GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (1 invisible), 142 guests, and 2 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,095
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,284
Hollander 23,360
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,487
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,218
Posts1,056,202
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Do the U.S. and Italy families work together? [Re: carmela] #666062
09/13/12 01:21 PM
09/13/12 01:21 PM
G
Giancarlo Offline
Underboss
Giancarlo  Offline
G
Underboss
Originally Posted By: carmela

Cali' is married to Rosaria and Rosaria is the sister of Pietro Inzerillo. Cali' is no blood relation to the Gambino's.

The other thing that makes all these families in Italy, and coming from Italy, very confusing, is that the women don't change their last name over there, so it's sometimes hard to know if someone is related by marriage and who they're married to over there, unless you know the family. It's almost impossible to piece together.

Right, as far as i know the only way Cali is related to Gambino is through his marriage.

The only reason i brought it back up was that i read in a old NY Daily news article that Cali was restricted from meeting Gambino except at a family event. In the article it said he was Gambino's nephew but just as Carmela said i believe it's only through marriage that they are related, not blood.

Re: Do the U.S. and Italy families work together? [Re: Wilson] #666067
09/13/12 02:15 PM
09/13/12 02:15 PM
Balkans
Strax Offline
Underboss
Strax  Offline
Underboss
Balkans

"A fish with his mouth closed never get's caught"
Re: Do the U.S. and Italy families work together? [Re: carmela] #666086
09/13/12 04:24 PM
09/13/12 04:24 PM
LuanKuci Offline
Underboss
LuanKuci  Offline
Underboss
In Mafia Export, a great book by Francesco Forgione, there are tons of maps of Ndrangheta, Camorra and LCN crews operating in the US and Canada. I believe that Furio_From_Naples posted them all somewhere.

Even Thunder Bay, Ont. has an Ndrina!

[quote=Giancarlo]
The other thing that makes all these families in Italy, and coming from Italy, very confusing, is that the women don't change their last name over there, so it's sometimes hard to know if someone is related by marriage and who they're married to over there, unless you know the family. It's almost impossible to piece together.

Wait...you mean Mob women or any women?
Because as far as the Italians I know over there (family and friends) all women change their last name once married. Some keep it only for business reason on cards, plates, etc...

But Church-wise...all those that I know (around the Brescia and Palermo Provinces) have taken their hubby's cognome.

Re: Do the U.S. and Italy families work together? [Re: LuanKuci] #666088
09/13/12 04:45 PM
09/13/12 04:45 PM
NJ
carmela Offline
Underboss
carmela  Offline
Underboss
NJ
Originally Posted By: LuanKuci
In Mafia Export, a great book by Francesco Forgione, there are tons of maps of Ndrangheta, Camorra and LCN crews operating in the US and Canada. I believe that Furio_From_Naples posted them all somewhere.

Even Thunder Bay, Ont. has an Ndrina!

[quote=Giancarlo]

Wait...you mean Mob women or any women?
Because as far as the Italians I know over there (family and friends) all women change their last name once married. Some keep it only for business reason on cards, plates, etc...

But Church-wise...all those that I know (around the Brescia and Palermo Provinces) have taken their hubby's cognome.

In the original post, it was asked if Sicily/Italy mafia members answer to or for members in the US and I posted "no they don't". I never said there weren't any crews operating in the US. They are each operating independently of one another, save for a few rare operations tying in both, ie Operation Old Bridge. And really, what I was getting at, moreover, is if you are living here and were made in Sicily, your loyalties are there and not here.
There are guys that have moved to the US, but born and raised in Italy, and they continue to go back and forth doing business. Those, as well, have loyalties with Sicily, not here. That is getting deeper into the topic, though, when the simple answer to the original poster's question was "no".

I haven't read Mafia Export. I don't read mafia books, never have, never plan on it.

And yes, I was talking about all women. I don't know much about the north, admittedly, but in Sicily, NONE of the women change their last name. FACT. It was not allowed by the Italian gov't. If the rules have changed today, I don't know, but the women are still keeping their maiden names. I haven't met one or heard of one that has changed it.

Last edited by carmela; 09/13/12 04:54 PM.

La madre degli idioti e' sempre incinta.

Re: Do the U.S. and Italy families work together? [Re: carmela] #666089
09/13/12 05:27 PM
09/13/12 05:27 PM
G
Giancarlo Offline
Underboss
Giancarlo  Offline
G
Underboss
And yes, I was talking about all women. I don't know much about the north, admittedly, but in Sicily, NONE of the women change their last name. FACT. It was not allowed by the Italian gov't. If the rules have changed today, I don't know, but the women are still keeping their maiden names. I haven't met one or heard of one that has changed it.

I've read that too somewhere, about sicilian women keeping their maiden names. But i've never been there so thats pretty much all i know about it.

Re: Do the U.S. and Italy families work together? [Re: carmela] #666090
09/13/12 05:37 PM
09/13/12 05:37 PM
LuanKuci Offline
Underboss
LuanKuci  Offline
Underboss

I haven't read Mafia Export. I don't read mafia books, never have, never plan on it.

Too bad.

I highly recommend it to anyone who's interested in knowing what goes on across intercontinental borders OC-wise.

I sort the many "mafia books" by looking for those authors who actually know what they are writing about: such as persecutors, former chiefs of the D.I.A. or the R.O.S., for instance.

Francesco Forgione wrote one of the best book on the contemporary foreign connections of the three top Italian OC groups (Ndrangheta, Camorra and Cosa Nostra). He included maps, lists as well as all the sources that go back to the Italian Corte D'Assise.

He was the Vice Chairman of the Anti-Mafia Commission in 1996 and again in 2001. He was elected top Chairman in 2006 and led it until 2008.

Forgione works intensively with the Dutch, German, Swiss and UK authorities on the hunt for Italian OC fugitives believed to be hiding abroad.
His constant collaboration was key for the capture of Giovanni Strangio, the mastermind behind the Duisburg Massacre, who was arrested in Amsterdam in 2009.

Another book that I enjoyed was A Milano Comanda L'Ndrangheta (Milan is Ruled by the Ndrangheta), a page-turner filled with tons of info concerning the mobbed up activities in the food and construction industries in Italy's economical capital.

Journalists Giuseppe Caruso and Davide Carlucci didn't just end it there. There's even some tiny info of Calabrians working along Chinese gangsters in Milan and in Switzerland, a northern Italian businessman who wanted to be made (he got it) and even some info of few associates working in British Columbia.

I see.
In my honest and truthful personal experience, all women I know who reside around Brescia and in the Mezzojuso-Baucina-Villafrati-Ciminna area in the Palermo province have done it. Maybe that law was changed.

Re: Do the U.S. and Italy families work together? [Re: Wilson] #666091
09/13/12 05:48 PM
09/13/12 05:48 PM
NJ
carmela Offline
Underboss
carmela  Offline
Underboss
NJ
^^ Thank you for your books and authors which you recommend. For me, though, I really have not one bit of interest in learning anything about the mafia. I couldn't even care less about who's boss of the Genovese family, what Merlino is up to today, so on and so on.
My interest begins and ends with family and people that I know. That's why I only ever mention the same things and the families over and over. The rest is of no interest to me.
But, I'm sure guys on here will appreciate your recommendations. So, thanks.

If the people you know have changed their name, and I don't doubt you, but they haven't done it legally thru the state. It is not allowed. For all legal documents for the state of Italy, you must have your birth name. The ones you know, are using their husband's name, but it is not on legal documents that way. It can't be. Unless it is a double barrel name, such as Messina-Denaro, for example, where the mother's and father's names have been used to not lose the family names.

Last edited by carmela; 09/13/12 05:52 PM.

La madre degli idioti e' sempre incinta.

Re: Do the U.S. and Italy families work together? [Re: carmela] #666092
09/13/12 06:13 PM
09/13/12 06:13 PM
D
Dwalin2011 Offline
Underboss
Dwalin2011  Offline
D
Underboss
^^ For me, though, I really have not one bit of interest in learning anything about the mafia.

A pity. It's so enjoyable to read about them being put in jail (grabs Carlo Gambino and Tony Accardo by their necks and hits their heads one against another) smile
As one character in an Italian thriller about organized crime said: "seeing them handcuffed at least once makes me feel more alive".

Willie Marfeo to Henry Tameleo:

1) "You people want a loaf of bread and you throw the crumbs back. Well, fuck you. I ain't closing down."

2) "Get out of here, old man. Go tell Raymond to go shit in his hat. We're not giving you anything."
Re: Do the U.S. and Italy families work together? [Re: Wilson] #666159
09/14/12 02:03 PM
09/14/12 02:03 PM
New Orleans LA
FrankGaglianoJR Offline
Button
FrankGaglianoJR  Offline
Button
New Orleans LA
So what if a made Scilian guy came over here for lets say vacation, and he stepped on the toes of a wise guy in lets say for example the Lucchese's lets say he ripped off a Lucchese wise guy...for the sake of arguement.... would the scilian mob boss's put out a hit on the Lucchese wise guy or would they settle it another way.. how does this relationship work between the 2 crime groups?

"According to my best recollection,I don't remember."
- Vincent "Jimmy Blue Eyes" Alo
Re: Do the U.S. and Italy families work together? [Re: Wilson] #666162
09/14/12 02:23 PM
09/14/12 02:23 PM
M
m2w Offline
Underboss
m2w  Offline
M
Underboss
in the past sicilian bosses advised american ones if some made members was going to the states through letters

Re: Do the U.S. and Italy families work together? [Re: LuanKuci] #775693
05/04/14 10:47 PM
05/04/14 10:47 PM
C
cornuto_e_contento Offline
Capo
cornuto_e_contento  Offline
C
Capo

Too bad.

I highly recommend it to anyone who's interested in knowing what goes on across intercontinental borders OC-wise.

I sort the many "mafia books" by looking for those authors who actually know what they are writing about: such as persecutors, former chiefs of the D.I.A. or the R.O.S., for instance.

Francesco Forgione wrote one of the best book on the contemporary foreign connections of the three top Italian OC groups (Ndrangheta, Camorra and Cosa Nostra). He included maps, lists as well as all the sources that go back to the Italian Corte D'Assise.

He was the Vice Chairman of the Anti-Mafia Commission in 1996 and again in 2001. He was elected top Chairman in 2006 and led it until 2008.

Forgione works intensively with the Dutch, German, Swiss and UK authorities on the hunt for Italian OC fugitives believed to be hiding abroad.
His constant collaboration was key for the capture of Giovanni Strangio, the mastermind behind the Duisburg Massacre, who was arrested in Amsterdam in 2009.

Another book that I enjoyed was A Milano Comanda L'Ndrangheta (Milan is Ruled by the Ndrangheta), a page-turner filled with tons of info concerning the mobbed up activities in the food and construction industries in Italy's economical capital.

Journalists Giuseppe Caruso and Davide Carlucci didn't just end it there. There's even some tiny info of Calabrians working along Chinese gangsters in Milan and in Switzerland, a northern Italian businessman who wanted to be made (he got it) and even some info of few associates working in British Columbia.

I see.
In my honest and truthful personal experience, all women I know who reside around Brescia and in the Mezzojuso-Baucina-Villafrati-Ciminna area in the Palermo province have done it. Maybe that law was changed.

Luan-If you believe that those organizations and RICO have made them "weak" or "dead" I have some swamp land in Arizona to sell you. wink

Re: Do the U.S. and Italy families work together? [Re: cornuto_e_contento] #775711
05/05/14 02:57 AM
05/05/14 02:57 AM
LuanKuci Offline
Underboss
LuanKuci  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: cornuto_e_contento
Luan-If you believe that those organizations and RICO have made them "weak" or "dead" I have some swamp land in Arizona to sell you. wink

Cornuto-If you believe that my post had anything to do with the idea that those organizations and RICO have made them "weak" or "dead" I have some swamp land in Arizona to sell you. wink

Re: Do the U.S. and Italy families work together? [Re: Wilson] #775717
05/05/14 04:30 AM
05/05/14 04:30 AM
T
TheAustralian Offline
Made Member
TheAustralian  Offline
T
Made Member
Didn't some Gambino guys get done recently on some huge heroin/coke thing with some Ndrangheta family?

Re: Do the U.S. and Italy families work together? [Re: TheAustralian] #775721
05/05/14 04:56 AM
05/05/14 04:56 AM
U
USICILIANU Offline
Button
USICILIANU  Offline
U
Button
Originally Posted By: TheAustralian
Didn't some Gambino guys get done recently on some huge heroin/coke thing with some Ndrangheta family?

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/nyc-...ticle-1.1609347

Yes there was this big 'ndrangheta bust the guys were hiding the cocaine in frozen fishes. Smart move.

Re: Do the U.S. and Italy families work together? [Re: USICILIANU] #775722
05/05/14 04:58 AM
05/05/14 04:58 AM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Originally Posted By: USICILIANU

Yes there was this big 'ndrangheta bust the guys were hiding the cocaine in frozen fishes. Smart move.

Not that smart. You're reading about it, aren't you? lol

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: Do the U.S. and Italy families work together? [Re: pizzaboy] #775731
05/05/14 05:43 AM
05/05/14 05:43 AM
U
USICILIANU Offline
Button
USICILIANU  Offline
U
Button
Originally Posted By: pizzaboy

lol I'm reading about it yes but before that happened they made a good amount of money with this scheme.

Re: Do the U.S. and Italy families work together? [Re: LuanKuci] #775768
05/05/14 08:15 AM
05/05/14 08:15 AM
C
cornuto_e_contento Offline
Capo
cornuto_e_contento  Offline
C
Capo
Originally Posted By: cornuto_e_contento

Cornuto-If you believe that my post had anything to do with the idea that those organizations and RICO have made them "weak" or "dead" I have some swamp land in Arizona to sell you. wink

My post was said in jest but I think it's amusing how the American media at least, and people here claim that the OC group from the island is "dead", "no longer around", "signifigantly weakened because of RICO", "no longer powerful", etc.

Re: Do the U.S. and Italy families work together? [Re: AmericanCrime] #775849
05/05/14 12:21 PM
05/05/14 12:21 PM
New Jersey
Dellacroce Offline
Underboss
Dellacroce  Offline
Underboss
New Jersey
Originally Posted By: AmericanCrime

Here are a few - Deaths Atrributed to Cherry Hill Gambinos -

*Pietro Inzerillo, Jr. - Identified as an associate by LE. was found in the trunk of a car in the parking lot of a Mount Laurel hotel in January 1982.

*Sollena Brothers - Matteo and Salvatore, respectively. Also found in the trunks of cars in the early 80s

Just a few I've counted

another one that the Gambino brothers(along with lorenzo mannino) wound up being convicted for, was Francesco Oliveri. According to Gravano, John Gambino had Oliveri killed because his son killed a member of John G's crew and a distant relative of his Giuseppe Gambino.

kinda interesting about the Sollena Brothers murder is that Yogi Merlino was originally arrested for it and the charges were later dropped, and of course Yogi went on to later flip, Yogi told the feds that Guissippi Gambino(john's brother) came to apologize to him about the mix up with him getting charged with the Sollenas murder, merlino also said that Gambino told him that they killed the Sollena brothers for stealing from them and spending all the money they stole in AC casinos.

"Let me tell you something. There's no nobility in poverty. I've been a poor man, and I've been a rich man. And I choose rich every fucking time."

-Jordan Belfort
Re: Do the U.S. and Italy families work together? [Re: Wilson] #775869
05/05/14 03:27 PM
05/05/14 03:27 PM
Larry's Bar
Giacomo_Vacari Offline
Underboss
Giacomo_Vacari  Offline
Underboss
Larry's Bar
The U.S. and the Italian families don't need to work together, but they do to maintain friendly ties to one another. Better to have an ally or a friend across the ocean then having an enemy across that same ocean.

"I have this Nightmare. I'm on 5th avenue watching the St. Patrick's Day parade and I have a coronary and nine thousand cops march happily over my body." Chief Sidney Green
Re: Do the U.S. and Italy families work together? [Re: USICILIANU] #775884
05/05/14 05:39 PM
05/05/14 05:39 PM
New Jersey
Dellacroce Offline
Underboss
Dellacroce  Offline
Underboss
New Jersey
Originally Posted By: pizzaboy

lol I'm reading about it yes but before that happened they made a good amount of money with this scheme.

Did they though? from what i can tell from the press releases and motions filed is that the feds moved in before this scheme got out of the planning stage. don't get me wrong I'm sure these guys were earning in New York, but it seems the only drugs that actually wound being internationally shipped was the brick of heroin that got shipped from italy to the US going to the undercover fed.

"Let me tell you something. There's no nobility in poverty. I've been a poor man, and I've been a rich man. And I choose rich every fucking time."

-Jordan Belfort
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull