GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
4 registered members (Lou_Para, 3 invisible), 112 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,337
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,715
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,502
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,282
Posts1,057,777
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Why did no one in the Gambinos try to kill Gotti? #729570
07/25/13 02:09 PM
07/25/13 02:09 PM
M
Mr_Willie_Cicci Offline OP
Made Member
Mr_Willie_Cicci  Offline OP
M
Made Member
I mean, was every single Capo and Soldier 100% behind him or what? What I mean is, didn't anyone within the Family see all the heat he was drawing to the Family with his public persona and his courtship with the media? Didn't anyone think "This isnt't this thing is supposed to be about, it's about silence and laying low--John's become dangerous, he's going to ruin us with all this publicity"?

Is it known if there was anyone on record or off record in the Gambino Family who was growing tired of Gotti's friendship with the press and his flashiness, anyone who wanted to or planned on taking Gotti out?

I mean surely at least one guy in that Family had to realize what Gotti was doing--spitting in the face of the Feds, smiling for the TV cameras--would bite them all in the ass?

Re: Why did no one in the Gambinos try to kill Gotti? [Re: Mr_Willie_Cicci] #729573
07/25/13 02:15 PM
07/25/13 02:15 PM
Scotland
Camarel Offline
Underboss
Camarel  Offline
Underboss
Scotland
Originally Posted By: Mr_Willie_Cicci
I mean, was every single Capo and Soldier 100% behind him or what? What I mean is, didn't anyone within the Family see all the heat he was drawing to the Family with his public persona and his courtship with the media? Didn't anyone think "This isnt't this thing is supposed to be about, it's about silence and laying low--John's become dangerous, he's going to ruin us with all this publicity"?

Is it known if there was anyone on record or off record in the Gambino Family who was growing tired of Gotti's friendship with the press and his flashiness, anyone who wanted to or planned on taking Gotti out?

I mean surely at least one guy in that Family had to realize what Gotti was doing--spitting in the face of the Feds, smiling for the TV cameras--would bite them all in the ass?

Marino and Jimmy Falla conspired with the Genovese to kill him.

Re: Why did no one in the Gambinos try to kill Gotti? [Re: Mr_Willie_Cicci] #729575
07/25/13 02:17 PM
07/25/13 02:17 PM
Scotland
Camarel Offline
Underboss
Camarel  Offline
Underboss
Scotland

Re: Why did no one in the Gambinos try to kill Gotti? [Re: Mr_Willie_Cicci] #729611
07/25/13 03:50 PM
07/25/13 03:50 PM
A
azguy Offline
Underboss
azguy  Offline
A
Underboss
Yeah, his own people probably thought he wasn't long for the world and figured they would just wait him out...

"In onore della Famiglia la Famiglia e' aperta"
Re: Why did no one in the Gambinos try to kill Gotti? [Re: Mr_Willie_Cicci] #729646
07/25/13 05:41 PM
07/25/13 05:41 PM
B
bobbytran Offline
Capo
bobbytran  Offline
B
Capo
Deccico would of been a bad boss in my opinion, i heard he was an incredibly violent street guy, not boss material.

Re: Why did no one in the Gambinos try to kill Gotti? [Re: Camarel] #729661
07/25/13 06:51 PM
07/25/13 06:51 PM
M
mulberry Offline
Underboss
mulberry  Offline
M
Underboss
Originally Posted By: Camarel

You're assuming Casso is telling the truth.

Re: Why did no one in the Gambinos try to kill Gotti? [Re: Mr_Willie_Cicci] #729675
07/25/13 07:42 PM
07/25/13 07:42 PM
In exile watching star wars an...
S
Skinny Offline
X
Skinny  Offline
X
S
Underboss

Some ppl did try and kill him. This, like EVERY OTHER THREAD you start around here recently, could be found on FUCKING GOOGLE. Or try the search bar instead of wasting everyones time, as well as your own. If nothing is found between the two, then start a new thread. Sorry for being frank, but its on the little rule page your supposed to read when you sign up. It says something along the lines of DONT START USELESS FUCKING THREADS.

Re: Why did no one in the Gambinos try to kill Gotti? [Re: mulberry] #729684
07/25/13 07:56 PM
Scotland
Camarel Offline
Underboss
Camarel  Offline
Underboss
Scotland
Originally Posted By: mulberry

Gravano said the same but i agree not exactly the most reliable informants (if there is such a thing) .

Re: Why did no one in the Gambinos try to kill Gotti? [Re: Skinny] #729685
Illinois
C
Chicago Offline
Underboss
Chicago  Offline
C
Underboss
Illinois
Amen.

Re: Why did no one in the Gambinos try to kill Gotti? [Re: Skinny] #729686
07/25/13 07:59 PM
07/25/13 07:59 PM
Scotland
Camarel Offline
Underboss
Camarel  Offline
Underboss
Scotland
Originally Posted By: Skinny

Some ppl did try and kill him. This, like EVERY OTHER THREAD you start around here recently, could be found on FUCKING GOOGLE. Or try the search bar instead of wasting everyones time, as well as your own. If nothing is found between the two, then start a new thread. Sorry for being frank, but its on the little rule page your supposed to read when you sign up. It says something along the lines of DONT START USELESS FUCKING THREADS.

+1 Nobody ever uses the search function even though the majority of this has been discussed numerous times. Mr Willie Cicci use the search function!

Re: Why did no one in the Gambinos try to kill Gotti? [Re: Camarel] #729715
07/25/13 09:16 PM
07/25/13 09:16 PM
M
mulberry Offline
Underboss
mulberry  Offline
M
Underboss

Gravano said the same but i agree not exactly the most reliable informants (if there is such a thing) .

How would Gravano know about a plot to kill Gotti unless he was in on it?

Re: Why did no one in the Gambinos try to kill Gotti? [Re: Skinny] #729717
07/25/13 09:20 PM
07/25/13 09:20 PM
M
mulberry Offline
Underboss
mulberry  Offline
M
Underboss

He's talking about plots within the family, not the Genovese/Lucchese plots. There was a rumor of Danny Marino being involved, but that was never confirmed and doesn't make sense that Marino would ally himself with Casso who tortured and killed his nephew Jimmy Hydell. Then there was Gravano's story about plotting with DeCicco to kill Gotti. Again, I call BS.

Re: Why did no one in the Gambinos try to kill Gotti? [Re: mulberry] #729727
07/25/13 09:50 PM
07/25/13 09:50 PM
Scotland
Camarel Offline
Underboss
Camarel  Offline
Underboss
Scotland

How would Gravano know about a plot to kill Gotti unless he was in on it?

I'd guess it was what he heard on the street. In all honesty though i think i may be wrong about Gravano, but i'm pretty sure i read it from another source confirming that Marino and Falla were in on it. It may have been Montiglio, again not a very reliable source nowadays,but i definitely seen it somewhere other than from Casso.

Re: Why did no one in the Gambinos try to kill Gotti? [Re: Mr_Willie_Cicci] #729732
07/25/13 09:58 PM
07/25/13 09:58 PM
G
Giancarlo Offline
Underboss
Giancarlo  Offline
G
Underboss

The FBI was told by a CI that Frank DeCicco was killed after Joe Gambino put out a contract on him. Not sure how long they believed it but thats whats their informant told them.

Re: Why did no one in the Gambinos try to kill Gotti? [Re: Mr_Willie_Cicci] #729770
07/26/13 12:06 AM
07/26/13 12:06 AM
B
bronx Offline
Underboss
bronx  Offline
B
Underboss
who said they did not?

Re: Why did no one in the Gambinos try to kill Gotti? [Re: Skinny] #729791
07/26/13 01:12 AM
07/26/13 01:12 AM
Sonny_Black Offline
Underboss
Sonny_Black  Offline
Underboss

He's asking specifically why no one within the Gambino family conspired against Gotti. I only know that people within the Lucchese and Genovese families tried to kill Gotti, but maybe I've missed something..

"It was between the brothers Kay -- I had nothing to do with it."
Re: Why did no one in the Gambinos try to kill Gotti? [Re: Mr_Willie_Cicci] #729805
07/26/13 03:44 AM
07/26/13 03:44 AM
Willenhall
Philip_Lombardo Offline
Underboss
Philip_Lombardo  Offline
Underboss
Willenhall
i gotta wonder what will happen to Marino when he gets out of jail although theres no more gotti loyalists so he might well be fine, but does anyone know if George DeCiccio is still active? because George is partially responsible for Franks death

Re: Why did no one in the Gambinos try to kill Gotti? [Re: Philip_Lombardo] #729808
07/26/13 03:49 AM
07/26/13 03:49 AM
Scotland
Camarel Offline
Underboss
Camarel  Offline
Underboss
Scotland
Originally Posted By: Philip_Lombardo
i gotta wonder what will happen to Marino when he gets out of jail although theres no more gotti loyalists so he might well be fine, but does anyone know if George DeCiccio is still active? because George is partially responsible for Franks death

This - http://www.bop.gov/iloc2/InmateFinderSer...;x=112&y=10 . Says George was 84 when released in December 2009 so he'd be 87 coming up for 88. My guess is he's retired.

Re: Why did no one in the Gambinos try to kill Gotti? [Re: Mr_Willie_Cicci] #730308
07/28/13 12:52 AM
07/28/13 12:52 AM
S
Skinny Offline
X
Skinny  Offline
X
S
Underboss
No such thing as a gotti loyalist anymore... Iv heard george d is retired. His club on bath is closed now i think. Bronx would know more about that crew than me.

Re: Why did no one in the Gambinos try to kill Gotti? [Re: Camarel] #730309
07/28/13 12:54 AM
07/28/13 12:54 AM
B
bronx Offline
Underboss
bronx  Offline
B
Underboss
george is to blame for frank??

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull