GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
2 registered members (Capri, 1 invisible), 104 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,095
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,284
Hollander 23,356
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,487
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,216
Posts1,056,193
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Albanian bust in Northeast Philly [Re: Slava] #736862
08/26/13 11:54 AM
08/26/13 11:54 AM
ne philly
merlino Offline
jesus quintana
merlino  Offline
jesus quintana
Underboss
ne philly
Originally Posted By: Slava
Originally Posted By: LaLouisiane
Same thing happening in Nola, except it's the Russians. Albanians and Russians slowly taking over OC, and the Italians aren't gonna be able to fight back because of the lack of a gene pool to recruit from and the unwillingness to make non-Italians...the Roman Empire is a fallin' gentlemen..

I don't see how they're taking over, they're simply operating in their own communities.

Football/soccer and tennis are btw by far the most popular with European bettors. As far as I know Albanians are more recent immigrants and probably still rather follow European sports than American. Albanians were always big football/soccer fans.

I was always wondering, do Italian-American bookies even offer you to bet on European soccer leagues? I guess they don't know that much about this sport because it's not so popular in America. They would have to copy the odds from someone else or something. Would an American bookie accept some bets on let's say some German 2nd division games even though he knows nothing about those teams and soccer in general?

THe thing is with the ability to bet through the internet via off shore betting sites can allow any organization to target any ethnic group if they wanted to to because the sites have the odds on every sport if they are diversified enough to try and corner the entire market, I know my guys site is set up to handle all the sports from horse racing to soccer, but he will tell you that obviously this is the time of year with the most traffic

Re: Albanian bust in Northeast Philly [Re: merlino] #736870
08/26/13 12:27 PM
08/26/13 12:27 PM
G
Giancarlo Offline
Underboss
Giancarlo  Offline
G
Underboss
Originally Posted By: merlino
2 years ago they had the 2 mastronardo brothers who ran a big time book for the main line folks and in bucks county that wasn't mobbed up and hit the big money people in philly and they got nabbed running it online through costa rica,

Whats the Mastronardo brothers status these days? Are those guys still up and running? Didn't Joe Vito get prison time? Or was it just another slap on the wrist?

Re: Albanian bust in Northeast Philly [Re: merlino] #736893
08/26/13 02:46 PM
08/26/13 02:46 PM
Eastern Europe
S
Slava Offline
Button
Slava  Offline
S
Button
Eastern Europe
THe thing is with the ability to bet through the internet via off shore betting sites can allow any organization to target any ethnic group if they wanted to to because the sites have the odds on every sport if they are diversified enough to try and corner the entire market, I know my guys site is set up to handle all the sports from horse racing to soccer, but he will tell you that obviously this is the time of year with the most traffic

Why would you go on an off shore betting site connected to American LCN when you have much better offer on Asian betting websites and legal betting sites aren't that bad either (plus with them you at least know that you're going to get your money and that it isn't some kind of scam)? Why would you need a mob to run such site anyway? I don't see how LCN or any mob group in America profits from this. If anything, it makes life much harder for them because there's so much competition. Off shore and illegal online betting sites are good only for OC groups involved in match fixing and similar stuff

It would only make sense to me that these guys copy the odds they see on the internet sites and offer you a bit higher odds on the street.

Last edited by Slava; 08/26/13 02:48 PM.
Re: Albanian bust in Northeast Philly [Re: IvyLeague] #736932
08/26/13 07:54 PM
08/26/13 07:54 PM
T
tjonezee Offline
Made Member
tjonezee  Offline
T
Made Member
Lots of Albanians in lower Bucks county (Huntington Valley), and in the northeast. They've mixed in with some of the Ukranian and Russian neighborhoods around Bustelton Ave in the city. It's an extremely poor country with a big underworld presence.

Re: Albanian bust in Northeast Philly [Re: IvyLeague] #736936
08/26/13 08:52 PM
08/26/13 08:52 PM
W
Wilson101 Offline
Underboss
Wilson101  Offline
W
Underboss
I wish someone would lend me 30k for 2pts a week, wtf ,not bad at all

Last edited by VegasMikey; 08/26/13 08:52 PM.
Re: Albanian bust in Northeast Philly [Re: Serpiente] #736937
08/26/13 08:53 PM
08/26/13 08:53 PM
W
Wilson101 Offline
Underboss
Wilson101  Offline
W
Underboss
Originally Posted By: Serpiente
The A.C. area has no five fam. presence around , The Albanians quietly have taken over the oc thing.

Not true about no Italian presence, not even close

Re: Albanian bust in Northeast Philly [Re: Giancarlo] #736938
08/26/13 08:58 PM
08/26/13 08:58 PM
W
Wilson101 Offline
Underboss
Wilson101  Offline
W
Underboss
Originally Posted By: Giancarlo
2 years ago they had the 2 mastronardo brothers who ran a big time book for the main line folks and in bucks county that wasn't mobbed up and hit the big money people in philly and they got nabbed running it online through costa rica,

Whats the Mastronardo brothers status these days? Are those guys still up and running? Didn't Joe Vito get prison time? Or was it just another slap on the wrist?

He's obvi not getting any type of serious jail time (if any). That being said losing millions is not quite a slap on the wrist lol.

Re: Albanian bust in Northeast Philly [Re: Slava] #736961
08/26/13 10:27 PM
08/26/13 10:27 PM
I
IvyLeague Offline OP
IvyLeague  Offline OP
I

Same thing happening in Nola, except it's the Russians. Albanians and Russians slowly taking over OC, and the Italians aren't gonna be able to fight back because of the lack of a gene pool to recruit from and the unwillingness to make non-Italians...the Roman Empire is a fallin' gentlemen..

The New Orleans family faded away due to attrition before the Russians or Albanians arrived. The Philadelphia family is still there and it doesn't appear these Albanians operated in the same area or were serving the same clientele.

If you've been paying attention, these predictions about these new groups "taking over" haven't really come true. If you go back far enough, you saw the same predictions regarding the blacks in the 1960's. The Colombians in the 1970's. The Chinese in the 1980's. The Russians in the 1990's. And the Albanians over the past decade. Each group stakes it's own claim but no one group has or will become the sole dominant group the way the Mafia was for at least half a century. If for no other reason than American law enforcement is much more on the ball now.

Also, while attrition is certainly the single biggest factor to the demise of the Mafia, I don't think making non-Italians would be beneficial. What trust and solidarity there is remaining in the mob is helped, in part, by members sharing the same ethnic background. It's why most virtually all OC groups work with their own. Besides, the Mafia can benefit just as much from non-Italian associates.

I don't see how they're taking over, they're simply operating in their own communities.

Exactly. It's not so much a matter of Russians, Albanians, or other groups taking a piece of the pie but, rather, the pie simply becoming bigger.

Quote:
Football/soccer and tennis are btw by far the most popular with European bettors. As far as I know Albanians are more recent immigrants and probably still rather follow European sports than American. Albanians were always big football/soccer fans.

I was always wondering, do Italian-American bookies even offer you to bet on European soccer leagues? I guess they don't know that much about this sport because it's not so popular in America. They would have to copy the odds from someone else or something. Would an American bookie accept some bets on let's say some German 2nd division games even though he knows nothing about those teams and soccer in general?

In America the biggest sport for betting, by far, is football. At least 50% of money wagered, I believe. Basketball is second and baseball third. Other things (hockey, boxing, soccer, etc.) would be after that.

Why would you go on an off shore betting site connected to American LCN when you have much better offer on Asian betting websites and legal betting sites aren't that bad either (plus with them you at least know that you're going to get your money and that it isn't some kind of scam)? Why would you need a mob to run such site anyway? I don't see how LCN or any mob group in America profits from this. If anything, it makes life much harder for them because there's so much competition. Off shore and illegal online betting sites are good only for OC groups involved in match fixing and similar stuff

It would only make sense to me that these guys copy the odds they see on the internet sites and offer you a bit higher odds on the street.

First, betting online is illegal in America and some so called "legal" online sites have already been prosecuted.

Second, with the mob bookies, the only thing done online is placing a bet at a website that both the bookie and player can log into and see. No money is exchanged online but is exchanged in person between the bookie and player. Players don't have to worry about depositing their money in some online account and the bookie doesn't need to worry about running a nearby wire room the cops can kick down. And even if the offshore-based internet site does get taken down by law enforcement, a new one is up (with new user names and passwords) in a matter of days.

Mods should mind their own business and leave poster's profile signatures alone.
Re: Albanian bust in Northeast Philly [Re: IvyLeague] #737046
08/27/13 02:03 PM
08/27/13 02:03 PM
Cajunland
LaLouisiane Offline
Cajun Mafia
LaLouisiane  Offline
Cajun Mafia
Underboss
Cajunland
Ivy so what your saying is you know for a fact that the Albanians didn't take any bets any wheres besides out of north Philly? They only stayed in their ethnic groups? There was no physical way someone could of picked up a phone from south Philly and placed a bet with the Albanians because the Italians are taking so much heat? Your saying you saw where all of their bets were being taken place?

And we can't ignore the fact that any wise bettor would probably stray away from LCN Philly books because of the recent spotlight shown on Ligambi and his betting ring and unwanted attention. I have my doubts on the 800K coming solely from Albanian ethnicity. The fact is that the Albanians probably did take bets from some of the customers that the Italians normally take due to recent legal mishaps.

So respectfully, I do not agree with your ethnicity thesis, for I know books down in Louisiana that take bets from blacks, asians, whites, etc.

"What are you cacklin' hens cluckin' about?!?!"

"Is that him?!? With the sombrero on?!?"

Re: Albanian bust in Northeast Philly [Re: Wilson101] #737082
08/27/13 04:58 PM
08/27/13 04:58 PM
G
Giancarlo Offline
Underboss
Giancarlo  Offline
G
Underboss
Originally Posted By: VegasMikey
Originally Posted By: Giancarlo

He's obvi not getting any type of serious jail time (if any). That being said losing millions is not quite a slap on the wrist lol.

Well i'm sure JV wasn't happy about losing all that money but it's not the first time that has happened and it probably won't be the last. Those guys are mega loaded and probably just consider it the price of doing business. Everytime they get charged they lose major money but then they go right back to what they've done pretty much all their lives...sports betting. The money losses never seem to stop them but i bet a guy like Joe Vito and his brother would think twice about it if they ever got sentenced to some serious time. But they are politically connected so i guess thats not going to happen.

So yes just taking money without prison time is another slap on the wrist as far as Joe Vito and his brother goes.

Re: Albanian bust in Northeast Philly [Re: LaLouisiane] #737139
08/27/13 10:24 PM
08/27/13 10:24 PM
I
IvyLeague Offline OP
IvyLeague  Offline OP
I

Ivy so what your saying is you know for a fact that the Albanians didn't take any bets any wheres besides out of north Philly? They only stayed in their ethnic groups? There was no physical way someone could of picked up a phone from south Philly and placed a bet with the Albanians because the Italians are taking so much heat? Your saying you saw where all of their bets were being taken place?

And we can't ignore the fact that any wise bettor would probably stray away from LCN Philly books because of the recent spotlight shown on Ligambi and his betting ring and unwanted attention. I have my doubts on the 800K coming solely from Albanian ethnicity. The fact is that the Albanians probably did take bets from some of the customers that the Italians normally take due to recent legal mishaps.

So respectfully, I do not agree with your ethnicity thesis, for I know books down in Louisiana that take bets from blacks, asians, whites, etc.

Sure, it's possible they took a bet from a guy who's also bet with mob bookies. But look at the number of mob gambling cases over the past decade in Philadelphia and look at the number of Albanian or other gambling cases in Philadelphia. No comparison. The Philadelphia mob doesn't have anything more to fear from these Albanian bookies than the NY mob did from the Rudaj group.

Last edited by IvyLeague; 08/27/13 10:25 PM.

Mods should mind their own business and leave poster's profile signatures alone.
Re: Albanian bust in Northeast Philly [Re: IvyLeague] #737156
08/28/13 03:43 AM
08/28/13 03:43 AM
Latvia
ThePolakVet Offline
Capo
ThePolakVet  Offline
Capo
Latvia
I think the only place where the Russians are taking over stuff from the Italians is in Florida.

Re: Albanian bust in Northeast Philly [Re: IvyLeague] #737167
08/28/13 07:15 AM
08/28/13 07:15 AM
Cajunland
LaLouisiane Offline
Cajun Mafia
LaLouisiane  Offline
Cajun Mafia
Underboss
Cajunland
Originally Posted By: IvyLeague

Sure, it's possible they took a bet from a guy who's also bet with mob bookies. But look at the number of mob gambling cases over the past decade in Philadelphia and look at the number of Albanian or other gambling cases in Philadelphia. No comparison. The Philadelphia mob doesn't have anything more to fear from these Albanian bookies than the NY mob did from the Rudaj group.

Yea but my point is it works both ways. The Albanians have no reason to fear the Italians either by encroaching on their territory, Philly LCN has been in steady decline just like every other city in the US. I don't think that the Albanians are worried about getting whacked by Philly LCN just as the Italians aren't worried about getting whacked by the Albanians.

"What are you cacklin' hens cluckin' about?!?!"

"Is that him?!? With the sombrero on?!?"

Re: Albanian bust in Northeast Philly [Re: LaLouisiane] #737422
08/28/13 11:34 PM
08/28/13 11:34 PM
I
IvyLeague Offline OP
IvyLeague  Offline OP
I

Yea but my point is it works both ways. The Albanians have no reason to fear the Italians either by encroaching on their territory, Philly LCN has been in steady decline just like every other city in the US. I don't think that the Albanians are worried about getting whacked by Philly LCN just as the Italians aren't worried about getting whacked by the Albanians.

True, but the original question was whether the Albanians' gambling operation in the city was anything for the mob to worry about. No more than the Chinese running their own gambling parlors in NYC for years being something for the 5 families to worry about.

Re: Albanian bust in Northeast Philly [Re: IvyLeague] #738355
09/04/13 02:33 PM
09/04/13 02:33 PM
G
Giancarlo Offline
Underboss
Giancarlo  Offline
G
Underboss
Schratwieser did a fox news video report on the bust on aug 23.

http://www.myfoxphilly.com/video?clipId=9232257&autostart=true

Also on Daves twitter page today he said there was an argument between a scarfo guy and a Ligambi guy over gambling pickups.

@FOX29philly Old Scarfo Family fella yelling at Ligambi regime fella @ 12th & Jackson this a.m. Insider: big beef on gambling pick-ups#fox29

https://twitter.com/DSchratwieser

Nothing on the fox news site about it yet but i would think he's probably going to have something up on it later today or tonight.

Re: Albanian bust in Northeast Philly [Re: ThePolakVet] #738359
09/04/13 03:06 PM
09/04/13 03:06 PM
C
cookcounty Offline
Underboss
cookcounty  Offline
C
Underboss
Originally Posted By: ThePolakVet
I think the only place where the Russians are taking over stuff from the Italians is in Florida.

you forgot about the big apple aka new York

Re: Albanian bust in Northeast Philly [Re: IvyLeague] #738364
09/04/13 03:36 PM
09/04/13 03:36 PM
New Jersey
Dellacroce Offline
Underboss
Dellacroce  Offline
Underboss
New Jersey
The russians diffiantly are not taking over any rackets from the five families. The ROC in New York has been decimated by law enforcement over the past decade and they really havent been able to gain a foot hold in new york like people were predicting in the 80s and 90s.

"Let me tell you something. There's no nobility in poverty. I've been a poor man, and I've been a rich man. And I choose rich every fucking time."

-Jordan Belfort
Re: Albanian bust in Northeast Philly [Re: IvyLeague] #738420
09/04/13 07:56 PM
09/04/13 07:56 PM
K
kiladelphia_pistolvania Offline
Wiseguy
kiladelphia_pistolvania  Offline
K
Wiseguy
I live in the neighborhood where these guys were busted and am friendly with the younger generation of the Albanian kids. These guys simply took book amongst there own people. The Georgians, Russians, and Albanians pretty much stick together around here and keep to themselves. They tend to deal within there "people" and its laughable that people think they stole wwagers from the SOUTH PHILLY LCN Family. No way No how. This is North East Philly and These guys (albanians) wouldnt even take your action if you weren't a foreigner who hung around there coffee shop ( russian, Georgian, Albanian ETC.).

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull