GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
2 registered members (RushStreet, 1 invisible), 142 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,415
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,815
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,505
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,301
Posts1,058,186
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: what is the use of a consigliere? [Re: Toodoped] #720590
06/15/13 07:52 PM
06/15/13 07:52 PM
Scotland
Camarel Offline
Underboss
Camarel  Offline
Underboss
Scotland
Originally Posted By: Toodoped
Originally Posted By: HairyKnuckles

Now you r actin like a kid,i though we had a civil conversation....for shame,commin from a 40 year ol........guy cry ...... lol

EDIT: And stop callin ppl by your very stupid style of givin names....you can read right?type our nicknames like the way they r.peace

Toddo, if you can find any other source with insight on Pollaccia´s position within the Masseria Family other than Gentile, be my guest. Until then relax buddy and enjoy this forum like all the rest of us. If you find my way of nicknaming other posters on here upsetting, you need to loosen up. Don´t be so obtuse!

LIsten here pal,im not your friend so stop callin me "Toddo",you HairyPussy,half of the ppl here dont like you,even on the other forums as well so....pls change your act and start havin respect for ppl around here,if not...you know...get the fuck out!!cheers cool

I like you and Hairy and i think you both bring completely different and appreciated things to the site. However i think what you've said here is untrue and unnecessary Hairy contributes massively to this site especially regarding the 20s-70s era.

Re: what is the use of a consigliere? [Re: Toodoped] #720601
06/15/13 10:00 PM
06/15/13 10:00 PM
New York
SC Offline
Consigliere
SC  Offline
Consigliere

New York
Originally Posted By: HairyKnuckles
Now you r actin like a kid,i though we had a civil conversation....for shame,commin from a 40 year ol........guy

EDIT: And stop callin ppl by your very stupid style of givin names....you can read right?type our nicknames like the way they r.peace

Toddo, if you can find any other source with insight on Pollaccia´s position within the Masseria Family other than Gentile, be my guest. Until then relax buddy and enjoy this forum like all the rest of us. If you find my way of nicknaming other posters on here upsetting, you need to loosen up. Don´t be so obtuse!

LIsten here pal,im not your friend so stop callin me "Toddo",you HairyPussy,half of the ppl here dont like you,even on the other forums as well so....pls change your act and start havin respect for ppl around here,if not...you know...get the fuck out!!cheers

Either you two guys get a room somewhere or I'll find one for ya (far away from the boards). Act like grownups and stop this shit!!

Re: what is the use of a consigliere? [Re: Camarel] #720644
06/16/13 04:41 AM
06/16/13 04:41 AM
Secret location (WITSEC)
HairyKnuckles Offline
Underboss
HairyKnuckles  Offline
Underboss
Secret location (WITSEC)
Originally Posted By: Camarel

I like you and Hairy and i think you both bring completely different and appreciated things to the site. However i think what you've said here is untrue and unnecessary Hairy contributes massively to this site especially regarding the 20s-70s era.

Thank you Cam. That´s nice of you to say. Most posters contribute a lot to this site. You are one of them. I enjoy reading your posts. Keep it up!

[Linked Image]
Re: what is the use of a consigliere? [Re: mulberry] #720648
06/16/13 06:02 AM
06/16/13 06:02 AM
Underground
Toodoped Offline
Murder Ink
Toodoped  Offline
Murder Ink
Underboss
Underground
Some info i found on Pollaccia's adventures and RUMOURS....

Joe the Boss” was violently deposed in a Coney Island restaurant on April 15, 1931, and the legends say “Lucky” Luciano set him up. During a private card game with the boss, Luciano supposedly stepped into the bathroom just as a team of handpicked assassins entered the restaurant. Various underworld figures have been named as participants in the assassination, including Vito Genovese, Joe Adonis, Albert Anastasia and Benjamin Siegel.

The legend, however, turns out to be generally untrue. The boss was known to be lunching that day with Sam Pollaccia, who by that time might have risen as high as underboss or consigliere(me:it is not known) in the Masseria organization.

Other Masseria lieutenants might have been present, including Luciano. But it was far from a Masseria-Luciano tкte-а-tкte, and no reliable account of the period mentions the tale of Luciano’s conveniently timed trip to the bathroom.

As Brooklyn detectives tried to get to the bottom of Masseria’s assassination, they are known to have brought Pollaccia in for questioning. Pollaccia denied any knowledge of or involvement in the killing.

Some years later, when the Kings County district attorney’s office probed the Murder, Inc., organization, it discovered a report that Pollaccia and a small group of men were with Masseria, as “Johnny Silk Stockings” Giustra entered the restaurant behind Masseria and shot the boss to death. None of the other men in the restaurant apparently did anything to interfere with Giustra, who by himself easily could have delivered all five slugs found in Masseria’s body.

Giustra was a Brooklyn labor racketeer and possible rival to the organization of Vincent Mangano and Albert Anastasia at the Brooklyn waterfront. Less than a month after Masseria’s killing, Giustra was found dead in a Bronx apartment building.13 If that killing was related to Masseria’s death rather than to labor racket rivalry, it could be interpreted as an effort by Mafia leaders to remove an individual who linked them with the boss’s assassination.

Salvatore Maranzano, victor of the Castellammarese War, assumed the title and responsibilities of boss of bosses of the American Mafia in April 1931. But he, too, was assassinated, gunned down in his Manhattan offices on Sept. 10, 1931.14 The old group of anti-Masseria conspirators looks to have been involved in that killing as well.

source: http://www.onewal.com/a018/f_pollacciap04.html

He who can never endure the bad will never see the good
Re: what is the use of a consigliere? [Re: Toodoped] #720728
06/17/13 03:09 AM
06/17/13 03:09 AM
Secret location (WITSEC)
HairyKnuckles Offline
Underboss
HairyKnuckles  Offline
Underboss
Secret location (WITSEC)
The top positions within the Masseria Family in and around the time of the Castellammarese war is actually crystal clear. Gentile mentioned Pollaccia as Masseria´s consigliere so there is no doubt about Pollaccia´s position. I have the passage right in front of me. Other sources, Gentile, Valachi and Bonanno included, mentioned Pepe Morello as Masseria´s underboss.

Toddo, close to all info (if not all) you can find on the NY Mafia in and around the time of the Castellammarese war is derived from Gentile, Valachi and Bonanno. Those are the "mothers of all sources" and serve as basis for all (accurate) articles and books you may find on the subject. (NY Mafia Castellammarese war.)

[Linked Image]
Re: what is the use of a consigliere? [Re: HairyKnuckles] #720890
06/18/13 01:36 AM
06/18/13 01:36 AM
E
elmwoodparker Offline
Made Member
elmwoodparker  Offline
E
Made Member
The role of the Consigliere in Chicago was different than in New York. Just like the structure of The Outfit was different than New York. In Chicago, The Consigliere had tremendous power and respect because he was the former Top Boss of the Outfit or the Former #2 Boss of the Outfit (Ricca & Accardo). They very rarely settled disputes among members. They gave ADVICE and used their political connections to help the Current Top Boss make intelligent decisions.

Re: what is the use of a consigliere? [Re: elmwoodparker] #720919
06/18/13 05:48 AM
06/18/13 05:48 AM
C
cookcounty Offline
Underboss
cookcounty  Offline
C
Underboss
Originally Posted By: elmwoodparker
The role of the Consigliere in Chicago was different than in New York. Just like the structure of The Outfit was different than New York. In Chicago, The Consigliere had tremendous power and respect because he was the former Top Boss of the Outfit or the Former #2 Boss of the Outfit (Ricca & Accardo). They very rarely settled disputes among members. They gave ADVICE and used their political connections to help the Current Top Boss make intelligent decisions.

tony accardo and sam giancana had the same agreement with ricca

ricca was consigliere and held the power

accardo and giancana were the "top boss" aka the fall guy

ricca and accardo stepped in when the southside 1st started killing each other

Re: what is the use of a consigliere? [Re: cookcounty] #720921
06/18/13 06:15 AM
06/18/13 06:15 AM
E
elmwoodparker Offline
Made Member
elmwoodparker  Offline
E
Made Member
Cook County, How are you? I have my hands full debating with a couple of these New York Fan Boys! LOL! Anyway, I kind of enjoy it. Well I agree with you, but not completely. Ricca was the former Top Boss and then became a Consigliere. That's true. However, Accardo was never the Top Boss of The Outfit. He was the #2 under Ricca, THEN he semi-retired and became co-consigliere with Ricca when Giancana became the Top Boss. Accardo then wanted Cerone to be the #2 under Giancana, but Mooney refused. That was my understanding from my Uncle.

Re: what is the use of a consigliere? [Re: elmwoodparker] #720922
06/18/13 06:25 AM
06/18/13 06:25 AM
New York
SC Offline
Consigliere
SC  Offline
Consigliere

New York
Originally Posted By: elmwoodparker
Cook County, How are you? I have my hands full debating with a couple of these New York Fan Boys! LOL!

You're back a few hours and you're starting the same old shit already. One warning. DON'T!! You won't be warned again.

Re: what is the use of a consigliere? [Re: SC] #720926
06/18/13 07:29 AM
06/18/13 07:29 AM
E
elmwoodparker Offline
Made Member
elmwoodparker  Offline
E
Made Member
SC, It was a joke Because when I was gone I saw a lot of debating happening. Don't worry there is no problem. You've got to expect SOME debating on the forums> Right? I'm not the only one who gets into debates. Ivy and Skinny and Caramel are big debaters. I really don't see it as a problem but I will adhere to your warning. Again, It was a joke.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull