GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 142 guests, and 2 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,095
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,284
Hollander 23,360
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,487
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,218
Posts1,056,202
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Top Lucchese Capo Anthony Baratta out September #627918
01/04/12 10:09 PM
01/04/12 10:09 PM
Brooklyn, New York
Dapper_Don Offline OP
Underboss
Dapper_Don  Offline OP
Underboss
Brooklyn, New York

I posted this over at the real deal as well and wanted to see what people thought about this guy.This guy gets out September 25th and I was wondering if anybody thinks he might himself in the admin in the future? or retain his original rank as Captain since he was a stand up guy and was originally made by the Bronx faction just like Crea. I was looking into this guy's past and then found out there was a falling out with him and Crew over a table at Rao's and Capeci wrote about it last year. It all started when the Genovese claimed a table that belonged to Bowat at Rao's and Genovese Capo Buster Ardito pushed for Bellomo (who was in the can) to rule the table was his as opposed to other Genoevse wiseguys.

"A major topic of discussion during the investigation was a long-running dispute between Ardito and several Genovese wiseguys over a table at Rao's, the legendary East Harlem eatery where dining while rubbing elbows with wiseguys is a favored pastime of ex-cops, lawyers, politicians, and celebrities.

According to numerous convoluted conversations, the Genoveses claimed a table that had belonged to imprisoned Luchese capo Anthony "Bowat" Barratta, and Ardito steadfastly pushed Peluso to coerce and cajole Muscarella, Cirillo, and Bellomo to rule that Buster, not a slew of family pretenders, deserved use of the table every other week.

After meeting with the imprisoned Bellomo, who's been incarcerated since 1996, Peluso reported back that Barney, who had just been hit with racketeering charges while serving a sentence for extortion, was incensed at being drawn into such a trivial matter.

"I don't know what the hell's going on out there. But I'll tell you one thing, they're all going to get pinched [if] they want to make issues and sit-downs over issues like this," Bellomo said, according to an affidavit by Mr. Inzerillo.

Ultimately, according to the affidavits and other sources, Mario Gigante, the family's latest acting boss - and an older brother of the late Vincent "Chin" Gigante - settled the issue by giving back the table to the Luchese family in the person of Steven Crea, who's due out of prison in two months.

Meanwhile, Peluso, the family's trusted mob "counselor" who delivered messages for family elders going back to Anthony "Fat Tony" Salerno, secretly pleaded guilty and switched sides. He is waiting to back up the government's latest salvo from the witness stand."

http://www.nysun.com/new-york/buster-ardito-hunts-for-bugs/34885/

"A ROW AT RAO'S
Everybody from Gov. Pataki to Mariah Carey vies for seats at Rao's.
So it's no wonder some real-life wiseguys have been having a (surf 'n') turf war over a table at the tiny East Harlem restaurant.
According to wiretaps, former acting Lucchese family boss Anthony (Bowat) Baratta, imprisoned for drug dealing, sent word to current acting boss Steve Crea that he should let Baratta's son use his table at Rao's. Crea sent word back that Baratta's son was "off the wall" to ask for such a thing. But former Daily News columnist Jerry Capeci reports on Ganglandnews.com that Baratta's son complained to his father, who enlisted another jailed Lucchese boss, Joseph (Little Joe) DeFede, to lean on Crea.
"What the [bleep] is it they want?" an exasperated Crea asked Lucchese soldier Dominick Truscello in a taped phone conversation.
"They want the table," said Truscello.
Capeci reports that a sit-down has now resolved the dispute: Baratta's son gets the table three weeks a month, while Crea has it every fourth week.
Rao's owner Frank Pellegrino, who plays FBI Agent Cubitoso on "The Sopranos," tells us, "I have no knowledge of any of this.""

http://articles.nydailynews.com/2001-10-14/gossip/18366915_1_friend-nora-kaye-divorce/2

"Mobster Gets Old 'Killer Smile' Back With Help From BOP from Ganglandnews"

It took him awhile, but 72-year-old Luchese capo Anthony (Bowat) Baratta finally figured out what’s hot and what’s not when you’re behind bars doing time for drug trafficking.

In the “not” category is selling heroin to an informer. That turned out badly for him in the mid-1990s, costing him eight more years in prison. More recently, as his “get-out-of-jail” date neared, he hit on a “hot” idea, one that he used to get back the “killer smile” he had in his heyday when he served on a panel of capos who ran the Lucheses.

Courtesy of the federal government’s Bureau of Prisons, the once-wealthy mobster got himself a brand new set of choppers.

It wasn’t only for cosmetic purposes, his friends insist. Sources say Baratta, who’s due to be released from the federal prison in Loretto, Pennsylvania next year, like many men in his age group, had a definite need for his new dentures. Bowat also suffered the same pain and torture that most patients endure during the long process from extractions to implants to fittings for new dentures – “only worse,” say his pals.

Bowat began the process more than two years ago, and was “virtually toothless and in constant pain for many months,” said one source. These days, sources tell Gang Land, he’s pain free, has gotten his implants, and has gone through several sessions to have his new dentures fitted.

“I hear he’s looking pretty good,” said one knowledgeable Gang Land source who says he is eager to see Baratta.

Bowat had a lot of time to chew on his dental problems. He’s resided in one BOP facility or another since 1992. Rather than go up against acting underboss Alfonso (Little Al) D’Arco and a gaggle of lesser-ranked family turncoats prepared to testify against him, he decided to cop a plea deal to a slew of charges that were lodged against him in two separate indictments.

Baratta, who allegedly drove a crash car in the 1989 slayings of two brothers-in-law who bucked the Luchese crime family by operating a garbage collecting business on Long Island, got14 years. Then he had eight years added to his prison time after getting sucked into a heroin deal in 1998.

His new dentures will also serve another important function for Baratta when – and if – he ever gets back to dining every week at Rao’s, the legendary East Harlem restaurant that is a favored eatery for wiseguys as well as politicians, actors and other celebrities.

A former resident of Pleasant Avenue, the same block where Rao’s is located, Baratta controlled the family’s reservation there before he went to prison, according to tape recorded conversations picked up by an NYPD wiretap.

As Gang Land reported back in 2001, the imprisoned Bowat did pretty well when Luchese capo Steven (Stevie Wonder) Crea was tape recorded trashing Bowat and tried to take him off the family’s table in a nasty dispute. At a sitdown, however, cooler heads prevailed, and Crea got it one week a month, while Baratta retained the crime family’s table for three weeks a month.

These days, however, Stevie Wonder is the gangster who most people say is currently the family’s most powerful mobster. Hopefully, cooler heads will again prevail, and both Bowat and Stevie Wonder will be able to co-exist at the tiny 10-and-a-half table restaurant.

According to an FBI report that Gang Land obtained recently, the battered and bruised Lucheses – as well as the Gambinos and Genoveses – now have twice-a-week reservations at Rao’s, which is only open weekdays. “If you can’t make it in five, you can’t do it in seven,” is one of co-owner Frank (Frankie No) Pellegrino’s favorite throwaway lines whenever he is asked how come he doesn’t open on Saturdays and Sundays.

The crime families each have one of the bigger tables in the middle of the restaurant, but the most powerful Genovese clan’s is closest to the bar, while the Lucheses, the smallest and least influential of the three borghatas, is situated closest to the opposite wall.

Things could obviously be much worse. At least they have a regular reserved table. For the most part, members of the Bonanno and Colombo families need a favor from a rival wiseguy to get a reservation, but owner-host Pellegrino – despite his ominous “Frankie No” handle – does make exceptions. Some times."

In May 1990, after Lucchese crime family boss Vittorio "Vic" Amuso and underboss Anthony "Gaspipe" Casso were indicted on labor racketeering, extortion, drug trafficking and murder, they went into hiding, leaving Alphonse "Little Al" D'Arco as Acting Boss.

In 1991, Baratta serving as Acting Underboss viewed a Genovese family list of proposed new members, he commented to D'Arco, after seeing the name Ralph Desimone "He is a rat.". A sitdown was arranged between the two family's. The Genovese family Acting Boss Liborio Bellomo, Acting Underboss Michael Generoso and Consigliere James Ida attended the meeting to discuss "Ralph Desimone" with Lucchese family Acting Boss Alphonse D'Arco and Baratta as Acting Underboss. The Genovese leaders asked Baratta about Desimone he said "Desimone had been a government witness", the Genovese leaders leave saying "will take care of it". On June 13, 1991 Desimone's dead body was found in a truck of a car at LaGuardia Airport.

Last edited by Dapper_Don; 01/04/12 10:36 PM.

Tommy Shots: They want me running the family, don't they know I have a young wife?
Sal Vitale: (laughs) Tommy, jump in, the water's fine.

Re: Top Lucchese Capo Anthony Baratta out September [Re: Dapper_Don] #627938
01/05/12 03:31 AM
01/05/12 03:31 AM
I
IvyLeague Offline
IvyLeague  Offline
I

Quote:
"I don't know what the hell's going on out there. But I'll tell you one thing, they're all going to get pinched [if] they want to make issues and sit-downs over issues like this," Bellomo said, according to an affidavit by Mr. Inzerillo.

Indeed.

Mods should mind their own business and leave poster's profile signatures alone.
Re: Top Lucchese Capo Anthony Baratta out September [Re: Dapper_Don] #692673
01/24/13 06:11 PM
01/24/13 06:11 PM
Willenhall
Philip_Lombardo Offline
Underboss
Philip_Lombardo  Offline
Underboss
Willenhall
Reckon he's the Underboss?

Re: Top Lucchese Capo Anthony Baratta out September [Re: Dapper_Don] #692690
01/24/13 06:52 PM
01/24/13 06:52 PM
Massachusetts, USA
123JoeSchmo Offline
Underboss
123JoeSchmo  Offline
Underboss
Massachusetts, USA
Probably not. More than likely Stevie's got his own inner circle.

"Don't ever go against the family again. Ever"- Michael Corleone
Re: Top Lucchese Capo Anthony Baratta out September [Re: 123JoeSchmo] #692736
01/24/13 10:59 PM
01/24/13 10:59 PM
Brooklyn, New York
Dapper_Don Offline OP
Underboss
Dapper_Don  Offline OP
Underboss
Brooklyn, New York
Originally Posted By: 123JoeSchmo
Probably not. More than likely Stevie's got his own inner circle.

Yep

Tommy Shots: They want me running the family, don't they know I have a young wife?
Sal Vitale: (laughs) Tommy, jump in, the water's fine.

Re: Top Lucchese Capo Anthony Baratta out September [Re: Dapper_Don] #692760
01/25/13 02:40 AM
01/25/13 02:40 AM
DiLorenzo Offline
Underboss
DiLorenzo  Offline
Underboss
he wound up being wrong ..desimone wasn't a rat !!!

Re: Top Lucchese Capo Anthony Baratta out September [Re: Dapper_Don] #692825
01/25/13 04:38 PM
01/25/13 04:38 PM
Ted Offline
Underboss
Ted  Offline
Underboss
What would it take for your average Joe Blow to get a reservation at Rao's? If you slipped the host $500 do you think can get a table?

"I die outside; I die in jail. It don't matter to me," -John Franzese
Re: Top Lucchese Capo Anthony Baratta out September [Re: Dapper_Don] #692836
01/25/13 06:10 PM
01/25/13 06:10 PM
T
TonyBoy117 Offline
Underboss
TonyBoy117  Offline
T
Underboss
My aunts ate there recently with their husbands, I believe they got a reservation about 9 months in advance

Re: Top Lucchese Capo Anthony Baratta out September [Re: Dapper_Don] #692838
01/25/13 06:13 PM
01/25/13 06:13 PM
T
TonyBoy117 Offline
Underboss
TonyBoy117  Offline
T
Underboss
Also you aren't just seated at a table, the tables are "Owned" and theirs an arrangement similar to a time share on some, it's strange but I guess it's an East Harlem thing lol

Re: Top Lucchese Capo Anthony Baratta out September [Re: TonyBoy117] #692839
01/25/13 06:16 PM
01/25/13 06:16 PM
Scotland
Camarel Offline
Underboss
Camarel  Offline
Underboss
Scotland
Originally Posted By: TonyBoy117
My aunts ate there recently with their husbands, I believe they got a reservation about 9 months in advance

Damn 9 months! Is it really that ggood?

Re: Top Lucchese Capo Anthony Baratta out September [Re: Dapper_Don] #692841
01/25/13 06:21 PM
01/25/13 06:21 PM
G
gamms Offline
Was: sitonmyface11
gamms  Offline
Was: sitonmyface11
G
Underboss
slip me five hundred ill get you a seat.lol.

Re: Top Lucchese Capo Anthony Baratta out September [Re: Dapper_Don] #692860
01/25/13 07:32 PM
01/25/13 07:32 PM
NJ
carmela Offline
Underboss
carmela  Offline
Underboss
NJ
Over-rated and food is just average. My husband went there once with me and said never again. They come over to the table, talk non stop and were all in his face. It's got mafia fanboy written all over it. But if you like that kinda stuff....

Last edited by carmela; 01/25/13 07:32 PM.

La madre degli idioti e' sempre incinta.

Re: Top Lucchese Capo Anthony Baratta out September [Re: Dapper_Don] #772948
04/14/14 04:19 AM
04/14/14 04:19 AM
M
mickey2 Offline
Capo
mickey2  Offline
M
Capo
any infos on this ralph desimone guy?

Re: Top Lucchese Capo Anthony Baratta out September [Re: Dapper_Don] #773003
04/14/14 01:22 PM
04/14/14 01:22 PM
Bamboo Lounge
NickyEyes1 Offline
Hawks Bears Bulls Sox
NickyEyes1  Offline
Hawks Bears Bulls Sox
Underboss
Bamboo Lounge
Anyone know where the nickname "bowat" came from?

Re: Top Lucchese Capo Anthony Baratta out September [Re: NickyEyes1] #773007
04/14/14 01:25 PM
04/14/14 01:25 PM
Moe_Tilden Offline
ForeverBotheringIranians
Moe_Tilden  Offline
ForeverBotheringIranians

Originally Posted By: NickyEyes1

I swear to God I was literally going to ask the same question. What are the odds.

I was wondering the same thing (obviously). Maybe it's just bow and at put together, as in bow at my feet or something.

I invoke my right under the 5th amendment of the United States constitution and decline to answer the question.
Re: Top Lucchese Capo Anthony Baratta out September [Re: mickey2] #773016
04/14/14 02:00 PM
04/14/14 02:00 PM
Midwest
LittleNicky Offline
Underboss
LittleNicky  Offline
Underboss
Midwest
Originally Posted By: mickey2
any infos on this ralph desimone guy?

Ralph was the co-owner of the Englewood Cliffs Mobil Station where he operated. Ralph and his father, Joseph DeSimone who the capo in the Bonnano family,Joseph DeSimone's brother-in-law was convicted in 1993 with eight other guys of racketeering activity that included bookmaking, loansharking, gambling activities and distributing marijuana

he is referred to ida's appeal(176 F.3d 580)

Conspiracy to Murder Ralph Desimone
Quote:

In 1991 D'Arco was acting boss of the Lucchese Family. Ida gave him a list of persons being proposed for membership in the Genovese Family. The acting underboss of the Lucchese Family, Anthony Baratta, said to D'Arco when he saw the name of Ralph Desimone, "He is a rat." A meeting was arranged in January or February 1991 with Ida, now the consigliere of the Genovese Family, and Michael Generoso, its acting underboss, and Liborio Bellomo, its acting boss. Baratta came, as did the acting consigliere of the Lucchese Family and D'Arco. Baratta told the group that Desimone had been a government witness. They asked if he was sure. Ida said, "Could you get us the minutes?" Baratta said, "Yes." At that point Generoso stepped forward and said, "We will take care of it." Along with his statement, Generoso made a motion with his finger like a gun. Ida said, "Yeah." All of them nodded.

On June 13, 1991 Desimone's body was found in the trunk of his own car at LaGuardia airport, his legs bound and his head covered with plastic garbage bags. He had been shot twice in the head and three times in the chest. At trial the government offered evidence that the murderer had been a friend of Desimone's, Louis Ruggiero, and Ruggiero went on trial in this case for the actual murder as an act of racketeering violative of RICO.

The jury could reasonably have concluded from D'Arco's account of the conversation in which Baratta disclosed his information about Desimone that the leaders of the Genovese Family including Ida had agreed to procure his death. Ida now contends on this appeal that there is insufficient evidence to prove that there was an overt act on behalf of the conspirators to carry out their agreement. The circumstances under which Desimone's body was found suggested murder professionally executed. Money was in his wallet, suggesting that robbery was not the motive. The jury acquitted Ruggiero of the murder as an act of racketeering, a charge that required proof that the act was for money or intended to maintain or improve his position in the criminal enterprise. The absence of proof on the latter point did not mean that Ruggiero was innocent of the murder itself; as to that, the district court concluded, on the basis of the evidence presented, that Ruggiero was indeed the murderer. The Genovese Family had the motive to procure this murder.

Yet there is a gap in the government's case. The government contends in its brief that Ruggiero was "a long time Genovese associate." The evidence is that Ruggiero was known both to the murdered Family member Dilorenzo and to his own murder victim Desimone, a Family associate, and that Ruggiero was videotaped on three occasions in 1984 visiting the Palma Boys Social Club, a place where the affairs of the Genovese Family were discussed. The evidence falls short of establishing that Ruggiero was a Genovese Family associate. It falls short also of showing that Ruggiero was the instrument of the Genovese Family in carrying out its conspiracy to kill Desimone. There is no proof of a connection between the murder and the putative murderer and the Genovese Family.

Last edited by LittleNicky; 04/14/14 02:06 PM.

Should probably ask Mr. Kierney. I guess if you're Italian, you should be in prison.
I've read the RICO Act, and I can tell you it's more appropriate...
for some of those guys over in Washington than it is for me or any of my fellas here
Re: Top Lucchese Capo Anthony Baratta out September [Re: Dapper_Don] #773820
04/22/14 04:44 AM
04/22/14 04:44 AM
Moe_Tilden Offline
ForeverBotheringIranians
Moe_Tilden  Offline
ForeverBotheringIranians

I invoke my right under the 5th amendment of the United States constitution and decline to answer the question.
Re: Top Lucchese Capo Anthony Baratta out September [Re: NickyEyes1] #773821
04/22/14 05:02 AM
04/22/14 05:02 AM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Originally Posted By: NickyEyes1

It was his father's nickname first. That's where Anthony got it.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: Top Lucchese Capo Anthony Baratta out September [Re: Dapper_Don] #774281
04/25/14 02:07 PM
04/25/14 02:07 PM
T
tt120 Offline
Capo
tt120  Offline
T
Capo
in darco's book he mentioned that him, and crea, both didnt care for baratta. crea is briefly mentioned in the book but its toward the end, before darco decides to flip.

anyone know if baratta still owns quattro gatti restaurant? still open and has been open the entire time he was locked up. decent food too

Re: Top Lucchese Capo Anthony Baratta out September [Re: Dapper_Don] #774324
04/26/14 05:26 AM
04/26/14 05:26 AM
B
Belmont Offline
Underboss
Belmont  Offline
B
Underboss
Where is that restaurant located ?

Re: Top Lucchese Capo Anthony Baratta out September [Re: Belmont] #774329
04/26/14 05:43 AM
04/26/14 05:43 AM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Originally Posted By: Belmont

Upper East Side.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: Top Lucchese Capo Anthony Baratta out September [Re: tt120] #774338
04/26/14 06:52 AM
04/26/14 06:52 AM
Secret location (WITSEC)
HairyKnuckles Offline
Underboss
HairyKnuckles  Offline
Underboss
Secret location (WITSEC)
Originally Posted By: tt120
in darco's book he mentioned that him, and crea, both didnt care for baratta. crea is briefly mentioned in the book but its toward the end, before darco decides to flip.

Although being part of the Bronx faction (which was being decimated and reduced in power by Amuso and Casso at the time), Baratta was a staunch Amuso follower.

As for his/his father´s nickname, it may be a "corupt" version of their last name.

[Linked Image]
Re: Top Lucchese Capo Anthony Baratta out September [Re: pizzaboy] #774347
04/26/14 07:46 AM
04/26/14 07:46 AM
T
tt120 Offline
Capo
tt120  Offline
T
Capo
Originally Posted By: pizzaboy
Originally Posted By: Belmont

Upper East Side.

yah Belmont its on 81st Street at 3rd Ave. Decent food but the service is a little overbearing if that makes sense. decor is a dated too, and not in a classic way. feels like you're stepping into 1982. BUT, i still recommend it. check it out in the summer so you can sit outside cool

Originally Posted By: HairyKnuckles
Originally Posted By: tt120

Although being part of the Bronx faction (which was being decimated and reduced in power by Amuso and Casso at the time), Baratta was a staunch Amuso follower.

As for his/his father´s nickname, it may be a "corupt" version of their last name.

instead of being a staunch amuso loyalist it was most likely him being a staunch loyalist of whoever was in charge. smarter to do that, be a yes man, and be able to keep running a crew and make money instead of bucking the system. id guess he'd be loyal to whoever allowed him to autonomously sell dope and run a crew

Last edited by tt120; 04/26/14 07:51 AM.
Re: Top Lucchese Capo Anthony Baratta out September [Re: Dapper_Don] #774348
04/26/14 07:47 AM
04/26/14 07:47 AM
T
TommyGambino Offline
Underboss
TommyGambino  Offline
T
Underboss
If Baratta wants back in he'll have to settle for soldier.

Re: Top Lucchese Capo Anthony Baratta out September [Re: TommyGambino] #774355
04/26/14 08:27 AM
04/26/14 08:27 AM
T
tt120 Offline
Capo
tt120  Offline
T
Capo
Originally Posted By: TommyGambino

i always wonder what life is like for guys like him who were big in the game, on the right side, making money, and then they go away for a long time. think about how much the city and the world in general has changed since the time he went to jail. hopefully for his sake he put his money into the right places - apparently he did well for himself - because at his age coming out of jail and having no other choice but to "make moves" and hustle again would be horrible.

what a miserable life

Re: Top Lucchese Capo Anthony Baratta out September [Re: Dapper_Don] #774360
04/26/14 09:26 AM
04/26/14 09:26 AM
Moe_Tilden Offline
ForeverBotheringIranians
Moe_Tilden  Offline
ForeverBotheringIranians

I feel more sorry for the children who have to grow up without fathers than I do cold-hearted, evil cowards like Baratta.

These guys were killing civilians and women!

Who gives a crap if they end up destitute. Live by the sword, die by the sword.

Pity stronger men like Kubecka and Barstow don't have that chance to make something of their lives again.

Edit: And I don't think Bowat finds his life "miserable" at all. The guy still has a seat at Rao's restaurant, has a new set of teeth (probably paid for with taxpayer's money) and spent his time in prison selling drugs rather than repenting.

Last edited by Moe_Tilden; 04/26/14 09:28 AM.

Re: Top Lucchese Capo Anthony Baratta out September [Re: Moe_Tilden] #774362
04/26/14 09:46 AM
04/26/14 09:46 AM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Originally Posted By: Moe_Tilden
I feel more sorry for the children who have to grow up without fathers than I do cold-hearted, evil cowards like Baratta.

Pity stronger men like Kubecka and Barstow don't have that chance to make something of their lives again.

Edit: And I don't think Bowat finds his life "miserable" at all. The guy still has a seat at Rao's restaurant, has a new set of teeth (probably paid for with taxpayer's money) and spent his time in prison selling drugs rather than repenting.

Spot-on.

Some of these guys are okay and obviously not as bad as some others. But Bowat's not a nice guy wink .

Re: Top Lucchese Capo Anthony Baratta out September [Re: TommyGambino] #774363
04/26/14 09:47 AM
04/26/14 09:47 AM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Originally Posted By: TommyGambino

Also true. The current administration loathes him.

Re: Top Lucchese Capo Anthony Baratta out September [Re: Moe_Tilden] #774519
04/27/14 04:57 PM
04/27/14 04:57 PM
T
tt120 Offline
Capo
tt120  Offline
T
Capo
Originally Posted By: Moe_Tilden

yeah, I totally agree. I didnt mean that I felt any sort of way toward Baratta or anyone else. im just curious as to what life is like for guys like him when they come out of jail to a whole new world, and potentially coming out broke.

not only are the victims and victims families worthy of sympathy, but sometimes the families and children of the gangsters themselves have a rough deal too. a shit head kid i grew up with who was a childhood friend of mine had two kids at a very young age and started selling drugs and doing other dumb stuff under the flag of "i gotta feed my family". using that "i gotta feed my family" excuse to justify his laziness and greed, not realizing that his kids would value him being out of jail and in their lives , more than they would the pairs of baby Air Jordans he would buy them. he's been in and out of jail for 7 years and doesnt even see his kids anymore panic

you mentioned kubecka and barstow... that is one of the most tragic LCN victim stories ever id have to say, right up there with the "wrong" Nicholas Guido being killed on Christmas Day

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull