GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
3 registered members (NickleCity, mustachepete, Captbony1999), 128 guests, and 2 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,095
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,284
Hollander 23,360
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,487
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,218
Posts1,056,202
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
The daily life of a made guy #745822
10/26/13 12:07 PM
10/26/13 12:07 PM
T
TottiNotGotti Offline OP
Wiseguy
TottiNotGotti  Offline OP
T
Wiseguy
New member here. Been reading as a guest for a long time and decided to post.

There have been some really great posts by guys like IvyLeague and Turnbull which inspired me to ask this question, as they give an insight into the life these guys lead.

So, what does the daily routine of a mobster look like?

Do they report to someone daily? Do they have an office or is it all social clubs? Do they write anything down, have files, etc? How do they deal with their cash?

Basically, from when these guys wake up to when they go to bed...how do they full their day?

Particularly interested in how you imagine a guy like Liborio Bellomo lives his life.

Thanks for any replies.

Re: The daily life of a made guy [Re: TottiNotGotti] #745837
10/26/13 01:46 PM
10/26/13 01:46 PM
Massachusetts, USA
123JoeSchmo Offline
Underboss
123JoeSchmo  Offline
Underboss
Massachusetts, USA
Listen guy, welcome to the boards but we've had 10 million threads like this already. Use the search function next time because this is nothing more than a fanboy topic

"Don't ever go against the family again. Ever"- Michael Corleone
Re: The daily life of a made guy [Re: TottiNotGotti] #745838
10/26/13 01:52 PM
10/26/13 01:52 PM
T
TheIsland Offline
Made Member
TheIsland  Offline
T
Made Member
Welcome to the boards. I was going to tell you about their daily life but joe will have the honor of welcoming every poster like he does "USE THE SEARCH FUNCTION!!! USE THE SEARCH FUNCTION..SEARCH FUNCTION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CONJUNCTION CONJUNCTION WHAT'S YOUR FUNCTION ..SEARCH FUNCTION !!!!!

Joe your not a mod(s) here let the consig tell new members how things work around here. Or the boards owner, whudda you got a piece of the board now Joe you extorting JGeoff again? You know he's on the record right? I wouldn't mess with the kid he's got his stripes...red&white

Re: The daily life of a made guy [Re: 123JoeSchmo] #745842
10/26/13 02:24 PM
10/26/13 02:24 PM
T
TottiNotGotti Offline OP
Wiseguy
T
Wiseguy
Originally Posted By: 123JoeSchmo
Listen guy, welcome to the boards but we've had 10 million threads like this already. Use the search function next time because this is nothing more than a fanboy topic

Not a fanboy in the least, so you're barking up the wrong tree there chief. I'm only too aware of the calibre of these guys and have absolutely no illusions about what they do to make a living. I wouldn't call myself a fanboy at all. The only reason I'm interested in the American Mafia is because I studied Sicilian organised crime at university and I started to delve into it through that.

As for searching I've read through numerous previous threads that I've found that don't really say anything of interest on this topic - so naturally I posted the questions I couldn't find an answer to. Maybe you can point me in the direction of the ones you are on about?

And if you want to throw your weight around pick some other chump rather than laying down the law to me like you run the fuckin place!

Last edited by TottiNotGotti; 10/26/13 02:34 PM.
Re: The daily life of a made guy [Re: TottiNotGotti] #745851
10/26/13 03:52 PM
10/26/13 03:52 PM
Southeastern Massachusetts
JCB1977 Offline
Underboss
JCB1977  Offline
Underboss
Southeastern Massachusetts
Ok then...IMO, the daily life of a made guy isn't glamorous...most of these guys are meeting and scheming on where to find their next score...especially the guys today. "Most" of them are street rats, very uneducated, abusive with narcissistic personalities, sociopathic if you will. However, they sure are fun to read about.

Re: The daily life of a made guy [Re: JCB1977] #745853
10/26/13 03:58 PM
10/26/13 03:58 PM
T
TottiNotGotti Offline OP
Wiseguy
T
Wiseguy
Originally Posted By: JCB1977
Ok then...IMO, the daily life of a made guy isn't glamorous...most of these guys are meeting and scheming on where to find their next score...especially the guys today. "Most" of them are street rats, very uneducated, abusive with narcissistic personalities, sociopathic if you will. However, they sure are fun to read about.

There's no doubt it is interesting to read about them. They are more interesting than the Camorra, 'Ndrangheta, Sicilian Mafia or any other of the Italian groups to my mind because they are a stranger breed. They have more opportunity to lead a clean life and less chance of getting away with it than their counterparts in Italy.

Why do they live that brutal and dangerous life? That is the question that fascinates me.

Re: The daily life of a made guy [Re: TheIsland] #745862
10/26/13 05:44 PM
10/26/13 05:44 PM
Massachusetts, USA
123JoeSchmo Offline
Underboss
123JoeSchmo  Offline
Underboss
Massachusetts, USA
Originally Posted By: TheIsland
Welcome to the boards. I was going to tell you about their daily life but joe will have the honor of welcoming every poster like he does "USE THE SEARCH FUNCTION!!! USE THE SEARCH FUNCTION..SEARCH FUNCTION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Joe your not a mod(s) here let the consig tell new members how things work around here. Or the boards owner, whudda you got a piece of the board now Joe you extorting JGeoff again? You know he's on the record right? I wouldn't mess with the kid he's got his stripes...red&white

Fuck off Bellini, we get these threads every week! Don't pretend it doesn't annoy you too

Re: The daily life of a made guy [Re: TottiNotGotti] #745863
10/26/13 05:49 PM
10/26/13 05:49 PM
Massachusetts, USA
123JoeSchmo Offline
Underboss
123JoeSchmo  Offline
Underboss
Massachusetts, USA
Originally Posted By: TottiNotGotti

Not a fanboy in the least, so you're barking up the wrong tree there chief. I'm only too aware of the calibre of these guys and have absolutely no illusions about what they do to make a living. I wouldn't call myself a fanboy at all. The only reason I'm interested in the American Mafia is because I studied Sicilian organised crime at university and I started to delve into it through that.

As for searching I've read through numerous previous threads that I've found that don't really say anything of interest on this topic - so naturally I posted the questions I couldn't find an answer to. Maybe you can point me in the direction of the ones you are on about?

And if you want to throw your weight around pick some other chump rather than laying down the law to me like you run the fuckin place!

Hey look sorry if I was a little short with you pal. If you were around long enough you'd understand. It's just hard to know what the daily life of a made guy is you know? They're people too. Other than their illicit activities what they do really isn't that much different from anyone else.

In the past we've had numerous threads like "what kind of shoes do mobsters wear?" or "do they still wear silk suits?" it's that kind of shit that gets annoying. Again my apologies for being harsh. Welcome to the boards man

Re: The daily life of a made guy [Re: 123JoeSchmo] #745866
10/26/13 06:09 PM
10/26/13 06:09 PM
T
TottiNotGotti Offline OP
Wiseguy
T
Wiseguy

Hey look sorry if I was a little short with you pal. If you were around long enough you'd understand. It's just hard to know what the daily life of a made guy is you know? They're people too. Other than their illicit activities what they do really isn't that much different from anyone else.

In the past we've had numerous threads like "what kind of shoes do mobsters wear?" or "do they still wear silk suits?" it's that kind of shit that gets annoying. Again my apologies for being harsh. Welcome to the boards man

Not interested in the least in their fashion sense, but I am certainly curious as to how they live their life - how close to a 'normal' working day their life is.

As I say if you have particular threads in mind which look at this then I'd appreciate the link or a tip of what to search for then I would be grateful. The closest answer to the questions I'm interested in was a post (I think by EastHarlemItal, but perhaps someone else) that I read some time ago about how a high earning gangster will hide his wealth from tax investigators and how they would spend the money they make but I can't find it as I search. Any tips on where to look would be gratefully received.

Re: The daily life of a made guy [Re: 123JoeSchmo] #745867
10/26/13 06:11 PM
10/26/13 06:11 PM
toyland
D
don illuminati Offline
Underboss
don illuminati  Offline
D
Underboss
toyland
Hey you can look at 'Donnie Brasco' or 'Way Of The Wiseguy' by Joe Pistone and he discusses the day to day lifestyle of associates trying to get into a family to a certain extent.

"How's the Italian food in this restaurant?'
Re: The daily life of a made guy [Re: don illuminati] #745868
10/26/13 06:14 PM
10/26/13 06:14 PM
T
TottiNotGotti Offline OP
Wiseguy
T
Wiseguy
Originally Posted By: don illuminati
Hey you can look at 'Donnie Brasco' or 'Way Of The Wiseguy' by Joe Pistone and he discusses the day to day lifestyle of associates trying to get into a family to a certain extent.

Thanks. Have been meaning to look at that as I know a small bit about the Donnie Brasco story already, but the lifestyle I'd like to understand is the lifestyle of guys in that arena today.

Re: The daily life of a made guy [Re: TottiNotGotti] #745881
10/26/13 11:08 PM
10/26/13 11:08 PM
Extortion Offline
Underboss
Extortion  Offline
Underboss
The search function isnt very good on this forum, probably why so many duplicates

Re: The daily life of a made guy [Re: Extortion] #745889
10/26/13 11:51 PM
10/26/13 11:51 PM
New Jersey
Dellacroce Offline
Underboss
Dellacroce  Offline
Underboss
New Jersey
Originally Posted By: Extortion
The search function isnt very good on this forum, probably why so many duplicates

Yes,this is very true. Every time you search something at least 400 results come up, who the hell has time to go through all that shit.

"Let me tell you something. There's no nobility in poverty. I've been a poor man, and I've been a rich man. And I choose rich every fucking time."

-Jordan Belfort
Re: The daily life of a made guy [Re: Extortion] #745899
10/27/13 05:16 AM
10/27/13 05:16 AM
T
TottiNotGotti Offline OP
Wiseguy
T
Wiseguy

This won't be a duplicate of anything until someone posts something interesting on the topic!cool

Re: The daily life of a made guy [Re: TottiNotGotti] #745925
10/27/13 12:23 PM
10/27/13 12:23 PM
In exile watching star wars an...
S
Skinny Offline
X
Skinny  Offline
X
S
Underboss
In exile watching star wars an...

Particularly interested in how you imagine a guy like Liborio Bellomo lives his life.

Thanks for any replies.

Goes out to eat for lunch and says maybe 3 words. Goes home. Wakes up at 3am and drives to a jewelry store in east Bronx, walks around the block a few times whispering in his guys ear. Goes home and back to sleep. About as exciting as it gets

Re: The daily life of a made guy [Re: TottiNotGotti] #745998
10/28/13 06:22 AM
10/28/13 06:22 AM
MASS.
paddy78 Offline
Made Member
paddy78  Offline
Made Member
MASS.
YEAH SKINNY , ITS NOT THE SOPRANOS, ppl think it is, the dat to day gotta be boring,waiting,counting on others to come thru on things,being careful who's around you etc

Southie
(South Boston, Mass) my home town!!

Here to learn,lecture and have fun.
Re: The daily life of a made guy [Re: 123JoeSchmo] #746000
10/28/13 07:25 AM
10/28/13 07:25 AM
T
TheIsland Offline
Made Member
TheIsland  Offline
T
Made Member

Fuck off Bellini, we get these threads every week! Don't pretend it doesn't annoy you too

Bellini? Just call me Stern Jr. Joe go eat some cheese.

Re: The daily life of a made guy [Re: TheIsland] #746001
10/28/13 07:29 AM
10/28/13 07:29 AM
New York
SC Offline
Consigliere
SC  Offline
Consigliere

New York

Bellini? Just call me Stern Jr. Joe go eat some cheese.

Chill, Joe. Goodbye Island.

Re: The daily life of a made guy [Re: Skinny] #746004
10/28/13 08:11 AM
10/28/13 08:11 AM
T
TottiNotGotti Offline OP
Wiseguy
T
Wiseguy
Originally Posted By: Skinny

Thanks for any replies.

Goes out to eat for lunch and says maybe 3 words. Goes home. Wakes up at 3am and drives to a jewelry store in east Bronx, walks around the block a few times whispering in his guys ear. Goes home and back to sleep. About as exciting as it gets

Not looking for excitement Skinny, just wondering how these guys function.

Surely they can have absolutely no normality in life - no working day, no days off, no weekend, no working from home, etc?

As I say, not interested in what shoes they wear or where they eat lunch or what kind of car they drive or how many girlfriends they have as the 'glamour' means nothing to me, but I am interested in they way they operate on a daily basis.

My thoughts are that it must be an absolutely shit life, but as I say I don't really have much insight into how they go about their 'work'.

Re: The daily life of a made guy [Re: TottiNotGotti] #746011
10/28/13 10:48 AM
10/28/13 10:48 AM
L
littlemango Offline
Button
littlemango  Offline
L
Button
I always like to qualifiy that I'm not qualified to answer these questions (certainly not as qualified as the many members who are personally familiar with people in this world.) But through my readings I've gathered as reasonable outline (as I see it). Their life revolves around their work like everybody else. Their work involves illegal activity so it skews the process. As others have said there's a lot of scheming, a lot of surviellence avaided meetings with other people in that world, researching plots and angles. A lot of the day is spent trying to figure out what's up on the street either by hanging out with other guys in your crew, shaping up with the boss, trying to make contacts in various industries to help you with your business.

I think the process kind of guys where the young guys who aren't known to law enforcement just hang around and play cards and scheme; then once you're hot enough to be on the police radar, most of the day is spent trying to escape survellience so you can then do your job. Someone brought up the sopranos being ridiculous and that's a good point because it condenses a lot of things. Anytime Tony has a sit down or a meeting with his captains or with new york its likely they have to spend a good chunk of time ditching tails then driving to some random hidden spot out of the way to talk for 5 minutes then repeating the process over again. Or if you're on a criminal job or are contracted to hit someone, there's a lot of time where you're just waiting and watching for the right opportuninites. You might spend 2 weeks tailing a guy just to see if there's an opportunity to whack him. It's not like you get a contract then just show up at his house

Re: The daily life of a made guy [Re: Dellacroce] #746017
10/28/13 12:21 PM
10/28/13 12:21 PM
fortunato Offline
Made Member
fortunato  Offline
Made Member
Originally Posted By: Dellacroce

Yes,this is very true. Every time you search something at least 400 results come up, who the hell has time to go through all that shit.

Yes I hate that 400 results pop up but since I'm at school being bored to death reading things in my history text book like al capone made the American mafia, reading things on this forum are at least interesting and are - some what true. I learn more here then I do in most of my classes how sad.

If anything in this life is certain, if history has taught us anything, it is that you can kill anyone.
~ Michael Corlelone

Re: The daily life of a made guy [Re: TottiNotGotti] #746026
10/28/13 02:07 PM
10/28/13 02:07 PM
SonnyBlackstein Offline
Underboss
SonnyBlackstein  Offline
Underboss
This is such a ridiculous question.

A 'made man' is simply a title bestowed. NOT A JOB DESCRIPTION.

Members of a family's daily lifestyle is as diverse as there rackets. Some even have legitimate jobs, business's etc. Some work at night, some the day, some thieve, some extort, some work in unions, some in pump n dump, internet porn etc etc etc etc.

To assume they all have a similar routine is misguided.

MORGAN: Why didn't you fight him at the park if you wanted to? I'm not goin' now, I'm eatin' my snack.
CHUCKIE: Morgan, Let's go.
MORGAN: I'm serious Chuckie, I ain't goin'.
WILL: So don't go.
Re: The daily life of a made guy [Re: TottiNotGotti] #746031
10/28/13 02:38 PM
10/28/13 02:38 PM
LittleMan Offline
Capo
LittleMan  Offline
Capo
I believe the question is asked because most of us have "square jobs" and there's a certain curiosity with a mobster's working day. There's a perception that the following is what a mobster's daily schedule entails:

Sleep until noon. Big breakfast of sausage, bacon and eggs.
Meet with associates and plan schemes.
Have a huge veal parm hero- no vegetables.
Have sex with a goomah.
Drive around and make pick ups (meaning envelopes bursting with crisp c-notes).
Have a big plate of pasta- no vegetables
Have sex with a cute groupie hanging out at the local mob bar.
Slap around a late paying borrower.
Assign an underling to toss a brick through a mom and pop business window for not buying window insurance.
Go shopping for a new Escalade.
Have a steak dinner with baked potato- no salad.
Have sex with a stripper after collecting weekly dues from the strip club owner.
Meet the boys to plan a weekend trip to either Miami or Atlantic City.
Sit down for a late night poker game. Top quality drugs are available in case someone gets tired at 3 AM.
Eat a couple of overstuffed pastrami sandwiches.
Go home just before sunrise, and quietly slip into bed without waking up the wife because our hero can't have anymore sex.
Leaves a few hundred on the dresser for wifey to take care of household bills.

Wake up at noon and repeat.

You shit-kicking, stinky, horse-manure-smelling motherfucker you! If you ever get out of line over there again, I'll smash your fucking head so hard you won't be able to get that cowboy hat on. You hear me? Fucking hick. -Nicky (Casino)
Re: The daily life of a made guy [Re: TottiNotGotti] #746033
10/28/13 02:50 PM
10/28/13 02:50 PM
MASS.
paddy78 Offline
Made Member
paddy78  Offline
Made Member
MASS.
haha too many movies and newspaper man, but funny ill give ya that, season 2 soprano fan then?! lol

Southie
(South Boston, Mass) my home town!!

Here to learn,lecture and have fun.
Re: The daily life of a made guy [Re: paddy78] #746034
10/28/13 02:54 PM
10/28/13 02:54 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Christ almighty, they're just fucking people. Regular men who often lead regular lives.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: The daily life of a made guy [Re: LittleMan] #746035
10/28/13 02:55 PM
10/28/13 02:55 PM
SonnyBlackstein Offline
Underboss
SonnyBlackstein  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: LittleMan

Sleep until noon. Big breakfast of sausage, bacon and eggs.
Meet with associates and plan schemes.
Have a huge veal parm hero- no vegetables.
Have sex with a goomah.
Drive around and make pick ups (meaning envelopes bursting with crisp c-notes).
Have a big plate of pasta- no vegetables
Have sex with a cute groupie hanging out at the local mob bar.
Slap around a late paying borrower.
Assign an underling to toss a brick through a mom and pop business window for not buying window insurance.
Go shopping for a new Escalade.
Have a steak dinner with baked potato- no salad.
Have sex with a stripper after collecting weekly dues from the strip club owner.
Meet the boys to plan a weekend trip to either Miami or Atlantic City.
Sit down for a late night poker game. Top quality drugs are available in case someone gets tired at 3 AM.
Eat a couple of overstuffed pastrami sandwiches.
Go home just before sunrise, and quietly slip into bed without waking up the wife because our hero can't have anymore sex.
Leaves a few hundred on the dresser for wifey to take care of household bills.

Wake up at noon and repeat.

LMAO.

Tip o the hat to you sir.

MORGAN: Why didn't you fight him at the park if you wanted to? I'm not goin' now, I'm eatin' my snack.
CHUCKIE: Morgan, Let's go.
MORGAN: I'm serious Chuckie, I ain't goin'.
WILL: So don't go.
Re: The daily life of a made guy [Re: TottiNotGotti] #746039
10/28/13 03:07 PM
10/28/13 03:07 PM
Staten Island, NY
S
stealth44 Offline
Wiseguy
stealth44  Offline
S
Wiseguy
Staten Island, NY
^Agree smile

Re: The daily life of a made guy [Re: TottiNotGotti] #746041
10/28/13 03:42 PM
10/28/13 03:42 PM
Cajunland
LaLouisiane Offline
Cajun Mafia
LaLouisiane  Offline
Cajun Mafia
Underboss
Cajunland
Bang the bosses wife on the Reg

"What are you cacklin' hens cluckin' about?!?!"

"Is that him?!? With the sombrero on?!?"

Re: The daily life of a made guy [Re: TottiNotGotti] #746062
10/28/13 07:19 PM
10/28/13 07:19 PM
M
MichaelMussino Offline
Wiseguy
MichaelMussino  Offline
M
Wiseguy
report to their legitimate business. Stop by their social club after work. Go to bed. Next day is a new day. Just like how you live your life. The lower profile you are the better. They just want to make a living. What you see on TV is very very glamorized. By the way they don't wear suits on a daily basis. Many of them work blue collar jobs.

Re: The daily life of a made guy [Re: pizzaboy] #746064
10/28/13 07:34 PM
10/28/13 07:34 PM
T
TottiNotGotti Offline OP
Wiseguy
T
Wiseguy
Originally Posted By: pizzaboy
Christ almighty, they're just fucking people. Regular men who often lead regular lives.

Yeah, they're so regular that you've got 15,000 posts on a website talking about them!

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull