM
Bronx
Vito_Scaletta Offline
Button
Vito_Scaletta  Offline
Button
Bronx
I apologize, I keep forgetting Bigtrial.net is always full of errors Lol. Btw, are people besides family members and journalists allowed in the trial?

V.Scaletta
Re: Philly Mob Retrial News [Re: Giancarlo] #749813
11/22/13 06:53 PM
11/22/13 06:53 PM
J
Jose Offline
Capo
Jose  Offline
J
Capo
Yes they are - you just need to wait in line if needed - they ha some legal students going earlier

Re: Philly Mob Retrial News [Re: Giancarlo] #749822
11/22/13 07:42 PM
11/22/13 07:42 PM
New Jersey
Dellacroce Offline
Underboss
Dellacroce  Offline
Underboss
New Jersey
Bent Finger Lou Back On The Stand
By George Anastasia
For Bigtrial.net

Now it's personal.

When Louis "Bent Finger Lou" Monacello took the witness stand this afternoon in the racketeering conspiracy trial of mob boss Joseph "Uncle Joe" Ligambi and his nephew, George Borgesi, the tone of the three-week-old trial shifted.

This was no longer an expert gambling witness or a beleaguered bar owner with a poker machine or an FBI agent interpreting secretly recorded conversations. This was Borgesi's one-time friend and, if the government is to believed, his chief partner in crime.

Monacello and Borgesi go back 30 years. They know a lot about one another. And much of it will get laid out for the jury. As he did at the first trial, Monacello, 47, began to paint a verbal portrait of his underworld involvement with both defendants.

It is not a pretty picture.

He identified Ligambi, 74, as the kingpin of the local crime family.

"Joe Ligambi told me on several occasions, "'I'm the boss,'" Monacello said, affecting a belligerent tone as he repeated the phrase. "`I'm the boss.'"

But it was his description of Borgesi, 50, that offered the most detailed and the most troubling personal insights.

Borgesi, he said, bragged about being a "gangster" and claimed to have been involved in 11 murders. "I'm a professional," he said Borgesi told him.

Describing himself as an enforcer for the mob capo, he told the jury how he had assaulted a contractor who ran afoul of the organization; how he used a baseball bat to split on the head of a member of the 10th and Oregon gang and how he took a group of 12 to 15 men to a bar in Delaware County to intimidate two bookmakers who were scheduled to testify in a 2001 mob trial.

All of that, he said, was carried out on Borgesi's orders.

Dressed in a gray, pinstriped suit, white shirt and tie, Monacello was focused, but decidedly less arrogant as he retold the same stories he had provided in the first trial that ended earlier this year with a hung jury on the conspiracy charge that Ligambi and Borgesi are again fighting.

He said he met Borgesi when Borgesi was 17 and he was 14. He said he became a member of his mob crew about 10 years later and handled bookmaking, loansharking and extortion. He also said he and Borgesi would steal cars together in collaboration with an auto body shop operator who used to make copies of customers' car keys and give them to Borgesi.

Being part of organized crime, Monacello told the jury, was "a license to steal."

"You could stick your hand in anybody's pocket," he said Borgesi told him.

He called Borgesi a "maniac" and a killer who others referred to as "The Fireman."

"Wherever he went, he started fires," Monacello explained. "He caused trouble."

Authorities allege that after Borgesi was jailed on racketeering charges in 2000, Monacello ran his gambling and loansharking operation. Borgesi was convicted in 2001 in that unrelated racketeering case land sentencted to 14 years in prison. The conspiracy charge in the current case is built largely around the allegation that, from prison, Borgesi was continued to operate in the underworld.

Monacello, authorities allege, was Borgesi's street-level operative.

The defense, as it did in the first trial, is expected to argue that Monacello used Borgesi' name and reputation to enhance his own money-making underworld schemes and that Borgesi was unaware of what was going on.

The jury in the first trial acquitted Borgesi of 13 counts of gambling and loansharking that were based primarily on Monacello's testimony. But it hung on a final conspiracy charge, resulting in the retrial that began earlier this month.

Whether Monacello's story plays differently with the current jury could determine Borgesi's fate. Unlike Ligambi, who faces charges built around testimony and secretly recorded conversations, Borgesi's case revolves around Monacello and another government informant, Anthony Aponick, who is expected to testify within the next two weeks.

Monacello spent about two hours on the witness stand and is due back when the trial resumes Monday.

Borgesi, he said, used violence, fear and intimidation to get his way in the underworld and with his associates. "If he found out you were lying to him and making money behind his back, he would beat you up or kill ya." Monacello said. "He was known as a gangster and a very dangerous person."

Prosecutors reinforced that point by questioning Monacello at length about instances when Borgesi assaulted Angelo Lutz, another crime family associate. As he had in the first trial, Monacello described one incident in which, he said, Borgesi split Lutz' head open with the metal rod from an artificial Christmas tree while threatening to kill Lutz in a dispute over money.

Lutz, Monacello said, had forged a check and stolen $4,000 from a company Lutz and Borgesi ran at the time.

Monacello cited three other instances when, he said, Borgesi assaulted the then 5-foot-4, 400-pound mob associate, including one incident where, Monacello said, Borgesi bit Lutz in the forehead and spit his skin out on the sidewalk.

The prosecutor is expected to play a now infamous tape -- played at the racketeering trial in 2001 and again at the first trial in this case -- is which Borgesi is heard on a wiretapped phone laughing and cackling about how he had pummeled Lutz, knocking him out. That incident was separate from the ones described by Monacello today.

In an even more personal note, Moncello talked at length about how he was first ordered by Borgesi to funnel money to Borgesi's wife, Dina, after Borgesi was jailed in 2000. About 18 months later, he said, Borgesi from prison told him the money should go to his then girlfriend Alyson.

"She was his commare," Monacello said. "His girlfriend on the side."

Borgesi divorced his first wife in 2004, Monacello said. And, from prison, married Alyson who has been in the courtroom every day during the trial.

Borgesi showed little reaction to Monacello, but occasionally commented to his lawyer, Christoper Warren seated next to him at the defense table. The defense is expected to attack Monacello in detail when cross-examination begins.

Borgesi, in comments, emails and messages to friends, has been referring to Monacello as "Rat Finger Lou" and "Fuck Finger Lou."

But if this jury buys the story that Monacello is selling, it will be Borgesi who gets the finger.

George Anastasia can be contacted at George@bigtrial.net.

"Let me tell you something. There's no nobility in poverty. I've been a poor man, and I've been a rich man. And I choose rich every fucking time."

-Jordan Belfort
Re: Philly Mob Retrial News [Re: Jose] #749836
11/22/13 09:06 PM
11/22/13 09:06 PM
Bronx
Vito_Scaletta Offline
Button
Vito_Scaletta  Offline
Button
Bronx
Originally Posted By: Jose
Yes they are - you just need to wait in line if needed - they ha some legal students going earlier

thanks man. next time I have a day off from school I will try to make it.

V.Scaletta
Re: Philly Mob Retrial News [Re: NightOwl] #749845
11/22/13 09:16 PM
11/22/13 09:16 PM
New Jersey
Dellacroce Offline
Underboss
Dellacroce  Offline
Underboss
New Jersey
Originally Posted By: NightOwl
Uncle Joe and George Borgeri were acquitted today after new counsel A. Saul Cohen Dropped his pants and sucked the judges dick!!!
Originally Posted By: NightOwl
Originally Posted By: Giancarlo
Guys I agree completely but I'm just telling you, he is going to go insane with rage if he sees this. I was so shocked when I saw them I was going to bring it to his attention (not a brag), but I honestly don't wanna deal with the backlash. To call this guy fired up is an understatement, the pics should probably be removed. I have nothing to do with this, just bringing it to someone's attention the pics of his family should be removed.

I agree with you Mikey...i was going to say something about it yesterday but didn't because people will say i did the same thing.

But it was a mistake on my part posting the ones i did and i really think it's a mistake now to post any family shots and especially the ones with any kids.

GIANCARLO/KEVLAR YOUR A FUCKING COWARD PIECE OF SHIT YOU FUCKING FAT PIG HOW MANY BAGS OF CHIPS YOU EAT TODAY WHEN LOOKING UP PEOPLES PHONE RECORDS AND JERKING OFF YOUR LITTLE 2" DICK

The return of Dicknose!!...again lol

Re: Philly Mob Retrial News [Re: 22] #749925
11/23/13 11:18 AM
11/23/13 11:18 AM
W
Wilson101 Offline
Underboss
Wilson101  Offline
W
Underboss
Originally Posted By: 22
I see where these boards have been getting ''testy'' lately.I don't see what the big deal was about posting pictures on here.I mean if we say the wrong thing will there be a knock at the door.We live in a day and age where everybody is watching.the way Vegas Mikey was describing Stevie Mazzone I was like he's got to have more on his mind than that.When I look at someone's picture I go ''oh ok and move on''I have never ever in my life looked at someone else's girlfriend or wife and started with the wow she's this or she's that.Mazzone seems like an all-right guy.Sometimes after reading or hearing about somebody so long you almost want to match up a picture,your just curious.But then you look at the picture and move on,that's the way I see it.I hope it doesn't get to the point where your afraid to express your opinion for fear of backlash.

I understand completely and I agree with most of your attitudes that the pics are public info or whatever. That being said I know a lot of people close to these guys and a woman who has had some romantic involvement with certain people who I can't name because I would be exposing myself. Steve is a great guy honestly not the animal most people would assume he is, that being said he is also a major hot head maniac who would completely lose his shit if he knew some mafia watchers were looking at pictures of his young daughter in a bikini on the internet. I mean I'm not trying to be dramatic here but I do live in close proximity to these people and they are definitely dangerous and would not hesitate to throw someone a serious beating for something involving their family. I mean is that so hard to understand? I didn't post the pics and I don't care, I'm just saying maybe having pics stolen from Facebook with someone's minor age children showcased on a message board is not the best idea. I'm done tho like I said I didn't post them not my problem my involvement ends here.

Re: Philly Mob Retrial News [Re: Giancarlo] #749936
11/23/13 12:45 PM
11/23/13 12:45 PM
22 Offline
Underboss
22  Offline
Underboss
I hear you Vegas Mikey,like I said before kids are off limits,I agree totally no matter whose kid it is.I'm glad I'm internet illerate because I don't even know how to post articles further yet pictures.These guys are no different than anybody else when it comes to protecting their family,most anybody would give somebody a serious beating for that not just these guys.

Re: Philly Mob Retrial News [Re: Giancarlo] #749952
11/23/13 02:22 PM
11/23/13 02:22 PM
L
littlemango Offline
Button
littlemango  Offline
L
Button
that garcia agent always struck me as an obnoxious dude

Re: Philly Mob Retrial News [Re: Giancarlo] #749954
11/23/13 02:27 PM
11/23/13 02:27 PM
L
littlemango Offline
Button
littlemango  Offline
L
Button
this part just kills me
"Jacobs has pointed out that none of the tapes include discussions about crimes being planned or scores being settled. Garcia conceded as much, but he said the meeting in and of itself -- given the attendees -- was a "RICO conspiracy."

they'll arrest anybody for anything, won't they.

Re: Philly Mob Retrial News [Re: Giancarlo] #749957
11/23/13 03:15 PM
11/23/13 03:15 PM
Bronx
Vito_Scaletta Offline
Button
Vito_Scaletta  Offline
Button
Bronx
Ex-mobster talks of blood, gore

TESTIMONY in the federal racketeering retrial of reputed Philadelphia mob boss Joseph "Uncle Joe" Ligambi and his nephew George Borgesi, an alleged mob captain, had been somewhat dry until yesterday afternoon.

But that's when star witness Louis "Bent Finger Lou" Monacello, a former associate of Philadelphia's mob family, regaled jurors with past tales of blood and gore.

There was the time in the mid-1990s when Borgesi's brother, Anthony, was having a bachelor party at a South Philly restaurant. Another mob associate, Angelo Lutz, took care of the room setup, but with 20 to 30 guys, it was crowded, Monacello said.

Because of that, George Borgesi "bites a chunk of skin out of his [Lutz's] forehead and makes Angelo pick up the check," Monacello told jurors.

Another time, Borgesi brought Lutz to Monacello's home and in the basement, Borgesi "throws Angelo up against the wall" and yells, "Tell me about the checks you forged!" Monacello recalled. Borgesi then swiped a rod from a fake Christmas tree and "splits Angelo's head open," seriously wounding him.
Ligambi, 74, and Borgesi, 50, aren't facing any counts of homicide or assault. The indictment against them focuses on sports betting, loan-sharking, extortion and the operation of video-poker machines. The main charge they face is RICO (racketeering) conspiracy. The feds are looking to prove that Ligambi and Borgesi conspired with others to commit crimes.

Monacello, 47, a South Philly guy, befriended Borgesi when the two were teens. He eventually got into sports betting and became an associate of Borgesi's crew. They were close friends for 30 years until their arrest in 2011 under the current indictment, and Monacello then became a cooperating government witness.

Monacello said Borgesi had been promoted to captain, and Ligambi "told me on several occasions, 'I'm the boss of the mob.' "

Under questioning by Assistant U.S. Attorney John Han, Monacello focused mostly on Borgesi - how he used violence or the threat of violence to collect money or to get revenge on a rival.

"He was a feared guy," Monacello said of Borgesi.

Once, in the late 1990s, the two were riding in a car in South Philly and talking about someone who was recently killed when Borgesi turned the radio volume up high, flashed his hands twice and boasted: "Eleven murders. Me. I did it. I'm responsible. I'm a professional," Monacello said.

(Borgesi has never been convicted of murder.)

Monacello also admitted to participating in violence himself, saying it was under Borgesi's orders. Around 1998, Borgesi wanted revenge on a man who had gotten the better of him during a fight.

Monacello said he and others waited outside the man's South Philly house and surprised him when he was walking his dog. Wearing a ski mask and wielding a baseball bat, Monacello said he "swung all my might and split [the man's] head," injuring him.

Asked about his nickname, Monacello showed jurors his right hand with its bent index finger. The result of "a fight," he said.

Monacello resumes his testimony Monday.

Read more at http://www.philly.com/philly/news/20131124_Ex-mobster_talks_of_blood__gore.html#DloMIp3Rldt6iokZ.99

V.Scaletta
Re: Philly Mob Retrial News [Re: Giancarlo] #749958
11/23/13 03:23 PM
11/23/13 03:23 PM
L
littlemango Offline
Button
littlemango  Offline
L
Button
why are they not charged in the indictment with these assaults? If not, why are these allegations being allow into evidence through testimony? Seems prejudicial

Page 5 of 38 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 37 38

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull