GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (Brovelli), 114 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,337
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,703
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,502
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,277
Posts1,057,706
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 31 of 155 1 2 29 30 31 32 33 154 155
Re: Why the mob war in Montreal may be far from over [Re: antimafia] #903964
01/06/17 12:10 PM
01/06/17 12:10 PM
S
SinatraClub Offline
Underboss
SinatraClub  Offline
S
Underboss
Who are the "calabrians" Laurentian is referring to though? He says the Montreal Mafia is done, and cites the lack of structure present during the reigns of Rizzuto & Cotroni. And he cites Lorenzo Giordano's death as one of those of the Sicilian clan, Giordano wasn't Sicilian and was an ally of Frank Arcadi & Francesco Del Balso from all I've assumed. And he writes as if Calabrians were not a part of the Montreal Mafia, when they in fact were, yet the Montreal Mafia is done, and the Calabrians are in a comfortable position to take power. Whom are these "Calabrians" are they 'Ndrangheta? Or are they the Calabrians and others of non-Sicilian descent, those whom were already a functioning part of the Montreal Mafia? Guys like Arcadi, etc.

Re: Why the mob war in Montreal may be far from over [Re: antimafia] #903965
01/06/17 12:17 PM
01/06/17 12:17 PM
Canada
E
eurodave Offline
Capo
eurodave  Offline
E
Capo
Canada
Once again, French Canadian media and police use terms like Calabrian and Sicilian factions to simplify things and make headlines.

It would be comparable to using Bloods vs Crips or Cali vs Medellin etc....There are various clans in Montreal operating and formerly, the inner circle of the Rizzuto family was in power, so most of those other clans would answer to them. Laurentian and others won't go into that detail when writing an article for the press.

It's easier and more eye-catchy to write Les Siciliens vs Calabrais.

Mirarchi-Desjardins-Di Maulo group was mixed, composing of multiple ethnicities, Calabrian, French, Irish, Sicilians.

Arcuri-Montagna group was also mixed but mostly Sicilian, fighting another Sicilian clan, the Rizzutos

The list goes on

Last edited by eurodave; 01/06/17 12:19 PM.
Re: Why the mob war in Montreal may be far from over [Re: eurodave] #903972
01/06/17 01:26 PM
01/06/17 01:26 PM
C
cdn_wiseguy Offline
Button
cdn_wiseguy  Offline
C
Button
Agreed. I hate the term Calabrian vs Sicilian. I think that term was more prominent when it was Violi vs Rizzuto 30 years ago.

Desjardins/Mirarchi/DiMaulo were mixed
Montagna/Arcuri/Gallo were mixed
Rizzuto/Sollecito/Arcadi/[BadWord] were mixed

Maybe they still use that term because one group had backing of Ontario Calabrians and the term indicates an international conflict? Montreal itself doesn't seem to align as easily as the media portrays it.

Re: Why the mob war in Montreal may be far from over [Re: cdn_wiseguy] #903975
01/06/17 02:26 PM
01/06/17 02:26 PM
A
antimafia Offline OP
Underboss
antimafia  Offline OP
A
Underboss
Some of you may have watched the video to which I've linked below when TVA Nouvelles had a report shortly after the murder attempt on Raynald Desjardins in September 2011.

http://www.tvanouvelles.ca/videos/1168533220001

I saw the news report live at the time, but this was only because I was scanning the French-language TV channels for information about the attempt. You may want to fast forward to the 1:40 mark to hear the two organized-crime experts give their take on why Desjardins was attacked.

Claude Poirier theorized that there was an attempt on Desjardins either because 1) Desjardins failed to defend the Rizzutos' interests when Vito was locked up, or 2) Desjardins did not want to pay some type of tribute to the new crime group hypothesized to have taken over in Montreal, a group that was supposedly based in Hamilton.

We are now fairly certain that the attack on Desjardins came from the Montagna camp (even though Montagna denied this), but if one day we ever find out that Poirier's second theory back in 2011 is true in whole or in part, this means that the Desjardins-Mirarchi group, which likely had backing from the GTA Siderno Group, was in conflict with Violi's sons and the others who backed the sons (given the Luppino-Violi group has likely never inducted people who weren't related to Giacomo Luppino by blood or marriage, the group has to be relatively small even today; if you don't agree, please provide some proof of this group's large size).

It took me a long time to accept that elements of the Siderno Group in the GTA were the Calabrians who got on board with Sal Montagna and Desjardins to decimate the Montreal Mafia's Sicilian leadership (Nick Rizzuto Sr., Paolo Renda, Agostino Cun trera). In my opinion, there has been relatively little information made available to the public about the possible involvement of Paolo Violi's sons in the mayhem when compared with the information about Siderno Group figures who appeared to have played a part in the turmoil.

The desire of Violi's sons to see Nick Sr., Renda, Cun trera, and Vito Rizzuto dead was probably nurtured from a young age, but the actual evidence is scant that the sons were involved in plotting murders of those first three names. Seems as though Violi's sons were passive and were probably more than glad to have other people kill the Sicilians rather than having to do so themselves. I know I'm not the only one who believes that if the sons wanted the Sicilians killed because of a "vendetta," there was no obligation on the sons' part to get permission to kill made men or pay others to do so. Therefore, the sons wouldn't even need to consult senior GTA Siderno Group figures, although it would have been a good idea. The Commisso brothers and other members of the GTA Siderno Group in the 1970s did not have a good relationship with Paolo Violi and Violi's brothers--Paolo Violi's death meant the removal of a significant rival. (Remember, that when Rosetta Commisso married Domenico Luppino in 1972, the Commissos intermarried with the Luppinos, not with the Violis.)

When we look at the information available to us at this point about Salvatore Calautti's or Nicola Cortese's possible involvement in the murder of Nick Sr., we know that law enforcement had to release Cortese because of a lack of evidence; that law enforcement didn't even have any proof that Calautti was in Quebec at the time of the murder; that the murder of Nick Sr. was a long-range shooting rather than what was reported in newspaper articles at the time and in the epilogue to Mafia inc.; and that despite Calautti's reportedly bragging that he killed Nick Sr., Toronto police believe that the sniper who killed crime figure Clinton Yow Foo in Toronto may have also killed Nick Sr.

The reports last December that Michel Cotroni and Domenico Violi (Paolo's older son) were among the approximately 20 guests who met at the Linguini restaurant last October were the first reports of any Cotroni ever being suspected of foul play in relation to the ongoing Montreal mob war. If there is an alliance in place between the Violi sons and the Cotronis, have law enforcement, certain crime reporters, and certain organized-crime authors been suggesting that this group was behind the murders of Rocco Sollecito, Lorenzo Giordano, and Vincenzo Spagnolo? behind the bungled attempt to murder old Cotroni-Violi group member Tony Vanelli? Would any new Cotroni-Violi alliance go after any old Cotroni-Violi group members who have either stayed neutral in the war or sided with the so-called le clan sicilien?

Re: Why the mob war in Montreal may be far from over [Re: cdn_wiseguy] #904022
01/06/17 05:27 PM
01/06/17 05:27 PM
Sonny_Black Offline
Underboss
Sonny_Black  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: cdn_wiseguy
The pick up in fire bombings and threats reminds me of the year leading up to Vito Rizzuto's release from prison. Vito's opponents were methodical, for the first few years, but just prior to his release things picked up. Opponents rushed and tried to fully have everything under control before he got out so that he couldn't mount a come back.

I noticed that too. A lot of firebombings aimed at predominantly Arcuri businesses that were attributed to the De Vito clan. A large chunk of that crew was busted just before Rizzuto returned.

"It was between the brothers Kay -- I had nothing to do with it."
Re: Why the mob war in Montreal may be far from over [Re: antimafia] #904027
01/06/17 06:11 PM
01/06/17 06:11 PM
C
Ciment Offline
Ciment  Offline
C

I respectfully disagree with your analysis:

Claude Poirier's second theory is not valid and you admit it yourself, the attack came from the Montagna camp. Then you kind of lost me when you say in the next paragraph that if the second theory is true ? There is no proof that it is and I say also provide me the proof. With regards to Luppino not having a big family is subjective. Ndrangheta is based on blood ties and alliances made with other families and having marriage ties to the biggest Ndrangheta family in the GTA is proof enough that you don't mess with them. Then you lost me again when you talk about the marriage relation between the Luppino's and the Commisso's and make a distinction with the Violi's. The children from that marriage would make the Violi's cousins.
With regards to permission, Violi's alone would not be strong enough to take out a powerful clan like the Rizzuto's they would need the backing from the GTA and the coup would affect the GTA clans,that is why permission is needed.
In the Vanelli attempted murder, this could of come from other groups including the Rizzuto clan among others, we don't know.
I also don't find it a coincidence that different members from the Rizzuto rival clans visited Hamilton & Toronto Ndrangheta clans.
Why would they be consulting if not for the reason of collusion.
The Ndrangheta promotes expansion, that is why they are based in several countries and I do not see why they would hold back on Montreal. By the same token, I do not see the Sicilian clan go away because they believe in blood ties also and there are plenty living in Montreal and Laval to select new recruits. At the moment the momentum is not with them and there will probably be new people taking control or sharing the proceeds of crime with other OC groups which will include the Ndrangheta.

Last edited by Ciment; 01/06/17 07:22 PM.
Re: Why the mob war in Montreal may be far from over [Re: eurodave] #904037
01/06/17 07:49 PM
01/06/17 07:49 PM
H
Hollander Offline
Hollander  Offline
H

Originally Posted By: eurodave
Once again, French Canadian media and police use terms like Calabrian and Sicilian factions to simplify things and make headlines.

It would be comparable to using Bloods vs Crips or Cali vs Medellin etc....There are various clans in Montreal operating and formerly, the inner circle of the Rizzuto family was in power, so most of those other clans would answer to them. Laurentian and others won't go into that detail when writing an article for the press.

It's easier and more eye-catchy to write Les Siciliens vs Calabrais.

Mirarchi-Desjardins-Di Maulo group was mixed, composing of multiple ethnicities, Calabrian, French, Irish, Sicilians.

Arcuri-Montagna group was also mixed but mostly Sicilian, fighting another Sicilian clan, the Rizzutos

The list goes on

You're right, but we can always ask him to clarify. wink
I wonder if some of the factions are on speaking terms or if some people are trying to get the "Consortium" back in place.

Last edited by Hollander; 01/06/17 07:50 PM.

"The king is dead, long live the king!"
Re: Why the mob war in Montreal may be far from over [Re: antimafia] #904040
01/06/17 08:15 PM
01/06/17 08:15 PM
Canada
E
eurodave Offline
Capo
eurodave  Offline
E
Capo
Canada
For what it's worth and I mean take this with a grain of salt, basically what the journal de montreal was saying about the Violi Cotroni meeting in October and their potential takeover is likely, from what I heard.

The Calabrians are apparently getting rid of anyone who gets in the way.

Last edited by eurodave; 01/06/17 08:16 PM.
Re: Why the mob war in Montreal may be far from over [Re: antimafia] #904053
01/06/17 09:56 PM
01/06/17 09:56 PM
Mammola
S
Stu_Katz Offline
Wiseguy
Stu_Katz  Offline
S
Wiseguy
Mammola
Originally Posted By: antimafia
Some of you may have watched the video to which I've linked below when TVA Nouvelles had a report shortly after the murder attempt on Raynald Desjardins in September 2011.

http://www.tvanouvelles.ca/videos/1168533220001

I saw the news report live at the time, but this was only because I was scanning the French-language TV channels for information about the attempt. You may want to fast forward to the 1:40 mark to hear the two organized-crime experts give their take on why Desjardins was attacked.

Claude Poirier theorized that there was an attempt on Desjardins either because 1) Desjardins failed to defend the Rizzutos' interests when Vito was locked up, or 2) Desjardins did not want to pay some type of tribute to the new crime group hypothesized to have taken over in Montreal, a group that was supposedly based in Hamilton.

We are now fairly certain that the attack on Desjardins came from the Montagna camp (even though Montagna denied this), but if one day we ever find out that Poirier's second theory back in 2011 is true in whole or in part, this means that the Desjardins-Mirarchi group, which likely had backing from the GTA Siderno Group, was in conflict with Violi's sons and the others who backed the sons (given the Luppino-Violi group has likely never inducted people who weren't related to Giacomo Luppino by blood or marriage, the group has to be relatively small even today; if you don't agree, please provide some proof of this group's large size).

It took me a long time to accept that elements of the Siderno Group in the GTA were the Calabrians who got on board with Sal Montagna and Desjardins to decimate the Montreal Mafia's Sicilian leadership (Nick Rizzuto Sr., Paolo Renda, Agostino Cun trera). In my opinion, there has been relatively little information made available to the public about the possible involvement of Paolo Violi's sons in the mayhem when compared with the information about Siderno Group figures who appeared to have played a part in the turmoil.

The desire of Violi's sons to see Nick Sr., Renda, Cun trera, and Vito Rizzuto dead was probably nurtured from a young age, but the actual evidence is scant that the sons were involved in plotting murders of those first three names. Seems as though Violi's sons were passive and were probably more than glad to have other people kill the Sicilians rather than having to do so themselves. I know I'm not the only one who believes that if the sons wanted the Sicilians killed because of a "vendetta," there was no obligation on the sons' part to get permission to kill made men or pay others to do so. Therefore, the sons wouldn't even need to consult senior GTA Siderno Group figures, although it would have been a good idea. The Commisso brothers and other members of the GTA Siderno Group in the 1970s did not have a good relationship with Paolo Violi and Violi's brothers--Paolo Violi's death meant the removal of a significant rival. (Remember, that when Rosetta Commisso married Domenico Luppino in 1972, the Commissos intermarried with the Luppinos, not with the Violis.)

When we look at the information available to us at this point about Salvatore Calautti's or Nicola Cortese's possible involvement in the murder of Nick Sr., we know that law enforcement had to release Cortese because of a lack of evidence; that law enforcement didn't even have any proof that Calautti was in Quebec at the time of the murder; that the murder of Nick Sr. was a long-range shooting rather than what was reported in newspaper articles at the time and in the epilogue to Mafia inc.; and that despite Calautti's reportedly bragging that he killed Nick Sr., Toronto police believe that the sniper who killed crime figure Clinton Yow Foo in Toronto may have also killed Nick Sr.

The reports last December that Michel Cotroni and Domenico Violi (Paolo's older son) were among the approximately 20 guests who met at the Linguini restaurant last October were the first reports of any Cotroni ever being suspected of foul play in relation to the ongoing Montreal mob war. If there is an alliance in place between the Violi sons and the Cotronis, have law enforcement, certain crime reporters, and certain organized-crime authors been suggesting that this group was behind the murders of Rocco Sollecito, Lorenzo Giordano, and Vincenzo Spagnolo? behind the bungled attempt to murder old Cotroni-Violi group member Tony Vanelli? Would any new Cotroni-Violi alliance go after any old Cotroni-Violi group members who have either stayed neutral in the war or sided with the so-called le clan sicilien?

Interesting theory, just wanted to that frank cotroni is married to the late Joe DImaulo's daughter.

Re: Why the mob war in Montreal may be far from over [Re: antimafia] #904054
01/06/17 10:07 PM
01/06/17 10:07 PM
Mammola
S
Stu_Katz Offline
Wiseguy
Stu_Katz  Offline
S
Wiseguy
Mammola
Originally Posted By: Hollander
Which part they came from is nice to know, but it doesn't really matter like it didn't matter Gotti was a neapolitan and his underboss Gravano a sicilian.

I understand what you mean, but the misinformation about where the past and present Montrealers descend is repeatedly spread through books, articles, blog posts, forums, tweets, etc.

If the D'Amicos, Piccirilli, Franco Mattoso, the Di Maulos, and others have been misidentified as Calabrians and continue to be, then we all have to revisit our theories and, perhaps, look for the nuances in the relationships between two or more mobsters, two or more Italian criminal groups, two or more mafia factions within a criminal group, and two or more mafie.

Bloodlines only went as far as Rizzuto's inner circle.As for the rest, being Sicilian wasn't a prerequisite. All types of Italians were involved. As they say no one's born into LCN, rather made.
The dranghetta is another animal all together for it is based bloodline ( being born one).That's what makes it more tough to crack.

Re: Why the mob war in Montreal may be far from over [Re: eurodave] #904074
01/07/17 08:44 AM
01/07/17 08:44 AM
H
Hollander Offline
Hollander  Offline
H

Originally Posted By: eurodave
For what it's worth and I mean take this with a grain of salt, basically what the journal de montreal was saying about the Violi Cotroni meeting in October and their potential takeover is likely, from what I heard.

The Calabrians are apparently getting rid of anyone who gets in the way.

At the end everybody has to pick a side Rizzuto or Cotroni.

Re: Why the mob war in Montreal may be far from over [Re: Ciment] #904076
01/07/17 09:27 AM
01/07/17 09:27 AM
H
Hollander Offline
Hollander  Offline
H

Originally Posted By: Ciment

The Ndrangheta promotes expansion, that is why they are based in several countries and I do not see why they would hold back on Montreal.

We are already talking about 1000(!) locali world wide.

Re: Why the mob war in Montreal may be far from over [Re: Stu_Katz] #904090
01/07/17 01:05 PM
01/07/17 01:05 PM
S
SinatraClub Offline
Underboss
SinatraClub  Offline
S
Underboss
Originally Posted By: Stu_Katz
Which part they came from is nice to know, but it doesn't really matter like it didn't matter Gotti was a neapolitan and his underboss Gravano a sicilian.

I understand what you mean, but the misinformation about where the past and present Montrealers descend is repeatedly spread through books, articles, blog posts, forums, tweets, etc.

If the D'Amicos, Piccirilli, Franco Mattoso, the Di Maulos, and others have been misidentified as Calabrians and continue to be, then we all have to revisit our theories and, perhaps, look for the nuances in the relationships between two or more mobsters, two or more Italian criminal groups, two or more mafia factions within a criminal group, and two or more mafie.

Bloodlines only went as far as Rizzuto's inner circle.As for the rest, being Sicilian wasn't a prerequisite. All types of Italians were involved. As they say no one's born into LCN, rather made.
The dranghetta is another animal all together for it is based bloodline ( being born one).That's what makes it more tough to crack.

Not true. As seen with the Di Maulo/De Vito/Desjardins connection. Much of the core of that alliance was fueled by intermarriage, thus blood lines.

And I think Antimafia may be on to something. Would be really astonishing if the Cotroni sons in collaboration with the Violi kids, are the "Calabrians" some of these articles are referring to.

Re: Why the mob war in Montreal may be far from over [Re: antimafia] #904093
01/07/17 01:30 PM
P
pmac Offline
pmac  Offline
P

Say what you want about the usa lcn but i doubt they ever fire bombed a ladys hair salon to strike fear in the wives heads. Crazy low down shit. But usa dont fuck around with arson in federal court they smoke people for it.

Re: Why the mob war in Montreal may be far from over [Re: antimafia] #904094
P
pmac Offline
pmac  Offline
P

Get less time shooting it up.

Re: Why the mob war in Montreal may be far from over [Re: antimafia] #904096
01/07/17 01:55 PM
01/07/17 01:55 PM
Canada
E
eurodave Offline
Capo
eurodave  Offline
E
Capo
Canada
More insight by Renaud on the latest molotovs:

http://www.lapresse.ca/actualites/justic...61_section_POS5

Re: Why the mob war in Montreal may be far from over [Re: SinatraClub] #904097
01/07/17 01:59 PM
01/07/17 01:59 PM
Sonny_Black Offline
Underboss
Sonny_Black  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: SinatraClub
Originally Posted By: Stu_Katz

Not true. As seen with the Di Maulo/De Vito/Desjardins connection. Much of the core of that alliance was fueled by intermarriage, thus blood lines.

And I think Antimafia may be on to something. Would be really astonishing if the Cotroni sons in collaboration with the Violi kids, are the "Calabrians" some of these articles are referring to.

It's more than likely a new consortium of factions. Remnants of Mirarchi, Desjardins, Di Maulo, Cotroni and Violi. Perhaps add the Scoppas to the mix.

Still not sure why the RCMP is saying that there's no sign of a mob war. There's at least enough violence as there was in 2010 with big names getting killed. Maybe they mean it's one sided, or maybe there's an unorganized reorganization taking place and it's still unclear who's going to be out on top, perhaps similar to the years between 2006 and 2010. We'll know more when Arcadi and Del Balso return to the streets.

"It was between the brothers Kay -- I had nothing to do with it."
Re: Why the mob war in Montreal may be far from over [Re: Sonny_Black] #904098
01/07/17 03:14 PM
01/07/17 03:14 PM
Alabama
D
dixiemafia Offline
ROLL TIDE!!!!!
dixiemafia  Offline
ROLL TIDE!!!!!
D
Underboss
Alabama
Originally Posted By: pmac
Say what you want about the usa lcn but i doubt they ever fire bombed a ladys hair salon to strike fear in the wives heads. Crazy low down shit. But usa dont fuck around with arson in federal court they smoke people for it.

My bet is the wife just owned it in name only. I'd be surprised if women were piling in there getting their hair done.

Originally Posted By: Sonny_Black
There's at least enough violence as there was in 2010 with big names getting killed. Maybe they mean it's one sided, or maybe there's an unorganized reorganization taking place and it's still unclear who's going to be out on top, perhaps similar to the years between 2006 and 2010. We'll know more when Arcadi and Del Balso return to the streets.

Agreed. I mean someone like Rocco Sollecito, who was THE BIGGEST Rizzuto player on the street at the time, gets killed at the Mounties think there is no mob war? Doesn't make sense.

And man how long they going to hold Arcadi and Del Balso? They should be getting out any time soon. Anyone heard a date?

Last edited by dixiemafia; 01/07/17 03:15 PM.
Re: Why the mob war in Montreal may be far from over [Re: antimafia] #904102
01/07/17 03:33 PM
01/07/17 03:33 PM
P
pmac Offline
pmac  Offline
P

Yaeh dixie u rite. My girls tells me its cost her abouy 250$ for a cuttn color every few months. Thats a good way to wash some gambling proceeds and claims taxes on 20 chicks a day getn cutts n dyes. But tossing fire bombs at there shops is dry snitching. Seems like they just kill it other up there so why have the cops looking into the wives biz. But theres no rules up there seems anything goes in that war nothing off limits. And it goes back to them killing that last violi at his dinner table by a sniper. The same thing happens to nick rizzuto 30yrs later at his dinner table karmas a bitch.

Re: Why the mob war in Montreal may be far from over [Re: Sonny_Black] #904113
01/07/17 05:17 PM
01/07/17 05:17 PM
S
SinatraClub Offline
Underboss
SinatraClub  Offline
S
Underboss
Originally Posted By: Sonny_Black

It's more than likely a new consortium of factions. Remnants of Mirarchi, Desjardins, Di Maulo, Cotroni and Violi. Perhaps add the Scoppas to the mix.

Still not sure why the RCMP is saying that there's no sign of a mob war. There's at least enough violence as there was in 2010 with big names getting killed. Maybe they mean it's one sided, or maybe there's an unorganized reorganization taking place and it's still unclear who's going to be out on top, perhaps similar to the years between 2006 and 2010. We'll know more when Arcadi and Del Balso return to the streets.

Agreed.

Re: Why the mob war in Montreal may be far from over [Re: antimafia] #904129
01/07/17 09:02 PM
01/07/17 09:02 PM
H
Hollander Offline
Hollander  Offline
H

Has it ever been confirmed that Angelo D'Onofrio was killed by mistake?

Last edited by Hollander; 01/07/17 10:30 PM.

Re: Why the mob war in Montreal may be far from over [Re: antimafia] #904212
01/09/17 08:00 AM
01/09/17 08:00 AM
C
Ciment Offline
Ciment  Offline
C

http://www.lapresse.ca/actualites/justic...une-semaine.php

Arson at hair salon again,a bakery,a dairy and a convenient store completely destroyed by fire. Hair salon is owned by the wife of Carmelo Cannistraro.

Re: Why the mob war in Montreal may be far from over [Re: antimafia] #904215
01/09/17 09:03 AM
01/09/17 09:03 AM
Canada
E
eurodave Offline
Capo
eurodave  Offline
E
Capo
Canada
Imagine all the poor mafioso wife's that have to cancel their appointments ;(

Re: Why the mob war in Montreal may be far from over [Re: antimafia] #904218
01/09/17 09:41 AM
01/09/17 09:41 AM
C
Ciment Offline
Ciment  Offline
C

What's worse is the mafioso that has to go home to his pissed off wife because she didn't get her hair done.

Re: Why the mob war in Montreal may be far from over [Re: antimafia] #904219
01/09/17 09:51 AM
01/09/17 09:51 AM
C
Ciment Offline
Ciment  Offline
C

They seem to be very aggressive this time around. 2017....Four fires in nine days. From what the article says it looks like the strip mall was destroyed.

Someone read the book "The Prince"

"If an injury has to be done to a man it should be so severe that his vengeance need not be feared."

Niccolo Machiavelli.

Re: Why the mob war in Montreal may be far from over [Re: antimafia] #904221
01/09/17 10:02 AM
01/09/17 10:02 AM
Canada
E
eurodave Offline
Capo
eurodave  Offline
E
Capo
Canada
It seems to revolve around the book, Carmelo has control or partial control of it and he may be one of the last pieces to the puzzle.

I was reading some old articles on Colisee and at one point Cannistraro and Del Balso gave Giordano a Ferrari 550 as a gift, circa 2003.

How times have changed....Cannistraro was def part of the inner circle

Re: Why the mob war in Montreal may be far from over [Re: eurodave] #904235
01/09/17 12:10 PM
01/09/17 12:10 PM
C
cdn_wiseguy Offline
Button
cdn_wiseguy  Offline
C
Button
I think you're right Eurodave. Sounds like the group in opposition has not been able to get control of the book, which the Arcadi group seems to be in control of. The increase in attacks suggest that the opposition group is trying desperately to get their hands on the book before Arcadi and Del Baso get out of prison

Re: Why the mob war in Montreal may be far from over [Re: antimafia] #904236
01/09/17 12:22 PM
01/09/17 12:22 PM
C
Ciment Offline
Ciment  Offline
C

http://montrealgazette.com/news/local-ne...y-fire-in-laval

Here is another article. Damages look a lot more extensive.

Re: Why the mob war in Montreal may be far from over [Re: antimafia] #904237
01/09/17 12:34 PM
01/09/17 12:34 PM
C
Ciment Offline
Ciment  Offline
C

That must be the book (mentioned in Business or Blood) Gallo had at one point which included info. on mortgages, financial records, banking information, names and addresses of gamblers and their parents and relatives.
This way they know who to go see if they don't pay up.

Re: Why the mob war in Montreal may be far from over [Re: antimafia] #904238
01/09/17 12:38 PM
01/09/17 12:38 PM
Canada
E
eurodave Offline
Capo
eurodave  Offline
E
Capo
Canada
It will be interesting who will get clipped next as all these molotovs are pointing in one direction.

How many big names are left?

Page 31 of 155 1 2 29 30 31 32 33 154 155

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull