GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 126 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,415
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,815
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,505
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,300
Posts1,058,181
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Social backround of mobsters? #646672
05/09/12 09:59 AM
05/09/12 09:59 AM
B
bladerkeks Offline OP
Button
bladerkeks  Offline OP
B
Button
Can someone of you say what the nowadays mobsters in the USA social backround is?Is there a difference between the leaders and the normal men?Are there members who went to university?has that changed since the beginning?Is it normal for made men to have relatives in the mob and do the kids of mobsters also become criminals in gerneral?Is it even normal to have ekids for them in this times?
can that be compared to the situation of cosa nostra ,camorra and ndrangheta?

Last edited by bladerkeks; 05/09/12 10:06 AM.
Re: Social backround of mobsters? [Re: bladerkeks] #646730
05/09/12 02:23 PM
05/09/12 02:23 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Being born into the mob in America is a lot different than being born into the mob in Sicily. In America the children have more choices. In Sicily, the kids who are born into the Mafia only know one way, so I don't fault them as much for inevitably joining. Now I'm not saying that they "never had a chance" or anything like that, but in Sicily it's certainly understandable. In America, if your father is a moneyed mob boss, you're certainly not stealing to put food on the table.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: Social backround of mobsters? [Re: bladerkeks] #646737
05/09/12 02:54 PM
05/09/12 02:54 PM
NJ
carmela Offline
Underboss
carmela  Offline
Underboss
NJ
The difference between American LCN and in Sicily is that it's absolutely not necessary in the US. I don't think mafioso expect, let alone want, their sons doing what they are either.
In Sicily, it's rare that the boys don't follow their fathers. It's life. What else is there, work is scarce. The thing is this, though... there's always a vendetta somebody is trying to satisfy. Cosa Nostra fight each other more than anyone else. Sure the money, but Sicilians are a whole other breed. They're old souls. They hold grudges, they want to avenge deaths from the past and it never ends. They command respect, honor and loyalty. The money is secondary I dont care what anybody says.

Now, the few that choose not to follow their family into that life, end up living miserable existences anyhow. They never have a moment's peace from the govt. The govt is relentless to prove that they have to be connected for the simple fact that their family is. If they are throwing a b'day party, police will bust in and tear the place up and check every guest there looking for something. If there is a wedding, same thing. They show up at your door any and all hours, throw all your shit upside down and look for any little thing to prove you're involved. They look at what kind of wedding your throwing, how you afforded it, ANYTHING to connect you. It's hard to live right even when they want to.
Recently, someone I know over there who has tried to live right, was found with some weed in his house after a random search by LE. They called it mob-related, though they had no proof lol and arrested him and brought him up on mafia charges. But, then again over there the govt makes their own rules and changes them at will. Guilty until proven innocent.

And really, even the ones that insist they are living legit, probably really aren't. lol

Last edited by carmela; 05/09/12 05:16 PM.

La madre degli idioti e' sempre incinta.

Re: Social backround of mobsters? [Re: bladerkeks] #646907
05/10/12 10:27 PM
05/10/12 10:27 PM
U
UnderTheClock Offline
Wiseguy
UnderTheClock  Offline
U
Wiseguy
College? The Cheeseman for one. I went to college with him.

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull