GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (1 invisible), 126 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,355
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,735
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,502
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,283
Posts1,057,850
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 61 of 91 1 2 59 60 61 62 63 90 91
Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion, Part III [Re: Giacomo_Vacari] #1001019
12/07/20 08:35 PM
12/07/20 08:35 PM
The Villa Quatro
Irishman12 Offline
THE BOSS
Irishman12  Offline
THE BOSS

The Villa Quatro
Originally Posted by Giacomo_Vacari
That's a good movie Hood, and it broke a lot of barriers for it's time.

I just watched Carlito's Way which is a good film with Al Pacino, Sean Penn, among others. I hadn't seen that movie for awhile and yesterday I was surfing the channels and watched South Park episode with Fishsticks. There is a scene in that episode that was a parody of Carlito's way, Viggo Mortensen character.

Watching The Usual Suspects right now.

THE USUAL SUSPECTS is one of my favorite movies of all time. Was never a fan of CARLITO'S WAY though.

Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion, Part III [Re: J Geoff] #1001275
12/13/20 12:57 AM
12/13/20 12:57 AM
Where ever needed.
DuesPaid Offline
Banned
DuesPaid  Offline
Banned

Where ever needed.
Rediculous

Be Loyal, Be Loving, Be Quiet.
Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion, Part III [Re: J Geoff] #1001276
12/13/20 01:00 AM
12/13/20 01:00 AM
Where ever needed.
DuesPaid Offline
Banned
DuesPaid  Offline
Banned

Where ever needed.
So difficult to upload a image..... rediculous

Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion, Part III [Re: J Geoff] #1001368
12/14/20 07:37 PM
12/14/20 07:37 PM
The Villa Quatro
Irishman12 Offline
THE BOSS
Irishman12  Offline
THE BOSS

The Villa Quatro
Still nothing DP. The website I showed you isn't working any more?

Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion, Part III [Re: Irishman12] #1001376
12/14/20 08:54 PM
12/14/20 08:54 PM
Where ever needed.
DuesPaid Offline
Banned
DuesPaid  Offline
Banned

Where ever needed.
Originally Posted by Irishman12
Still nothing DP. The website I showed you isn't working any more?

It was down, twice.

Seams to be able to upload now but it takes three or moves to make a link ( which I will continue do) but it should be one copy past for a image of these size we want to show.

Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion, Part III [Re: DuesPaid] #1001559
12/17/20 01:57 AM
12/17/20 01:57 AM
AZ
Turnbull Offline
Turnbull  Offline

AZ
ROLLERBALL (1975)
It's sometime in the near future. The world is ruled by industrial cartels (Energy, Luxury, Transportation, etc.), headed by Executives who make all the decisions for people. Aggression is confined to the game of Rollerball, an ultra-vi form of roller derby. Houston (Energy) is the champ team, captained by Jonathan E (James Caan), impassively brutal on the track but seemingly wimpy off track (you have to lean into your TV to hear him). Executive bigshot Bartholomew (John Houseman) wants him to retire, but Jonathan won't obey--he holds a grudge because an Executive took away a "wife" assigned to him that he loved. The Execs can't just kill Jonathan because he's too popular. So, they remove all rules from Rollerball, hoping he'll be killed in the game.
The plot isn't very complex, and Caan, as Jonathan, isn't a very sympatico character. But, the action, though brutal, is outstanding, and the filming is superb. Worth watching.

Ntra la porta tua lu sangu � sparsu,
E nun me mporta si ce muoru accisu...
E s'iddu muoru e vaju mparadisu
Si nun ce truovo a ttia, mancu ce trasu.
Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion, Part III [Re: J Geoff] #1001688
12/18/20 04:30 PM
12/18/20 04:30 PM
The Villa Quatro
Irishman12 Offline
THE BOSS
Irishman12  Offline
THE BOSS

The Villa Quatro
MONSTER HUNTER

Milla Jovovich and Director Paul W.S. Anderson are both back within the video game adaptation realm where they seem to be most comfortable. Jovovich plays US Army Ranger Captain Natalie Artemis, who leads her team on a reconnaissance mission in the Middle East, when they are abruptly swept away to another world full of gigantic monsters. The film doesn't waste any time and picks right up switching between our world and the alternate. Before long Jovovich finds herself isolated, in a strange new world, being hunted by monsters, and unable to communicate with Tony Jaa (who plays the Hunter) once there paths cross. The two must find ways to trust and communicate with each other, as well as survive due to monsters looking to eat them at every turn. This film is pure eye candy with big special effects, fight scenes, and a loose story. Not a bad B-action flick to entertain yourself with during the holidays or for wanting something new to see in the theater. 5/10

Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion, Part III [Re: Irishman12] #1001762
12/19/20 10:36 PM
12/19/20 10:36 PM
AZ
Turnbull Offline
Turnbull  Offline

AZ
OUTLAND (1981)

High Noon in outer space: Marshal Bill O'Neill (Sean Connery) arrives at a mining colony on Io, a Jupiter moon. He soon discovers that the GM, Mark Sheppard (Peter Boyle) is supplying his miners with an amphetamine-like drug that makes them more productive, drives them to suicide--and enhances Sheppard's bonus. But, no one--not even the cops under him--will help because they're all either on the take or afraid His only ally is Dr. Lazarus (Frances Sternhagen), a broken-down, acid-tongued MD. She helps him when Sheppard calls for two assassins to whack O'Neill. Connery is sturdy as ever, Boyle is genially detestable, the special effects are convincing, and the action is good. But Sternhagen owns this movie--the role is tailor-made for her. Very good entertainment.

Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion, Part III [Re: Turnbull] #1001767
12/20/20 04:59 AM
12/20/20 04:59 AM
n.e.philly
hoodlum Offline
Underboss
hoodlum  Offline
Underboss
n.e.philly
The Incident (1967) Martin Sheens debut as well as Donna Mills...tough., brutal story of 2 drunken hoods (Sheen &Tony Musante) who terrorize passengers in a NY city subway & Traincar....Well made but sometimes unpleasent but still topical...I was disturbed @ 1rst,because of the time period...But u realize this kind of drama would never happen in this day & age....excellent cast in what I see as an experimental film..grapples you in as go , starting w/ each couple or character from the start....I could not take my eyes off the screen even 2 get a bottle of water...WATCH IF U CAN... Merry Christmas..Love,,,Hoodlum.

I didn't want to leave blood on your carpet...
Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion, Part III [Re: J Geoff] #1001910
12/23/20 05:39 PM
12/23/20 05:39 PM
The Villa Quatro
Irishman12 Offline
THE BOSS
Irishman12  Offline
THE BOSS

The Villa Quatro
THE EMPTY MAN

Another take on the "if you summon this spirit, you'll die in so many days" subgenre. However, THE EMPTY MAN actually works. While suspension of disbelief is needed in some areas, it isn't overly campy. Former cop, now turned security company owner, James Lasombra, investigates the disappearance of her neighbors daughter, Amanda. At first believed to be dead, the investigation soon turns to determine if she ran away to join a local cult, who are attempting to summon the empty man. The first 20-30 minutes of the film are in stark contrast to the rest of the picture and I actually had to pause to ensure I was watching the right movie. However, the opening is very well done and fits in nicely towards the later end of the story. This flew under a lot of people's radars but it is a decent film to give a chance on. 5.5/10

Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion, Part III [Re: J Geoff] #1001963
12/24/20 08:21 PM
12/24/20 08:21 PM
The Villa Quatro
Irishman12 Offline
THE BOSS
Irishman12  Offline
THE BOSS

The Villa Quatro
PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN

Carey Mulligan gives an empowering, strong, and devilish performance as Cassandra, a young woman who goes out to bars on a seemingly nightly basis, pretending to be falling down drunk in order to lure men to take her home. Once there, she dishes out her own form of punishment, shame, and humiliation as they attempt to take advantage of her in her inebriated state. Cassandra does this as a way of fighting the patriarch, as while attending medical school 7 years prior, her best friend Nina, was sexually assaulted by multiple men. Unable to cope with the experience, Cassandra drops out to take care of her friend. To make matters worse, other female friends, school administrators, and the criminal justice system all betray Nina and Cassandra in finding justice. As such, Cassandra feels empowered to take it upon herself to seek revenge on behalf of her friend. A timely film that features lack of personal responsibility, blame, guilt, and revenge. Also plenty of “me too” moments along with “every male is a sexual predator” themes. Save for one, no males have any redeeming qualities, so it’s dripping in misogyny. Despite all of that, it’s still an enjoyable film. 6/10

Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion, Part III [Re: Irishman12] #1001986
12/25/20 08:22 AM
12/25/20 08:22 AM
ralphie_cifaretto Offline
Underboss
ralphie_cifaretto  Offline
Underboss
[Deleted.
Warning you again, Ralphie: No more bigoted remarks on this or any other boards!

Last edited by Turnbull; 12/25/20 12:40 PM.
Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion, Part III [Re: J Geoff] #1002025
12/25/20 07:05 PM
12/25/20 07:05 PM
The Villa Quatro
Irishman12 Offline
THE BOSS
Irishman12  Offline
THE BOSS

The Villa Quatro
WONDER WOMAN 1984

2020 has been a year to forget but at least HBO eased our suffering a little bit with the release of WONDER WOMAN 1984. Here, we find Diana Prince, decades from when we first saw her, this time in the nostalgic and excessive times that were the 1980's. A lot of the nostalgia comes in the form of the wardrobe's, where some fun is had. Unfortunately, Patty Jenkins missed out on a golden opportunity to capitalize on the music of the time, as an 80's soundtrack is sorely missing from this film. However, recent DC films have been derided as too dark. This is a break from that as WW84 is the most lighthearted and color vibrant film DC has put out in quite some time. Pedro Pascal, who's killing it recently with the just completed second season of THE MANDALORIAN on Disney+, has such a fun time as Maxwell Lord, an eccentric, deceptive swindler, selling audiences on their fantasies. I also did enjoy Kristen Wiig as I did scratch my head a bit at the announcement of her casting; however, I'm always in favor of seeing comedians stretch their range into other, non-comedic roles and she does an admirable job as the villian Barbara Minerva/Cheetah. Finally, the way in which Chris Pine's character of Steve Trevor is brought back (and that it wasn't spoiled in the trailers so I won't spoil it here), works and is such an integral part of the story. Overall, the sequel surpasses its predecessor and I look forward to a third Wonder Woman film to complete the trilogy. And yes, there is a mid-credit scene by the way. 6.5/10

Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion, Part III [Re: Irishman12] #1002156
12/27/20 02:29 PM
12/27/20 02:29 PM
Where ever needed.
DuesPaid Offline
Banned
DuesPaid  Offline
Banned

Where ever needed.
THE EMPTY MAN

Another take on the "if you summon this spirit, you'll die in so many days" subgenre. However, THE EMPTY MAN actually works. While suspension of disbelief is needed in some areas, it isn't overly campy. Former cop, now turned security company owner, James Lasombra, investigates the disappearance of her neighbors daughter, Amanda. At first believed to be dead, the investigation soon turns to determine if she ran away to join a local cult, who are attempting to summon the empty man. The first 20-30 minutes of the film are in stark contrast to the rest of the picture and I actually had to pause to ensure I was watching the right movie. However, the opening is very well done and fits in nicely towards the later end of the story. This flew under a lot of people's radars but it is a decent film to give a chance on. 5.5/10

Great review, just read it to wife and we will now watch it knowing it may drag.

Started watching it last night but dumped it when it got slow.
Might give it another shot from where we left off.

Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion, Part III [Re: J Geoff] #1002164
12/27/20 06:07 PM
12/27/20 06:07 PM
F
fergie Offline
Underboss
fergie  Offline
F
Underboss
Zulu...in the top ten films of all time just about...we’ve been watching it tonight and I always have to stand up at every attack for some reason...keep reassuring the wife I would never run either! smile smile great film!

Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion, Part III [Re: J Geoff] #1002172
12/27/20 07:01 PM
12/27/20 07:01 PM
Where ever needed.
DuesPaid Offline
Banned
DuesPaid  Offline
Banned

Where ever needed.

Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion, Part III [Re: J Geoff] #1002173
12/27/20 07:04 PM
12/27/20 07:04 PM
Where ever needed.
DuesPaid Offline
Banned
DuesPaid  Offline
Banned

Where ever needed.
Good movie 7/10

[Linked Image]

Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion, Part III [Re: DuesPaid] #1002177
12/27/20 08:12 PM
12/27/20 08:12 PM
The Villa Quatro
Irishman12 Offline
THE BOSS
Irishman12  Offline
THE BOSS

The Villa Quatro
Originally Posted by DuesPaid
THE EMPTY MAN

Great review, just read it to wife and we will now watch it knowing it may drag.

Started watching it last night but dumped it when it got slow.
Might give it another shot from where we left off.

Hope you can make it through it. It did drag a bit but that opening scene hooked me. Too bad it tailed off after that.

Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion, Part III [Re: J Geoff] #1002229
12/28/20 08:38 PM
12/28/20 08:38 PM
The Villa Quatro
Irishman12 Offline
THE BOSS
Irishman12  Offline
THE BOSS

The Villa Quatro
NEWS OF THE WORLD

Tom Hanks stars as Captain Kidd, a Civil War veteran who roams from town to town in 1870 Texas, reading local and national newspapers to the locals "for a dime and anyone who'll give them their time." After his first stop of the film, he soon comes across an overturned carriage that was transporting young Johanna, until the African-American in charge of her was lynched. Hanks, unable to leave the young girl by herself, takes over and makes it his mission to return the young girl to her last remaining family members. Johanna is of German descent but was kidnapped by Indians at a young age and as such, only speaks Kiowa. So for the rest of the movie, Hanks attempts to teach Johanna English, while in return Johanna tries to teach Hanks Kiowa. The film is still in its infancy before Hanks and Johanna team up and not much background is given about either character. We find out more about Hanks as the film progresses but we're never really afforded much backstory about Johanna. I wasn't invested in either character so it made it difficult to be emotionally invested when Hanks is approached by 3 locals in Dallas about buying the girl, Indian attacks, or whatever else the old west could throw at them. Better work has definitely been seen by both Hanks and director Paul Greengrass and this film was a disappointment. 5/10

Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion, Part III [Re: Irishman12] #1002279
12/29/20 07:37 PM
12/29/20 07:37 PM
Where ever needed.
DuesPaid Offline
Banned
DuesPaid  Offline
Banned

Where ever needed.
NEWS OF THE WORLD

Tom Hanks stars as Captain Kidd, a Civil War veteran who roams from town to town in 1870 Texas, reading local and national newspapers to the locals "for a dime and anyone who'll give them their time." After his first stop of the film, he soon comes across an overturned carriage that was transporting young Johanna, until the African-American in charge of her was lynched. Hanks, unable to leave the young girl by herself, takes over and makes it his mission to return the young girl to her last remaining family members. Johanna is of German descent but was kidnapped by Indians at a young age and as such, only speaks Kiowa. So for the rest of the movie, Hanks attempts to teach Johanna English, while in return Johanna tries to teach Hanks Kiowa. The film is still in its infancy before Hanks and Johanna team up and not much background is given about either character. We find out more about Hanks as the film progresses but we're never really afforded much backstory about Johanna. I wasn't invested in either character so it made it difficult to be emotionally invested when Hanks is approached by 3 locals in Dallas about buying the girl, Indian attacks, or whatever else the old west could throw at them. Better work has definitely been seen by both Hanks and director Paul Greengrass and this film was a disappointment. 5/10

Wow. 5/10. I was looking forward to this but will check out others first.

Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion, Part III [Re: J Geoff] #1002285
12/29/20 08:22 PM
12/29/20 08:22 PM
The Villa Quatro
Irishman12 Offline
THE BOSS
Irishman12  Offline
THE BOSS

The Villa Quatro
I wasn't really looking forward to it and I was still disappointed. Pretty dull and same old Tom Hanks. Wish he would take a risk with some of the roles he chooses. He's too safe and has been for a very long time.

Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion, Part III [Re: Irishman12] #1002395
12/31/20 02:45 AM
12/31/20 02:45 AM
n.e.philly
hoodlum Offline
Underboss
hoodlum  Offline
Underboss
n.e.philly
I wasn't really looking forward to it and I was still disappointed. Pretty dull and same old Tom Hanks. Wish he would take a risk with some of the roles he chooses. He's too safe and has been for a very long time.

At least he is not a scienotologist ..

Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion, Part III [Re: hoodlum] #1002397
12/31/20 02:54 AM
12/31/20 02:54 AM
Underboss
Underboss
Originally Posted by hoodlum

At least he is not a scienotologist ..

But he might very well be a pedophile. Have a look https://www.bitchute.com/video/1YgHDf60EQnn/

Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion, Part III [Re: J Geoff] #1002435
12/31/20 12:28 PM
12/31/20 12:28 PM
Underboss
Underboss
Watched Palm Springs last night. Pretty funny movie with Adam Samberg

Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion, Part III [Re: ralphie_cifaretto] #1002654
01/03/21 11:33 PM
01/03/21 11:33 PM
AZ
Turnbull Offline
Turnbull  Offline

AZ
THE ANDERSON TAPES (1971)

Duke Anderson (Sean Connery), just released from prison, puts together a gang to rob residents of a high-end apartment building in Manhattan. It's well acted by Connery and a very strong supporting team, including Diane Cannon as his girlfriend; Martin Balsam as a gay decorator who scouts the place out, and Christopher Walken, in his first movie, as a young electronics expert. All the rest of the cast are good, too, and look like real NYers. Director Sidney Lumet adds plenty of humor and irony, but they don't get in the way of the well-done heist and the police response. Ralph Meeker does a terrific comic turn as Police Capt. "Iron Balls" Delaney. Excellent entertainment.

Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion, Part III [Re: Turnbull] #1002657
01/04/21 12:51 AM
01/04/21 12:51 AM
n.e.philly
hoodlum Offline
Underboss
hoodlum  Offline
Underboss
n.e.philly
Originally Posted by Turnbull
THE ANDERSON TAPES (1971)

Duke Anderson (Sean Connery), just released from prison, puts together a gang to rob residents of a high-end apartment building in Manhattan. It's well acted by Connery and a very strong supporting team, including Diane Cannon as his girlfriend; Martin Balsam as a gay decorator who scouts the place out, and Christopher Walken, in his first movie, as a young electronics expert. All the rest of the cast are good, too, and look like real NYers. Director Sidney Lumet adds plenty of humor and irony, but they don't get in the way of the well-done heist and the police response. Ralph Meeker does a terrific comic turn as Police Capt. "Iron Balls" Delaney. Excellent entertainment.

Yes...sir.. I saw that on TCM....good flick...I did love Meeker as wisecrack cop...Cannon also sexy as usual.....fun 2 c Walken so young!!...& I always loved Martin Balsam in his prime..

Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion, Part III [Re: hoodlum] #1002747
01/05/21 02:48 AM
01/05/21 02:48 AM
AZ
Turnbull Offline
Turnbull  Offline

AZ
I always loved Martin Balsam in his prime..

Balsam was one of the best, most versatile and most underrated character actors ever. He improved every movie he was in. His best, IMO: as a Presidential assistant in "Seven Days in May."

Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion, Part III [Re: Turnbull] #1002748
01/05/21 02:52 AM
01/05/21 02:52 AM
n.e.philly
hoodlum Offline
Underboss
hoodlum  Offline
Underboss
n.e.philly
I always loved Martin Balsam in his prime..

Balsam was one of the best, most versatile and most underrated character actors ever. He improved every movie he was in. His best, IMO: as a Presidential assistant in "Seven Days in May."

Hmmm...will have look that up & check it out ...Thank u T...

Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion, Part III [Re: hoodlum] #1002785
01/05/21 05:57 PM
01/05/21 05:57 PM
AZ
Turnbull Offline
Turnbull  Offline

AZ
Hoodlum, remember the old biddy in "Anderson Tapes" who was so thrilled that her apartment was being burglarized? She was played by none other than Margaret Hamilton, immortalized as the Wicked Witch of the East in "Wizard of Oz."

Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion, Part III [Re: Turnbull] #1002916
01/08/21 02:36 AM
01/08/21 02:36 AM
n.e.philly
hoodlum Offline
Underboss
hoodlum  Offline
Underboss
n.e.philly
Hoodlum, remember the old biddy in "Anderson Tapes" who was so thrilled that her apartment was being burglarized? She was played by none other than Margaret Hamilton, immortalized as the Wicked Witch of the East in "Wizard of Oz."

Oh yes! I haven't heard that title in eons.

Page 61 of 91 1 2 59 60 61 62 63 90 91

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull