GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 65 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,415
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,815
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,505
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,300
Posts1,058,173
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Murder Attempt on Lucky's Life #714976
05/10/13 05:02 AM
05/10/13 05:02 AM
Underground
Toodoped Offline OP
Murder Ink
Toodoped  Offline OP
Murder Ink
Underboss
Underground
It was early 1958 almost a year after Appalachian and Lucky was still steaming about Vito Genovese’s power play in New York. Many thoughts crossed his mind, revenge, murder, torture, and contempt. He just could not fathom how someone would openly challenge his authority. So he waited and plotted. Knowing that at some point in time he would have to take care of his old acquaintance or he would be the one taken care of. Then it happened.

Every morning prior to leaving his home Lucky would always have a local mechanic check his car to make sure it wasn’t tampered with. As Charlie, a bodyguard, and the mechanic, leaned in to view the motor, something caught Lucky’s attention and reacting instinctively he quickly turned around just in time to duck and avoid being hit by a metal pipe. Behind the metal pipe was a ferocious looking thug who was getting ready to take another swing.

Seeing Lucky duck, his bodyguard quickly tackled the would-be assailant to the ground. Unfortunately, there were two assailants and the second one was rounding the garage corner. Running by the frozen mechanic, knocking him unconscious, he raced to stab Lucky. Seeing the second hit-man heading for Lucky, the bodyguard managed to tackle him as well and wrestle a knife away from him. As Lucky’s bodyguard subdued the would-be assassin, Lucky went to work on the second now very dazed assailant.

Both hit-men were asked to not use pistols as this would cause too much noise and quickly draw the attention of nearby residents. By this time, as the weary mechanic made it to his knees, he saw both Lucky and his bodyguard tying up both would be assassins and continuing to beat them all the while asking who they worked for. Lucky would later complain. “Those sons of bitches put a real good dent in my car.”

After a few days of friendly chat sessions, both thugs gave up their master’s name, Trigger Mike Coppola. Lucky suspected it would be someone working for Genovese. Trigger Mike might have had aspirations but he was not suicidal, and Lucky figured he would have never tried this on his own, which could only lead to his old nemesis Genovese.

Lucky and his bodyguards drove both hit-men to the airport and quickly put them on a plane back to New York. Soon after arriving, both men disappeared and were never heard from again. If anything, Genovese never took bad news well. It would now be Lucky’s time to act against the greedy pig Genovese. Considering his love for narcotics, rumor has it he supplied heroin to U.S. soldiers while on the lam in Italy, Genovese’s fall would come quickly and from an unexpected source.

http://www.mobbedup.com/

Last edited by Toodoped; 05/10/13 05:03 AM.

He who can never endure the bad will never see the good
Re: Murder Attempt on Lucky's Life [Re: Toodoped] #715131
05/11/13 10:09 AM
05/11/13 10:09 AM
new jersey
T
thebigfella Offline
Underboss
thebigfella  Offline
T
Underboss
new jersey
I never heard this story before, its a little suspicious

"McGurn likes you, so I make you. So you are now one of us, if you fuck up, we take it out on McGurn. He is your sponsor. Fuck up, it's his ass. You work in his crew, he is your capo."
Re: Murder Attempt on Lucky's Life [Re: Toodoped] #715235
05/11/13 10:55 PM
05/11/13 10:55 PM
OC, CA
Faithful1 Offline
Underboss
Faithful1  Offline
Underboss
OC, CA
Please stop posting the garbage involving the book "The Last Testament of Lucky Luciano." It's a fraudulent book.

Re: Murder Attempt on Lucky's Life [Re: Faithful1] #715246
05/12/13 03:08 AM
05/12/13 03:08 AM
Underground
Toodoped Offline OP
Murder Ink
Toodoped  Offline OP
Murder Ink
Underboss
Underground
Originally Posted By: Faithful1
Please stop posting the garbage involving the book "The Last Testament of Lucky Luciano." It's a fraudulent book.

Listen here lady or ma'am ....first of all this does not come from that book,yes i know that book and its a big lie,second,i can post what ever the fuck i want,and third...you better start posting something cuz im getting sick of you sellin bullshit like you know the mob very well and playin a smartass around here...cheers

Last edited by Toodoped; 05/12/13 03:12 AM.

Re: Murder Attempt on Lucky's Life [Re: Toodoped] #715248
05/12/13 03:32 AM
05/12/13 03:32 AM
Secret location (WITSEC)
HairyKnuckles Offline
Underboss
HairyKnuckles  Offline
Underboss
Secret location (WITSEC)
Originally Posted By: Toodoped

Listen here lady or ma'am ....first of all this does not come from that book,yes i know that book and its a big lie,second,i can post what ever the fuck i want,and third...you better start posting something cuz im getting sick of you sellin bullshit like you know the mob very well and playin a smartass around here...cheers

Toddo, I was reading some articles on that mobbedup site you earlier posted a link to. The artcles seems to come straight out of the Luciano book or straight out of the article author´s imagination. I can´t say which because I haven´t read the Luciano book in many years. What I do know is that the articles on that site ARE garbage.

Yes you may post whatever you like on here. But you also have to be susceptible to corrective critisism without getting pissed off. I´ve interactad with Faith for several years now on various mob forums and believe me, he knows his stuff. He´s an excellent researcher and extremely knowledgable in this field. His pieces on the Mafia have been published numerous times and I´m glad posters of his caliber wants to post on here.

We have had quarrels, you and me in the past. I don´t want to go there again. But I need to say that your reply to Faith´s post was extremely rude and unwarranted. If you want to learn more about the Mafia, you have to start treat posters with great knowledge with more respect. Faith deserves it.

[Linked Image]
Re: Murder Attempt on Lucky's Life [Re: HairyKnuckles] #715249
05/12/13 03:37 AM
05/12/13 03:37 AM
Underground
Toodoped Offline OP
Murder Ink
Toodoped  Offline OP
Murder Ink
Underboss
Underground
Originally Posted By: HairyKnuckles

Toddo, I was reading some articles on that mobbedup site you earlier posted a link to. The artcles seems to come straight out of the Luciano book or straight out of the article author´s imagination. The articles on that site ARE garbage.

Yes you may post whatever you like on here. But you also have to be susceptible for corrective critisism. I´ve interactad with Faith for several years now on various mob forums and believe me, he knows his stuff. He´s an excellent researcher and extremely knowledgable in this field. His pieces on the Mafia have been published numerous times and I´m glad posters of his caliber wants to post on here.

We have had quarrels, you and me in the past. I don´t want to go there again. But I need to say that your reply to Faith´s post was extremely rude and unwarranted. If you want to learn more about the Mafia, you have to start treat posters with great knowledge with more respect. Faith deserves it.

Im not sayin that the stuff i post are correct and true.I never said that.But fuck it hate it when some1 comes here starts postin stuff like "this is garbage or that is garbage","muthafuck this or muthafuck that" and placin their facts like its the fuckin truth and please give some facts not just throw bullshit around....and yeah imma rude boy.And please your from europe,same as me so pls...lay down a lil bit

Re: Murder Attempt on Lucky's Life [Re: Toodoped] #715252
05/12/13 05:21 AM
05/12/13 05:21 AM
Mastronardo Offline
Made Member
Mastronardo  Offline
Made Member
I would like to know the name of Luciano's bodyguard.

Re: Murder Attempt on Lucky's Life [Re: Toodoped] #715264
05/12/13 08:14 AM
05/12/13 08:14 AM
LCN1987 Offline
Mannaggia alla miseria
LCN1987  Offline
Mannaggia alla miseria
Capo
This sounds like total bullshit, sorry. Using knives to avoid attention from residents? lol There you have it.

Last edited by LCN1987; 05/12/13 08:16 AM.
Re: Murder Attempt on Lucky's Life [Re: LCN1987] #715265
05/12/13 08:32 AM
05/12/13 08:32 AM
Underground
Toodoped Offline OP
Murder Ink
Toodoped  Offline OP
Murder Ink
Underboss
Underground
Originally Posted By: LCN1987
Using knives to avoid attention from residents?

Especilay in Sicily....it does sound a lil bit crazy

Re: Murder Attempt on Lucky's Life [Re: HairyKnuckles] #715312
05/12/13 04:22 PM
05/12/13 04:22 PM
B
BenSiegel Offline
Associate
BenSiegel  Offline
B
Associate
With all due respect HairyKnuckles. You are entitled to your opinion. Granted that, who are you to say that my pieces are garbage? Can you concretely say you are an authority regarding organized crime? How many books and pieces have you written? When were you published? How many books do you currently have in circulation?

Toodoped was nice enough to post a piece of mine on this site. And while my facts may have been derived from different sources, including Gosch's book, they in no way distort the base facts of the occurrences.

I'm not Hollywood. Where directors and producers take liberties with the story material provided, however, all of my posts are researched and documented.

It's easy for someone in your position to simply say someone's hard work is garbage.

Faithful1's criticism was, in simple terms, childish. Doesn't even qualify or can be considered 'constructive'. Perhaps you and him should attempt to look up the definition before making outlandish self-serving statements.

Next time, before you or Faithful1 attempt a 'constructive criticism' of any of my pieces, how about getting your own website and taking the hours to write your own pieces before you come at me again.

All the best.

BenSiegel @ MobbedUp.com

Re: Murder Attempt on Lucky's Life [Re: BenSiegel] #715321
05/12/13 04:45 PM
05/12/13 04:45 PM
LCN1987 Offline
Mannaggia alla miseria
LCN1987  Offline
Mannaggia alla miseria
Capo
Originally Posted By: BenSiegel
With all due respect HairyKnuckles. You are entitled to your opinion. Granted that, who are you to say that my pieces are garbage? Can you concretely say you are an authority regarding organized crime? How many books and pieces have you written? When were you published? How many books do you currently have in circulation?

Toodoped was nice enough to post a piece of mine on this site. And while my facts may have been derived from different sources, including Gosch's book, they in no way distort the base facts of the occurrences.

I'm not Hollywood. Where directors and producers take liberties with the story material provided, however, all of my posts are researched and documented.

It's easy for someone in your position to simply say someone's hard work is garbage.

Faithful1's criticism was, in simple terms, childish. Doesn't even qualify or can be considered 'constructive'. Perhaps you and him should attempt to look up the definition before making outlandish self-serving statements.

Next time, before you or Faithful1 attempt a 'constructive criticism' of any of my pieces, how about getting your own website and taking the hours to write your own pieces before you come at me again.

All the best.

BenSiegel @ MobbedUp.com

All due respect, you don't need your own website in order to have an opinion on this topic or even have your own book published. If we were to follow that criteria, 99% of GBB's members wouldn't qualify to have an opinion. You do see this as a problem right? While I believe Faithful1's comments were a bit childish it's my personal opinion that this attempt on Lucky's life probably never took place and I haven't written a book. Don't be so sensitive smile

Re: Murder Attempt on Lucky's Life [Re: BenSiegel] #715337
05/12/13 06:53 PM
05/12/13 06:53 PM
Scotland
Camarel Offline
Underboss
Camarel  Offline
Underboss
Scotland

All the best.

BenSiegel @ MobbedUp.com

Where was this article sourced from other than The Last Testament of Lucky Luciano which most mob writers including Jerry Capeci for instance think is full of bs?

Re: Murder Attempt on Lucky's Life [Re: BenSiegel] #715374
05/13/13 12:22 AM
05/13/13 12:22 AM
OC, CA
Faithful1 Offline
Underboss
Faithful1  Offline
Underboss
OC, CA

All the best.

BenSiegel @ MobbedUp.com

You want something that took many hours to write? Then read the article here:

http://informer-journal.blogspot.com/2012_04_21_archive.html

To sum up, I don't always feel like driving over the same path repeatedly. The FBI considered "The Last Testament of Lucky Luciano" worthless and this documentation can be found in the Lucky Luciano FBI files. The New York Time's organized crime expert at the time also went over the book with a fine-toothed comb and found it to be worthless. But if you are interested in the most detailed analysis that will probably ever be done, with input from Dave Critchley and Tim Newark and Ellen Poulsen and others, read the article. It includes several pages of detailed endnotes. Everything is documented.

BTW, HarryKnuckles, thanks for the kind words.

Re: Murder Attempt on Lucky's Life [Re: BenSiegel] #715394
05/13/13 03:33 AM
05/13/13 03:33 AM
Secret location (WITSEC)
HairyKnuckles Offline
Underboss
HairyKnuckles  Offline
Underboss
Secret location (WITSEC)

None. Beacuase I haven´t got the talent to write. You may have the talent to write, but your researching talents are questionable. I´m glad you joined this forum. Perhaps you´d be so kind to answer some of my questions?

Going through only two of your articles (I haven´t time to go through all of them), I found numerous of errors. None of your articles provides any sources or footnotes which seems to suggest that some of them are based on that dreadful book "The Last Testament of Lucky Luciano" which any crime historian with dignity and integrity should know is a fraudulent book. (Check out for instance Faith´s link to a Informer article he provided in another post.) OR, your articles seems to be based on your vivid imagination. If so, you should at least put "Cautious! The conclusion of this article reflects the opinion of the author only" at the end of each article. That way readers will not be confused about the "info" you are providing.

Here are some of the errors I found in the two articles I managed to read through:

"Frankie DeCicco was the only remaining man left alive on the Gambino administration panel. DeCicco, being Gambino family Consigliere, spoke at the sit-down and ordered an investigation into the slayings."

- What is the source for this claim? DeCicco was never Castellano´s consigliere. He wasn´t part of the Gambino administration at the time of Castellano´s and Bilotti´s death. Joe N. Gallo was.

"Carmine ‘Lilo’ Galante was born in 1910 in Castellammare del Golfo, Sicily"

- Lilo was born in NY.

"While Bonanno appreciated the resulting calm of the streets, he became wary of the new boss of bosses."

- After the death of Maranzano, there was no boss of bosses. Why would Bonanno become wary of the new boss of bosses? You know that the boss of bosses was appointed by the Mafia Assembly by consensus? Check Gentile for example.

"Bonanno sent for him [Lilo] and gave him a job. This would be the beginning of a long-lasting relationship that would span decades and many murders. Soon thereafter, Galante became a made-man, a man of honor and respect, a title he had craved ever since his teens. Galante quickly went to work brutalizing anyone who stood in his way to the top. By the mid-1950′s Galante had earned the respect and trust of Bonanno and other New York families, enough to be named Underboss of the Bonanno crime family. And while Galante answered directly to Bonanno he also carried out hits for Vito Genovese."

- What is the source for this claim? Galante was never Bonanno´s underboss. And does it really sound plausible to you that an underboss (which you claim he was) carried out hits for Genovese? Just silly!

"John Sciacca being appointed boss by the Commission. Sciacca not wanting to be a puppet boss stepped down and handed the family to Natale Evola."

- Who is this John Sciacca? I never heard of him before.

"Galante was intent on taking back what was once his regardless of who was at the helm."

- How can that be when Galante did not have any position as boss/underboss in the first place? Are you talking out of your ass here?

"Released in 1974, Galante quickly took over as Acting Boss of the Bonanno family,"

- Could you please elaborate on this. How exactly was this done? I REALLY would like to know.

"Soon after being released, Galante started to import and surround himself with Sicilian Zips."

- The so called "zips" started to arrive in the US in the early 1960s. How can you claim that "Galante started to import zips" when he was in jail at the time? Have you read Luigi Ronsisvalle´s testimony explaining how "Bonanno zips" arrived in the US? Lilo had nothing to do with "importing" zips.

"A few months after being named acting boss and to the dismay of many wiseguys, Galante named Salvatore ‘Toto’ Catalano Underboss of the family."

- What is the source for this claim? Catalano wasn´t even made in 1974/1975. Who oppsed Catalano´s elevation to underboss? I want names and I want proof.

"Mirra was a loyal follower of Galante and soon thereafter, both would be arrested for drug dealing."

- Could you please explain when was Galante arrested for drug dealing? He certainly was not in the 1970s as you imply.

"The gunmen that day were Anthony ‘Bruno’ Indelicato Jr., Dominick ‘Big Trin’ Trinchera, Sonny ‘Sonny Black’ Napolitano, and Louis Giongetti."

- How do you know Sonny Black was a part of the gunman team? Could you tell me more about this Louis Giongetti fella? Have you read Frank Lino´s testimony on the Galante hit?

"When the ruling came down for Galante to be hit, Carlo Gambino was considered to be the boss of bosses. The Gambino family patriarch was the most powerful don in America and everyone knew it. He gave Rusty the okay to hit Galante and the rest was history. Gambino would go on to become one of the most powerful and smartest bosses in Cosa Nostra history. His crime family legacy to this day has been marginalized by a decision he made while on his deathbed. Instead of following Cosa Nostra tradition and naming Anthony Dellacroce the succeeding boss, he dishonored the family and caused a quiet insurrection by instead naming Paul ‘Big Paul’ Castellano boss of the Gambino Crime family."

- Here´s another reference to boss of bosses although no Mafia boss held that title since Maranzano was murdered in 1931. And just for the fun of it, you know that Gambino died in 1976, don´t you? That´s three years prior to the Galante hit. And who is Anthony Dellacroce?

"Colombo was known as a ‘go to’ guy when a hit was required. Colombo was handy with a bat and preferred this method to the much faster gun when information or torture was required."

- What is the source for this claim? Could you please name anybody killed/tortured by Colombo...and killed/tortured by Colombo with a bat?

"In effect, it was a mythical title that through years was only whispered in closed circles. Never allowing outsiders to know just who held the title. The title was in a sense symbolic, and provided a broad picture of the person having it. It signified immense power, honor, and respect. It represented everything Joseph Bonanno aspired to be as a Mafioso."

- How do you know Bonanno aspired to become a boss of bosses. have you read Bonanno´s book?

"The only other time something like this had been attempted was during the purge of the old mustache Pete’s by Charlie Luciano."

- You surely know that the purge is just a myth. So why are you saying this?

"The Commission knew that the longer the war [Bananas war] went on the stronger the possibility the feds would get involved. Therefore, a sit down was called where both factions would meet to settle their differences. The meeting would be held at a house on Troutman Street in Brooklyn.

- In this passage you are describing that bodies littered the NY streets before the Troutman Street ambush. (I failed to copy and paste the whole passage. check the original article.) How can that be when the ambush was the OPENING volley in the Bananas war?

"While the Commission knew the implications of the ongoing war, DiGregorio also knew that if left alive, Bonanno’s son Bill would eventually conspire to kill him in an effort to reclaim the family. DiGregorio with several torpedoes in tow arrived hours early at the house and set up different sniper nests. All that was left was for Bill and his men to arrive in order to be gunned down in a hail of gunfire.
Bill, taught to be cautious by his father, parked a couple of blocks away and slowly made his way to the house on Troutman. It was late in the evening and the only visible light was a small rotted out street post that barely made the house visible. As they approached Bill sensed movement and caught what appeared to be a faint reflection of light coming from across the street. At that split second a volley of gunfire came at the men."

- Bill Bonanno explained the event in full detail in "Bound by honor". Why are you explaining the event differently? For example, the shooting started AFTER Bill and his followers left the house.

"After a few days of friendly chat sessions, both thugs gave up their master’s name, Trigger Mike Coppola."

- I don´t remeber reading this in the "Last Testament of Lucky Luciano". So what is your source for this? If it´s from the Last Testament book, a page reference would be nice.

- Where can I find the area of Appalachia? Is it in Canada? Or West Virgina? You do know that the national meeting was being held in Apalachin, NY, don´t you?

///I could go on and on pointing at obviuos errors in your articles. Do you want me to continue? Just let me know.

Anybody can set up a blog and write about anything. No big deal. But not everybody has the endurance and dedication enough to go through tons and tons of info and do the research required for a close-to-truth article. As an owner/editor of a Mafia site where you aspire to inform your readers on the American Mafia, you have an obligation to do a better job when researching for your articles. Sorry buddy, but that´s where you fail.

Fuck, I should charge you a consultant fee for the advice and info given to you in this post.

[Linked Image]
Re: Murder Attempt on Lucky's Life [Re: Toodoped] #715417
05/13/13 09:06 AM
05/13/13 09:06 AM
LCN1987 Offline
Mannaggia alla miseria
LCN1987  Offline
Mannaggia alla miseria
Capo
I don't know how on earth he can explain all those errors... Most of it is general and very basic knowledge of the mafia, too.

Re: Murder Attempt on Lucky's Life [Re: HairyKnuckles] #715427
05/13/13 10:14 AM
05/13/13 10:14 AM
B
BenSiegel Offline
Associate
BenSiegel  Offline
B
Associate

None. Beacuase I haven´t got the talent to write. You may have the talent to write, but your researching talents are questionable. I´m glad you joined this forum. Perhaps you´d be so kind to answer some of my questions?

Going through only two of your articles (I haven´t time to go through all of them), I found numerous of errors. None of your articles provides any sources or footnotes which seems to suggest that some of them are based on that dreadful book "The Last Testament of Lucky Luciano" which any crime historian with dignity and integrity should know is a fraudulent book. (Check out for instance Faith´s link to a Informer article he provided in another post.) OR, your articles seems to be based on your vivid imagination. If so, you should at least put "Cautious! The conclusion of this article reflects the opinion of the author only" at the end of each article. That way readers will not be confused about the "info" you are providing.

Here are some of the errors I found in the two articles I managed to read through:

"Frankie DeCicco was the only remaining man left alive on the Gambino administration panel. DeCicco, being Gambino family Consigliere, spoke at the sit-down and ordered an investigation into the slayings."

- What is the source for this claim? DeCicco was never Castellano´s consigliere. He wasn´t part of the Gambino administration at the time of Castellano´s and Bilotti´s death. Joe N. Gallo was.

"Carmine ‘Lilo’ Galante was born in 1910 in Castellammare del Golfo, Sicily"

- Lilo was born in NY.

"While Bonanno appreciated the resulting calm of the streets, he became wary of the new boss of bosses."

- After the death of Maranzano, there was no boss of bosses. Why would Bonanno become wary of the new boss of bosses? You know that the boss of bosses was appointed by the Mafia Assembly by consensus? Check Gentile for example.

"Bonanno sent for him [Lilo] and gave him a job. This would be the beginning of a long-lasting relationship that would span decades and many murders. Soon thereafter, Galante became a made-man, a man of honor and respect, a title he had craved ever since his teens. Galante quickly went to work brutalizing anyone who stood in his way to the top. By the mid-1950′s Galante had earned the respect and trust of Bonanno and other New York families, enough to be named Underboss of the Bonanno crime family. And while Galante answered directly to Bonanno he also carried out hits for Vito Genovese."

- What is the source for this claim? Galante was never Bonanno´s underboss. And does it really sound plausible to you that an underboss (which you claim he was) carried out hits for Genovese? Just silly!

"John Sciacca being appointed boss by the Commission. Sciacca not wanting to be a puppet boss stepped down and handed the family to Natale Evola."

- Who is this John Sciacca? I never heard of him before.

"Galante was intent on taking back what was once his regardless of who was at the helm."

- How can that be when Galante did not have any position as boss/underboss in the first place? Are you talking out of your ass here?

"Released in 1974, Galante quickly took over as Acting Boss of the Bonanno family,"

- Could you please elaborate on this. How exactly was this done? I REALLY would like to know.

"Soon after being released, Galante started to import and surround himself with Sicilian Zips."

- The so called "zips" started to arrive in the US in the early 1960s. How can you claim that "Galante started to import zips" when he was in jail at the time? Have you read Luigi Ronsisvalle´s testimony explaining how "Bonanno zips" arrived in the US? Lilo had nothing to do with "importing" zips.

"A few months after being named acting boss and to the dismay of many wiseguys, Galante named Salvatore ‘Toto’ Catalano Underboss of the family."

- What is the source for this claim? Catalano wasn´t even made in 1974/1975. Who oppsed Catalano´s elevation to underboss? I want names and I want proof.

"Mirra was a loyal follower of Galante and soon thereafter, both would be arrested for drug dealing."

- Could you please explain when was Galante arrested for drug dealing? He certainly was not in the 1970s as you imply.

"The gunmen that day were Anthony ‘Bruno’ Indelicato Jr., Dominick ‘Big Trin’ Trinchera, Sonny ‘Sonny Black’ Napolitano, and Louis Giongetti."

- How do you know Sonny Black was a part of the gunman team? Could you tell me more about this Louis Giongetti fella? Have you read Frank Lino´s testimony on the Galante hit?

"When the ruling came down for Galante to be hit, Carlo Gambino was considered to be the boss of bosses. The Gambino family patriarch was the most powerful don in America and everyone knew it. He gave Rusty the okay to hit Galante and the rest was history. Gambino would go on to become one of the most powerful and smartest bosses in Cosa Nostra history. His crime family legacy to this day has been marginalized by a decision he made while on his deathbed. Instead of following Cosa Nostra tradition and naming Anthony Dellacroce the succeeding boss, he dishonored the family and caused a quiet insurrection by instead naming Paul ‘Big Paul’ Castellano boss of the Gambino Crime family."

- Here´s another reference to boss of bosses although no Mafia boss held that title since Maranzano was murdered in 1931. And just for the fun of it, you know that Gambino died in 1976, don´t you? That´s three years prior to the Galante hit. And who is Anthony Dellacroce?

"Colombo was known as a ‘go to’ guy when a hit was required. Colombo was handy with a bat and preferred this method to the much faster gun when information or torture was required."

- What is the source for this claim? Could you please name anybody killed/tortured by Colombo...and killed/tortured by Colombo with a bat?

"In effect, it was a mythical title that through years was only whispered in closed circles. Never allowing outsiders to know just who held the title. The title was in a sense symbolic, and provided a broad picture of the person having it. It signified immense power, honor, and respect. It represented everything Joseph Bonanno aspired to be as a Mafioso."

- How do you know Bonanno aspired to become a boss of bosses. have you read Bonanno´s book?

"The only other time something like this had been attempted was during the purge of the old mustache Pete’s by Charlie Luciano."

- You surely know that the purge is just a myth. So why are you saying this?

"The Commission knew that the longer the war [Bananas war] went on the stronger the possibility the feds would get involved. Therefore, a sit down was called where both factions would meet to settle their differences. The meeting would be held at a house on Troutman Street in Brooklyn.

- In this passage you are describing that bodies littered the NY streets before the Troutman Street ambush. (I failed to copy and paste the whole passage. check the original article.) How can that be when the ambush was the OPENING volley in the Bananas war?

"While the Commission knew the implications of the ongoing war, DiGregorio also knew that if left alive, Bonanno’s son Bill would eventually conspire to kill him in an effort to reclaim the family. DiGregorio with several torpedoes in tow arrived hours early at the house and set up different sniper nests. All that was left was for Bill and his men to arrive in order to be gunned down in a hail of gunfire.
Bill, taught to be cautious by his father, parked a couple of blocks away and slowly made his way to the house on Troutman. It was late in the evening and the only visible light was a small rotted out street post that barely made the house visible. As they approached Bill sensed movement and caught what appeared to be a faint reflection of light coming from across the street. At that split second a volley of gunfire came at the men."

- Bill Bonanno explained the event in full detail in "Bound by honor". Why are you explaining the event differently? For example, the shooting started AFTER Bill and his followers left the house.

"After a few days of friendly chat sessions, both thugs gave up their master’s name, Trigger Mike Coppola."

- I don´t remeber reading this in the "Last Testament of Lucky Luciano". So what is your source for this? If it´s from the Last Testament book, a page reference would be nice.

- Where can I find the area of Appalachia? Is it in Canada? Or West Virgina? You do know that the national meeting was being held in Apalachin, NY, don´t you?

///I could go on and on pointing at obviuos errors in your articles. Do you want me to continue? Just let me know.

Anybody can set up a blog and write about anything. No big deal. But not everybody has the endurance and dedication enough to go through tons and tons of info and do the research required for a close-to-truth article. As an owner/editor of a Mafia site where you aspire to inform your readers on the American Mafia, you have an obligation to do a better job when researching for your articles. Sorry buddy, but that´s where you fail.

Fuck, I should charge you a consultant fee for the advice and info given to you in this post.

I'm not going to refute some of your findings. Some of them are erroneous. However, I will say that some of your findings are correct. Once again, I will state that the base occurrences are entirely correct and documented.

It would also be easy for me to go through all of your posts and pick them apart checking for facts.

Before you have your crew (LCN1987) try to internet jump me, let me say that I took the time to join this forum (temporarily) in order to defend my website as a whole, not point by point, sentence by sentence, paragraph by paragraph. Many different sections of my sites contain information derived from different reputable sources.

I will however, point out was so blatantly obvious. You add very little substance to your posts and your membership to GangsterBB is more detrimental than helpful.

Instead of ridiculing me why not take the time to befriend me and start a conducive and valuable dialogue that can only add value to this forum and it's members?

My article series 'The Sicilian Mafia Makes it in America' is based on my personal recollection of books, newspapers, magazines, and interviews, that I've done over the past 25 years. I would dare to say that each article written so far contains the following:

Sensationalism 10%
Factual 90%

All the best,

BenSiegel @ MobbedUp.com

Re: Murder Attempt on Lucky's Life [Re: HairyKnuckles] #715431
05/13/13 10:39 AM
05/13/13 10:39 AM
Sonny_Black Offline
Underboss
Sonny_Black  Offline
Underboss
The so called "zips" started to arrive in the US in the early 1960s. How can you claim that "Galante started to import zips" when he was in jail at the time? Have you read Luigi Ronsisvalle´s testimony explaining how "Bonanno zips" arrived in the US? Lilo had nothing to do with "importing" zips.

I would like to read that testimony.

"It was between the brothers Kay -- I had nothing to do with it."
Re: Murder Attempt on Lucky's Life [Re: Toodoped] #715437
05/13/13 11:29 AM
05/13/13 11:29 AM
Underground
Toodoped Offline OP
Murder Ink
Toodoped  Offline OP
Murder Ink
Underboss
Underground
The testament of Luciano is 80% fake,yes but,i cant belive this shit....ppl are relying so much on the Bonanno book and everythin else is fake?!The Bonanno book used to be good only for the FBI,just to have a proof that there was a comission and it was bad for the mob cuz Joe's book was a big retaliation aimed at them cuz he got kicked out of LCN....some1 should've whacked him and no more problems...no problems for the mob and no problems for ppl who like to read other books also.....

And Hairy...pls stop with the bullshit cuz youre one of the guys that was sayin that the mob wasnt involved and there was no connection between the allies and the mafia in Italy in WWII,right?!now thats funny...dont get carried away!peace

Last edited by Toodoped; 05/13/13 11:33 AM.

Re: Murder Attempt on Lucky's Life [Re: Sonny_Black] #715441
05/13/13 11:39 AM
05/13/13 11:39 AM
Mastronardo Offline
Made Member
Mastronardo  Offline
Made Member
Originally Posted By: Sonny_Black
The so called "zips" started to arrive in the US in the early 1960s. How can you claim that "Galante started to import zips" when he was in jail at the time? Have you read Luigi Ronsisvalle´s testimony explaining how "Bonanno zips" arrived in the US? Lilo had nothing to do with "importing" zips.

Me too.

Re: Murder Attempt on Lucky's Life [Re: Toodoped] #715447
05/13/13 12:09 PM
05/13/13 12:09 PM
Scotland
Camarel Offline
Underboss
Camarel  Offline
Underboss
Scotland
Is it the testimony that this article said he recanted Hairy? - http://www.nytimes.com/1987/09/28/nyregi...=all&src=pm

Re: Murder Attempt on Lucky's Life [Re: Camarel] #715502
05/13/13 02:34 PM
05/13/13 02:34 PM
OC, CA
Faithful1 Offline
Underboss
Faithful1  Offline
Underboss
OC, CA
He recanted the recantation. He said his family was threatened and that two detectives visited him in his hotel room although he was supposed to have been secreted away. Wonder if it was those two detectives Eppolito and Caracappa who were connected to Greg Scarpa, who in turn was connected to FBI Agent Lin Delvecchio.

http://www.nytimes.com/1987/10/02/nyregi...n-mob-case.html

http://articles.latimes.com/1987-10-03/news/mn-2962_1_mob-hit-man

Re: Murder Attempt on Lucky's Life [Re: Faithful1] #715517
05/13/13 04:49 PM
05/13/13 04:49 PM
Secret location (WITSEC)
HairyKnuckles Offline
Underboss
HairyKnuckles  Offline
Underboss
Secret location (WITSEC)
Originally Posted By: Mastronardo
Originally Posted By: Sonny_Black

Me too.

Originally Posted By: Camarel
Is it the testimony that this article said he recanted Hairy? - http://www.nytimes.com/1987/09/28/nyregi...=all&src=pm

He recanted the recantation. He said his family was threatened and that two detectives visited him in his hotel room although he was supposed to have been secreted away. Wonder if it was those two detectives Eppolito and Caracappa who were connected to Greg Scarpa, who in turn was connected to FBI Agent Lin Delvecchio.

http://www.nytimes.com/1987/10/02/nyregi...n-mob-case.html

http://articles.latimes.com/1987-10-03/news/mn-2962_1_mob-hit-man

Well, I only got a very small part. But in this part, Ronsisvalle talks about Sicilians coming to NY to fight for the DiGregorio/Sciacca faction against the Bonanno faction. That´s how I interpret it. It´s from The President's Commission on O.C. Report on Organized Crime and Heroin Trafficking Record of Hearing, 5 Feb 20-21 1985, Miami. Perhaps someone would know how to get a hold of the full report? Would be extremely interesting to read. The part was originally posted by Ron, a poster on another Mob forum a couple of years ago.

Ronsisvalle talks about meeting up with a certain Pino D´Aquana:

"Q. Before we get to that. Who was Pino D'Aquana?
A. Pino D'Aquana was a man who Mr. Bonanno have a war against in New York, some kind of war. He make a phone call to the family, Buccellati family, in Castellammare del Golfo, Sicily. Mr. Buccellati send over a dozen men, all hit men, to help him. The gentleman was Mr. Pino D'Aquana."

Ronsisvalle goes on to say the 12 hitmen entered the country with tourist visas, 4 or 5 went back to Sicily the rest stayed.

Also Bonanno seems to have imported men from Sicily. One of them was Gaspare Magaddino, a mafioso from Castellammare del Golfo and who was a prime suspect in the D´Angelo slaying in 1967, showed up in NY just in time for the Bananas war.

Carlo Gambino and his brother Paul, was also engaged in bringing in Sicilians around this time. Sal Catalano was most likely one of them who originally entered US with the help of the Gambino brothers. But why (and how) he ended up with the Bonannos is thus far a mystery. Correct me if I´m wrong and I believe PB would know more about this, but there was a wave of newly arrived Sicilians to NY in the early 1960s primarily seeking a honest way of work. A small portion of these newly arrived, ended up working for the Mafia. There is no documentation, or evidence, of Lilo Galante smuggling or importing any of these guys into the US. That´s why I react when someone is claiming that Galante was the mastermind behind a network of smuggling/importing "zips" from Sicily. There simply is no proof of that.

[Linked Image]
Re: Murder Attempt on Lucky's Life [Re: Toodoped] #715518
05/13/13 04:55 PM
05/13/13 04:55 PM
Secret location (WITSEC)
HairyKnuckles Offline
Underboss
HairyKnuckles  Offline
Underboss
Secret location (WITSEC)

And Hairy...pls stop with the bullshit cuz youre one of the guys that was sayin that the mob wasnt involved and there was no connection between the allies and the mafia in Italy in WWII,right?!now thats funny...dont get carried away!peace

No I never said that. What I did say was that most likely, Luciano was not involved with the allies landing in Sicily. Go back and read the posts.

[Linked Image]
Re: Murder Attempt on Lucky's Life [Re: HairyKnuckles] #715521
05/13/13 05:17 PM
05/13/13 05:17 PM
Underground
Toodoped Offline OP
Murder Ink
Toodoped  Offline OP
Murder Ink
Underboss
Underground

No I never said that. What I did say was that most likely, Luciano was not involved with the allies landing in Sicily. Go back and read the posts.

Listen here Hairy...you want to keep it real right?than keep it real.Maybe i should've said in your own words that the connection never "materialized".Remember?And i wont go back and read the posts cuz youre known to me once for editing your posts after a while,you know very well why im sayin this...no hard feelings man wink .cheers

Re: Murder Attempt on Lucky's Life [Re: Toodoped] #715522
05/13/13 05:26 PM
05/13/13 05:26 PM
Secret location (WITSEC)
HairyKnuckles Offline
Underboss
HairyKnuckles  Offline
Underboss
Secret location (WITSEC)
I found the report with Ronsisvalle´s testimony (page 60). Apparently it is accessible on the net (this I didn´t know). I haven´t had the time to read through it but it looks great!

https://www.ncjrs.gov/pdffiles1/Digitization/105010NCJRS.pdf

[Linked Image]
Re: Murder Attempt on Lucky's Life [Re: HairyKnuckles] #715538
05/13/13 06:52 PM
05/13/13 06:52 PM
Scotland
Camarel Offline
Underboss
Camarel  Offline
Underboss
Scotland
I found the report with Ronsisvalle´s testimony (page 60). Apparently it is accessible on the net (this I didn´t know). I haven´t had the time to read through it but it looks great!

Thanks alot for this Hairy, it looks like there's a ton of good stuff in there.

Re: Murder Attempt on Lucky's Life [Re: Toodoped] #715569
05/13/13 10:32 PM
05/13/13 10:32 PM
B
BenSiegel Offline
Associate
BenSiegel  Offline
B
Associate
Instead of going back and forth like school yard children, how about we learn from each other? Commencing now?

Here's a nice piece I found surfing the net today.

Galante's rise of power was put on hold in 1959 when he was sentenced to 20 years for drug offenses during an FBI bust. Carmine was placed in a high level security prison amongst the meanest en toughest criminals of the country but even behind bars Galante showed authority. It didn't take long for everybody to knew who he was and were carefull when crossing him. On one account a whole line of inmates was gathered near the phone to have a weekly call. Galante entered the room but instead of getting in line he walked straight over to the phone and simply ordered "Give me the phone", without hesitation or retaliation by others, he got it. Also, while Galante was serving his sentence, the prison psychiatrists had diagnosed him with psychopathic personality disorder.

When Joseph Bonanno left for Arizona in 1969, the family was in hands of John Sciacca and then Natale Evola. When Evola died of cancer in 1973, Phillip Rastelli was next in line to become boss. However, he was allready arrested and jailed 2 years later. Galante in the meanwhile was released on parole in 1974 and took over the Bonanno family while Rastelli was behind bars. Altough Galante had been jailed for many years he had managed to maintain much of his control in the drug business. From the 60's on the Bonanno's and other families bought all sorts of enterprises such as bakeries and pizzeria's which would operate as fronts to distribute heroin.

Word on the street of Galante's release from prison soon reached the streets and many would talk about it. This proves how notorious Galante was. His sellfishness and violent reputation could easily turn hostile to other families. Galante also started to surround himself with imported Sicilian mobsters, men from whom he believed had absolute loyalty towards their boss and still honored the old Sicilian manners. Amongst those men were Castellammare natives Baldo Amato and Cesare Bonventre, a relative of former underboss John Bonventre. Both men were appointed by Galante as his bodyguards. As second in command he appointed Salvatore Catalano, who formed a very important link between the American and Sicilian Mafia. The other members in the Bonanno Family however disliked the fact Galante was bringing in the Sicilians, who weren't quit the social and friendly types, but mainly hanged around with eachother and formed a private gang.

In 1977 Galante was arrested again and was briefly jailed for violating his parole. By this time Galante was beginning to put himself in a dangerous position because of his greed and arrogance against Phillip Rastelli, who was in fact still officialy in charge of the family. It was even said that during his brief stay in prison he received death threats and for his own security was transfered to a federal prison in San Diego before being released in March.

Source: http://www.lacndb.com/Info.php?name=Carmine%20Galante

Re: Murder Attempt on Lucky's Life [Re: BenSiegel] #715586
05/14/13 01:31 AM
05/14/13 01:31 AM
Secret location (WITSEC)
HairyKnuckles Offline
Underboss
HairyKnuckles  Offline
Underboss
Secret location (WITSEC)
Originally Posted By: Camarel

Thanks alot for this Hairy, it looks like there's a ton of good stuff in there.

You´re welcome!

Instead of going back and forth like school yard children, how about we learn from each other? Commencing now?

Sure. I´m all for it.

[Linked Image]
Re: Murder Attempt on Lucky's Life [Re: HairyKnuckles] #715722
05/14/13 08:13 PM
05/14/13 08:13 PM
B
BenSiegel Offline
Associate
BenSiegel  Offline
B
Associate
Appreciate that.

Re: Murder Attempt on Lucky's Life [Re: BenSiegel] #715729
05/14/13 09:32 PM
05/14/13 09:32 PM
OC, CA
Faithful1 Offline
Underboss
Faithful1  Offline
Underboss
OC, CA
I looked over that article. It has a lot of mistakes, some ranging from minor to major. To name a few examples, he spelled Frank Garofalo as Frank Garofala, he wrote John Sciacca instead of Paul Sciacca, and wrote that Carmine Galante was an underboss when he wasn't.

Last edited by Faithful1; 05/14/13 09:32 PM.

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull