GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
2 registered members (SalB, 1 invisible), 125 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,415
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,815
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,505
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,301
Posts1,058,193
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Montreal Mafia deaths list? #693824
02/01/13 01:39 PM
02/01/13 01:39 PM
naples,italy
furio_from_naples Offline OP
furio_from_naples  Offline OP

naples,italy
Anyone has a list of the victim of the Montreal Mafia War from 2009 until today ?

Last edited by furio_from_naples; 02/01/13 01:40 PM.
Re: Montreal Mafia deaths list? [Re: furio_from_naples] #693864
02/01/13 05:35 PM
02/01/13 05:35 PM
A
azguy Offline
Underboss
azguy  Offline
A
Underboss
There's a few on here if you do some searches, I bet they are not 100% complete but they aren't bad...

"In onore della Famiglia la Famiglia e' aperta"
Re: Montreal Mafia deaths list? [Re: furio_from_naples] #693871
02/01/13 06:30 PM
02/01/13 06:30 PM
Balkans
Strax Offline
Underboss
Strax  Offline
Underboss
Balkans
U already made thread like this,i posted some list its not complete but well try to find it.

"A fish with his mouth closed never get's caught"
Re: Montreal Mafia deaths list? [Re: furio_from_naples] #693882
02/01/13 07:22 PM
02/01/13 07:22 PM
Baltimore, MD
F
ForgettableName Offline
Wiseguy
ForgettableName  Offline
F
Wiseguy
Baltimore, MD
I posted this a little while back. It has since been updated.

Deaths in the Montreal Mafia War 2008 - Present

• Tonino Callocchia, 51, Shot and Wounded - February 2013
• Vincenzo Scuderi, 49, Shot to Death – January 2013
• Gaétan Gosselin, 69, Shot to Death – January 2013
• Domenico Facchina, 37, Shot to Death – December 2012
• Giuseppe Fetta, 33, Shot and Wounded - December 2012
• Emilio Cordileone, 50, Shot to Death – December 2012
• Tony Gensale, 43, Shot to Death - November 2012
• Mohamed Awada, 47, Shot to Death - November 2012
• Joe Di Maulo , 70, Shot to Death – November 2012
• Pierre-Paul Fortier, 27, Shot to Death, Possibly Unrelated to Montreal Mafia War – October 2012
• Frederick Murdock, 33, Shot to Death, Possibly Unrelated to Montreal Mafia War – October 2012
• Vincent Pietrantonio, 53, Shot and Wounded, Possibly Unrelated to Montreal Mafia War - October 2012
• Tommy Pietrantonio, 28, Shot and Wounded, Possibly Unrelated to Montreal Mafia War - October 2012
• Domenico Arcuri Sr. , 79, Died Suspiciously – October 2012
• Ben Zaid Moez Ben Ali, 34, Shot to Death, Possibly an Innocent Civilian – August 2012
• Marco Lafratta, 24, Shot and Wounded - August 2012
• Riccardo Ruffolo, 34, Shot to Death – August 2012
• Chenier Dupuy, 37, Shot to Death, Possibly Unrelated to Montreal Mafia War – August 2012
• Lamartine Paul Severe, 42, Shot to Death, Possibly Unrelated to Montreal Mafia War - August 2012
• Walter Ricardo Gutierrez, 60, Shot to Death – July 2012
• Giuseppe "Joe" Renda, 53, “Missing” – May 2012
• Salvatore Silletta, 49, Shot To Death – March 2012
• Giuseppe "Closure" Colapelle, 38, Shot To Death – March 2012
• Steven Laporte, 39, Shot To Death – March 2012
• Antonio (Tony Suzuki) Pietrantonio, 48, Shot and Wounded – December 2011
• Salvatore "Sal the Ironworker" Montagna, 40, Shot to Death – November 2011
• Lorenzo "Larry" Lopresti , 40, Shot To Death – October 2011
• Raynald Desjardins, 60, Shot At – September 2011
• Antonio Di Salvo, 44, Shot To Death – February 2011
• Rita Biasini, 50, Shot At - February 2011
• Nicolo Rizzuto, 86, Shot To Death – November 2010
• Ennio Bruni, 36, Shot To Death – September 2010
• Agostino Cun-trera, 66, Shot To Death – June 2010
• Liborio Sciascia, 40, Shot To Death – June 2010
• Paolo Renda, 70, “Missing” – May 2010
• Ducarme Joseph, 43, Shot At In Suspected Dispute With Montreal Mafia– March 2010
• Peter Christopoulos, 27, (Bodyguard of Ducarme Joseph), Shot To Death – March 2010
• Nick Rizzuto Jr., 43, Shot To Death – December 2009
• Fredrico Del Peschio , 59, Shot To Death - August 2009
• Dany de Gregorio, 43, Shot and Wounded – June 2009
• Sam Fasulo, 37, Shot To Death - January 2009
• Mario (Skinny) Marabella, 40, “Missing” – December 2008

The name is forgettable, I hope the posts are not.
Re: Montreal Mafia deaths list? [Re: furio_from_naples] #693886
02/01/13 07:52 PM
02/01/13 07:52 PM
Ireland
DonMega Offline
Capo
DonMega  Offline
Capo
Ireland
wow i had no idea that many guys been missing or whacked thanks, now name the shooters lol

Re: Montreal Mafia deaths list? [Re: furio_from_naples] #693900
02/01/13 08:41 PM
02/01/13 08:41 PM
Canada
G
Giordano Offline
Button
Giordano  Offline
G
Button
Canada
In Mafia Inc. they think the event that started bad blood goes back to August 2005 when Giovanni "Johnny" Bertolo was killed. Bertolo was close to Desjardins and Di Maulo and they believed Francesco Arcadi the Rizzuto's top Calabrian ordered that hit.

A year later In August Arcadi's nephew Domenic Marci was killed and police believed it was revenge from Desjardins. From this event on there has been almost constant tit for tat in Montreal.

Re: Montreal Mafia deaths list? [Re: furio_from_naples] #693917
02/01/13 09:41 PM
02/01/13 09:41 PM
tommykarate Offline
Underboss
tommykarate  Offline
Underboss
Wow so are all the pietrantonios that were shot related im assuming? Talk about a lucky fam they all survived! And what about Paolo and giuseppe renda? Are they related at all? That's crazy I didn't realize there was so many dead.were are the cops at? How come no shooters have been caught and there are no major suspects for the actual killing??

Last edited by tommykarate; 02/01/13 09:42 PM.

One thing about wiseguys...the hustle never ends.-tony soprano
Re: Montreal Mafia deaths list? [Re: furio_from_naples] #693980
02/02/13 10:14 AM
02/02/13 10:14 AM
Massachusetts
southend Offline
Underboss
southend  Offline
Underboss
Massachusetts
jeez. even without the guys who might not have had anything to do with the mob-war,thats a lotta bodies.

Re: Montreal Mafia deaths list? [Re: southend] #693992
02/02/13 12:46 PM
02/02/13 12:46 PM
Antonio Offline
Made Member
Antonio  Offline
Made Member
Fuck me, that's a long list. I don't get one thing though. If this happened in New York or the US for that matter the feds and government agencies would be all over them, but because it's Canada they aren't?

Tony Soprano : I thought I told you to back off Beansie!

Richie Aprile : I did, Then I put it in drive..
Re: Montreal Mafia deaths list? [Re: furio_from_naples] #693995
02/02/13 01:04 PM
02/02/13 01:04 PM
P
PKaros Offline
Associate
PKaros  Offline
P
Associate
This list is missing Tony Magi in august 2008, he was shot and wounded but survived(I believe his wife was shot at at some point too), I'm sure there are others too. Police aren't all over them because there is nobody talking.

Last edited by PKaros; 02/02/13 01:07 PM.
Re: Montreal Mafia deaths list? [Re: tommykarate] #693998
02/02/13 01:10 PM
02/02/13 01:10 PM
P
PKaros Offline
Associate
PKaros  Offline
P
Associate
Originally Posted By: tommykarate
Wow so are all the pietrantonios that were shot related im assuming? Talk about a lucky fam they all survived! And what about Paolo and giuseppe renda? Are they related at all? That's crazy I didn't realize there was so many dead.were are the cops at? How come no shooters have been caught and there are no major suspects for the actual killing??

paolo and giuseppe renda aren't related. Paolo was Rizzuto consigliere while Giuseppe was close to Montagna.

Re: Montreal Mafia deaths list? [Re: PKaros] #694000
02/02/13 01:16 PM
02/02/13 01:16 PM
Canada
G
Giordano Offline
Button
Giordano  Offline
G
Button
Canada

http://www.lapresse.ca/actualites/quebec...-implacable.php

Analysis) In 2010, when the leaders of the Rizzuto clan fell one after the other, everyone, police, criminals and lawyers waited for a reply that never came. Everyone thought it was the end of the Sicilians. It was said that the bottom of his dark dungeon Florence, Colorado, Vito Rizzuto did that attending helplessly this rule extermination of his clan and his family.

Obviously, there was nothing. He prepared meticulously by sending the output measure its supporters in nearby cafes or offices anonymous Montreal, alliances and awaken his dormant cells.

Less than four months after his release, it is likely that his plan will allow him to take his place against opponents weakened by infighting that followed their coup of 2010, which eventually failed.

Two years later, the long-awaited response is initiated. And it takes place "in the Sicilian" methodical, relentless and merciless.

Since the killing of the influential mafioso Joe Di Maulo committed to Blainville in November, there were no fewer than a dozen murders and attempted murders in the mafia. The theme of these events is that all victims, without exception, were related clans, according to police, tried to take control of the Mafia in custody of the sponsor: Raynald Desjardins, his right arm, Vittorio Mirarchi, Calabrian clan that included Joe Di Maulo, brothers Arcuri, Salvatore Montagna, Giuseppe De Vito and other former lieutenants Sicilians who had flipped.

Today, it is the opponents side of the Sicilians that the response is still awaited. Presumably, it is this coalition that is split into a few forces. It is they who are the targets of recent weeks and are still referred to as other individuals were advised by police or lawyers that their lives were threatened.

While the forces of his enemies fall, those of Vito Rizzuto increase. Hells Angels support it, like gang leaders allegiances blue and red unified under the leadership of former Rocker Gregory Woolley. Clan leaders or "men of honor" remained neutral during the fall Sicilians are also back in her lap. Others, uncertain loyalty, were packed. At the same time he struggles to regain its place, Vito Rizzuto laid the foundations of the new structure of organized crime in Montreal.

Re: Montreal Mafia deaths list? [Re: furio_from_naples] #694028
02/02/13 04:37 PM
02/02/13 04:37 PM
M
m2w Offline
Underboss
m2w  Offline
M
Underboss
but the arcuri are with rizzuto or against him?
coz i read that devito men burned their property

Re: Montreal Mafia deaths list? [Re: furio_from_naples] #694034
02/02/13 05:21 PM
02/02/13 05:21 PM
Canada
G
Giordano Offline
Button
Giordano  Offline
G
Button
Canada
Everything I have seen indicates the Arcuri's were part of original onslaught against the Rizzuto's, However it seems like Arcuri's also supported Montagna against Di Maulo/De Vito and Desjardins.

It doesn't seem like Arcuri/Montagna had many people backing them once they broke from the Devito/Di Maulo/Desjardins group. Possibly Pietrantonio and Lopresti but most of what I have seen indicates they were still representing Rizzuto or possibly Cu-ntrera interests. Arcuri hasn't been seen in Montreal since August now while all of the other major players from the other sides are in Montreal fighting for Territory.

I think the body count is now higher on those who opposed the Rizzuto's. I could be wrong on this but I don't think the Rizzuto side have taken any major hits in almost 2 years now .

Last edited by Giordano; 02/02/13 05:24 PM.
Re: Montreal Mafia deaths list? [Re: furio_from_naples] #694036
02/02/13 05:39 PM
02/02/13 05:39 PM
Canada
G
Giordano Offline
Button
Giordano  Offline
G
Button
Canada
http://www.journaldequebec.com/2013/02/01/la-serie-noire-se-poursuit

The building contractor who was the target of a shooting in Laval yesterday, was involved in the importation of cocaine and money laundering in the mafia.

Tonino Callocchia, 51, was hit by several bullets firearm in the parking lot of the restaurant Youlios, at 2033, boulevard Saint-Martin Ouest, to 10:10.

The life of the President of Construction TDP is not in danger, the Sûreté du Québec. Laval police transferred the investigation to the SQ because this other attack seems to fit into the context of return at the helm of mobster Vito Rizzuto and purge those who have been unfaithful.

The day before, Vincenzo Scuderi, barons associated with Giuseppe De Vito and Raynald Desjardins - rivals sponsor - has succumbed to the bullets of a sniper in the borough of Saint-Léonard.

Troublesome case

Tonino Callocchia nearly suffered the same fate as his former co-defendants, Walter Ricardo Gutierrez, killed in LaSalle, July 12.

The two men were among the forty mafia arrested in 1994 for laundering millions of dollars from a false counter exchange that RCMP had opened downtown.

This daring police investigation and embarrassing for a particular underworld revealed that parents of Vito Rizzuto had bank accounts in Switzerland.

Callocchia was considered a close Vincenzo "Jimmy" Di Maulo, was also arrested in this case and imprisoned for murder. This is the brother of "Joe" Di Maulo, shot in Blainville in November because of his alleged disloyalty to Vito Rizzuto.

In 1998, Callocchia also sentenced to 10 years in prison for importing cocaine with Laval of Calabrian origin Vincenzo Armeni, serving the largest penalty ever imposed on a dealer in the country at 19 years.

Even if the Italian mob rule accounts in its ranks, it is now business team with bikers and street gangs in Montreal in a broad new alliance, revealed in the Journal SPVM's chief, Marc Parent.

Pierre de Champlain, a former intelligence analyst for the RCMP believes this suggests that Vito Rizzuto "has indeed regained control of the situation and managed to convince the leaders of the other formations of the need to maintain a certain cohesiveness that will benefit them. "

"That only a charismatic leader of the caliber of Rizzuto can successfully do that," he added.

Re: Montreal Mafia deaths list? [Re: Giordano] #694106
02/03/13 01:01 PM
02/03/13 01:01 PM
J
jackbottoxxx Offline
Wiseguy
jackbottoxxx  Offline
J
Wiseguy
what is being said in some montreal bars. Was something similar but slightly different.
Originally, Arcuri Sr. had orders from NYC to enter Montagna into the scene, soon after he was deported from the states. They sought to fill the vacant role of Rizzuto until his return. Renda, Rizzuto Sr., etc. were not in favor of his presence and immediate leadership, even though he held the UNDERBOSS title from NYC.
The other factions that were beginning their tactical opposition against the Rizzutos, began to brainwash him to believe, Montagna had the rightful role and they would support him.
Supposedly, he was a very resourceful guy and the other factions utilized his resources and in the end, turned on him. The intention of Arcuri Sr. was to fulfill the NYC order and maintain stability, but power and greed took over, which he did not predict, would happen. Different factions were springing up, all hoping to land the vacant role.
My theory so far, he wasn't looking for Montagna to take over, but to have a temporary fix until Rizzuto came back and at the same time, fulfill his obligation to NYC.....
Still, i am unclear about a few other issues, but it is becoming soo entangled that i cannot make heads or tails of anything anymore.

what a mess.

Re: Montreal Mafia deaths list? [Re: jackbottoxxx] #694123
02/03/13 03:15 PM
02/03/13 03:15 PM
Sonny_Black Offline
Underboss
Sonny_Black  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: jackbottoxxx
what is being said in some montreal bars. Was something similar but slightly different.
Originally, Arcuri Sr. had orders from NYC to enter Montagna into the scene, soon after he was deported from the states. They sought to fill the vacant role of Rizzuto until his return. Renda, Rizzuto Sr., etc. were not in favor of his presence and immediate leadership, even though he held the UNDERBOSS title from NYC.
The other factions that were beginning their tactical opposition against the Rizzutos, began to brainwash him to believe, Montagna had the rightful role and they would support him.
Supposedly, he was a very resourceful guy and the other factions utilized his resources and in the end, turned on him. The intention of Arcuri Sr. was to fulfill the NYC order and maintain stability, but power and greed took over, which he did not predict, would happen. Different factions were springing up, all hoping to land the vacant role.
My theory so far, he wasn't looking for Montagna to take over, but to have a temporary fix until Rizzuto came back and at the same time, fulfill his obligation to NYC.....
Still, i am unclear about a few other issues, but it is becoming soo entangled that i cannot make heads or tails of anything anymore.

what a mess.

So basically what you've heard in Montreal bars is that the Arcuris made Montagna believe he was going to take over, and then they turned on him?

"It was between the brothers Kay -- I had nothing to do with it."
Re: Montreal Mafia deaths list? [Re: Sonny_Black] #694134
02/03/13 04:25 PM
02/03/13 04:25 PM
J
jackbottoxxx Offline
Wiseguy
jackbottoxxx  Offline
J
Wiseguy
no, not quite.

Arcuri Sr. may have suggested him for the vacant role, until Rizzuto returned.
Supposedly, it wasnt received well.
Dimaulo, Moreno, Desjardins, DeVito and others that started their opposing stance, pushed Montagna to go for the vacant role, with their support and assurance. But, turned on him, after they felt they had weakened the Rizzutos.
It is being said, Arcuri Sr. got caught in the middle and couuldnt turn to either side in the end, especialy once Montagna was out the picture.
Basically, a suggestion that cost him and possibly, cast him out from both sides of the opposing clans. All because, if this is really true.... followed orders from the powers that be, from NYC.

This is why, I have been trying to figure out who the NYC figure was at the Toronto airport along with his Canadian lawyer and American lawyer and also supposedly, reported his other son.
Was that NYC figure a key person to the possible fiasco and had explanations for everything or a friend that offered assistance and giving him the resources to help him back on his feet, immediately???

Basically, i am trying to theorize and tie in all scenarios and bring it all together.

again, what is said in the Montreal bars, I take it with a grain of salt and try and look into, whether it has any merit at all. i am trying not to take everything at face value and i am trying to look past things and see if there is anything significant, beyond the scope.
Since, Giordano mentioned in an earlier post something reflecting to what i heard. it was like a little bell rang in my head and had to mention this.

Re: Montreal Mafia deaths list? [Re: furio_from_naples] #694137
02/03/13 04:50 PM
02/03/13 04:50 PM
Sonny_Black Offline
Underboss
Sonny_Black  Offline
Underboss
I'm also skeptical about those rumors, because fact is that Montagna became hostile to Desjardins first. So if they turned on him it was because of that. Then the question arises, who were supporting Montagna against Desjardins? I suppose he did not pull the trigger himself when Desjardins was targeted...

"It was between the brothers Kay -- I had nothing to do with it."
Re: Montreal Mafia deaths list? [Re: Sonny_Black] #694150
02/03/13 06:37 PM
02/03/13 06:37 PM
S
SPQR Offline
Wiseguy
SPQR  Offline
S
Wiseguy
Situation is getting quite complicated to figure out. However I would agree that other members (Di Maulo, De Vito, etc.) may have turned on the Arcuris since their establishments were fire bombed many times. If they once were united, then Arcuris support of Montagna as leader (interim) may have pissed off the other members.

Re: Montreal Mafia deaths list? [Re: furio_from_naples] #694408
02/05/13 10:22 AM
02/05/13 10:22 AM
naples,italy

naples,italy
my curiosity is just a war between the Sicilians and Calabrians for the control of Montreal?
in the list of the dead, which faction belonged the single dead?
who is winning this war?

Re: Montreal Mafia deaths list? [Re: jackbottoxxx] #694420
02/05/13 11:29 AM
02/05/13 11:29 AM
M
maverick Offline
Button
maverick  Offline
M
Button
i'm from montreal also,basically what i heard as well, acrcuri's started this whole thing then it became a whole cluster fuck after that.

also that vito is back on top right now, its basically just a matter of revenge at this point. a friend of mine saw him at a swanky downtown mtl steakhouse, no bodyquards just carrying on like its nobody's business.

Re: Montreal Mafia deaths list? [Re: maverick] #694450
02/05/13 01:04 PM
02/05/13 01:04 PM
ATL
SilentPartnerz Offline
Capo
SilentPartnerz  Offline
Capo
ATL
Seems like Vito Rizzuto has resumed his position at the top. At least of his old 'faction'. Others factions are reportedly still operating in Montreal. If Vito was out to dinner without any bodyguards, then he feels safe. I still think he should be careful. One bullet can strip him of his title...instantly.

Last edited by SilentPartnerz; 02/05/13 01:04 PM.

"Three can keep a secret..if two are dead."
Calogero Minacore
Re: Montreal Mafia deaths list? [Re: PKaros] #694461
02/05/13 01:31 PM
02/05/13 01:31 PM
Ghost_Town_Jimmy Offline
Wiseguy
Ghost_Town_Jimmy  Offline
Wiseguy

I can't remember a made guy up here EVER flipping.

A few associates(Real Simard-a driver and hitter for the Cotroni Family)But no actual made guys.

Re: Montreal Mafia deaths list? [Re: furio_from_naples] #694492
02/05/13 04:42 PM
02/05/13 04:42 PM
Montreal
L
livelifenoregrets Offline
Wiseguy
livelifenoregrets  Offline
L
Wiseguy
Montreal
Why would they flip? The sentences are so light here that it doesn't really make a huge impact. The jails are so laid back and in Quebec mobsters are like mythical creatures even the public, they are treated very well.

The guys in the States that have flipped were facing heavy heavy sentences.

Re: Montreal Mafia deaths list? [Re: livelifenoregrets] #694868
02/06/13 06:59 PM
02/06/13 06:59 PM
A
ambert37 Offline
Associate
ambert37  Offline
A
Associate
Hey new here
I just wanted to respond the the last statement
People in canada like Mom boucher were facing heavy sentences to, he got 25 to life and will never get parole, also hes doing his time in the super max jail, which isnt a joke.
Theres been ppl who faced huge jail terms and didnt flip
In the states, alot of these top guys end up ratting, it a disgrace, do your crime then do the time, ratting is the weasels way out and i have zero respect for any of those clowms

Re: Montreal Mafia deaths list? [Re: furio_from_naples] #717393
05/27/13 05:50 AM
05/27/13 05:50 AM
naples,italy

naples,italy
Mob murder in Sicily signals Montreal’s Mafia war spreading

http://globalnews.ca/news/551377/violent...war-has-spread/

Juan Ramon Fernandez, described by police in Canada as “a perfect gangster,” died the perfect Hollywood gangster death – ambushed by mob rivals, dying in a hail of bullets and his body burned in a field in the picturesque countryside outside Palermo, the historic capital city of Sicily.

“We believe the order to kill him came from Canada.”

Mr. Fernandez was slain alongside another mob-linked man from Canada and, in a persuasive sign that Montreal’s mob war has spread to Sicily, the very birthplace of the Mafia, one of two men charged with their murders was also previously deported from Canada.

“We believe the order to kill him came from Canada. We are sure of it,” said an Italian officer working on the large investigation.

The gold Rolex watch Mr. Fernandez held precious as the only jewellery he could bring with him from Canada, was found in the possession of one of those charged with his murder, said investigators.

The murders backstop a large investigation by Italian police revealing the trans-Atlantic reach of the Mafia in Canada, with mobsters shuttling from Toronto and Montreal to arrange global drug shipments and even continuing their underworld feud abroad as if borders did not exist.

“There’s four guys at an important Mafia murder in Sicily and three of them lived in Canada. That says a lot about the Mafia here, their mobility, their relationships internationally,” said an Ontario organized crime investigator.

Mr. Fernandez, 56, was born in Spain but grew up in Canada and became an important mob figure in Quebec and Ontario. His charred body was found in Sicily as police closed their probe, codenamed Operation Argo, that saw 21 mobsters arrested on Wednesday.
Mr. Fernandez’s last day alive was April 9 when he and Fernando Pimentel, 36, an associate from Mississauga, Ont., who was visiting him in Sicily, left for a meeting to close a marijuana deal, authorities say.

He was meeting Pietro and Salvatore Scaduto, two brothers, in an isolated field outside Bagheria, near Palermo, where Mr. Fernandez was told a large marijuana crop was being harvested, authorities alleged.

Mr. Fernandez knew the brothers and trusted them; he was heard many times on police wiretaps extolling their friendship.

“He went silent. We thought he may have started a journey for Canada.”

The deal, however, was a planned ambush, the type needed to kill someone as feared as Mr. Fernandez.

When they got out of the car, they were met with a fusillade of bullets, killing them both, authorities said.

Their bodies were stripped of their valuables, pushed into the bush at the side of the dirt road and burned.

Police wondered why Mr. Fernandez was suddenly no longer heard on the wiretaps. The surveillance teams that usually watched him stroll about town had no one to follow.

“He went silent,” said the officer. “We thought he may have started a journey for Canada.”

But days later, one of the Scaduto brothers was caught trying to sell Mr. Fernandez’s Rolex watch for 3,000 euros, authorities said.

Related Stories
Rizzuto’s former right-hand man allegedly running Italy-to-Canada drug network from Sicily
|Mob slayings rise after Rizzuto’s return |AdvertisementThe watch was not something Mr. Fernandez would let go willingly.

“He loved that watch. Every day he wore this watch. Every day,” said the officer in Italy, who requested his name not be published.

Italian police had heard him say it was the only piece not confiscated by police in Canada.

Investigators in Canada believe the watch was given to him by Vito Rizzuto, the Mafia boss from Montreal for whom Mr. Fernandez worked while in Canada.

Pietro Scaduto, 49, and Salvatore Scaduto, 51, were charged with murder. Pietro is a former Toronto resident.

Two months after Mr. Fernandez was released from prison in Canada in April 2004 and deported to Spain he arrived in Bagheria.

“He was in a very good situation, from the criminal point of view.”

Again showing the links between the underworld of Canada and Italy, he chose the city because as many as 10 mafiosi there have ties to Canada, primarily with the Rizzuto crime family, the officer said.

Several are former residents of Canada, including Michele Modica, Andrea Carbone and Pietro Scaduto — all of whom were involved in the notorious California Sandwiches shooting in Toronto in 2004, a botched mob hit that left Louise Russo, an innocent mother, paralyzed.

After that shooting, all were deported back to Bagheria.

Although Mr. Fernandez had been deported three times from Canada because of criminal convictions, he always considered Canada home.

“Fernandez lived in Sicily, but his heart and his mind were in Toronto. He thought every day of the business of Toronto. His business was still there, everyday he was in contact with his men in Toronto,” said an officer who has been immersed in the investigation.

“And Canadian men came to Italy to meet with him and talk to him about his business in Toronto and in Montreal.”

But as the mobsters erase borders, police herald their own international co-operation: Italian authorities were alerted to Mr. Fernandez by Canadian police.

“We were notified that a very important wiseguy had arrived in Sicily and we started to investigate this guy,” said the officer.

In Sicily, Mr. Fernandez was sending oxycodone pills from Sicily to Canada, using Sicilian Mafiosi as couriers, and arranging cocaine shipments from Ecuador and Colombia to Italy and Canada, police said.

“He was in a very good situation, from the criminal point of view,” said the officer.

Until the very end.

Watch police video that shows where two bodies were found in an illegal waste dump in Sicily.

Re: Montreal Mafia deaths list? [Re: furio_from_naples] #717469
05/27/13 10:21 PM
05/27/13 10:21 PM
D
DA13 Offline
Button
DA13  Offline
D
Button
Convicted killer Juan Ramon Fernandez Paz, nicknamed Joe Bravo, and associate Fernando Pimentel found dead
Pair shot at least 30 times and bodies set on fire
Paz deported to Sicily after serving 10 years in Canada for drugs offences
Also killed 17-year-old girlfriend by punching her in the throat
Police believe 56-year-old was key player in multi-million pound drugs deals
Source: ‘The hit was ordered from Canada. The fear now is that their could be more blood letting’

Charmer: Juan Ramon Fernandez Paz, nicknamed Joe Bravo, was said to have seduced female security guards while in a maximum security prison
Italian police fear a trans-Atlantic Mafia war after the charred and bullet ridden bodies of two Canadian gangsters were found on the Mediterranean island of Sicily.
Convicted killer and mob enforcer Juan Ramon Fernandez Paz, nicknamed Joe Bravo, was discovered along with his associate Fernando Pimentel after an anonymous tip off to police.
Investigators said they were ‘riddled with at least 30 bullet wounds’ and an attempt had been made to burn their bodies following the hit.
One senior police source said: ‘The hit was ordered from Canada. Paz was the main target and Pimentel was probably killed because he was with him at the time. The fear now is that their could be more blood letting.’
The bodies were discovered on wasteland in the hamlet of Casteldaccia, near to the city of Palermo, on the Mafia’s island stronghold of Sicily.
Paz, 56, had been deported from Canada last year after serving a 10 year jail sentence for drug offences and was in Sicily negotiating with mob bosses in a bid to secure lucrative trans Atlantic drug deals.
Italian police were aware that he and Pimentel were in Sicily after being tipped off by the Royal Canadian Mounted Police and they were named as wanted in a round up of 24 mobsters earlier this week but could not be found.
Investigators say that Paz was working as the Mafia’s ‘Canadian ambassador’ and was a key player in the multi-million pound deals using his ties with well known Montreal Godfather Vito Rizzuto as his introduction.
With his good looks and smart designer clothes Paz could have walked straight of the set of mob TV blockbuster The Sopranos but he had a fiercesome reputation who served time for killing his 17-year-old girlfriend after punching her so hard in the throat she died.

Connections: Police believe Juan Ramon Fernandez Paz was a high level player in the clan headed by notorious Godfather Vito Rizzuto
In jail he also had a powerful reputation, threatening inmates and using his influence as an enforcer for Rizzuto to carve himself influence and secure drugs could be smuggled in for inmates.
He also managed to secure shipments of drugs from Jamaica and there were even rumours that with his good looks he had managed to seduce female guards at a maximum security jail where he was being held.
Unusually, Spaniard Paz had managed to reach a reasonably high level of power within the Rizzuto clan.
But as he was not Italian he would never have earned the ultimate accolade of Godfather and his own crime family.
Paz had arrived in Sicily last year and had opened a gym in the Palermo suburb of Bagheria and Pimentel is thought to have arrived last month from Canada to visit him, with the last positive sighting of both men being in early April.
Pietro Scaduto, 49 and his brother Salvatore, 51, have been arrested by police in Palermo in connection with the murder but they said others were also being sought for the double killing.
A police spokesman said: ‘We had been monitoring Paz’s activities for several months but he had not been seen since early April. He was named in a prosecution order to be arrested and we believe he was involved in drugs trafficking between Canada and Sicily.’

Arrested: Pietro and Salvatore Scaduto have been detained in connection with the murders
‘We also think he was using his links with Vito Rizzuto to look into the possibility of importing drugs from South America into Sicily and then onwards to Canada. We shall be liaising with colleagues from the Royal Canadian Mounted Police as part of the investigation.’
Rizzuto was the Godfather of the Montreal Mafia and was released from a US prison last November after serving a lengthy sentence for three mob murders in the 1980′s.
During his time in jail a bloody war raged between rival factions in Montreal for control of his empire and his son Nick was a victim, gunned down at the age of 42 three years ago.

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull