GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
5 registered members (Ciment, The_Marble_Guy, Irishman12, RushStreet, 1 invisible), 106 guests, and 5 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,094
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,284
Hollander 23,353
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,485
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,214
Posts1,056,168
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Silk road drug website busted. [Re: paprincess] #747478
11/07/13 09:32 AM
11/07/13 09:32 AM
pittsburgh
xs0u1x Offline
Button
xs0u1x  Offline
Button
pittsburgh
Originally Posted By: paprincess
shows what a uneducated online hustler I would be... I didn't even know a bitcoin was a real coin...like actual currency.. I just thought it was like a router that converted currency/exchange values and protected identities...

It's not an actual currency that you can hold in your hand. basically what happens is people set up number crunching machines that sit there for hours on end creating a very large digital signature unique to one file or "bitcoin". usually the value given to it is the cost of the electricity used by the computer during the process of creating the bitcoin. anybody can create a bitcoin with their computer. Of course the average computer it would take a long time just to make one, the idea behind it is that it is an anonymous currency not controlled by any single government entity that can be used anywhere. there is no actual value there except for what we give it. if you ask me? don't run out to the bank and grab your money to start investing in bitcoins. besides them being practically worthless, sooner or later some government is going to get pissed off and shut it down(or atleast attempt to)

that is, unless I made myself look like an ass and you already know this.

just thought I would add to the topic.

Re: Silk road drug website busted. [Re: halzogbe] #747514
11/07/13 01:31 PM
11/07/13 01:31 PM
L
Lenin_and_McCarthy Offline
Capo
Lenin_and_McCarthy  Offline
L
Capo
Originally Posted By: halzogbe
A lazy MS paint job that the new admins are taking too much pride in.

And after seeing that I gave them less than six months. Then I read this:

Quote:
It is up to us to embrace this newfound exposure in mainstream media, rather than hide from it ... it would be impossible for the Silk Road to stay off the radar — it is therefore our responsibility to make sure that our mark on the radar is the right one.

For future reference, should we credit the phrase "Make money, not headlines" to George Anastasia? It's probably older than his books.

Re: Silk road drug website busted. [Re: Scorsese] #747516
11/07/13 01:38 PM
11/07/13 01:38 PM
G
Giancarlo Offline
Underboss
Giancarlo  Offline
G
Underboss
I would bet half the people on that new site are law enforcement guys...posing as both buyers and sellers. It's cool to check the place out but i would be real careful about doing actual business on it these days. Too much heat from all the publicity.

Beware of all the scammers too. Make sure if you do buy anything to use an escrow account. I read this one real trustworthy weed dealer built up a good reputation then told his customers to not use the escrow. He then over the weekend took off with anywhere from $150k to $250k in bitcoins. Then he had the balls to post on a forum that he was sorry he did it but he needed the money more then they did. lol!

Last edited by Giancarlo; 11/07/13 01:51 PM.
Re: Silk road drug website busted. [Re: Scorsese] #747572
11/07/13 06:00 PM
11/07/13 06:00 PM
Cajunland
LaLouisiane Offline
Cajun Mafia
LaLouisiane  Offline
Cajun Mafia
Underboss
Cajunland
So the boss got sent away with a few Capos and soldiers. The ranks have been replenished, and the organization is back up and running! lol

"What are you cacklin' hens cluckin' about?!?!"

"Is that him?!? With the sombrero on?!?"

Re: Silk road drug website busted. [Re: Scorsese] #747574
11/07/13 06:11 PM
11/07/13 06:11 PM
P
paprincess Offline
Capo
paprincess  Offline
P
Capo
you didn't make an ass out of yourself, I thought that was what a bitcoin was, but if you look at the article posted by Giacarlo about the guy buying an apartment off the bitcoin investment it kind of looks like the people are cashing in actual coins... that kind of threw me off lolll

Re: Silk road drug website busted. [Re: paprincess] #747577
11/07/13 07:15 PM
11/07/13 07:15 PM
G
Giancarlo Offline
Underboss
Giancarlo  Offline
G
Underboss
Originally Posted By: paprincess
you didn't make an ass out of yourself, I thought that was what a bitcoin was, but if you look at the article posted by Giacarlo about the guy buying an apartment off the bitcoin investment it kind of looks like the people are cashing in actual coins... that kind of threw me off lolll

PaPrincess...they have exchange places where you can cash out of Bitcoins and turn it into real currency.

Don't feel bad...alot of people talk about bitcoins but i doubt they really understand how they work.

Ever hear of bitcoin mining? Some people make cash off of doing it but from what i read large companies are taking it over. You need alot of cpu power from what i understand of it.

Re: Silk road drug website busted. [Re: Scorsese] #747672
11/08/13 02:09 PM
11/08/13 02:09 PM
L
Capo
L
Capo

Re: Silk road drug website busted. [Re: Scorsese] #747736
11/09/13 12:18 AM
11/09/13 12:18 AM
H
halzogbe Offline
Wiseguy
halzogbe  Offline
H
Wiseguy
Bitcoin could soon be approved for campaign donations

The Federal Election Cjommission (FEC) is moving to allow Bitcoin donations as a campaign contribution in national races. Under the rules, Bitcoin donations would be considered "in-kind contributions" rather than direct money contributions, because the digital currency isn't the official currency of any nation and doesn't entitle holders to the ability to exchange it for cash like a check or money order might. The rules were proposed in a draft yesterday, and according to The Hill, they'll likely be approved later this month.

BITCOIN DONATIONS WILL BE TREATED A LOT LIKE STOCK

Despite Bitcoin's complexity, the rules governing it wouldn't be particularly complicated. The FEC proposes that Bitcoin acts much like stock does: it doesn't have an inherent value, its value often fluctuates, and it can sit around for any amount of time before it's traded in for cash. Like stocks, deciding how much a Bitcoin donation is worth will require looking to its exchanges. The value of a stock donation is based off of its exchange's closing value, but since Bitcoin exchanges don't close, the FEC proposes using the valuation given the very moment the donation is

Bitcoin may not be used for disbursements, however — they'll have to be turned into cash first under the rules. And like other contributions, Bitcoin donations would still be subject to individual limits. Donations in excess would be allowed to be paid back in either Bitcoin or a cash equivalent, however. The rules are fairly straightforward and should allow proponents of the digital currency — libertarians in particular, according to The Hill — to begin using it as 2014 midterm elections approach.

http://www.theverge.com/2013/11/8/5080774/fec-to-allow-bitcoin-contributions-in-political-campaigns

Re: Silk road drug website busted. [Re: Scorsese] #747926
11/10/13 10:32 PM
11/10/13 10:32 PM
M
MichaelMussino Offline
Wiseguy
MichaelMussino  Offline
M
Wiseguy
Who in their right mind would give a stranger money over the internet? Wtf?

Re: Silk road drug website busted. [Re: MichaelMussino] #747983
11/11/13 01:34 PM
11/11/13 01:34 PM
Cajunland
LaLouisiane Offline
Cajun Mafia
LaLouisiane  Offline
Cajun Mafia
Underboss
Cajunland
Originally Posted By: MichaelMussino
Who in their right mind would give a stranger money over the internet? Wtf?

Exactly what I was thinking. What's to stop a guy from selling 200K worth of "coke" and ship him laundry detergent?

"What are you cacklin' hens cluckin' about?!?!"

"Is that him?!? With the sombrero on?!?"

Re: Silk road drug website busted. [Re: Scorsese] #747990
11/11/13 02:33 PM
11/11/13 02:33 PM
G
Giancarlo Offline
Underboss
Giancarlo  Offline
G
Underboss
Usually they use escrow accounts. The money isn't released to the seller until the buyer says he received it and it was what it was supposed to be. The scammers try to get the buyer to forgo escrow but thats usually the sign of a scammer.

Was on the Black Market Reloaded site the other day. Shit loads of drugs, guns (AK47'S,Glocks etc) explosives, fake id,counterfeit money and prostitutes some who claimed to be 15 years old. Thats the kind of shit that will attract the attention of just about every law enforcement agency. I was just looking...no way i would ever order anything off any of those sites.

Re: Silk road drug website busted. [Re: Scorsese] #748910
11/18/13 03:59 PM
11/18/13 03:59 PM
L
Capo
L
Capo
Originally Posted By: SFGate

An interesting announcement coming out of the subreddit dedicated to The Silk Road, the anonymous online drug marketplace: "At this time the wheels are in motion to set about creating a newspaper that would be written and edited by members of the Silk Road community."

[...]

This is still in the works as users figure out how/what a Silk Road "newspaper" should be. The consensus seems to be generally positive, however. Here's what one user says he likes about it:

'In my opinion, one of the best things about [starting a newspaper] is the chance that it has to show all of the suburban squares that being labeled a "crook" is not synonymous with being the bogeyman; in fact, it turns out that these so-called Silk Road villains are intelligent, creative, and compassionate (and that's just for starts). For my money, Silk Road more closely resembles Sesame Street than South Central.'

This is what I love about this whole Silk Road thing. Not only are they stupid criminals, but they're so insufferably pretentious you can't help but smile when the FBI gets them.

Just to recap, the system itself was pretty much foolproof; Silk Road was brought down because of human error on part of Ulbricht (unless you think TOR was cracked, in which case the Silk Road model is useless anyway), so let's make an online newsletter that will give users the opportunity to give up all sorts of info on their personal lives.

Re: Silk road drug website busted. [Re: Lenin_and_McCarthy] #749405
11/20/13 10:52 PM
11/20/13 10:52 PM
P
paprincess Offline
Capo
paprincess  Offline
P
Capo
Silk road is boring now... I got back on and nothing even the slightest bit underground anymore.

Re: Silk road drug website busted. [Re: paprincess] #749684
11/22/13 12:23 AM
11/22/13 12:23 AM
P
paprincess Offline
Capo
paprincess  Offline
P
Capo
but they're so insufferably pretentious you can't help but smile when the FBI gets them.

LOLLL!

Re: Silk road drug website busted. [Re: Scorsese] #750942
12/01/13 05:56 PM
12/01/13 05:56 PM
L
Capo
L
Capo
"Douchebag" is too vague.

My question is why Forbes loves this so much...or maybe it's Bitcoin-love. You tell me.

Re: Silk road drug website busted. [Re: Scorsese] #750958
12/01/13 09:13 PM
12/01/13 09:13 PM
G
Giancarlo Offline
Underboss
Giancarlo  Offline
G
Underboss
Speaking of BitCoins, the value of them is skyrocketing. It was over $1,200 per bitcoin the other day but has settled back down to a little under $1k. Still i'm pretty sure just a few weeks ago they were valued around 3 hundred...thats a pretty hefty profit. Personally i don't trust them and i think the bubble will burst and alot of people will lose their money...but right now people are making some serious cash. And Bit Coin mining is a pretty big thing now with big businesses getting involved.

And check out this poor idiot who threw out his hard drive with 7.5 million dollars of bit coins on it. Unless he somehow finds that drive he's screwed...big time.

http://worldnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/...msnhp&pos=6

Re: Silk road drug website busted. [Re: Scorsese] #750960
12/01/13 09:32 PM
12/01/13 09:32 PM
P
paprincess Offline
Capo
paprincess  Offline
P
Capo
loll!!! one way to look at it is at least he was smart enough to notice the bitcoin was worth that much... but in general I am happy to see all market's moving in general. As far as the key there are ways he can figure it out if he is intuitive enough, basically the key is going to be a certain length/serial number, unless all the keys/passwords/ data encryption are completely different in the coding of the bitcoin software architecture, or whatever it is they use to value it, I am sure there is some type of program that can generate this key... kind of like that little kid in terminator 2 that stole money out of the atm using that device... LOLLL little bad ass boys... I remember I had a crush on him when seeing that movie... ha ha ha!!!

Re: Silk road drug website busted. [Re: Scorsese] #752094
12/07/13 04:16 PM
12/07/13 04:16 PM
L
Capo
L
Capo
Going into more detail about that Forbes story I posted, Vice expanded upon the story somewhat:

http://motherboard.vice.com/blog/did-one...ct-bitcoin-scam

So a Silk Road clone by the name of "Sheep Marketplace" began having problems with withdraws for a few weeks, then suddenly shut down after claiming to have been robbed of 5k Bitcoins. They claimed they would get the users' 'coins back to them, but that didn't happen.

This article adds that shortly before the shutdown some big Czech sellers had a big sale and offered drugs they had never sold before (with stock photos no less). Since the owners of Sheep were apparently also Czech, the theory is that they were either the same people as the site's owners or otherwise in cahoots with them, and so they made a final little trick to get as much money out of Sheep's users as possible.

From what I've read, the community suspects Sheep was always a scam. To me, the timing raises the possibility that, between the sudden influx of new ex-Silk Road users and Bitcoin exploding, they might've just gotten greedy and changed track.

But this article raises another possibility: some hacker claimed to have discovered the real name of Sheep's owner (it's in the article - not naming him here because I don't know the site's policies on this sort of thing) and gave their info to the FBI on November 2. If they got wind of this, that would be as good a reason to cash out as any.

Anyway, I was waiting for an excuse to post this, and today I noticed:

http://www.businessweek.com/news/2013-12...-causing-drop-1

Baidu, the Chinese search engine that kicked off the new bubble by taking Bitcoin, has stopped since China just banned their banks from handling it. Too unstable.

And, perhaps ironically, that may have popped the bubble. Prices dropped 20%, and probably will go down further.

Something I've been wondering is if someone with enough coins could crash the market single-handedly by simply trying to cash out all their coins at once. Despite what people who worked to get it on Wiki's highest-valued currency page (RIP) told me, I don't think the 'Bitcoin economy' is large enough to handle a large hoard suddenly going on the market without dramatically bringing down the value (maybe even to double digits again.)

And that reminded me of Sheep. Sure, cashing out all at once would bring in less cash than gradually selling off their hoard, but what if Sheep's owner thinks the price is going down anyway?

Mind you, I don't even really want to see this happen. Since Bitcoin's been getting attention you can bet a few amateur speculators would see their Christmas ruined by a crash.

Re: Silk road drug website busted. [Re: Scorsese] #989655
04/18/20 01:53 PM
04/18/20 01:53 PM
GangstersInc Offline
Underboss
GangstersInc  Offline
Underboss

The best website about global organized crime & the Mafia: http://www.gangstersinc.org - Since 2001 - Want to write for us? Drop me a DM/mail!
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull