GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (RushStreet), 125 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,094
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,284
Hollander 23,353
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,485
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,214
Posts1,056,172
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Mark Scarfo [Re: pmac] #975094
07/16/19 01:29 AM
07/16/19 01:29 AM
M
MightyDR Offline
Underboss
MightyDR  Offline
M
Underboss
Originally Posted by pmac
Then the part about the kid who worked in a jewelry store. He hung/SHOT himself cause testa and crazy phil were outside his store. Thats one i forgot did crazy phil talk about in his book? Serp i throw the books away after i read out , give them to free book can. Did phil talk about that kid?

The way Leonetti tells it, he was walking through the jewelry district with Lawrence Merlino, Salvie and Faffy having just bought a gift for his girlfriend and came across the Enrico Riccobene's shop. Salvie said "Let's go there are see what's on this kid's brain". The kid froze when he saw them through the window and wouldn't buzz them in. Someone told them to leave or they would call the cops. Riccobene shot himself in the head moments later.

Last edited by MightyDR; 07/16/19 01:31 AM.
Re: Mark Scarfo [Re: Dwalin2011] #975098
07/16/19 06:34 AM
07/16/19 06:34 AM
Moe_Tilden Offline
ForeverBotheringIranians
Moe_Tilden  Offline
ForeverBotheringIranians

Mark was a good looking kid and it seems like he was too sensitive to be in that life. Pity.

I wouldn't necessarily say he suffered from a mental illness. He was probably doing it as a cry for help or to get attention from his dad, but it backfired. Poor guy.

I invoke my right under the 5th amendment of the United States constitution and decline to answer the question.
Re: Mark Scarfo [Re: Dwalin2011] #975099
07/16/19 06:45 AM
07/16/19 06:45 AM
Serpiente Offline
Underboss
Serpiente  Offline
Underboss
Pmac Mark did not die when he hung himself ,he died a few years back .

Jr. Does resemble Mimi side no doubt and Mark had dark features like his dad .

Phil was involved in the boys life . He had there back .

But like many of these guys like Nick sr. they destroy everything in there way and he was same . Mark was not cut out for the life .
Jr. was hands down the closest to his father and believed in the life . Jr. was not a killer but he was all in .

Chris was the one that was just like his father and don’t believe all the stories he was right there in it . But he seen the writing on the wall and when he met Mary Lou it pulled him away.... he was introduced to Mary from a friend her name is Debbie and it was the best thing that ever happened. They are divorced now she got the Real estate and he’s got the insurance and Boca rehab with his kids.

But yeah these guys are killers and Mark knew it was over the life that he knew as a family was gone so he tried to take his life ... he grew up in a very volatile house .

Last edited by Serpiente; 07/16/19 07:36 AM.

Cackling like a banty Rooster.

I love this," "I just love this."
Re: Mark Scarfo [Re: PetroPirelli] #975100
07/16/19 06:54 AM
07/16/19 06:54 AM
Serpiente Offline
Underboss
Serpiente  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted by PetroPirelli
Yeah true, Serp.

Was Scarfo doing blow? He was over the top paranoid. I can't see someone being like that without being on something.

Was Salvie looked at as almost a Young Turk before the Merlino crew took over. Was that what Scarfo was predicting?

It ends up happening after he goes to prison and Stanfa takes control. Do you think Merlino would have still made the move if Scarfo never got locked up?

Jr. got nervous I am not going to say it was from blow but he had a lot come down on him and knowing he was choosing the life he was all that more concerned.

Talking about Salvie now Nick knew how strong Sal was and what a good leader he would be . Philly guys always had a problem with the boss living in AC and it was well known.

Nicky sr. knew he was going to end up in jail even before the last bust . So between Sal doing what he was on the side and dropping Chuckie daughter he knew it was perfect time to kill him .

These guys are serial killers and nothing was going to save Salvie once it was in Nicks head . If you notice much of what he was doing was to raise Phil status always.

Re: Mark Scarfo [Re: Dwalin2011] #975101
07/16/19 07:03 AM
07/16/19 07:03 AM
Serpiente Offline
Underboss
Serpiente  Offline
Underboss
I don’t know if any of you have worked and lived with a demanding Italian father but it’s not easy and to do it for your entire life is harder .

This is what Phil and Chris we’re doing even though Chris was summer only in the early years did not matter he was just like his father and as time went on Phil wanted away from him just like Chris did .

But make no mistake about it Nicky did everything for Phil to rise and eventually take over the family and it may of happened if twenty guys did not know about every detail of every murder.

Nick thought it was 1945 and nobody was going to talk .....well he was wrong.

Re: Mark Scarfo [Re: Dwalin2011] #975102
07/16/19 07:25 AM
07/16/19 07:25 AM
J
JoeTadaro Offline
Made Member
JoeTadaro  Offline
J
Made Member
Imagine if nick never killed salvie and if Phil never flipped lol even tho they both probably would have ended up in jail it def would have been different. There might not be a Joey Merlino lol

Re: Mark Scarfo [Re: Dwalin2011] #975104
07/16/19 07:43 AM
07/16/19 07:43 AM
blueracing347 Offline
Underboss
blueracing347  Offline
Underboss
Regarding killing everyone, the last two bosses were killed. I'm sure there was some paranoia that played a part. The Ricobene thing was a little too much. I always wondered why Manna or N.Y.for that matter didn't intervene and make Scarfo calm the fuck down. A white rolls Royce and boat named the usual suspects probably didn't help with law enforcement attention either. Phil and Salvie should have killed Scarfo and brought peace to the family.

Re: Mark Scarfo [Re: blueracing347] #975112
07/16/19 09:35 AM
07/16/19 09:35 AM
Serpiente Offline
Underboss
Serpiente  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted by blueracing347
Regarding killing everyone, the last two bosses were killed. I'm sure there was some paranoia that played a part. The Ricobene thing was a little too much. I always wondered why Manna or N.Y.for that matter didn't intervene and make Scarfo calm the fuck down. A white rolls Royce and boat named the usual suspects probably didn't help with law enforcement attention either. Phil and Salvie should have killed Scarfo and brought peace to the family.

Yeah bad !

Don’t understand it , other then NY was being watched heavily.

But if NY would of sent word to Harry to fall in line he would of ....but that’s not how they handle shit .

Fucken guys are treacherous and can not follow rules .... and that’s why the rules are in place,to keep a Secret society secret but not those fucks.

Re: Mark Scarfo [Re: blueracing347] #975120
07/16/19 01:03 PM
07/16/19 01:03 PM
J
JoeTadaro Offline
Made Member
JoeTadaro  Offline
J
Made Member

That would have been awesome if Phil and salvie took out nicky and took over the family

Re: Mark Scarfo [Re: blueracing347] #975134
07/16/19 04:05 PM
07/16/19 04:05 PM
Stubbs Offline
Capo
Stubbs  Offline
Capo

You’re right, Scarfo was right to be paranoid after what happened to Bruno and Testa. Not to mention that he was trying to control South Philly from his base out in AC.

In defense of Scarfo, he was well within his rights to tell Ricobene to start paying him a street tax. Bruno kept his org way too lose. So Scarfo asking Harry to kick back a percent of his earnings was well within his rights as a boss.

And when Harry balked, Scarfo didnt have any choice but to kill him to send him a message... especially given all of the unstableness of the past few years after Bruno got killed. Scarfo had to send the message that he was to be feared and respected.

I remember reading somewhere that Harry thought he shouldve been made boss, and maybe that was part of why he told Scarfo off.

"It wasn't very good parsley to begin with, and then the cat went and peed on it." -Sicilian proverb
Re: Mark Scarfo [Re: JoeTadaro] #975135
07/16/19 04:11 PM
07/16/19 04:11 PM
Stubbs Offline
Capo
Stubbs  Offline
Capo
Originally Posted by JoeTadaro

That would have been awesome if Phil and salvie took out nicky and took over the family

No way Phil goes against his uncle. He only ratted on him because he didnt want to do the 40+ years, but no way he has his uncle killed.

Plus Scarfo was backed by the Genovese... and these guys knew all too well what happened when Caponigro had a boss clipped. Phil and Salvie wouldve been found in car trunks just like Tony Bananas. The Chin dont fuck around.

The way I read it: Salvie was killed as a favor to Chuckie, which is why Scarfo was so infuriated later with Chuckie’s drinking. Scarfo felt he did Chuckie this big favor only for him to turn around and embarass him... so he had to knock Chuckie down.

"It wasn't very good parsley to begin with, and then the cat went and peed on it." -Sicilian proverb
Re: Mark Scarfo [Re: Dwalin2011] #975136
07/16/19 05:48 PM
07/16/19 05:48 PM
Serpiente Offline
Underboss
Serpiente  Offline
Underboss
Right on Stubbs

Not just that but plenty of guys Phil did not say a word about. He was not aloud to lie but you bet he had laid ground rules going in .

He wrote his own ticket for most part other then the info the Feds wanted on NY and of course some Philly but trust me he did not tell it all.

And I can not believe he is not doing a movie yet ..... because last year it sure looked like it .....but should not be long.

Last edited by Serpiente; 07/16/19 05:50 PM.

Re: Mark Scarfo [Re: Stubbs] #975159
07/17/19 08:03 AM
07/17/19 08:03 AM
J
JoeTadaro Offline
Made Member
JoeTadaro  Offline
J
Made Member
Originally Posted by Stubbs
Originally Posted by JoeTadaro

No way Phil goes against his uncle. He only ratted on him because he didnt want to do the 40+ years, but no way he has his uncle killed.

Plus Scarfo was backed by the Genovese... and these guys knew all too well what happened when Caponigro had a boss clipped. Phil and Salvie wouldve been found in car trunks just like Tony Bananas. The Chin dont fuck around.

The way I read it: Salvie was killed as a favor to Chuckie, which is why Scarfo was so infuriated later with Chuckie’s drinking. Scarfo felt he did Chuckie this big favor only for him to turn around and embarass him... so he had to knock Chuckie down.

Your right no way chin would have let that slide they def would have got the caponigro treatment

Re: Mark Scarfo [Re: Serpiente] #975160
07/17/19 08:04 AM
07/17/19 08:04 AM
J
JoeTadaro Offline
Made Member
JoeTadaro  Offline
J
Made Member
Originally Posted by Serpiente
Right on Stubbs

Not just that but plenty of guys Phil did not say a word about. He was not aloud to lie but you bet he had laid ground rules going in .

He wrote his own ticket for most part other then the info the Feds wanted on NY and of course some Philly but trust me he did not tell it all.

And I can not believe he is not doing a movie yet ..... because last year it sure looked like it .....but should not be long.

Without going in to detail what kind of stuff did phil leave out of his testimony? And I really hope he does a movie cuz that would be such a great story if it was told properly.

Re: Mark Scarfo [Re: Dwalin2011] #975168
07/17/19 10:55 AM
07/17/19 10:55 AM
Serpiente Offline
Underboss
Serpiente  Offline
Underboss
Without saying names ... look who is kicking up now and if they are over 50 they were still in business and if younger go backwards to see who took there spot. Remember mob don’t let rackets retire . Then there is North Jersey guys you know Phil being underboss knew everything. There were also guys left in western PA and north western PA that are blood and I am not saying there is a family out there I am saying there were / are guys out there and some are blood to current members.

You have to see who married who also because many of them are active .

Think about this, the bust with Sammy who made Sammy and those guys ? Why were they aloud to operate with Skinny knowing what was what and who they were around.

I would not doubt there are more that we have no clue about that have been making $$$ quietly and keeping Skinny in RR and in Etro suites.

You bet Eddie Jacob’s and crew are not taking checks .

I don’t know but I would bet Phil only gave what was negotiating ! I don’t think he just told it all ..... he gave a lot of old shifting that OC bars report but most of those guys were dead or business sold years ago.

Feds most likely wanted NY info to back up what they had , and Phil had to give that to get the deal .

After Stanfa and Skinny stopped the shooting the family started making money and it was from all those that were not given up because otherwise there would of been zero cash for all of them .

Chuckie was probably big in getting many of those guys info to Skinny and company to start kicking.

Last edited by Serpiente; 07/17/19 11:14 AM.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull