GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
4 registered members (Jimmy_Two_Times, m2w, 2 invisible), 82 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,332
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,698
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,500
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,276
Posts1,057,664
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Tom Selleck's Blue Bloods? #706557
03/27/13 05:22 PM
03/27/13 05:22 PM
B
BaltimoreSteel69 Offline OP
Button
BaltimoreSteel69  Offline OP
B
Button
I kind of like this show!! Interesting, because they make a lot of Mafia references and have written some stories around Mafia characters. There was one episode where the grandfather, a former police commissioner made references to how some of the underworld figures helped the police to solve other non-Mafia related crimes during his era which was circa 50's/60's.

How true was this?

Last edited by BaltimoreSteel69; 03/27/13 05:24 PM.

"Some of those guys, they didn't go off their blocks. They wouldn't go out of their own neighborhoods-I'm talking for fifty years." - Henry Hill
Re: Tom Selleck's Blue Bloods? [Re: BaltimoreSteel69] #706626
03/27/13 08:09 PM
03/27/13 08:09 PM
SEAN_SOUTH Offline
Capo
SEAN_SOUTH  Offline
Capo
The Waltons of Bay Ridge. This show makes me wanna puke. Its a recruiting ad for the NYPD. The Pops and his cranky ways, Magnum and his itty bitty homespun wisdom by the fireplace. Kids are all Cops or DAs and Danny he some take no prisoners commando bullshit so he can do what the fuck he wants and he bends the rules cos hes a tough Irish fuck but he always be pissed cos the perps be in and out of the hole quicker than a stiff cock on a conjugal visit in a prison trailer park. Thats life asshole.

Whats more I'm sick of these moping cops and these shows the justice system cry never lets the cops catch a break. Yeah we get it. Its all the usual all American picket fence bullshit we know the Irish cops are hard ons, the Italian cops be bumbling goofballs owing cabbage to the bookie or pullin some wisecrakin shit that backfires cos they be actin the jerk off chattin up the broad on the streets and the next thing you know he's let a criminal mastermind slip through the cracks cos he got the digits and a big grin on his puss but the commando Irish cop saves the day and makes him look like a douche for thinking with his dick all the time and not searching the handbag for the grenade thats about to become the desert for some Wall Street trader who has a bunny boiler wife with a grudge and a grenade and wants to turn him to soup before he has a chance to finish his damn soup. Then golden boy saves the day and then Pops gives the sermon and then thank you for Sunday lunch and goodnight everybody. Same shit, different week.

Nah, not for me. Dont get me wrong, it aint the worst show I ever saw but even NYPD Blue was better and in truth be told I thought that show sucked ass. Bring back Hill Street Blues thats what I say. Put is simply this is like Desperate Housewives for Irish Cops. I cant believe theres a Sopranos writer attached to this. I'm Irish but I gotts say I dont like this.

'So I say, “Live and let live.” That’s my motto. “Live and let live.” Anyone who can’t go along with that, take him outside and shoot the motherfucker. It’s a simple philosophy, but it’s always worked in our family.'

George Carlin
Re: Tom Selleck's Blue Bloods? [Re: SEAN_SOUTH] #706702
03/28/13 08:27 AM
03/28/13 08:27 AM
B
Button
B
Button
I liked the Waltons!!! Lol.

What about Golden Boy?

Last edited by BaltimoreSteel69; 03/28/13 08:28 AM.

"Some of those guys, they didn't go off their blocks. They wouldn't go out of their own neighborhoods-I'm talking for fifty years." - Henry Hill
Re: Tom Selleck's Blue Bloods? [Re: BaltimoreSteel69] #706716
03/28/13 10:08 AM
03/28/13 10:08 AM
SEAN_SOUTH Offline
Capo
SEAN_SOUTH  Offline
Capo
For me I just had it up to here with the format. Like I say Blue Bloods aint the worst Cop show I ever saw but I got cop show fatigue is all I'm sayin.

As for cops and the mob their path crossed over all the time. For one thing cops be crooked as fuck anyhow, enough rotten barrels in that barrel and they be hitting up corners for shakedowns and all kinds of shit.

In reality any cop that buys that pillar of the community crap that the mob guys were a better class of crook is either deluded or like the pops in the show letting the cobwebs and nostalgia get the better of him.

If mob guys were ratting out other guys it was out of self-preservation or to reel a cop in who might be dumb enough to buy this crap and then cut his guys some slack when they jammed up a tight spot one day. Or maybe he look the other way and next minute he on the payroll.

All crooks would look down on certain types of slime like the sex offences and punks who rob old ladies and shit but I don't buy this hook that mob guys had some more elevated morality status than your average crook.

They may have had have more status than a street punk but if a cop really bought the crap that he was any different in mentality then it was cos he wanted to believe it not because he weighed up all the pros and cons and thought "Hey these guys got class, they aint so bad after all, I got tickets for Sinatra think I'll start spreading the news".

Not happenin to any poster boy purer than thou by the book is the book cop no way. Not to any straight cop who got his had screwed on, thats a fact. You swayed by any of that shit cos you wanna be.

What is true is that cops get swayed by their environment. Connolly was in awe of Bulger and back in the early days of the mob there was a thin line between the law and the mob and more cops than not were on the take. Many still are today no doubt.

Any cop has the potential to become recruited into crime. In New York some have even robbed banks and shit and set up jobs. They just as liable to be a crook as anyone.

Look at California and the RAMPART investigation. SOme of them cops thought they was piro bloods. Bet to them they saw the bloods the same way some cops saw the mob.

Thats just the way it goes, everyone like to see good in their own people, and i aint talkin italian, DOminican, irish or whatever but just guys from the neighborhood. A cop from the neighborhood is more likely to give another guy from the neighborhood a break way i see it.

'So I say, “Live and let live.” That’s my motto. “Live and let live.” Anyone who can’t go along with that, take him outside and shoot the motherfucker. It’s a simple philosophy, but it’s always worked in our family.'

George Carlin
Re: Tom Selleck's Blue Bloods? [Re: SEAN_SOUTH] #706739
03/28/13 01:46 PM
03/28/13 01:46 PM
S
Scorsese Offline
Underboss
Scorsese  Offline
S
Underboss
i found this recent story about the feds investigating mt vernon cops ties to street gangs.
http://newyork.newsday.com/news/nation/m...gangs-1.4694924

Re: Tom Selleck's Blue Bloods? [Re: BaltimoreSteel69] #706749
03/28/13 02:36 PM
03/28/13 02:36 PM
B
Button
B
Button

" In New York some have even robbed banks and shit and set up jobs. They just as liable to be a crook as anyone."

DAMN!!!

Re: Tom Selleck's Blue Bloods? [Re: BaltimoreSteel69] #706752
03/28/13 03:02 PM
03/28/13 03:02 PM
On the toilet
EastHarlemItal Offline
BANNED
EastHarlemItal  Offline
BANNED
Underboss
On the toilet
I watch the show to see Bridgit Moynanhan!

Last edited by EastHarlemItal; 03/28/13 03:11 PM.

"Because I'm the Boss"

Tony Salerno
Re: Tom Selleck's Blue Bloods? [Re: EastHarlemItal] #706768
03/28/13 04:36 PM
03/28/13 04:36 PM
B
Button
B
Button

Yeah, she's fine!!!

Originally Posted By: EastHarlemItal
I watch the show to see Bridgit Moynanhan!

Re: Tom Selleck's Blue Bloods? [Re: BaltimoreSteel69] #706804
03/28/13 07:57 PM
03/28/13 07:57 PM
Brooklyn, New York
Dapper_Don Offline
Underboss
Dapper_Don  Offline
Underboss
Brooklyn, New York
I enjoy the show, its no NYPD Blue but its good in its own right.

Tommy Shots: They want me running the family, don't they know I have a young wife?
Sal Vitale: (laughs) Tommy, jump in, the water's fine.

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull