GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 105 guests, and 7 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,337
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,703
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,502
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,277
Posts1,057,708
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Is it true 5 FAMILY'S Make New members EVERY Year? [Re: Camarel] #718247
06/02/13 05:19 AM
06/02/13 05:19 AM
E
elmwoodparker Offline
Made Member
elmwoodparker  Offline
E
Made Member
So you're condoning the language he used? I mean some of these New York Posters have stated that the 5 Families in New York were the most powerful and I'm disputing it with evidence by the F.B.I. The Chicago posters don't think much of the New York Posters who keep saying the 5 Families are/were the most powerful in the Country when it is clear that maybe 2 of them along with the Outfit were but certainly not the 3 smaller New York Families. I guess the truth hurts. Why would anyone even take it so personal to use that kind of language? Again, so you're condoning the language he used? Well, if you are, then that says a lot about you.

Last edited by elmwoodparker; 06/02/13 05:21 AM.
Re: Is it true 5 FAMILY'S Make New members EVERY Year? [Re: elmwoodparker] #718249
06/02/13 05:33 AM
06/02/13 05:33 AM
Scotland
Camarel Offline
Underboss
Camarel  Offline
Underboss
Scotland
Originally Posted By: elmwoodparker
So you're condoning the language he used? I mean some of these New York Posters have stated that the 5 Families in New York were the most powerful and I'm disputing it with evidence by the F.B.I. The Chicago posters don't think much of the New York Posters who keep saying the 5 Families are/were the most powerful in the Country when it is clear that maybe 2 of them along with the Outfit were but certainly not the 3 smaller New York Families. I guess the truth hurts. Why would anyone even take it so personal to use that kind of language? Again, so you're condoning the language he used? Well, if you are, then that says a lot about you.

I don't have a clue what kind of language your talking about, i've not read it. I'm not him so i can't speak for him but i'm not condoning it or not, to be honest i couldn't care less. I get that you've not used bad language but you're clearly taking it personal or your just trying to piss people off by posting the same shit in ever thread.

Re: Is it true 5 FAMILY'S Make New members EVERY Year? [Re: elmwoodparker] #718251
06/02/13 05:46 AM
06/02/13 05:46 AM
New York
SC Offline
Consigliere
SC  Offline
Consigliere

New York
So you're condoning the language he used?

OK, let's use some language that everyone understands. If anyone keeps this NY/Chicago feud going they're gonna be going with it. Going right out of here. Do not reply to this warning with any argument! THIS IS YOUR FINAL WARNING! STOP THIS PISSING CONTEST NOW!

Re: Is it true 5 FAMILY'S Make New members EVERY Year? [Re: cookcounty] #718252
06/02/13 06:04 AM
06/02/13 06:04 AM
Latvia
ThePolakVet Offline
Capo
ThePolakVet  Offline
Capo
Latvia
In my opinion, I doubt a FBI agent would write a story about the mob and glorify it to the sky top. There's a reason why most of the mob movies are mostly dramatic and tragic. Especially the one's which are made by law enforcement's hand.

As Five Felonies stated, they didn't show the heroin pipeline, they showed the bad side. Like you know what happens when little 16 year old kids living in a mob neighborhood would see a movie of the mob earning millions and nothing bad happening? NY five families would have now a double sized membership than it has now. I watched this documentary about hip hop stars that were in drug dealing, Snoop Dog in it stated, that the main reason why the amount of drug dealers grew was the Scarface movie. Every guy wanted to be like Tony Montana, because he had everything.

Re: Is it true 5 FAMILY'S Make New members EVERY Year? [Re: ThePolakVet] #718253
06/02/13 06:22 AM
06/02/13 06:22 AM
E
elmwoodparker Offline
Made Member
elmwoodparker  Offline
E
Made Member
Polakvet, You make a decent point. However, this undercover story neither praised nor condoned anyone they were investigating. They simply told what they saw and heard from agent Pistone who actually liked the guys he was investigating. As far as the heroin pipeline, Galante got killed and the heroin was controlled by the Zips, not the Bonnano Family. If you read the F.B.I. Reports called the 'Pizza Connection', the heroin trade was all about the Zips.

Re: Is it true 5 FAMILY'S Make New members EVERY Year? [Re: Five_Felonies] #718261
06/02/13 08:54 AM
06/02/13 08:54 AM
E
elmwoodparker Offline
Made Member
elmwoodparker  Offline
E
Made Member
Five Felonies, Heroin was run by the Zips. Zips killed Galante. Get real.

Last edited by elmwoodparker; 06/02/13 08:57 AM.
Re: Is it true 5 FAMILY'S Make New members EVERY Year? [Re: ThePolakVet] #718288
06/02/13 01:18 PM
06/02/13 01:18 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Originally Posted By: ThePolakVet
Like you know what happens when little 16 year old kids living in a mob neighborhood would see a movie of the mob earning millions and nothing bad happening? NY five families would have now a double sized membership than it has now.

I follow what your saying, PV. But having grown up in a heavily mobbed up area (born in 1959, Belmont, the Bronx), it's been my observation that the kids who grew up outside these neighorhoods were the ones most influenced by the movies.

If you grew up where and when I did, you saw the real thing up close and personal every day of your life. So you knew what a lot of these guys were really like. Once you've witnessed a bunch of goons throw a black guy off a roof during the Saint Anthony feast (true story), just for having the nerve to walk the block, the image of Don Corleone in a tuxedo just doesn't fly anymore.

What I'm basically saying is that it was the kids who grew up in places like Westchester and Long Island who were more prone to adopt a romantacized view after watching a Coppola or Scorsese film.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: Is it true 5 FAMILY'S Make New members EVERY Year? [Re: elmwoodparker] #718308
06/02/13 02:09 PM
06/02/13 02:09 PM
P
PP Offline
Made Member
PP  Offline
P
Made Member
PP, No, absolutely not. Bigger doesn't mean better. IT'S QUALITY that you want, NOT quantity! What good is it to have a bunch of made members, half of whom are rat informers or are almost starving. What good is it?

I just meant in reference to NY. All the FBI reports seem to base power on the number of made guys you have.

Re: Is it true 5 FAMILY'S Make New members EVERY Year? [Re: pizzaboy] #718336
06/02/13 04:14 PM
06/02/13 04:14 PM
Ivan Offline
Underboss
Ivan  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: pizzaboy

What I'm basically saying is that it was the kids who grew up in places like Westchester and Long Island who were more prone to adopt a romantacized view after watching a Coppola or Scorsese film.

You know what would be bizarre? If a kid who grew up like that eventually did join the mob and actually put the romanticization stuff into practice in his mafia career.

Maybe it has started to happen a bit. I remember when Alphonse Trucchio was sentenced, he said "They can't take my honor." To me that sounded more like something from a Puzo novel than something Luciano or Gambino would have ever said.

Re: Is it true 5 FAMILY'S Make New members EVERY Year? [Re: Ivan] #718354
06/02/13 06:45 PM
06/02/13 06:45 PM
S
Scorsese Offline
Underboss
Scorsese  Offline
S
Underboss
Originally Posted By: Ivan
Originally Posted By: pizzaboy

You know what would be bizarre? If a kid who grew up like that eventually did join the mob and actually put the romanticization stuff into practice in his mafia career.

Maybe it has started to happen a bit. I remember when Alphonse Trucchio was sentenced, he said "They can't take my honor." To me that sounded more like something from a Puzo novel than something Luciano or Gambino would have ever said.

i think a major factor with alphonse trucchio is that he was raised in a household where his father was a mobster. That being said his dad seems like the furthest thing away from the godfather.

the honor quote is funny considering he got arrested for trafficking women and drugs.

Re: Is it true 5 FAMILY'S Make New members EVERY Year? [Re: cookcounty] #718420
06/03/13 02:23 AM
06/03/13 02:23 AM
E
elmwoodparker Offline
Made Member
elmwoodparker  Offline
E
Made Member
Cook County, The New York families would make a taxi cab driver if he was Italian and agreed to Kick up a certain amount of money.

Re: Is it true 5 FAMILY'S Make New members EVERY Year? [Re: elmwoodparker] #718422
06/03/13 02:50 AM
06/03/13 02:50 AM
I
IvyLeague Offline
IvyLeague  Offline
I

What's wrong? The truth hurts? Are you saying that Joe Pistone and the entire undercover deal never happened because it doesn't fit into your delusional belief about the New York Families. I don't hate the New York Mafia at all. You notice, I haven't said anything against the Genovese Family. No, I choose to believe the F.B.I. who basically exposed the Bonnano Family as not being very powerful and the other two smaller Families operated the same way. Most made guys did not have very much money and were struggling. That's what the Feds said in their book Donnie Brasco which was a huge undercover investigation. No, some of you new York Fan Boys don't want to accept reality given to you by the Feds. You guys only quote the Feds WHEN IT SERVES YOUR PURPOSE. WHEN YOU START TALKING ABOUT HOW POWERFUL THE OTHER 3 SMALLER Families are in New York, remember all Sonny Black's made guys cracking open parking meters to get some money. That should be your reality.

You choose to believe the FBI? You couldn't care less what the FBI says. Since you came on this board, you've been doing all you can to explain away their membership estimates for the Outfit. This whole thing really is a pissing contest for you. And all you have is some scene in Donnie Brasco. It's sad.

Mods should mind their own business and leave poster's profile signatures alone.
Re: Is it true 5 FAMILY'S Make New members EVERY Year? [Re: IvyLeague] #718435
06/03/13 03:50 AM
06/03/13 03:50 AM
E
elmwoodparker Offline
Made Member
elmwoodparker  Offline
E
Made Member
No Ivy, I'm just repeating your words that you've used in ALL THESE FORUMS FOR A LONG TIME. Even other posters have said that you don't believe anything unless you read it from a

Re: Is it true 5 FAMILY'S Make New members EVERY Year? [Re: cookcounty] #718493
06/03/13 11:50 AM
06/03/13 11:50 AM
M
mulberry Offline
Underboss
mulberry  Offline
M
Underboss
the feds can be wrong. they didnt even know about phil lombardo running the genovese for 15 years. there were estimates that the gambinos had 800 made members. not saying the chicago posters are right but to take the fed reports as the bible on oc is ridiculous. even 50 years later we dont really know who was the chicago boss in the 1960's.

Re: Is it true 5 FAMILY'S Make New members EVERY Year? [Re: mulberry] #718582
06/03/13 06:41 PM
06/03/13 06:41 PM
I
IvyLeague Offline
IvyLeague  Offline
I

Originally Posted By: mulberry
the feds can be wrong. they didnt even know about phil lombardo running the genovese for 15 years. there were estimates that the gambinos had 800 made members. not saying the chicago posters are right but to take the fed reports as the bible on oc is ridiculous. even 50 years later we dont really know who was the chicago boss in the 1960's.

The Lombardo example is one of the relatively few major times the FBI has been wrong. And people shouldn't use it as carte blanche to dismiss the feds whenever they please. Especially from the 1980's and on when the intel became much better. And the FBI never said the Gambinos had 800 members.

Mods should mind their own business and leave poster's profile signatures alone.
Re: Is it true 5 FAMILY'S Make New members EVERY Year? [Re: cookcounty] #718596
06/03/13 07:26 PM
06/03/13 07:26 PM
J
jace Offline
Underboss
jace  Offline
J
Underboss
The FBI may at times purposely put out misinformation to put heat on gangsters, or just be wrong. They are not perfect, but then, who is?

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull