GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
3 registered members (Captbony1999, furio_from_naples, The_Marble_Guy), 107 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,094
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,284
Hollander 23,352
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,485
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,213
Posts1,056,154
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 51 of 73 1 2 49 50 51 52 53 72 73
Re: Crime & Justice [Re: olivant] #726337
07/13/13 10:46 PM
Midwest
LittleNicky Offline
Underboss
LittleNicky  Offline
Underboss
Midwest
For what? Posting gun hairs with a target during a time of great conflict and with people on twitter threatening the life of zimmerman?

Should probably ask Mr. Kierney. I guess if you're Italian, you should be in prison.
I've read the RICO Act, and I can tell you it's more appropriate...
for some of those guys over in Washington than it is for me or any of my fellas here
Re: Crime & Justice [Re: olivant] #726338
So-Cal
vinnietoothpicks26 Offline
BANNED
vinnietoothpicks26  Offline
BANNED
Underboss
So-Cal
Come on Get. The black surroundings contrasted with the WHITE GUY. Public enemy was all about fighting back for past wrongs, the white man is bad, kill whitey etc.

Frank Costello: Fucking rats. It's wearing me thin. Mr. French: Francis, it's a nation of fucking rats.
Re: Crime & Justice [Re: getthesenets] #726339
Massachusetts, USA
123JoeSchmo Offline
Underboss
123JoeSchmo  Offline
Underboss
Massachusetts, USA
Originally Posted By: getthesenets
Originally Posted By: Five_Felonies
Don't know the age of some of you guys but the GROUP Public Enemy was voted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame this year..so I figured that even people who don't care for rap music would be somewhat familiar with the group.

Their logo is of a young man in the cross hairs of a rifle, get it?
he is viewed as a or THE public enemy

just like Trayvon was viewed as a public enemy for walking through a neighborhood with candy and soda.

Didn't think I had to SPELL out such a simple post.

cut the bullshit! own up to what you posted, instead of trying to snake around it like a weasel!

I just posted a few minutes ago about twitter releasing the names of anonymous posters in France...those who are hiding behind computers to say things that they otherwise wouldn't say/write

go check it out,one of you guys even replied to it..asking me what I thought of the ruling.

You are paranoid.....just like Zimmerman.

You see boogey men where there are none...

On Public Enemy getting into the rock and roll hall of fame. That's BS. It's the rock and roll hall of fame, not the hip hop hall of fame.

George Zimmerman is not guilty of murder as he should be. Case closed

"Don't ever go against the family again. Ever"- Michael Corleone
Re: Crime & Justice [Re: olivant] #726340
07/13/13 10:48 PM
07/13/13 10:48 PM
Midwest
LittleNicky Offline
Underboss
LittleNicky  Offline
Underboss
Midwest
Honestly, I would respect get alot more if he stood by his threats up right instead of being a weasel.

Should probably ask Mr. Kierney. I guess if you're Italian, you should be in prison.
for some of those guys over in Washington than it is for me or any of my fellas here
Re: Crime & Justice [Re: getthesenets] #726343
07/13/13 10:49 PM
07/13/13 10:49 PM
New Jersey
Five_Felonies Offline
Underboss
Five_Felonies  Offline
Underboss
New Jersey
I won't hold my breath waiting for any of you to apologize.

probably a good idea. since you spend so much time on twitter, and judging by your reactions here, i doubt its a stretch that you came across this picture which is pretty similar to the one you posted. cut the shit.

It's either blue cheese with wings or go fuck yer mudda!
Re: Crime & Justice [Re: vinnietoothpicks26] #726344
07/13/13 10:52 PM
07/13/13 10:52 PM
getthesenets Offline
Underboss
getthesenets  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: vinnietoothpicks26
Come on Get. The black surroundings contrasted with the WHITE GUY. Public enemy was all about fighting back for past wrongs, the white man is bad, kill whitey etc.

Are you serious?

paranoia

next you'll claim that you didn't read my thread about twitter and anonymous anti-semitism in France

too bad you replied to it and can't claim that.

Re: Crime & Justice [Re: Five_Felonies] #726346
07/13/13 10:54 PM
07/13/13 10:54 PM
getthesenets Offline
Underboss
getthesenets  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: Five_Felonies
I won't hold my breath waiting for any of you to apologize.

probably a good idea. since you spend so much time on twitter, and judging by your reactions here, i doubt its a stretch that you came across this picture which is pretty similar to the one you posted. cut the shit.

paranoia

Re: Crime & Justice [Re: olivant] #726348
07/13/13 10:56 PM
07/13/13 10:56 PM
Midwest
LittleNicky Offline
Underboss
LittleNicky  Offline
Underboss
Midwest
Get,

Got some life advice for you with "the everyone is against me" mentality. As Deputy Marshall Givens said "You run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole. You run into assholes all day, you’re the asshole".

Re: Crime & Justice [Re: getthesenets] #726350
07/13/13 10:57 PM
07/13/13 10:57 PM
I
IvyLeague Offline
IvyLeague  Offline
I

You are paranoid.....just like Zimmerman.

You see boogey men where there are none...

Here's a question - Why is it that the black community is always quick to get mad when they feel they are being profiled but don't say much in regards to the reason they are profiled - the many, many black males involved in crime. The stats speak for themselves. And they can't all be explained away by the typical knee-jerk responses about slavery, Jim Crow, poverty, or bias in the courts. There's a reason why they have that stereotype. There's a reason why even Jesse Jackson said when he hears footsteps on the street behind him, and turns around and sees a white guy, he's relieved. It's sort of like Middle Eastern guys being profiled as more likely to be terrorists. There's an obvious reason for this too. But because our society is so concerned about political correctness and not appearing biased or racist today, common sense is totally ignored. It's why the Obama administration called the Fort Hood shooting a case of "work place violence" rather than Islamic terrorism. Why don't these groups put more effort into condemning the bad apples in their communities who give them a bad name to begin with?

Last edited by IvyLeague; 07/13/13 11:03 PM.

Mods should mind their own business and leave poster's profile signatures alone.
Re: Crime & Justice [Re: olivant] #726359
07/13/13 11:22 PM
07/13/13 11:22 PM
New York
Sicilian Babe Offline
Sicilian Babe  Offline

New York
Get, while I accept your explanation because I don't believe that you are a liar, I don't like to see anyone or anything in crosshairs. Your post was in questionable taste.

Like I've said, I don't agree that justice was served, but we have to live with the verdict. The man had his day in court, which is what people wanted to see when Zimmerman wasn't even arrested at first. I think the case was mishandled by the prosecution, but we unfortunately have to accept the jury's decision.

President Emeritus of the Neal Pulcawer Fan Club
Re: Crime & Justice [Re: olivant] #726361
07/13/13 11:30 PM
07/13/13 11:30 PM
California
X
XDCX Offline
XDCX  Offline
X

California
It was a fair trial, and the defense put on a much better case than the prosecution. I feel like he got away with murder, but that's the prosecution's fault. They had the burden of proof, and they didn't deliver. We gotta live with that.

"Growing up my dad was like 'You have a great last name, Galifianakis. Galifianakis...begins with a gal...and ends with a kiss...' I'm like that's great dad, can we get it changed to 'Galifianafuck' please?" -- Zach Galifianakis

Re: Crime & Justice [Re: olivant] #726364
07/13/13 11:36 PM
07/13/13 11:36 PM
Florida these days
Logomassini Offline
Made Member
Logomassini  Offline
Made Member
Florida these days
Totally agree with you Sicilian Babe. People may not agree with our justice system but he was found not guilty by a group of his peers. No matter their sex or color, this is the way it is. People need to understand that it's not some old ass white dudes or racially bias people behind the scenes who really decide the outcome of a trial. It's regular people like you and I who make the final decision.

And the picture above with the man and his Zimmerman crosshairs shirt is complete ignorance and people like that are the ones who are one track minded and have nothing better to do with their lives but worry about other people's lives and live vicariously through something they have no business involving themselves in. Ridiculous...

Re: Crime & Justice [Re: olivant] #726365
07/13/13 11:37 PM
07/13/13 11:37 PM
L
Lou_Para Offline
Underboss
Lou_Para  Offline
L
Underboss
I don't know how it is anywhere else, but why is it in the Pittsburgh/South Western Pa area when a white, piece of garbage, scumbag commits a crime against a person of color,the T-Shirts all read "No Justice,No Peace". But when a black ,piece of garbage,scumbag commits a crime against a person of color, the T-Shirts read "Stop Snitchin".

Re: Crime & Justice [Re: olivant] #726369
07/14/13 12:15 AM
07/14/13 12:15 AM
G
Giancarlo Offline
Underboss
Giancarlo  Offline
G
Underboss
The NAACP now wants Obama to have the DOJ file federal civil rights charges against Zimmerman.

http://dailycaller.com/2013/07/13/naacp-...ainst-zimmerman

Re: Crime & Justice [Re: Giancarlo] #726372
07/14/13 12:25 AM
07/14/13 12:25 AM
I
IvyLeague Offline
IvyLeague  Offline
I

Originally Posted By: XDCX
I feel like he got away with murder

Originally Posted By: Giancarlo
The NAACP now wants Obama to have the DOJ file federal civil rights charges against Zimmerman.

Not sure which one I'm more shocked by. rolleyes

Mods should mind their own business and leave poster's profile signatures alone.
Re: Crime & Justice [Re: The Italian Stallionette] #726374
07/14/13 12:30 AM
07/14/13 12:30 AM
fathersson Offline
Underboss
fathersson  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: The Italian Stallionette
Originally Posted By: Sicilian Babe
Very disappointed in the Not Guilty verdict. I've always thought the murder charge was overzealous, but believe that manslaughter was called for.

Yea me to SB, tho not totally shocked. "They always get away.." don't they? frown

TIS

Funny you should say that- it is just about what Zimmerman felt as the 911 center told him to stop following Martin.

Last edited by fathersson; 07/14/13 12:41 AM.

ONLY gun owners have the POWER to PROTECT and PRESERVE our FREEDOM.
"...it is their (the people's) right and duty to be at all times armed" - Thomas Jefferson, June 5, 1824

Everyone should read. "HOW TO KILL A MOCKING BIRD"

CAUTION: This Post has not been approved by Don Cardi.

You really don't expect people to believe your shit do you?

Read: "The Daily Apple"- Telling America and the Gangster BB like it really is!
Re: Crime & Justice [Re: IvyLeague] #726377
07/14/13 12:36 AM
07/14/13 12:36 AM
Illinois
C
Chicago Offline
Underboss
Chicago  Offline
C
Underboss
Illinois
The NAACP won't be able to do anything. The President can't do anything except pay them lip service. They are a bunch of Racist Cry Babies. They hurt the Black Cause more than help it.

The old saying is so true:
It's all over now but the Shouting.

Last edited by Chicago; 07/14/13 12:38 AM.
Re: Crime & Justice [Re: fathersson] #726378
07/14/13 12:46 AM
07/14/13 12:46 AM
California
The Italian Stallionette Offline
The Italian Stallionette  Offline

California
Originally Posted By: fathersson
Originally Posted By: The Italian Stallionette
Originally Posted By: Sicilian Babe
Very disappointed in the Not Guilty verdict. I've always thought the murder charge was overzealous, but believe that manslaughter was called for.

Yea me to SB, tho not totally shocked. "They always get away.." don't they? frown

TIS

Funny you should say that- it is just about what Zimmerman felt as the 911 center told him to stop following Martin.

I know!!

"Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind. War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today." JFK

"War is over, if you want it" - John Lennon

Re: Crime & Justice [Re: The Italian Stallionette] #726384
07/14/13 01:40 AM
07/14/13 01:40 AM
fathersson Offline
Underboss
fathersson  Offline
Underboss
Glad the jury weighed the facts presented in the case and did not act on political or public pressure. IMO the prosecution did not clearly show Zimmerman was guilty.

I think the jury returned the only verdict that they could. The prosecution did not prove beyond reasonable doubt that George Zimmerman committed murder or manslaughter. I am proud that the jury acted reasonably and responsibly, and as one of the prosecutors stated -

"Our legal system is not perfect, but it is the best in the world."

Now I hope that the citizens can also behave responsibly and reasonably, by not over-reacting and starting a riot.

To many of the people based the case on emotions and not facts. They just insert reasons that gave them what they wanted to beleive.
Like Martin wasn't here to tell his side. If he was then you couldn't keep showing him as a cute 13 years old instead of the thugs he really was. and he most likely would have been cut to threads when asked the same kind of intense questions like Zimmerman got. Instead Martin side got to be whatever smoke and mirrors they could pull out. You wait and see what come out now that the case is over.

"...it is their (the people's) right and duty to be at all times armed" - Thomas Jefferson, June 5, 1824

Re: Crime & Justice [Re: The Italian Stallionette] #726386
07/14/13 01:45 AM
07/14/13 01:45 AM
Copperopolis, CA
Pilsner Offline
Button
Pilsner  Offline
Button
Copperopolis, CA
I really believe that there has to be something in the water in Florida. The Zimmerman case WAS complex and I agree with Babe that manslaughter would have been called for. It seems like an exercise in futility.

Marissa Alexander Gets 20 Years for Firing Warning Shot

“Florida… America’s Wang.”- Homer Simpson

Steven Gomez is an indie writer in the best (or worst) pulp tradition.
Visit The Noir Factory to get the FREE Ebook "The Standing Eight"
Re: Crime & Justice [Re: IvyLeague] #726415
07/14/13 08:56 AM
07/14/13 08:56 AM
California
X
XDCX Offline
XDCX  Offline
X

California
Originally Posted By: IvyLeague

Any time I can make a Mormon roll their eyes (instead of the other way around) is a cause for celebration in my book. wink

"Got away with murder" is simply an expression, but probably a poor choice of words in this case. The circumstances of the case clearly point to manslaughter, but for whatever reason, the prosecution, in their incompetence, were unable to convince the jury of that. It's a shame, but that's the ruling. It was a fair trial. Zimmerman had his date in court, and his side won. I can live with that.

"Growing up my dad was like 'You have a great last name, Galifianakis. Galifianakis...begins with a gal...and ends with a kiss...' I'm like that's great dad, can we get it changed to 'Galifianafuck' please?" -- Zach Galifianakis

Re: Crime & Justice [Re: olivant] #726428
07/14/13 10:18 AM
07/14/13 10:18 AM
Texas
O
olivant Offline OP
olivant  Offline OP
O

Texas
So, Babe (and a couple of others), what are Florida's predicates for a successful manslaughter prosecution in Florida? Also, what evidence was presented in court to support those predicates?

"Generosity. That was my first mistake."
"Experience must be our only guide; reason may mislead us."
"Instagram is Twitter for people who can't read."
Re: Crime & Justice [Re: olivant] #726429
07/14/13 11:00 AM
07/14/13 11:00 AM
fathersson Offline
Underboss
fathersson  Offline
Underboss
This should have never been a case in the first place. They didn't even want to charge Zimmerman but it was the pressure from certain groups who push to make something of it. Yes, I will say it this was pushed by race! and by the media who wanted to cover this. Even President Obma fanned the flame with "If I had a Son" lines.

You watch how Media will cover this and examine it from every which way and bring thousand of people for their reactions. They will play this until something else comes along. $$ and slots filled by the media giants. WE know that there are two sides which have grown around this and one side would not be happy no matter what side won.

The race card is in play and has been since the beginging pushing this along more then it needed, just because they can push the race agenda and again we cow-tow because of the race card and no matter what whites say they will be labeled racists before people listen to what is being said. It has been so imbedded in the world that everything is wrong because of race. RACE RACE RACE give all of us a break and look at the facts VS the excuses.

And that the black community plays that everything is against it. and we need to compensate for what has happen years before. They couldn't look at just this case and the facts but they had to pull in EVERY case against blacks for centuries. AND if you bring up this point then you are against us and your a racist! Even using the term "Black Community" will trigger some people to say you are a racist.

Even now after the Martin Family had their day in court do you start to hear the excuse that Blacks can't get a fair shake in the courts when they don't get their way. That Black people lives are worth less to the world and they can't get a fair shake is being thrown out there and other bull that people start to beleive if you keep saying it over and over again. Say it enough and it becomes true and it now seems like the only way things can be.

Do you hear anything from the hispanic community screaming and yelling, either before, during and after all this? Oh wait we would rather call this a black/ white issue? WHY?

There was no facts that Zimmerman Intintentionally went out there to kill young Martin. But people want to say because he watched after his town that he had profiled young Martin and that in itself was a reason to convict. Which is a pure bullshit excuse. IF martin was another Hispanic would they be saying this?
If this was a black on black killing you would have never even heard anthing about this case in mainstream media.

Then it was because he had a gun on him that he should be convicted- another bullshit reason. He didn't hunt down Martin. Gun in hand searchin around for him and following a person is not a crime either. But became a crime of assult happen that the gun came into play. Carrying a gun is a person right, it doesn't make you a criminal or make you wrong in an event. It was not disproved that he shouldn't have used his gun to depend himself- or he would have been convicted for it.

Listen playing the sympathy angle. That Martin was just a child by showing young pictures of him time and time again and saying over and over again that this child was gun down isn't true. THIS child put himself in danger when HE confronted Zimmerman and struck him. He was the agressor but no one brings that up, they just push THAT aside and keep up with with a child was killed.

And please tell me this how would Zimmerman knew that Martin didn't have a weapon on him while he was being attacked? Do you have to wait until your stabbed or near death to save your life. Martin told him he was going to die tonight..isn't that enough to fear for your life while being attacked?
I love the thoughts on some who say that someone has died and someone should pay? Did Zimmerman have to be the one who died to satisfy the black community or make things right? Just because someone followed a person?

Now there is talk of a civil rights law suit whip up by people like Al Sharpton and other with an agenda.
Someone do us all a favor and look and see who gainned from all this with $$ over this time.

Signed JOE FRIDAY
Just the facts maam Just the facts.

Last edited by fathersson; 07/14/13 11:52 AM.

Re: Crime & Justice [Re: olivant] #726435
07/14/13 12:06 PM
07/14/13 12:06 PM
Texas
O
olivant Offline OP
olivant  Offline OP
O

Texas
Apparently, the US Justice Department has already examined this incident for civil rights violations and found none.

"Generosity. That was my first mistake."
"Experience must be our only guide; reason may mislead us."
"Instagram is Twitter for people who can't read."
Re: Crime & Justice [Re: XDCX] #726441
07/14/13 12:55 PM
07/14/13 12:55 PM
Midwest
LittleNicky Offline
Underboss
LittleNicky  Offline
Underboss
Midwest
Originally Posted By: IvyLeague

Any time I can make a Mormon roll their eyes (instead of the other way around) is a cause for celebration in my book. wink

"Got away with murder" is simply an expression, but probably a poor choice of words in this case. The circumstances of the case clearly point to manslaughter, but for whatever reason, the prosecution, in their incompetence, were unable to convince the jury of that. It's a shame, but that's the ruling. It was a fair trial. Zimmerman had his date in court, and his side won. I can live with that.

I "feel" you don't understand the law in the least. Self-Defense is a absolute defense against both second degree and manslaughter. Either the jury believed self defense (ie the prosecution didn't rebut beyond a reasonable doubt self defense) or they didn't. It didn't matter which they charged. There is no legal reason to find him not guilty of second degree but guilty of manslaughter.

But keep making worthless distinctions without a difference. I guess it helps you keep your emotional attachment to the Crump-Trayvon family story.

Re: Crime & Justice [Re: The Italian Stallionette] #726442
07/14/13 12:57 PM
07/14/13 12:57 PM
Midwest
LittleNicky Offline
Underboss
LittleNicky  Offline
Underboss
Midwest
I have to say, watching the comments- the people supporting zimmerman cite the actual law. The people supporting trayvon keep talking in strange, high emotional charged phrases like "innocent boy", "unarmed teenager", "skittles", "white hispanic". They talk in the language that the Parks and Crump provided the media early on. I guess that doesn't force them to actually understand the law.

Last edited by LittleNicky; 07/14/13 01:05 PM.

Re: Crime & Justice [Re: Pilsner] #726453
07/14/13 02:48 PM
07/14/13 02:48 PM
Brooklyn, New York
Dapper_Don Offline
Underboss
Dapper_Don  Offline
Underboss
Brooklyn, New York

Seems everybody on FB has been posting/commenting about this case recently, and people wonder why African Americans are continually outraged at the double standards present in the criminal justice system. rolleyes

Last edited by Dapper_Don; 07/14/13 02:49 PM.

Tommy Shots: They want me running the family, don't they know I have a young wife?
Sal Vitale: (laughs) Tommy, jump in, the water's fine.

Re: Crime & Justice [Re: Dapper_Don] #726461
07/14/13 03:06 PM
07/14/13 03:06 PM
Tampa, FL
waynethegame Offline
Capo
waynethegame  Offline
Capo
Tampa, FL
That verdict was
Originally Posted By: Dapper_Don

Seems everybody on FB has been posting/commenting about this case recently, and people wonder why African Americans are continually outraged at the double standards present in the criminal justice system. rolleyes

That verdict was crap as well, but that doesn't change the fact the Zimmerman verdict was the RIGHT one. He was attacked by the kid; following somebody isn't a crime, nor is provoking them, but assaulting someone is, and under Stand Your Ground, Zimmerman had the legal right to defend himself.

Although in that case, she left, got a gun, and came back. That's not Stand Your Ground, that's saying fuck it I'll go get a gun to intimidate this person, and that sadly is a crime. Given the circumstances I think she should have gotten off, but that argument isn't the same as the Zimmerman trial.

Last edited by waynethegame; 07/14/13 03:09 PM.

Wayne

"Finance is a gun. Politics is knowing when to pull the trigger."
Don Lucchesi
Re: Crime & Justice [Re: waynethegame] #726463
07/14/13 03:08 PM
07/14/13 03:08 PM
Brooklyn, New York
Dapper_Don Offline
Underboss
Dapper_Don  Offline
Underboss
Brooklyn, New York
Originally Posted By: waynethegame
Originally Posted By: Dapper_Don

That verdict was crap as well, but that doesn't change the fact the Zimmerman verdict was the RIGHT one.

Just for the record, I agreed from the start that GZ should be found not guilty of second degree murder.

The stand-your-ground law means that you are not required to retreat, even if you can do so safely. However, once you retreat, you cannot reengage. Thus, Alexander gave up her ability to use the stand-your-ground law when she left and then returned to confront her husband with a gun. Also important, is that Zimmerman did not rely on stand-your-ground. His defense was a straight self-defense claim. It had nothing to do with stand-your-ground.

Relevant to this case, Florida's "10-20-life" law was implemented in 1999 and credited with helping to lower the violent crime rate. Anyone who shows a gun in the commission of certain felonies gets an automatic 10 years in prison. Fire the gun, and it's an automatic 20 years. Shoot and wound someone, and it's 25 years to life.

Alexander's case underscores the unfair sentences that can result when laws strip judges of discretion. A judge should have the authority to decide an appropriate sanction after hearing all the unique circumstances of a case.

Last edited by Dapper_Don; 07/14/13 04:39 PM.

Tommy Shots: They want me running the family, don't they know I have a young wife?
Sal Vitale: (laughs) Tommy, jump in, the water's fine.

Re: Crime & Justice [Re: olivant] #726477
07/14/13 04:23 PM
07/14/13 04:23 PM
G
Giancarlo Offline
Underboss
Giancarlo  Offline
G
Underboss
Looks like the feds are looking at the case.

Jul 14, 4:02 PM EDT

Justice Dept: Zimmerman case under review

WASHINGTON (AP) -- The Justice Department says it is looking into the shooting death of Trayvon Martin to determine whether federal prosecutors should file criminal civil rights charges now that George Zimmerman has been acquitted in the state case.

The department opened an investigation into Martin's death last year but stepped aside to allow the state prosecution to proceed.

In a statement Sunday, the Justice Department said the criminal section of the civil rights division, the FBI and the U.S. Attorney's office for the Middle District of Florida are continuing to evaluate the evidence generated during the federal probe, in addition to the evidence and testimony from the state trial.

The statement said that, in the government's words, "experienced federal prosecutors will determine whether the evidence reveals a prosecutable violation."

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/U...-07-14-16-02-34

Page 51 of 73 1 2 49 50 51 52 53 72 73

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull