GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (Ciment), 148 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,415
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,819
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,505
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,301
Posts1,058,210
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Mr. Miggs #713422
05/01/13 02:03 AM
05/01/13 02:03 AM
Underground
Toodoped Offline OP
Murder Ink
Toodoped  Offline OP
Murder Ink
Underboss
Underground
Antonio "Mr. Miggs" Pollina was once the boss of the Philly mob.Hes also famous for the plot to kill his underling Angelo Bruno but the assassin instead informed Bruno of Pollina's intentions.Bruno used his connections to the The Commission to take Pollina's power away from him and he did it.The commission authorized Bruno to murder Pollina for reasons that have never been fully explained. The theory is that since Pollina plotted to kill Bruno then he had the right to defend himself against Pollina's plot. In truth Pollina was the boss and if he so chose to eliminate one of his family members the commission had no right to stop him.Can any1 pls explain what happend and why Pollina wasnt allowed to whack Bruno?I know Bruno was a pal with Carlo Gambino,so was that the only reason why he wasnt whacked?

He who can never endure the bad will never see the good
Re: Mr. Miggs [Re: Toodoped] #713423
05/01/13 02:13 AM
05/01/13 02:13 AM
The Jokers Social Club
DickNose_Moltasanti Offline
BANNED
DickNose_Moltasanti  Offline
BANNED
Underboss
The Jokers Social Club
The guy who informed Burno was compensated with a pinkie ring so him and bruno could commnicate with one another

Random Poster:"I'm sorry I didn't go to an Ivy-league school like you"

"Ah I actually I didn't. It's a nickname the feds gave the
Genovese Family."
Re: Mr. Miggs [Re: DickNose_Moltasanti] #713424
05/01/13 02:17 AM
05/01/13 02:17 AM
Underground
Toodoped Offline OP
Murder Ink
Toodoped  Offline OP
Murder Ink
Underboss
Underground
Originally Posted By: DickNose_Moltasanti
The guy who informed Burno was compensated with a pinkie ring so him and bruno could commnicate with one another

lol ye i bet they had an secret affair...

Re: Mr. Miggs [Re: Toodoped] #713426
05/01/13 02:23 AM
05/01/13 02:23 AM
The Jokers Social Club
DickNose_Moltasanti Offline
BANNED
DickNose_Moltasanti  Offline
BANNED
Underboss
The Jokers Social Club
Originally Posted By: Toodoped
Originally Posted By: DickNose_Moltasanti

lol ye i bet they had an secret affair...

Yeah it was around that same time period too when the poster Madon said that about the gay mafioso commnicating teleapathicly through their pinkie rings lol lol ..I still get a kick out of that post everytime Iread it

Random Poster:"I'm sorry I didn't go to an Ivy-league school like you"

"Ah I actually I didn't. It's a nickname the feds gave the
Genovese Family."
Re: Mr. Miggs [Re: DickNose_Moltasanti] #713444
05/01/13 06:23 AM
05/01/13 06:23 AM
Secret location (WITSEC)
HairyKnuckles Offline
Underboss
HairyKnuckles  Offline
Underboss
Secret location (WITSEC)
There were a lot of friction between Pollina and Bruno. Possibly because Pollina desired Bruno´s position after being bumped down/passed over. I don´t know much about the Philly Family, especially not the early part but I think the quarrel those two guys had with eachother was brought in front of the Commission, by a third party, which forced the Commission to step in and mediate. I think Bruno was told to get along with Pollina and was prohibited to use any violence against him. Bruno simply went along with the Commission´s decision. Perhaps this is why he later was known as the "gentle don". However, Pollina was shelved.

I´ve tried to find any document suggesting Pollina had ordered Bruno killed. All I can find is documents saying (and this is according to informants) that the animosity between them started during a meeting (Bruno was not present) with "out of towners" where Pollina bad mouthed Bruno who was the boss at the time. It looks like Pollina had previously been named the acting boss by the Commission, after Ida´s sudden departure for Italy, but also removed by the Commission for some reason unknown. If anybody has anything to add to this or want to make a correction, please do so. I find the Bruno/Pollina quarrel interesting.

Last edited by HairyKnuckles; 05/01/13 07:13 AM.

[Linked Image]
Re: Mr. Miggs [Re: Toodoped] #713475
05/01/13 11:07 AM
05/01/13 11:07 AM
Mastronardo Offline
Made Member
Mastronardo  Offline
Made Member
Antonio "Mr. Miggs" Pollina.

Re: Mr. Miggs [Re: HairyKnuckles] #713482
05/01/13 11:46 AM
05/01/13 11:46 AM
Underground
Toodoped Offline OP
Murder Ink
Toodoped  Offline OP
Murder Ink
Underboss
Underground
Originally Posted By: HairyKnuckles
There were a lot of friction between Pollina and Bruno. Possibly because Pollina desired Bruno´s position after being bumped down/passed over. I don´t know much about the Philly Family, especially not the early part but I think the quarrel those two guys had with eachother was brought in front of the Commission, by a third party, which forced the Commission to step in and mediate. I think Bruno was told to get along with Pollina and was prohibited to use any violence against him. Bruno simply went along with the Commission´s decision. Perhaps this is why he later was known as the "gentle don". However, Pollina was shelved.

I´ve tried to find any document suggesting Pollina had ordered Bruno killed. All I can find is documents saying (and this is according to informants) that the animosity between them started during a meeting (Bruno was not present) with "out of towners" where Pollina bad mouthed Bruno who was the boss at the time. It looks like Pollina had previously been named the acting boss by the Commission, after Ida´s sudden departure for Italy, but also removed by the Commission for some reason unknown. If anybody has anything to add to this or want to make a correction, please do so. I find the Bruno/Pollina quarrel interesting.

Yeah youre right theres not much info on the whole situation but anyways,thanx HK,my man,cheers

Last edited by Toodoped; 05/01/13 11:46 AM.

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull