GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
2 registered members (m2w, Malavita), 94 guests, and 2 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,355
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,737
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,502
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,283
Posts1,057,858
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 32 of 36 1 2 30 31 32 33 34 35 36
Re: philly update [Re: Wilson101] #784806
06/20/14 08:28 AM
06/20/14 08:28 AM
Boca Raton
NNY78 Offline
The Counselor
NNY78  Offline
The Counselor
Underboss
Boca Raton

Philadelphia City Council Votes to Decriminalize Marijuana

If signed into law, the bill would allow Philadelphia police to issue $25 tickets for possession of up to an ounce of weed.

By Dan McQuade | June 19, 2014 at 4:45 pm

[UPDATE: 4:40 p.m.] According to Councilman Jim Kenney’s director of legislation, Jim Engler, as per the Philadelphia Charter, Mayor Nutter does not have to take action on the just-passed marijuana decriminalization bill until Council is back in session in September. (The mayor has the option to sign or veto the bill, or do nothing which would also result in the bill becoming law without his official endorsement.)

“We’re writing a letter to the mayor asking him, since the voice of council has been heard and the bill has been approved by more than 12 members, that he begin implementing the bill and policy change as soon as possible,” says Engler.

The bill includes a three-month time period before it becomes law, which Engler says is something that is normally done with bills that require implementation. "Instead of waiting and twiddling our thumbs all summer long, we're asking that if he's going to make a decision one way or another, he should let us know now."

You can breathe a little easier today, stoners, and not just because you probably are into vaping now. Philadelphia City Council voted today to decriminalize the possession of up to an ounce of weed. Even the heaviest stoners rarely buy more than an ounce at a time, so this bill is good news for Philadelphia potheads from the casual smoker to the wake-and-bake stoner.

The bill was first introduced by Councilman Jim Kenney in May. Under Kenney's bill, Philadelphians caught with up to an ounce (30 grams) of marijuana would not be arrested. After they paid a $25 fine, they'd have the charge expunged from their record. (Presumably, their weed would also be confiscated.) Since June 2010, Philadelphia has treated possession of up to an ounce of weed as a summary offense punishable with a $200 fine and a three-hour class on drug abuse.

"After discussions with Philadelphia’s criminal justice stakeholders, my requests to end mandatory custodial arrests — i.e. handcuffs and a night in jail — were deemed an 'administrative burden' on our courts and police,” Kenney told NBC10.com in May. “Public officials shouldn’t be worried about ‘administrative burdens’ when our inaction is senselessly burdening over 4,000 people with life-changing criminal records each year.”

Two Republican members of City Council, Dennis O’Brien and David Oh, spoke out against the bill. O'Brien suggested the law could eventually lead to “assaults on police officers.”

Philadelphia's decriminalization bill is similar to Washington D.C.'s, which passed last month. In testimony before City Council earlier this month, NORML's Chris Goldstein noted blacks were arrested at five times the rates of whites for marijuana possession in 2012. People aged 18 to 34 made up 75 percent of marijuana arrests that year.

In a 2011 Daily News story, DA Seth Williams said before 2010 the city was "spending thousands of dollars for when someone possessed $10 or $15 worth of weed." (In that article, ex-DA Lynne Abraham said potheads are committing "untold numbers of crimes" to support their habit and compared smoking weed to driving 100 miles per hour.)

The bill passed, 13-3. Mayor Nutter's office has said he opposes the bill. The bill passed with enough votes to override a potential mayoral veto.

http://www.phillymag.com/news/2014/06/19/philadelphia-city-council-votes-decriminalize-marijuana/

Re: philly update [Re: NNY78] #784849
06/20/14 01:10 PM
06/20/14 01:10 PM
J
jipjones Offline
Made Member
jipjones  Offline
J
Made Member
If only other States followed examples like that. Y should the cops waste time chasing around ppl who hav a couple of grams on them its so stupid! Im surprise since with all the stuff happening in Colorado and Washignton State that States r not going quicker to a hands off approach I live in NYS and there still arguing about Medical Marijuana! still! Hate da Polotics in this Country! Safer then Alcohol!! hopefully only time will tell how things change or move forward! The damn politicians should know ppl r in favor of change and a hands off approach! Well c! Hopefully that passes in Philly!

Re: philly update [Re: NNY78] #784992
06/21/14 07:56 AM
06/21/14 07:56 AM
New Jersey
Five_Felonies Offline
Underboss
Five_Felonies  Offline
Underboss
New Jersey
Originally Posted By: NNY78
Two Republican members of City Council, Dennis O’Brien and David Oh, spoke out against the bill. O'Brien suggested the law could eventually lead to “assaults on police officers.”

in other news, o'brien has expressed what he calls undisputable facts that masturbation causes blindness, the earth is flat and that witchcraft was responsible for hurricane sandy.

they should take (C)unts like this and force feed them an entire cherry bomb, lock them in a dark room for 48 hours and let them reexamine the root causes of their foolishness! if they survive, lol

It's either blue cheese with wings or go fuck yer mudda!
Re: philly update [Re: cheech] #784998
06/21/14 08:18 AM
06/21/14 08:18 AM
C
cookcounty Offline
Underboss
cookcounty  Offline
C
Underboss
does philly do anything that ain't low budget?

u get a 200$ fine if u get caught with weed in chicago heights (if their cops dont kill u)

Re: philly update [Re: cookcounty] #785117
06/21/14 05:21 PM
06/21/14 05:21 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Originally Posted By: cookcounty

The "Rocky" sequels were pretty high budget whistle.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: philly update [Re: pizzaboy] #785150
06/21/14 07:34 PM
06/21/14 07:34 PM
SonnyBlackstein Offline
Underboss
SonnyBlackstein  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: pizzaboy

LMAO..

Say it with me "Adriannne!!"

MORGAN: Why didn't you fight him at the park if you wanted to? I'm not goin' now, I'm eatin' my snack.
CHUCKIE: Morgan, Let's go.
MORGAN: I'm serious Chuckie, I ain't goin'.
WILL: So don't go.
Re: philly update [Re: SonnyBlackstein] #785152
06/21/14 07:45 PM
06/21/14 07:45 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Originally Posted By: SonnyBlackstein
Originally Posted By: pizzaboy

LMAO..

Say it with me "Adriannne!!"

Yo, Sonny. I did it!

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: philly update [Re: Five_Felonies] #785189
06/22/14 04:33 AM
06/22/14 04:33 AM
Boca Raton
NNY78 Offline
The Counselor
NNY78  Offline
The Counselor
Underboss
Boca Raton
Originally Posted By: Five_Felonies
Originally Posted By: NNY78

in other news, o'brien has expressed what he calls undisputable facts that masturbation causes blindness, the earth is flat and that witchcraft was responsible for hurricane sandy.

they should take (C)unts like this and force feed them an entire cherry bomb, lock them in a dark room for 48 hours and let them reexamine the root causes of their foolishness! if they survive, lol

FF, I don't get some of these government chuckleheads,have they learned nothing from prohibition?

Re: philly update [Re: NNY78] #785401
06/23/14 05:43 AM
06/23/14 05:43 AM
The Jersey Shore
D
DanteMoltisanti Offline
Underboss
DanteMoltisanti  Offline
D
Underboss
The Jersey Shore

Re: philly update [Re: cheech] #810924
10/31/14 02:12 AM
10/31/14 02:12 AM
Boca Raton
NNY78 Offline
The Counselor
NNY78  Offline
The Counselor
Underboss
Boca Raton

Re: philly update [Re: cheech] #810938
10/31/14 07:05 AM
10/31/14 07:05 AM
The Jersey Shore
D
DanteMoltisanti Offline
Underboss
DanteMoltisanti  Offline
D
Underboss
The Jersey Shore
NNY78-

Yes, today is the 25th anniversary of Skinny Joey dressed up as Batman gunning down Nicky Scarfo Jr. at dante and Luigi's in South Philly. Look where both men are at now in life 25 years later.....Scarfo Jr may spend the rest of his natural life in prison and Skinny Joey has spent a majority of his life in prison and is now under constant FBI scrutiny.

Re: philly update [Re: cheech] #810940
10/31/14 08:18 AM
10/31/14 08:18 AM
J
jipjones Offline
Made Member
jipjones  Offline
J
Made Member
Not to sound like a fan boy of joey.. but 25 years later joey clearly on top.. its yet to be seen if joey does more time besides the violation.. but joey ended ne s carfo power. He made jr look like a lil bitch chase him away jr basically got made into the luchesse be cuz of his dad relationship wit Vic.. jr got demoted. Joey basically been the face of Philly the last 20 years. And u forget daunte moltisante these guys chose this life they wanted to be gangsters 25 years ago there gangsters today. Not to say jr isn't smart at all he is.. but this attempted hit 25 years ago put joey on the Map as a top dawg. If joey spends the rest of his life outta jail besides the violation joey Fed comes uo on top. It kills little nicky Sr. That joey in control of the family and how joey embarrassed them and he can't do jack bout it.. so. This solidify joey

Re: philly update [Re: cheech] #810941
10/31/14 08:42 AM
10/31/14 08:42 AM
Moe_Tilden Offline
ForeverBotheringIranians
Moe_Tilden  Offline
ForeverBotheringIranians

You have guys blowing Merlino, massaging his ego, praising him as a mastermind and bigging him up as the cerebral boss of Philly and simultaneously CRITICISING the Feds for not LEAVING HIM ALONE and SCRUTINISING him too much. Even though he was still UNDER PAROLE when he was surveilled blatantly (and stupidly) violating it by meeting with known felons and even though he refuses to report his lavish income which he blatantly (and stupidly) flaunts.

I mean if people can't see the irony and hypocrisy of that, then I give up.

Do people understand how parole works?

The dwarf could at least have waited a few weeks or months for his restrictions to end before the groundswell of opposition to a tame prison sentence started.

I invoke my right under the 5th amendment of the United States constitution and decline to answer the question.
Re: philly update [Re: cheech] #810943
10/31/14 08:52 AM
10/31/14 08:52 AM
S
Southphilly4ever Offline
Made Member
Southphilly4ever  Offline
S
Made Member
Interesting new Philly mob chart

http://mafia.wikia.com/wiki/Philadelphia_crime_family

Sorry I'm not to techy to figure out how to post the picture of the chart on here

Re: philly update [Re: cheech] #810944
10/31/14 09:10 AM
10/31/14 09:10 AM
The ridge
Lilange Offline
Made Member
Lilange  Offline
Made Member
The ridge
I know its was stupid to meet in public or even them meeting at all but the Feds violate wise guys all the time. Sometimes on the last week of you can't beat the feds just try and stay a few moves ahead

"You come at the king you best not miss"-Omar
Re: philly update [Re: Moe_Tilden] #810946
10/31/14 09:20 AM
10/31/14 09:20 AM
cheech Offline OP
Underboss
cheech  Offline OP
Underboss
Originally Posted By: Moe_Tilden
You have guys blowing Merlino, massaging his ego, praising him as a mastermind and bigging him up as the cerebral boss of Philly and simultaneously CRITICISING the Feds for not LEAVING HIM ALONE and SCRUTINISING him too much. Even though he was still UNDER PAROLE when he was surveilled blatantly (and stupidly) violating it by meeting with known felons and even though he refuses to report his lavish income which he blatantly (and stupidly) flaunts.

Do people understand how parole works?

The dwarf could at least have waited a few weeks or months for his restrictions to end before the groundswell of opposition to a tame prison sentence started.

youre best to just ignore Moe. By being on the "opposite" end of the spectrum (dwarf, stupidly) you're giving as much energy as the fan boys. ignore, ignore, ignore. if everyone ignores pretty soon its a convo of 5 fanboys agreeing. why bicker back and forth. no one ever gives in or changes their perspective. all it does is make these pages longer and longer.

fuckem, hes just another criminal going back to jail to me. is it fucked up he will get followed forever regardless of criminal activity or not? sure, but when you have the history he does there's no one to blame but himself.

When Interpol?
Re: philly update [Re: cheech] #810947
10/31/14 09:26 AM
10/31/14 09:26 AM
New York
SC Offline
Consigliere
SC  Offline
Consigliere

New York
Originally Posted By: cheech
youre best to just ignore Moe. By being on the "opposite" end of the spectrum you're giving as much energy as the fan boys. ignore, ignore, ignore. if everyone ignores pretty soon its a convo of 5 fanboys agreeing. why bicker back and forth. no one ever gives in or changes their perspective. all it does is make these pages longer and longer.

Good advice.

Re: philly update [Re: Moe_Tilden] #810948
10/31/14 09:29 AM
10/31/14 09:29 AM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Originally Posted By: Moe_Tilden

Give up what? Has that been your end game here all along? To get people to renounce the Mafia and stop glorifying criminals?

You can't change other people, Moe. It's not possible.

Re: philly update [Re: Southphilly4ever] #810962
10/31/14 10:42 AM
10/31/14 10:42 AM
Boca Raton
NNY78 Offline
The Counselor
NNY78  Offline
The Counselor
Underboss
Boca Raton
Originally Posted By: Southphilly4ever

Sorry I'm not to techy to figure out how to post the picture of the chart on here

Just a heads up, don't click on the chart itself for any reason, its got a virus attached to it according to my antivirus software.

Re: philly update [Re: cheech] #810964
10/31/14 10:57 AM
10/31/14 10:57 AM
J
jipjones Offline
Made Member
jipjones  Offline
J
Made Member
And to defend myself cuz I feel the finger pointing in my direction I'm not glorifying anything joey did or ne thing I'm giving an opinion like how some ppl say gotti was a bad boss or chin and gambino were the best giving an opinion the previous poster who posted before me said where r these guys 25 years later.. and I was comparing Nicky Jr to Merlino and acorse Merlino is a tougher gangster.. for joey to beat murder raps and other charges and to do the stuff he did and basically for now get away it is crazy to me.. When Stand a tried to hit Merlino Merlino retaliated wit the expressway shooting.. Nicky Jr was in the Luchesse family and never retaliated against joey sounds like joey had him scared shitless had the scarfos on the run that's my opinion.. joey has more balls then some NY guys that's for sure.. So its my humble option halloween 89 put joey on the map. No glorification we r comparing gangsters and mafia members this is a mafia message board... ps. Dont join the mafia

Re: philly update [Re: jipjones] #810981
10/31/14 02:15 PM
10/31/14 02:15 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Originally Posted By: jipjones
And to defend myself cuz I feel the finger pointing in my direction I'm not glorifying anything joey did

I don't think that at all, Buddy. I think you're fairly level headed when it comes to this stuff.

But as far as this goes:

Originally Posted By: jipjones
Nicky Jr was in the Luchesse family and never retaliated against joey sounds like joey had him scared shitless had the scarfos on the run that's my opinion.. joey has more balls then some NY guys that's for sure.

That stuff all preceded Scarfo Jr. getting made by the Luccheses, and none of it happened in New York. Because balls or no balls, if Merlino pulled that shit back in the late '80s or early '90s, when New York still resembled Canada and Sicily (as far as violence went), and if he pulled it here, you'd be posting about the 25th anniversary of his execution instead of a failed mob hit.

I also think that Joey went away at the right time (2001-2002, right?). That's right around the time the violence was seriously curbed. And I'm not implying that Scarfo Jr. isn't afraid of Merlino. I don't know him from a hole in the wall. He probably is scared of him. But if he had gotten his button in Jersey under one of the Taccettas, or even the Pernas, and he got popped AFTER he got his button, then Joey Merlino would have had a problem than he couldn't have handled.

And I hope you're taking notice that I'm using the Jersey branch of the Luccheses as the example here. If I brought up the Bronx or Harlem factions of that family I'd probably sound like a "homer." And if you know me at all, you know I really hate that shit.

Re: philly update [Re: cheech] #810984
10/31/14 02:38 PM
10/31/14 02:38 PM
B
Belmont Offline
Underboss
Belmont  Offline
B
Underboss
PB is 100% correct. Forget jersey, NY would have immediately gave the order-approval to have Merlino killed and he would have been gone. I'm a jersey guy but jersey does whatever the guys up in the bronx and westchester tell them to do.
Merlino can do time and has balls, no doubt. that said, if he was in new york, no one would ever even know who he was, thats a fact. He is a very big fish in a small pond. Although i do give him credit, he is stand up all the way.

Last edited by Belmont; 10/31/14 02:41 PM.
Re: philly update [Re: pizzaboy] #811020
10/31/14 07:57 PM
10/31/14 07:57 PM
SW Philly, PA
Merlinofan1970 Offline
Wiseguy
Merlinofan1970  Offline
Wiseguy
SW Philly, PA
I would b scared of a guy that shot me 5 times on Halloweenight...no matter how many years ago! Scarfo jr.is lucky to b alive never mind the trouble he is in.

Loyalty is not a word, its a lifestyle.
Re: philly update [Re: Belmont] #811037
11/01/14 08:09 AM
11/01/14 08:09 AM
NJ
carmela Offline
Underboss
carmela  Offline
Underboss
NJ
Originally Posted By: Belmont
PB is 100% correct.

You know if you say that 5 times and turn around, PB will appear in the mirror. Freaky. uhwhat

La madre degli idioti e' sempre incinta.

Re: philly update [Re: cheech] #811051
11/01/14 09:54 AM
11/01/14 09:54 AM
new jersey
T
thebigfella Offline
Underboss
thebigfella  Offline
T
Underboss
new jersey
And he will even do a little dance for ya

"McGurn likes you, so I make you. So you are now one of us, if you fuck up, we take it out on McGurn. He is your sponsor. Fuck up, it's his ass. You work in his crew, he is your capo."
Re: philly update [Re: cheech] #811061
11/01/14 10:25 AM
11/01/14 10:25 AM
new jersey
T
thebigfella Offline
Underboss
thebigfella  Offline
T
Underboss
new jersey
What makes you guys so sure merlino would have gotten clipped if he was in new york...didnt john gotti kill the don and lived to tell about it?

"McGurn likes you, so I make you. So you are now one of us, if you fuck up, we take it out on McGurn. He is your sponsor. Fuck up, it's his ass. You work in his crew, he is your capo."
Re: philly update [Re: thebigfella] #811083
11/01/14 12:23 PM
11/01/14 12:23 PM
Alabama
D
dixiemafia Offline
ROLL TIDE!!!!!
dixiemafia  Offline
ROLL TIDE!!!!!
D
Underboss
Alabama
Originally Posted By: thebigfella
What makes you guys so sure merlino would have gotten clipped if he was in new york...didnt john gotti kill the don and lived to tell about it?

Merlino didn't have a power base like Gotti did. Like PB said, if some young kid tried that crap in NYC I have no doubt either he would have been popped quick.

It would be like Gotti Jr. trying to make a power play while his Dad was still a Capo and expecting to live. Just my two cents.

Re: philly update [Re: thebigfella] #811084
11/01/14 12:25 PM
11/01/14 12:25 PM
NJ
carmela Offline
Underboss
carmela  Offline
Underboss
NJ
Originally Posted By: thebigfella
And he will even do a little dance for ya

Oh see now that's just silly.

La madre degli idioti e' sempre incinta.

Re: philly update [Re: Belmont] #811093
11/01/14 01:15 PM
11/01/14 01:15 PM
Ted Offline
Underboss
Ted  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: Belmont
PB is 100% correct. Forget jersey, NY would have immediately gave the order-approval to have Merlino killed and he would have been gone. I'm a jersey guy but jersey does whatever the guys up in the bronx and westchester tell them to do.
Merlino can do time and has balls, no doubt. that said, if he was in new york, no one would ever even know who he was, thats a fact. He is a very big fish in a small pond. Although i do give him credit, he is stand up all the way.

Merlino seems capable of being moderately successful regardless of the family he belongs too. He is tough and has a way of attracting a following of criminals. But he definitely wouldn't be much of a shotcaller in NYC.

"I die outside; I die in jail. It don't matter to me," -John Franzese
Re: philly update [Re: Southphilly4ever] #811100
11/01/14 01:35 PM
11/01/14 01:35 PM
MidWest
S
Sal_Bronte Offline
Made Member
Sal_Bronte  Offline
S
Made Member
MidWest
Originally Posted By: Southphilly4ever

how accurate is that chart?

Page 32 of 36 1 2 30 31 32 33 34 35 36

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull