GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 110 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,095
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,284
Hollander 23,355
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,487
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,216
Posts1,056,190
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Re: Mob restaurants in NYC [Re: SonnyBlackstein] #746749
11/01/13 01:47 PM
11/01/13 01:47 PM
In exile watching star wars an...
S
Skinny Offline
X
Skinny  Offline
X
S
Underboss
Belmont tavern was under beeps originally. Everyone hangs there tho

Terrazza in nutley, locker room bar, both under Devita.

Re: Mob restaurants in NYC [Re: SonnyBlackstein] #746752
11/01/13 02:02 PM
11/01/13 02:02 PM
G
Giancarlo Offline
Underboss
Giancarlo  Offline
G
Underboss
Skinny is Casella's restaurant in Hoboken still open? The place Bobby Manna used to operate out of. Did Casella get locked up with Manna?

Re: Mob restaurants in NYC [Re: SonnyBlackstein] #746755
11/01/13 03:15 PM
11/01/13 03:15 PM
S
Skinny Offline
X
Skinny  Offline
X
S
Underboss
It's closed. Idk about casella. There's a club run on Madison Avenue in Hoboken that crincolis crew runs, maybe DB knows exactly where I've never been. There's also a club in for ancestors of some town near Naples but it's been forever since I even heard about them idk the name

Re: Mob restaurants in NYC [Re: SonnyBlackstein] #746756
11/01/13 03:22 PM
11/01/13 03:22 PM
G
Giancarlo Offline
Underboss
Giancarlo  Offline
G
Underboss
Thanks Skinny. I always thought Manna was an interesting guy. Scarfo's main hookup with the Genoveses and the guy who wanted Gotti dead almost as much as Chin did.

Manna and Tino Fiumara...both were guys you shouldn't cross. Those 2 were real gangsters. Manna must be in his 80's by now. Last i checked he was in the fed prison in NJ. FCI Fairton i think it was.

Last edited by Giancarlo; 11/01/13 03:32 PM.
Re: Mob restaurants in NYC [Re: Skinny] #746758
11/01/13 03:26 PM
11/01/13 03:26 PM
Hudson County NJ
D
DB Offline
Underboss
DB  Offline
D
Underboss
Hudson County NJ
Correct skins on Terrazza

The same owner of Terrazza and Franklin steakhouse which were across the street from each other in Nutley . Good info man !

Terrazza was sold first by the owner and then the steakhouse was shut down , possibly by town or lender who he owed . Both these places generated a ton of $ so this guy must have been into Devita for hundred of thousands .

Now the steakhouse re opened at a different spot but if I was Devita I would of just took the biz as payment ( if he didn't already ) as that place was a gold mine, we are talking busy every day and night which is rare . Shit if I knew the place was closing down then I might of bought it but then again that crew would of got me for vending machines , garbage and who knows what other ancillary restaurant business I would of got strong armed into .

With Belleville becoming more like Newark , nutley is become the " Nicky Knocker " town that bellville was .

Again skins good call on Belmont Tavern on Beeps . Some of the entrees are even called " beeps " lol . His team isn't as big as the others so I just didn't reference then .

Last edited by DB; 11/01/13 03:37 PM.
Re: Mob restaurants in NYC [Re: Giancarlo] #746761
11/01/13 03:33 PM
11/01/13 03:33 PM
Hudson County NJ
D
DB Offline
Underboss
DB  Offline
D
Underboss
Hudson County NJ
Skins I wonder if you are thinking of West 5 Supper Club in Hoboken .

I know the bartender and have been there several times ( good place btw )

Unfortunately one time I was drunk and started talking shit to the owner who had the " look " if you know what I mean so I suspect that place has some type of connection .

There are also that little Italian restaurant section close to the old route 1/9 jersey city circle that has guys .

I know I have said this before but Satin Dolls and AJ's go go bar had a lot of high roller racketeers ( Italian and Russian ) . The bar tender is a friend and I went 2 Fridays ago and there was 1 big time Russian racketeer that bought 6 $500 a piece champagne bottles and did 2 $100 rain on a girl . She said he is big time . carmine Franco was a regular here and both are owned by the same owner . I got to see who does their garbage as those definately are connected , almost certain it's Genovese

Last edited by DB; 11/01/13 03:35 PM.
Re: Mob restaurants in NYC [Re: SonnyBlackstein] #785116
06/21/14 05:13 PM
06/21/14 05:13 PM
Moe_Tilden Offline
ForeverBotheringIranians
Moe_Tilden  Offline
ForeverBotheringIranians

http://www.yelp.com/biz/taormina-of-mulberry-street-new-york-2

Taormina has really went downhill since Butch Corrao and John Gotti died, eh?

Last edited by Moe_Tilden; 06/21/14 05:13 PM.

I invoke my right under the 5th amendment of the United States constitution and decline to answer the question.
Re: Mob restaurants in NYC [Re: Moe_Tilden] #785118
06/21/14 05:24 PM
06/21/14 05:24 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Originally Posted By: Moe_Tilden
http://www.yelp.com/biz/taormina-of-mulberry-street-new-york-2

Taormina has really went downhill since Butch Corrao and John Gotti died, eh?

It's okay. But in all fairness, it was A LOT better back then. But it's Taoromina in name only today. Different menu, different kitchen, different management wink .

How's the food in Ireland, Moe? tongue grin

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: Mob restaurants in NYC [Re: LittleMan] #785121
06/21/14 05:42 PM
06/21/14 05:42 PM
F
Footreads Offline
Underboss
Footreads  Offline
F
Underboss
Originally Posted By: LittleMan
I was in NYC on business when all of the front pages of the tabloids covered a murder at Rao's. If you don't know the story, it's an interesting read.....reputed mobsters, the real life cop from The French Connection, celebrity restaurant and mob hangout, etc...

Murder at Rao's

I just saw this I was supposed to be there the night the guy was killed. Anytime my friend Johnny is in town we meet at Rao's. I could not go because I was baby sitting my little a grand daughter. My wife was out and my daughter had to work late that night. He just missed hitting my friends daughter who was also their that night.

I forget the reason why he shot the guy. I think he made fun of the way his girl friend sang in the place. He got mad and shot him.

Lately every time I go into that place someone is getting killed not in the place. Going to the place. The guy I was telling you about Mike Meldish was supposed to meet us their at 7pm. He never showed up so we leave go to this Chinese restraunt it had the head of a pig on the outside. Get this someone stole it recently. Then we go back. He is still not there so we go home. On Sunday John tellers me the guy his dead someone shot him in his car.

He asked me if I wanted to go to his funeral. I say no I would not go to yours. Evidently, he got mad att me. Has not called me since. Michael had a sister her I did like, but not enough to go to a funeral. I am trying very hard not to go to mine smile

only the unloved hate
Re: Mob restaurants in NYC [Re: SonnyBlackstein] #785132
06/21/14 06:17 PM
06/21/14 06:17 PM
Yankees1951 Offline
Made Member
Yankees1951  Offline
Made Member
I feel people over use this term. Sure there are mob establishments always was always will be but not every pizza shop no matter how many fat-asses you have sitting around is kicking up to another fat ass

Last edited by Yankees1951; 06/21/14 06:17 PM.
Re: Mob restaurants in NYC [Re: SonnyBlackstein] #785133
06/21/14 06:18 PM
06/21/14 06:18 PM
B
Belmont Offline
Underboss
Belmont  Offline
B
Underboss
DB
Angelo's in Lyndhurst was my favorite restaurant for years. The owner( father) died a few years ago. The daughter runs it now.
Jerry's in east rutherford was another.

Last edited by Belmont; 06/21/14 06:19 PM.
Re: Mob restaurants in NYC [Re: SonnyBlackstein] #785190
06/22/14 04:44 AM
06/22/14 04:44 AM
Moe_Tilden Offline
ForeverBotheringIranians
Moe_Tilden  Offline
ForeverBotheringIranians

The food in Ireland does not compare to Italian food. Mashed potatoes, peas, carrots, chicken, gravy.... forget about it.

Then Italian food is probably the best food in Europe.

I invoke my right under the 5th amendment of the United States constitution and decline to answer the question.
Re: Mob restaurants in NYC [Re: Footreads] #785201
06/22/14 07:25 AM
06/22/14 07:25 AM
New Jersey
Dellacroce Offline
Underboss
Dellacroce  Offline
Underboss
New Jersey
Originally Posted By: Footreads
Originally Posted By: LittleMan
I was in NYC on business when all of the front pages of the tabloids covered a murder at Rao's. If you don't know the story, it's an interesting read.....reputed mobsters, the real life cop from The French Connection, celebrity restaurant and mob hangout, etc...

Murder at Rao's

I just saw this I was supposed to be there the night the guy was killed. Anytime my friend Johnny is in town we meet at Rao's. I could not go because I was baby sitting my little a grand daughter. My wife was out and my daughter had to work late that night. He just missed hitting my friends daughter who was also their that night.

I forget the reason why he shot the guy. I think he made fun of the way his girl friend sang in the place. He got mad and shot him.

Lately every time I go into that place someone is getting killed not in the place. Going to the place. The guy I was telling you about Mike Meldish was supposed to meet us their at 7pm. He never showed up so we leave go to this Chinese restraunt it had the head of a pig on the outside. Get this someone stole it recently. Then we go back. He is still not there so we go home. On Sunday John tellers me the guy his dead someone shot him in his car.

He asked me if I wanted to go to his funeral. I say no I would not go to yours. Evidently, he got mad att me. Has not called me since. Michael had a sister her I did like, but not enough to go to a funeral. I am trying very hard not to go to mine smile

IS this the shooting from back in '04? i believe it was just between a couple of half ass connected guys, but of course the media went wild with it, with all the godfather, leave the gun take the cannoli bolshit. and its funny cause just the other week i stumbled upon an "old" article about that shooting(and i say "old" because it was like ten years ago and to someone like me thats ancient history, but to OLD timers like PB thats pretty much fucking yesterday grin )
anyway, in the article they were interviewing people around the neighborhood and asking about the old east harlem italian neighborhood and the mobsters that lived there. and one person they asked was the head of the giglio committee, which I've seen you guys talk about before and when they asked him about tony salerno, he said that those days were over and that "Im the godfather around here now".
that cracked me up, i guess they're some type of community organization or are they with the church?

"Let me tell you something. There's no nobility in poverty. I've been a poor man, and I've been a rich man. And I choose rich every fucking time."

-Jordan Belfort
Re: Mob restaurants in NYC [Re: Dellacroce] #785202
06/22/14 07:35 AM
06/22/14 07:35 AM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
The Giglio Committee, of which my Dad is still a part of at almost 85 years old, is technically independent of the Church. But they work very closely with Mount Carmel.

Actually, most of the meetings are at Mount Carmel, so most people assume that the Church runs it. But the Committee itself does work outside of East Harlem with other Churches (for instance, they pitch in at the much larger Giglio feast sponsored by Mount Carmel in Brooklyn).

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: Mob restaurants in NYC [Re: pizzaboy] #785205
06/22/14 07:45 AM
06/22/14 07:45 AM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Oh, and that shooting was over drunken bullshit. Absolute bullshit.

Re: Mob restaurants in NYC [Re: Moe_Tilden] #785218
06/22/14 09:38 AM
06/22/14 09:38 AM
I
Italianheritage Offline
Made Member
Italianheritage  Offline
I
Made Member
The food in Ireland does not compare to Italian food. Mashed potatoes, peas, carrots, chicken, gravy.... forget about it.

True.

I've traveled to Ireland and the lamb, carrots, and potatos were OK; but I did not like the mashy peas.

A friend of mine went to Ireland when he was in jr. highschool with his family. He does not eat vegetables at all. He apparently did not eat much at all in Ireland while there.

The food in the various cities and regions of Italy I have been to was excellent.

Re: Mob restaurants in NYC [Re: SonnyBlackstein] #785270
06/22/14 02:46 PM
P
pmac Offline
pmac  Offline
P

every Italian restaurant I go in get the chicken parm samwhich or with ziti. just pieces me off if the throw a chicken cutlet in the fryer. hand made or else. some guatmarlin or how ever you say makes the best down the street from me a divebar. tried and I tell anyone tthat listen go there. my moms from Ireland and her food sucks.cooking sucks.

Re: Mob restaurants in NYC [Re: StLguy] #785271
Friend_of_Henry Offline
Underboss
Friend_of_Henry  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: StLguy
"Umberto's Clam House (Manhattan, Bronx?) - Robert Ianniello/Genovese family"

I thought this guy was named Matthew Ianello. This is the place Joe Gallo was shot, right?

I lived in NYC at 10th & 51st from 1980 thru 1982. I rehabbed 177 apartment unites on Clay Ave. in The Bronx. My "Family Friends" from Pittsburgh arranged from me to meet a man named Michael at Umberto's for dinner. After dinner he drove me home and opened his trunk. I was given a large package wrapped in the Times. It contained a Colt 1911 and a 12ga. pump plus extra filled clips and several 12ga. double 00. I was told if there were any problems to have the guns run by the authorities and all would be OK.

"Never walk in a room that you don't know how to get out of"- Henry Zottola
Re: Mob restaurants in NYC [Re: Friend_of_Henry] #785274
06/22/14 02:56 PM
06/22/14 02:56 PM
C
cornuto_e_contento Offline
Capo
cornuto_e_contento  Offline
C
Capo
Originally Posted By: Friend_of_Henry

I thought this guy was named Matthew Ianello. This is the place Joe Gallo was shot, right?

I lived in NYC at 10th & 51st from 1980 thru 1982. I rehabbed 177 apartment unites on Clay Ave. in The Bronx. My "Family Friends" from Pittsburgh arranged from me to meet a man named Michael at Umberto's for dinner. After dinner he drove me home and opened his trunk. I was given a large package wrapped in the Times. It contained a Colt 1911 and a 12ga. pump plus extra filled clips and several 12ga. double 00. I was told if there were any problems to have the guns run by the authorities and all would be OK.

Riiiiiiiiight sure that really happened.

lol

If it actually had you would not be posting about it online or claiming such BS that Michael James Genovese gave you guns.

Re: Mob restaurants in NYC [Re: cornuto_e_contento] #785311
06/22/14 04:23 PM
06/22/14 04:23 PM
Friend_of_Henry Offline
Underboss
Friend_of_Henry  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: cornuto_e_contento
Originally Posted By: Friend_of_Henry

Riiiiiiiiight sure that really happened.

lol

If it actually had you would not be posting about it online or claiming such BS that Michael James Genovese gave you guns.

Never said it was Michael Genovese. Never knew and don't know to this day what Michael's last name was or is.

Always good to know that someone/anyone who was not there at that time knows more about my particular circumstance than I do.

Regardless, fortunately, nothing bad ever came of it. Additionally it was an incident that occurred over 3 decades ago, thus far beyond any legal issues.

Thank you for your most/least considered opinion ;-)

"Never walk in a room that you don't know how to get out of"- Henry Zottola
Re: Mob restaurants in NYC [Re: SonnyBlackstein] #785391
06/23/14 04:13 AM
06/23/14 04:13 AM
V
Vknicks Offline
Made Member
Vknicks  Offline
V
Made Member
When you say the Umbertos, Bronx location do you mean the one on Arthur Avenue? Because if thats the case its been closed about a year and a half maybe two years, its called something else now, i heard toward the end Patsy was running it idk if he has a piece of the new place

Re: Mob restaurants in NYC [Re: SonnyBlackstein] #785397
06/23/14 05:12 AM
06/23/14 05:12 AM
IL
EricKumerow Offline
Made Member
EricKumerow  Offline
Made Member
IL
What amazes me is out of that list I see only Umbertos has scungilli on the menu. I love that dish.

It's impossible to find fresh conch here these days, and never see it on the menu. Have to make it at home with the canned crap. And even finding canned conch is getting harder.

Last edited by EricKumerow; 06/23/14 05:13 AM.
Re: Mob restaurants in NYC [Re: Vknicks] #785406
06/23/14 06:25 AM
06/23/14 06:25 AM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Originally Posted By: Vknicks
When you say the Umbertos, Bronx location do you mean the one on Arthur Avenue? Because if thats the case its been closed about a year and a half maybe two years, its called something else now, i heard toward the end Patsy was running it idk if he has a piece of the new place

This thread is old, and it hasn't been quite that long yet anyway. And in all fairness to Ivy; if you look at where he posted the restaurants, he stated that the links were all a few years old anyway smile .

As far as Patsy running the place, I think you may be reading too much into it. He loaned them his maƮtre d (the little guy) for awhile. That's all. He'd do that for any of the local restaurants. He's like that.

Re: Mob restaurants in NYC [Re: Skinny] #785432
06/23/14 08:38 AM
06/23/14 08:38 AM
The Jersey Shore
D
DanteMoltisanti Offline
Underboss
DanteMoltisanti  Offline
D
Underboss
The Jersey Shore
Skinny-

I used to love bouncing back and forth between Terrazza and The Old Franklin Steakhouse across the street in Nutley back before the owner sold it because of rumored gambling debts (word on the street). How is the new Franklin Steakhouse in Fairfield? Ive never been. The one in Nutley had the HOTTEST barmaids!! I used to love wagering on sporting events and then bellying up at the bar to eat, drink, stare at the gorgeous barmaids, and win some $$$ on my games at the Old Franklin Steakhouse bar right where you walk into the door. I went there for the NCAA Basketball Championship game in 2010 (Duke vs. Butler-had Duke laying the points lost that one!!!).

Quick Nutley SportsBar Recommendation for you Skinny: "The Game" have you been yet? Its great for sports...

Is this Locker Room Bar you speak of the one in Lyndhurst? I've never been or heard of it and I thought I've been to them all! Is it the old bar that was called Swish right by the Passaic River in Lyndhurst, thats what I'm picturing it to be, I'm confused?

Last edited by DanteMoltisanti; 06/23/14 09:18 AM.
Re: Mob restaurants in NYC [Re: Skinny] #785433
06/23/14 08:43 AM
06/23/14 08:43 AM
The Jersey Shore
D
DanteMoltisanti Offline
Underboss
DanteMoltisanti  Offline
D
Underboss
The Jersey Shore
Skinny-

I also used to go to Belmont Tavern a lot when I lived on Bloomfield Ave, (Jimmy behind the bar what a character!!), so many funny stories!

I saw the "Beeps Shrimp" entree on the menu and always wondered to myself is that the Beeps in Licata's crew "selling cakes out of the trunk of his car"? LOL

Beeps

Re: Mob restaurants in NYC [Re: Moe_Tilden] #786331
06/28/14 06:47 AM
06/28/14 06:47 AM
Yankees1951 Offline
Made Member
Yankees1951  Offline
Made Member

An olde ex-gf of mine from awhile ago was arrested in Ireland they released her but she was never allowed to come back to the country

Re: Mob restaurants in NYC [Re: Yankees1951] #786332
06/28/14 06:50 AM
06/28/14 06:50 AM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Originally Posted By: Yankees1951

An olde ex-gf of mine from awhile ago was arrested in Ireland they released her but she was never allowed to come back to the country

Jesus, what the fuck do you have to do to get thrown out of Ireland? grin

Just kidding. I love the Irish smile.

Re: Mob restaurants in NYC [Re: pizzaboy] #786333
06/28/14 07:25 AM
06/28/14 07:25 AM
Yankees1951 Offline
Made Member
Yankees1951  Offline
Made Member
Originally Posted By: pizzaboy
Originally Posted By: Yankees1951

Jesus, what the fuck do you have to do to get thrown out of Ireland? grin

Just kidding. I love the Irish smile.

Leaving the country with contraband she was detained. Then later deported never to return again.

Re: Mob restaurants in NYC [Re: SonnyBlackstein] #793099
07/31/14 05:05 AM
07/31/14 05:05 AM
C
ChrissyScars Offline
Wiseguy
ChrissyScars  Offline
C
Wiseguy
Has anyone ever eaten at Rao's? I hear it is impossible for the "average" person to get in. I travel to NYC a few times a year for work and always thought it would be cool to grab a bite to eat, but I have never even tried because I hear it is impossible. Maybe if you go as soon as the open at like 10 AM? or is it impossible regardless?

Re: Mob restaurants in NYC [Re: SonnyBlackstein] #793102
07/31/14 05:11 AM
07/31/14 05:11 AM
Kokomo
B
Beanshooter Offline
Underboss
Beanshooter  Offline
B
Underboss
Kokomo
Go to Campagnola on first avenue at 74th street. Much better than RAO's IMHO!

Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull