GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 112 guests, and 2 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,095
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,284
Hollander 23,355
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,487
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,216
Posts1,056,191
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 48 of 90 1 2 46 47 48 49 50 89 90
Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion, Part III [Re: Irishman12] #974499
07/06/19 11:11 PM
07/06/19 11:11 PM
Where ever needed.
DuesPaid Offline
Banned
DuesPaid  Offline
Banned

Where ever needed.
Originally Posted by Irishman12
GLASS

I saw this last night and I absolutely loved it! I didn't read any reviews going in to it but I heard they weren't positive. I really don't understand why? The story was incredibly strong and engaging. The cast was all top notch. Shyamalan always has his twist at the end (which in this case, was actually 2). Definitely better than SPLIT and as good, if not better, than UNBREAKABLE. I'm sure the story will end here but if Shyamalan decided he wanted to continue it, I'd be down for some more. I know it's too early in the year but I could see this being in my Top 10 all year, or worst case scenario, an honorable mention by years end. Go see it! 7.5/10

This was our second movie this evening and we also enjoyed it, that dude with 23 personalities was amazing.
And Bruce... my goodness, that last shot of him. We were pissed.

Very rare when we watch a movie that we enjoy and appreciate every characters role and performance.

Gripping Ending
Great Movie.

Last edited by DuesPaid; 07/06/19 11:17 PM.

Be Loyal, Be Loving, Be Quiet.
Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion, Part III [Re: J Geoff] #974527
07/07/19 04:39 PM
07/07/19 04:39 PM
The Villa Quatro
Irishman12 Offline
THE BOSS
Irishman12  Offline
THE BOSS

The Villa Quatro
Glad you enjoyed both DP!

Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion, Part III [Re: Irishman12] #974558
07/07/19 09:24 PM
07/07/19 09:24 PM
Where ever needed.
DuesPaid Offline
Banned
DuesPaid  Offline
Banned

Where ever needed.

We really did and spoke of it all day.

Today we watched Hotel Mumbai , crazie people in this world.

Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion, Part III [Re: DuesPaid] #974603
07/08/19 01:29 PM
07/08/19 01:29 PM
The Villa Quatro
Irishman12 Offline
THE BOSS
Irishman12  Offline
THE BOSS

The Villa Quatro
Originally Posted by DuesPaid

Yes, very sad movie. What did you think of it?

Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion, Part III [Re: Irishman12] #974677
07/09/19 11:16 PM
07/09/19 11:16 PM
Where ever needed.
DuesPaid Offline
Banned
DuesPaid  Offline
Banned

Where ever needed.

I like that it teaches as well as showing the Horror of extremists.
Scary to see how people could loose their faith so quickly but also great to see it shows how many more people of all religions have humanity for all.

We score it a 7

Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion, Part III [Re: DuesPaid] #974678
07/09/19 11:40 PM
07/09/19 11:40 PM
AZ
Turnbull Offline
Turnbull  Offline

AZ
BOHEMIAN RHAPSODY (2018)

In this mildly entertaining (but highly touted) movie, Rami Malek plays Freddie Mercury, starting with his first interest in music, through his career with Queen and their reuniting for the Live Aid concert in '85, with a lot of focus on Mercury's transition from hetero, to bi to gay. As played skillfully by Rami Malek, Mercury comes across as a selfish, self-centered prick, but then again, so are most real-life rock stars. The music is good, especially the Live Aid stuff. Don't know what all the fuss was about.

Ntra la porta tua lu sangu � sparsu,
E nun me mporta si ce muoru accisu...
E s'iddu muoru e vaju mparadisu
Si nun ce truovo a ttia, mancu ce trasu.
Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion, Part III [Re: DuesPaid] #974718
07/10/19 01:36 PM
07/10/19 01:36 PM
The Villa Quatro
Irishman12 Offline
THE BOSS
Irishman12  Offline
THE BOSS

The Villa Quatro

I like that it teaches as well as showing the Horror of extremists.
Scary to see how people could loose their faith so quickly but also great to see it shows how many more people of all religions have humanity for all.

We score it a 7

Yes, it was very good. Very sad but as you said, also shows the deeper site to extremists.

Turnbull, I loved BOHEMIAN RHAPSODY. It was one of my favorite movies of 2018. Thought Malek knocked it out of the park as Mercury and glad he won an Oscar for it!

Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion, Part III [Re: Irishman12] #974722
07/10/19 03:25 PM
07/10/19 03:25 PM
AZ
Turnbull Offline
Turnbull  Offline

AZ

Turnbull, I loved BOHEMIAN RHAPSODY. It was one of my favorite movies of 2018. Thought Malek knocked it out of the park as Mercury and glad he won an Oscar for it!

Yes, he was very good, Irishman, even down to the teeth. I read that Mercury had four extra teeth..."warts and all" I guess.

BTW: Every year, we read in the newspapers that some religious high school's graduating class chooses "We Are the Champions" for their class song. The clergyman who's the principal bans it because Mercury was gay and died of AIDS. Then the graduating class erupts in protests, boycotts, violence, etc. It's almost as if it was scripted.

Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion, Part III [Re: J Geoff] #974877
07/12/19 11:39 AM
07/12/19 11:39 AM
The Villa Quatro
Irishman12 Offline
THE BOSS
Irishman12  Offline
THE BOSS

The Villa Quatro
STUBER

A decent buddy comedy. Bautista is known for his awkwardness and comedy and this further displays it (glad he's been able to transition from wrestling so successfully). Kumail Nanjiani is a great partner and while I found the film mildly funny, the rest is pretty forgettable. A nice (surprise, at least to me) cameo to open up the film (without spoiling it, someone who Bautista's worked with a few times before). This is definitely a pass in the theaters. Catch it at Redbox or when it's available to stream. 5.5/10

Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion, Part III [Re: Irishman12] #974890
07/12/19 02:20 PM
07/12/19 02:20 PM
AZ
Turnbull Offline
Turnbull  Offline

AZ
STALIN (1992)

This HBO movie features Robert Duvall in the title role. He puts in another great performance, but is so heavily made up to look like Stalin that it masks most of his facial expressions. This enormous (172 minutes), sprawling epic zeroes in on Stalin's personal relations with family and associates--in all of his paranoia, cruelty and sadism. The narration alludes to the brutality he inflicted on the Soviet Union, but wisely doesn't try to depict it. Duvall is supported by an excellent international cast, including Maximilian Schell, Jeroan Krabbe, Joan Plowright and Jim Carter, to name just a few. Stalin as portrayed here loved his wife Nadia (Julia Ormond in a fine performance) and his daughter Svetlana, but no one else. We also get good portrayals of all the Bolsheviks around him: Beria, Trotsky, Kamenev, Zinoviev, Kaganovitch, Khrushchev, Ordzokinidze, Kirov, Bukharin--but most of them killed by their boss. The filming, in Hungary and Russia, is splendid.

Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion, Part III [Re: Turnbull] #974913
07/12/19 10:35 PM
07/12/19 10:35 PM
Where ever needed.
DuesPaid Offline
Banned
DuesPaid  Offline
Banned

Where ever needed.
STUBER

A decent buddy comedy. Bautista is known for his awkwardness and comedy and this further displays it (glad he's been able to transition from wrestling so successfully). Kumail Nanjiani is a great partner and while I found the film mildly funny, the rest is pretty forgettable. A nice (surprise, at least to me) cameo to open up the film (without spoiling it, someone who Bautista's worked with a few times before). This is definitely a pass in the theaters. Catch it at Redbox or when it's available to stream. 5.5/10

Thanks i12

Originally Posted by Turnbull
STALIN (1992)

This HBO movie features Robert Duvall in the title role. He puts in another great performance, but is so heavily made up to look like Stalin that it masks most of his facial expressions. This enormous (172 minutes), sprawling epic zeroes in on Stalin's personal relations with family and associates--in all of his paranoia, cruelty and sadism. The narration alludes to the brutality he inflicted on the Soviet Union, but wisely doesn't try to depict it. Duvall is supported by an excellent international cast, including Maximilian Schell, Jeroan Krabbe, Joan Plowright and Jim Carter, to name just a few. Stalin as portrayed here loved his wife Nadia (Julia Ormond in a fine performance) and his daughter Svetlana, but no one else. We also get good portrayals of all the Bolsheviks around him: Beria, Trotsky, Kamenev, Zinoviev, Kaganovitch, Khrushchev, Ordzokinidze, Kirov, Bukharin--but most of them killed by their boss. The filming, in Hungary and Russia, is splendid.

This is on the Top of my list for HBO view soon.
Thanks T.

Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion, Part III [Re: Irishman12] #974967
07/13/19 11:04 PM
07/13/19 11:04 PM
Where ever needed.
DuesPaid Offline
Banned
DuesPaid  Offline
Banned

Where ever needed.
BRIGHTBURN

The evil Superman. I really enjoyed this opposite end of the spectrum take on the tale of Superman. Crashing in Kansas from another world, Brandon Breyer, uses his powers not for good, but rather for bad intentions, once he realizes his potential and gets his first taste of killing. I typically don't like child/teenage actors as I find them annoying more often than not. However, Jackson A. Dunn who stars as Brandon, does a tremendous job with his characters arc from start to finish. This probably won't make much noise at the box office, but if you're in to horror or superhero films, I recommend this! 7.5/10

GODZILLA: KING OF THE MONSTERS

I wasn't a huge fan of 2014's GODZILLA, but the trailer and special effects for the sequel had my interest. Overall, I felt about the sequel much the same I felt about the first one: the storyline was meh but the effects were good. So depending on how you enjoyed the 2014 installment, will determine how you enjoy this year's release. 6/10

Tried to stream both of these today but they did not load.

Will try again next week

Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion, Part III [Re: J Geoff] #975013
07/14/19 10:27 PM
07/14/19 10:27 PM
Where ever needed.
DuesPaid Offline
Banned
DuesPaid  Offline
Banned

Where ever needed.
BRIGHTBURN loaded today and man did we enjoy it.

Great Recommendation i12

Wife loved it and scored it a 8
I’m with you and the 7.5 is fair.

Do not usually see movies that I want to watch again right away but this I do.

Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion, Part III [Re: Irishman12] #975014
07/14/19 10:35 PM
07/14/19 10:35 PM
Where ever needed.
DuesPaid Offline
Banned
DuesPaid  Offline
Banned

Where ever needed.
HOTEL MUMBAI was a difficult film to watch at times. Overstayed it's welcome a little bit (runtime of 122 minutes). The Armie Hammer storyline was hamfisted in to the story, which honestly, could have been done without and still come off just as good. 6/10

Solid six, well....i was planning on this next but she changed her mind and wants to see US this week.

I may be able to watch some better movies soon as well since Ive decided to pull the trigger and get a streaming box, will keep cable as well but will have much more options.

Nice. What did you get? I wouldn't mind cutting the cord since I only watch a few channels, but there's some shows I don't believe are available on demand, so that's 1 reason I haven't done it yet.

Go Surf” device..... it could cut the cord but a bit unreliable for the wife,,,, fine for me.

Some stuff loads perfectly , some do not..... its a learning curve and requires a lot of searching but once you know where to go , its really great fun and a eye opener.

Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion, Part III [Re: DuesPaid] #975048
07/15/19 12:28 PM
07/15/19 12:28 PM
The Villa Quatro
Irishman12 Offline
THE BOSS
Irishman12  Offline
THE BOSS

The Villa Quatro
BRIGHTBURN loaded today and man did we enjoy it.

Great Recommendation i12

Wife loved it and scored it a 8
I’m with you and the 7.5 is fair.

Do not usually see movies that I want to watch again right away but this I do.

Glad you enjoyed it DP! It didn't make a lot of noise at the box office unfortunately, but I did like the different take on the Superman character. Interesting stuff.

Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion, Part III [Re: DuesPaid] #975049
07/15/19 12:29 PM
07/15/19 12:29 PM
The Villa Quatro
Irishman12 Offline
THE BOSS
Irishman12  Offline
THE BOSS

The Villa Quatro
HOTEL MUMBAI was a difficult film to watch at times. Overstayed it's welcome a little bit (runtime of 122 minutes). The Armie Hammer storyline was hamfisted in to the story, which honestly, could have been done without and still come off just as good. 6/10

Solid six, well....i was planning on this next but she changed her mind and wants to see US this week.

I may be able to watch some better movies soon as well since Ive decided to pull the trigger and get a streaming box, will keep cable as well but will have much more options.

Nice. What did you get? I wouldn't mind cutting the cord since I only watch a few channels, but there's some shows I don't believe are available on demand, so that's 1 reason I haven't done it yet.

Go Surf” device..... it could cut the cord but a bit unreliable for the wife,,,, fine for me.

Some stuff loads perfectly , some do not..... its a learning curve and requires a lot of searching but once you know where to go , its really great fun and a eye opener.

Yeah I've seen those before. I'm not sure I have the patience for them. Don't know which movies work and which ones don't. It's great when it works but frustrating when it doesn't.

Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion, Part III [Re: J Geoff] #975083
07/15/19 10:13 PM
07/15/19 10:13 PM
Where ever needed.
DuesPaid Offline
Banned
DuesPaid  Offline
Banned

Where ever needed.
Spot on i12

I dig it, since I only use it when nothing else on however the TV Guide ( live Tv ) app works great.

Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion, Part III [Re: J Geoff] #975399
07/19/19 01:13 PM
07/19/19 01:13 PM
The Villa Quatro
Irishman12 Offline
THE BOSS
Irishman12  Offline
THE BOSS

The Villa Quatro
THE LION KING

In the same vein as the other Disney adaptations. If you liked any of them or the animated version of this, you're going to like the movie. I'm really happy they got James Earl Jones back to voice Mufasa but was disappointed they didn't get Jeremy Irons back for Scar (his menacing voice was definitely missing and no offense to Chiwetel Ejiofor, but I just felt his version of Scar wasn't evil enough for this villain). My favorite characters/actors were either John Oliver as Zazu or Seth Rogen as Pumbaa. And as always, the CGI and special FX are top notch. They did a really wonderful job bringing these characters to life! 6/10

Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion, Part III [Re: J Geoff] #975864
07/26/19 11:58 AM
07/26/19 11:58 AM
The Villa Quatro
Irishman12 Offline
THE BOSS
Irishman12  Offline
THE BOSS

The Villa Quatro
ONCE UPON A TIME IN HOLLYWOOD

My most eagerly anticipated movie of the year and I was a little disappointed with it. Not Tarantino's best but far from his worse either. The soundtrack wasn't as catchy overall (still had some gems but from top-to-bottom his soundtracks are usually top notch). Leo absolutely stole the show and continues to show why he's one of the finest actors working today. Brad did an excellent job complimenting him as well and their screen time together at times made the movie. Margot was a delicate flower throughout and was glad Tarantino humanized her. Unfortunately, due to the nature of her death she's viewed as a victim whereas this role gave her life. A very beautiful love letter by Quentin to the Hollywood of yesteryear. I'll check it out in theaters again! 7/10

Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion, Part III [Re: Irishman12] #975893
07/26/19 09:38 PM
07/26/19 09:38 PM
Where ever needed.
DuesPaid Offline
Banned
DuesPaid  Offline
Banned

Where ever needed.

My most eagerly anticipated movie of the year and I was a little disappointed with it. Not Tarantino's best but far from his worse either. The soundtrack wasn't as catchy overall (still had some gems but from top-to-bottom his soundtracks are usually top notch). Leo absolutely stole the show and continues to show why he's one of the finest actors working today. Brad did an excellent job complimenting him as well and their screen time together at times made the movie. Margot was a delicate flower throughout and was glad Tarantino humanized her. Unfortunately, due to the nature of her death she's viewed as a victim whereas this role gave her life. A very beautiful love letter by Quentin to the Hollywood of yesteryear. I'll check it out in theaters again! 7/10

WOW...... 7

I was not planning on seeing this but will check it out being you gave it a 7

Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion, Part III [Re: DuesPaid] #975924
07/27/19 03:30 PM
07/27/19 03:30 PM
The Villa Quatro
Irishman12 Offline
THE BOSS
Irishman12  Offline
THE BOSS

The Villa Quatro

WOW...... 7

I was not planning on seeing this but will check it out being you gave it a 7

It's Tarantino. I count down the days until his next film. Originally I gave it a 6.5, but when I saw I gave THE LION KING a 6 last week, I bumped this up to a 7.

Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion, Part III [Re: J Geoff] #975945
07/27/19 10:06 PM
07/27/19 10:06 PM
Where ever needed.
DuesPaid Offline
Banned
DuesPaid  Offline
Banned

Where ever needed.
Gotcha.

Thanks i12

Hope to catch a few flicks this week.

Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion, Part III [Re: DuesPaid] #975975
07/28/19 02:13 PM
07/28/19 02:13 PM
The Villa Quatro
Irishman12 Offline
THE BOSS
Irishman12  Offline
THE BOSS

The Villa Quatro
Gotcha.

Thanks i12

Enjoy and as always, let me know what you think about them.

Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion, Part III [Re: Irishman12] #976032
07/29/19 12:18 PM
07/29/19 12:18 PM
Where ever needed.
DuesPaid Offline
Banned
DuesPaid  Offline
Banned

Where ever needed.
Gotcha.

Thanks i12

Enjoy and as always, let me know what you think about them.

Will do, my local news station Critic ( Sandy Kenyon ) - hammered the Tarentino flick.
I never heard him trash any movie so bad and would not even rate it with also stating to save your money.

I'll check it out though.

Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion, Part III [Re: J Geoff] #976309
08/02/19 05:52 PM
08/02/19 05:52 PM
The Villa Quatro
Irishman12 Offline
THE BOSS
Irishman12  Offline
THE BOSS

The Villa Quatro
FAST & FURIOUS PRESENTS: HOBBS & SHAW

I'll start out by saying that I am not a fan of the FAST & FURIOUS franchise, but since this was a spin-off and it features both Dwayne Johnson and Jason Statham, I took a flier on it. Statham and Johnson work well together, feeding off of each other in every scene and their banter is very enjoyable. The jokes are hit and miss though. Idris Elba did a nice job as the baddie and while the special effects were good, some of the action was over the top (I know, for spin-off of the FAST & FURIOUS franchise, surprise, right?). Some of it I didn't mind but some of it I thought took away from the movie honestly (see the final showdown between our heroes and the villain). A few good chase and fight scenes make this an enjoyable summer popcorn flick. 6/10

Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion, Part III [Re: Irishman12] #976607
08/07/19 05:58 PM
08/07/19 05:58 PM
AZ
Turnbull Offline
Turnbull  Offline

AZ
BLADE RUNNER 2049

I hated this movie when I saw it in the theater, both because it fell so far short of the original, and because the soundtrack was so loud that it was painful, even with ear plugs. I liked it even less when I borrowed a DVD from our library. But, I downloaded a hi-def version from HBO to my computer and burned a disc. I like it better.

The first hour or so is pretty good. Ryan Gosling makes a very effective late-model replicant, with just enough human features to make him appealing, but not quite human. There's a terrific fight in the beginning as he "retires" a leftover Nexus 8, and a charming interlude with his virtual girlfriend. His boss, "Madame," reminds me of Lotte Lenya as Rosa Klebb in "From Russia with Love." The special effects, although not as bright, sparkling and subtle as in the original, are pretty good.

But then it just falls apart. You already know, in the first 20 minutes, what the denouement is going to be. And, it takes a long time to get there. The special effects collapse into something like a 21st Century Aushwicz. . Worse, it's b-o-r-i-n-g. I watch the first hour regularly, but can't steel myself to get past that.

Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion, Part III [Re: J Geoff] #976645
08/08/19 02:35 PM
08/08/19 02:35 PM
The Villa Quatro
Irishman12 Offline
THE BOSS
Irishman12  Offline
THE BOSS

The Villa Quatro
I agree TB, I found it boring as well. I've only seen it once (in theaters) but I wasn't excited for it to come out either. I'm not a huge BLADE RUNNER fan (the original or this but the original is definitely better).

Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion, Part III [Re: J Geoff] #976675
08/08/19 08:42 PM
08/08/19 08:42 PM
Moe_Tilden Offline
ForeverBotheringIranians
Moe_Tilden  Offline
ForeverBotheringIranians

Irishman, have you ever seen Event Horizon? I've been meaning to watch it for a long time and have it downloaded. I'm curious about your thoughts on it. A lot of gory stuff was excised from the movie because "audiences wouldn't be able to handle it" and will never see the light of day because the footage has been lost. From the bits and pieces I've watched on YouTube it looks like a bit of an underrated gem.

I hear that there are plans to adapt it into a TV series.

I invoke my right under the 5th amendment of the United States constitution and decline to answer the question.
Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion, Part III [Re: Moe_Tilden] #976727
08/09/19 01:46 PM
08/09/19 01:46 PM
The Villa Quatro
Irishman12 Offline
THE BOSS
Irishman12  Offline
THE BOSS

The Villa Quatro
Originally Posted by Moe_Tilden
Irishman, have you ever seen Event Horizon? I've been meaning to watch it for a long time and have it downloaded. I'm curious about your thoughts on it. A lot of gory stuff was excised from the movie because "audiences wouldn't be able to handle it" and will never see the light of day because the footage has been lost. From the bits and pieces I've watched on YouTube it looks like a bit of an underrated gem.

I hear that there are plans to adapt it into a TV series.

No, I've never seen it. Sorry.

SCARY STORIES TO TELL IN THE DARK

I'll start off by saying I'm not a Guillermo del Toro fan. There's nothing the man has done that I've seen that I've enjoyed. And while I understand he helped write the screenplay and didn't direct this, add this one to the list. I applaud the way they were able to incorporate these small stories into a cohesive film; however, about 30 minutes in I was bored with it and waiting for the credits to roll. I'm a little surprised they were able to get away with some of the language in the film as it's rated PG-13, but do yourself the favor and steer clear of this. 4/10

Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion, Part III [Re: Irishman12] #976739
08/09/19 02:25 PM
08/09/19 02:25 PM
AZ
Turnbull Offline
Turnbull  Offline

AZ
LE DOULOS (1962)

The French movie industry excels in film noir, and this is a hard-breathing but very confusing entry. Silien (Jean Paul Belmondo in a very restrained performance) is a two faced crook who's pals with gangsters and is an informant for his best pal, who's a police inspector. But, it turns out that all the crooks are two-faced, including Maurice (Serge Reggiani), a just-released-from-prison perp who was aided, and set up, by Silien. Directed by Jean-Pierre Melville, this movie has most of the makings of good film noire: starkly lit B&W photography, terse dialog, no heroes, etc. The plot, though, is hard on the mind, and, in typically cynical French tradition, they all die by each others' hands at the end. I though it was pretty good, but it was tough going.

Page 48 of 90 1 2 46 47 48 49 50 89 90

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull