GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (1 invisible), 142 guests, and 2 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,095
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,284
Hollander 23,360
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,487
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,218
Posts1,056,202
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 10 of 73 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 72 73
Re: Crime & Justice [Re: olivant] #605534
06/15/11 05:25 AM
06/15/11 05:25 AM
MI
Lilo Offline
Lilo  Offline

MI
SAN FRANCISCO – Gene Balas and Carlos Morales were facing health problems and crushing financial pressures plaguing many U.S. households when they decided to file bankruptcy as a married couple.

The Obama administration said they couldn't, citing the Defense of Marriage Act, which prohibits federal recognition of same-sex marriages.

On Monday, 20 of 24 judges sitting on the country's largest consumer bankruptcy court sided with the gay couple. In doing so, the court took the extraordinary step of declaring the Defense of Marriage Act unconstitutional.

The ruling is the first such attack of the Defense of Marriage Act in bankruptcy court, and it adds to the building pressure on the Obama administration to make good on a February pledge to stop defending the law in court.

Balas and Morales were among the 18,000 Californian same-sex couples who wed Aug. 30, 2008, during the brief period when gay marriages were legal in the state.

"It is hurtful to hear my own government say that my marriage is not valid for purposes of federal law," Balas said in a court filing.

Balas said he was laid off from his $200,000-a-year job in the financial industry in March 2009. The couple said they share all income and expenses...
Full Article

"When the snows fall and the white winds blow, the lone wolf dies but the pack survives."
Winter is Coming

Now this is the Law of the Jungle—as old and as true as the sky; And the wolf that shall keep it may prosper, but the wolf that shall break it must die.
As the creeper that girdles the tree-trunk, the Law runneth forward and back; For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack.
Re: Crime & Justice [Re: olivant] #605537
06/15/11 08:09 AM
06/15/11 08:09 AM
MI
Lilo Offline
Lilo  Offline

MI
I actually remember this event.

Ypsilanti— A woman involved with her three sons in a notorious shootout at a motel in 1987 that resulted in the death of three Inkster police officers has died.
Alberta Easter, who was being held at Women's Huron Valley Correctional Facility in Ypsilanti, died on Sunday shortly after being taken to St. Joseph Mercy Hospital in Ann Arbor, a Department of Corrections spokesman said.
Easter, who was 93, died from natural causes, according to prison system spokesman Russ Marlan.
The shootout occurred at an Inkster motel where Easter was living when the officers tried to arrest her and one of her sons on charges that they bounced a $286 check.
After the officers were shot, Easter and three sons kept other police at bay during a 10-hour standoff that involved hundreds of rounds fired from the first-floor motel room.
Killed in the initial shootout were Officers Clay Hoover, 24, and Dan Dubiel, 36, and Sgt. Ira Parker, 41.
Hoover and Dubiel were shot 29 times each, according to testimony at the murder trial.
Easter and three sons were convicted of first-degree murder and given three life sentences apiece.

http://detnews.com/article/20110614/METR...s#ixzz1PLV7OfNZ

"When the snows fall and the white winds blow, the lone wolf dies but the pack survives."
Winter is Coming

Now this is the Law of the Jungle—as old and as true as the sky; And the wolf that shall keep it may prosper, but the wolf that shall break it must die.
As the creeper that girdles the tree-trunk, the Law runneth forward and back; For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack.
Re: Crime & Justice [Re: Lilo] #605574
06/15/11 09:16 PM
06/15/11 09:16 PM
AZ
Turnbull Offline
Turnbull  Offline

AZ
One of the biggest trials in the West, which is being held here, is going to the jury tomorrow:

James Arthur Ray is charged with multiple counts of manslaughter in a "Spiritual Warrior" sweat lodge experience in which three people died. How they died is the point on which this case turns. Prosecution alleges Ray deliberately told his followers they'd be liberated after a "near death" experience, and refused to acknowledge or help people who were obviously in extremis from heat stroke. Defense alleges they had free choice, and that insecticides embedded in and near the sweat lodge caused the deaths. Both sides paid expert witnesses to testify to the cause of death--they didn't rely on the coroner, whose testimony wasn't considered definitive.

Ntra la porta tua lu sangu � sparsu,
E nun me mporta si ce muoru accisu...
E s'iddu muoru e vaju mparadisu
Si nun ce truovo a ttia, mancu ce trasu.
Re: Crime & Justice [Re: olivant] #605829
06/20/11 06:28 AM
06/20/11 06:28 AM
MI
Lilo Offline
Lilo  Offline

MI
Senior Citizen Foils Carjacker

He walked from the post office to his Ford Escape, carefully looking around as he always does, before getting in the vehicle. A second later, a gun was pointed at him.

It was early afternoon on June 13, and Moses Baldwin was being carjacked.

But he isn't your average 81-year-old: Baldwin is a retired Detroit police officer who served on the force for 25 years and carries a concealed weapon.

The retired cop and carjacker exchanged gunfire. The thief escaped, but by Thursday, police said they had identified a suspect.

The Wayne County Prosecutor's Office is reviewing a warrant request for the suspect, who is in custody on other charges. Baldwin said he knows the outcome could have been different as he fought off a young, armed carjacker.

"Get out, get out, get out, get out, get out!' " Baldwin said the man yelled, telling him to put the keys in the ignition.

But Baldwin threw the keys on the floor. He said he was trying to buy time so he could get up from his seated position.

"I just slid out and started backing up and he says, 'Give me your money,' " Baldwin said.

"I said, 'I don't have any money.' "

Baldwin, who would end up about 10-15 feet away from the carjacker, reached into his pocket. He had some loose cash and pulled out a $5 bill with his left hand and threw it.

Then he reached for something else.

The carjacker, Baldwin said, asked: "What you reaching for? What you reaching for?'"

"I said, 'This.' "....

Winter is Coming

Re: Crime & Justice [Re: olivant] #605839
06/20/11 11:29 AM
06/20/11 11:29 AM
Texas
O
olivant Offline OP
olivant  Offline OP
O

Texas
msnbc.com news services updated 2 hours 4 minutes ago 2011-06-20

WASHINGTON — The U.S. Supreme Court ruled for Wal-Mart on Monday in the largest sex-discrimination lawsuit ever, handing down a decision that could have broad implications for workers seeking jointly to sue their employers.

The justices overturned an earlier U.S. appeals court ruling that gave class-action status to 1.5 million female Wal-Mart employees, past and present, seeking billions of dollars in a suit accusing the retailer of paying women less and giving them fewer promotions at the company.

"Generosity. That was my first mistake."
"Experience must be our only guide; reason may mislead us."
"Instagram is Twitter for people who can't read."
Re: Crime & Justice [Re: olivant] #606075
06/23/11 06:52 AM
06/23/11 06:52 AM
MI
Lilo Offline
Lilo  Offline

MI
Woman arrested for videotaping police

NEW YORK -- In May, the Rochester Police Department arrested a woman on a charge of obstructing governmental administration after she videotaped several officers' search of a man's car. The charge is a criminal misdemeanor.

The only problem? Videotaping a police officer in public view is perfectly legal in New York state -- and the woman was in her own front yard. The arrest report of the incident also contains an apparent discrepancy from what is seen in the woman's own video...

Winter is Coming

Re: Crime & Justice [Re: Lilo] #606121
06/23/11 04:19 PM
06/23/11 04:19 PM
BAM_233 Offline
Underboss
BAM_233  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: Lilo
Woman arrested for videotaping police

NEW YORK -- In May, the Rochester Police Department arrested a woman on a charge of obstructing governmental administration after she videotaped several officers' search of a man's car. The charge is a criminal misdemeanor.

The only problem? Videotaping a police officer in public view is perfectly legal in New York state -- and the woman was in her own front yard. The arrest report of the incident also contains an apparent discrepancy from what is seen in the woman's own video...

so, its legal and on her own property. i believe the officer will be suspended because he just cost the force some money.

Re: Crime & Justice [Re: olivant] #606367
06/27/11 08:33 AM
06/27/11 08:33 AM
MI
Lilo Offline
Lilo  Offline

MI
What is going on in Tennessee?
Cyber-Bullying Law goes too far??

Winter is Coming

Re: Crime & Justice [Re: olivant] #606706
07/01/11 06:27 AM
07/01/11 06:27 AM
MI
Lilo Offline
Lilo  Offline

MI
DSK case about to fall apart?

The criminal case against French political heavyweight Dominique Strauss-Kahn is in jeopardy of falling apart because the hotel maid who accused him has been caught in a web of lies, sources said.

The Bronx chambermaid's credibility crumbled as investigators linked her to a network of crooks and found her to have to multiple bank accounts stuffed with a total of almost $100,000 in dirty cash, sources said Thursday night.

Prosecutors now believe there was little truth in anything the Guinean-born maid has told them since NYPD cops yanked the one-time contender for the French presidency off a plane at Kennedy Airport on May 14, the sources said.

Rush to Justice???

Winter is Coming

Re: Crime & Justice [Re: olivant] #606727
07/01/11 01:39 PM
07/01/11 01:39 PM
New York
Sicilian Babe Offline
Sicilian Babe  Offline

New York
This makes it all the more difficult to prosecute rapists. It's a terrible situation.

President Emeritus of the Neal Pulcawer Fan Club
Re: Crime & Justice [Re: Sicilian Babe] #606730
07/01/11 01:53 PM
07/01/11 01:53 PM
California
The Italian Stallionette Offline
The Italian Stallionette  Offline

California
Of course if Strauss is innocent or if the evidence says he should not be charged, so be it.

BUT, it's just wrong to me that in cases like rape you can dig up all kinds of shit about the accuser's past, BUT if the defendant has had similar arrests for same charges, in some (if not all?) states, it can't be known to the jury.

That being said, it is sad that some women would falsely accuse a man of rape. I just can't imagine any woman wanting to go through the legal process based on a lie. Takes all kinds I guess. frown

TIS

"Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind. War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today." JFK

"War is over, if you want it" - John Lennon

Re: Crime & Justice [Re: The Italian Stallionette] #606737
07/01/11 05:02 PM
07/01/11 05:02 PM
Texas
O
olivant Offline OP
olivant  Offline OP
O

Texas
Originally Posted By: The Italian Stallionette
Of course if Strauss is innocent or if the evidence says he should not be charged, so be it.

BUT, it's just wrong to me that in cases like rape you can dig up all kinds of shit about the accuser's past, BUT if the defendant has had similar arrests for same charges, in some (if not all?) states, it can't be known to the jury.

That being said, it is sad that some women would falsely accuse a man of rape. I just can't imagine any woman wanting to go through the legal process based on a lie. Takes all kinds I guess. frown

TIS

Texas rules of trial procedures prevent a defendant from bringing up an alledged rape victim's sexual history. Pre-trial motions may result in such history emerging.

This is what has happened in the Strauss case. The accuser's veracity is being questioned by investigators. A defendant's arrest and conviction record at trial would prejudice the jury, so it is disallowed.

Re: Crime & Justice [Re: olivant] #606863
07/03/11 05:32 PM
07/03/11 05:32 PM
MI
Lilo Offline
Lilo  Offline

MI

Winter is Coming

Re: Crime & Justice [Re: Lilo] #606865
07/03/11 05:50 PM
07/03/11 05:50 PM
Texas
O
olivant Offline OP
olivant  Offline OP
O

Texas
Exactly.

Re: Crime & Justice [Re: olivant] #606983
07/05/11 01:31 PM
07/05/11 01:31 PM
California

California
MSNBC is reporting there is a verdict in the Casey Anthony trial to be read at 2:15 p.m. Talk about quick deliberations. uhwhat

TIS

"Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind. War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today." JFK

Re: Crime & Justice [Re: The Italian Stallionette] #606984
07/05/11 01:48 PM
07/05/11 01:48 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
MSNBC is reporting there is a verdict in the Casey Anthony trial to be read at 2:15 p.m. Talk about quick deliberations. uhwhat

Gotta be guilty, no?

I mean, deliberations that fast usually only come back in favor of the prosecution. But I guess that's not an exact science. I'll tell you one thing: If they found her guilty of capital first-degree murder that fast, they're very likely to vote in favor of the death penalty at sentencing. Central Florida has an awful lot of Bible thumpers.

I guess we'll know soon enough smile.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: Crime & Justice [Re: pizzaboy] #606985
07/05/11 01:59 PM
07/05/11 01:59 PM
California

California
All the speculation is that it is guilty but you never really know. Obviously they all must have been on the same page going into deliberations. It does seem there was a lot of evidence (a lot of circumstancial evidence I hear) confused to go over but they must have been convinced one way or the other.....my guess is it's guilty.

TIS

Re: Crime & Justice [Re: The Italian Stallionette] #606986
07/05/11 02:19 PM
07/05/11 02:19 PM
California

California
NOT GUILTY except on the "providing wrong information to law enforcement" charges. eek

TIS

Re: Crime & Justice [Re: The Italian Stallionette] #606987
07/05/11 02:20 PM
07/05/11 02:20 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
See, you never know.

Not guilty across the board except for making false statements to law enforcement.

Wow! eek

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: Crime & Justice [Re: pizzaboy] #606988
07/05/11 02:29 PM
07/05/11 02:29 PM
California

California
Having served on one murder trial, I can say I took it very seriously as I'm guessing these jurors did. You try to follow the judge's instructions (which is like a novel it seems); you must not hold it against the defendant if he/she doesn't take the stand and you judge by evidence/testimony provided. It can be very very stressful and when it comes to murder and in this case possible death penalty, one would certainly want to be thorough and fair.

I laugh at the talking heads having to backtrack after all there speculations that a quick verdict means "guilty." I admit, I thought that's what it would be too. You truly NEVER know. confused

TIS

BTW, regarding the charges of making false statements to law enforcement, with her being in jail all this time can the courts say it was "time served" and she'll go free in the end?

Last edited by The Italian Stallionette; 07/05/11 02:31 PM.

Re: Crime & Justice [Re: The Italian Stallionette] #606990
07/05/11 03:13 PM
07/05/11 03:13 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
BTW, regarding the charges of making false statements to law enforcement, with her being in jail all this time can the courts say it was "time served" and she'll go free in the end?

Sure, that could very well happen, Tis.

Say the Judge gives her a year for each count she's been found guilty of, then runs them concurrently. If she's been incarcerated for longer than said year, she'd get time served. But I'm just using one year as an example; I'm not even sure what the penalty is in Florida.

One thing's for sure: Every day that she's spent behind bars will count towards her sentence. That's the law.

Re: Crime & Justice [Re: pizzaboy] #606991
07/05/11 03:15 PM
07/05/11 03:15 PM
BAM_233 Offline
Underboss
BAM_233  Offline
Underboss
saw that coming...sadly enough their wasn't enough proof saying that casey killed her daughter. the only proof they have is that casey is a bitch when it comes to being a mother.

Re: Crime & Justice [Re: olivant] #606993
07/05/11 03:43 PM
07/05/11 03:43 PM
NJ
Don Marco Offline
Underboss
Don Marco  Offline
Underboss
NJ
Won't that be an interesting house for Thanksgiving dinner.

"After all, we are not communists"

Christopher Moltisanti: You ever think what a coincidence it is that Lou Gehrig died of Lou Gehrig's disease?

Tony Soprano: Yeah well, when you're married, you'll understand the importance of fresh produce.
Re: Crime & Justice [Re: olivant] #606999
07/05/11 05:15 PM
07/05/11 05:15 PM
V
VinnyGorgeous Offline
BANNED
VinnyGorgeous  Offline
BANNED
V
Underboss
If this had been an accident, she would've never acted the way she acted. Molested by her father? Are you fucking kidding me? Then her mother comes on the stand and lies about Googling chloroform. I'm not saying I would've wanted her to get the death penalty, but convict her for aggravated manslaughter!!! The behavior this woman displayed is sick.

TIS. You asked if she could get time served for being found guilty for lying to the police. She very well could. She's been in prison for the last three years now and she faces up to five years in prison for four counts of providing false information to the authorities. PB pretty much answered this, but that's the penalty down in Florida. If she gets three years or less, she'll walk right then and there.

"What is given, can be taken away. Everyone lies. Everyone dies." - Casey Anthony, in a poem, July 7, 2008
Re: Crime & Justice [Re: VinnyGorgeous] #607000
07/05/11 05:25 PM
07/05/11 05:25 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Originally Posted By: VinnyGorgeous
If this had been an accident, she would've never acted the way she acted. Molested by her father? Are you fucking kidding me? Then her mother comes on the stand and lies about Googling chloroform. I'm not saying I would've wanted her to get the death penalty, but convict her for aggravated manslaughter!!! The behavior this woman displayed is sick.

I agree. I'm anti-death penalty except for very extreme cases, but I was hoping this woman would have been found guilty of at least manslaughter. In Florida the judge would probably have maxed her out. Now she's going to be out after doing only three years for a crime that she obviously played a part in.

Don't even get my wife started. She's hoping some redneck cracker grabs a shotgun on the courthouse steps lol.

Re: Crime & Justice [Re: pizzaboy] #607007
07/05/11 05:44 PM
07/05/11 05:44 PM
Beth E Offline
Crabby
Beth E  Offline
Crabby

Originally Posted By: pizzaboy

Don't even get my wife started. She's hoping some redneck cracker grabs a shotgun on the courthouse steps lol.

If only I were in Florida.....

How about a little less questions and a lot more shut the hell up - Brian Griffin

When there's a will...put me in it.
Re: Crime & Justice [Re: Beth E] #607031
07/06/11 10:27 AM
07/06/11 10:27 AM
With Geary in Fredo's Brothel
dontomasso Offline
Consigliere to the Stars
dontomasso  Offline
Consigliere to the Stars

With Geary in Fredo's Brothel
The only thing I really liked about this was watching Nancy Grace's head explode.

"Io sono stanco, sono imbigliato, and I wan't everyone here to know, there ain't gonna be no trouble from me..Don Corleone..Cicc' a port!"

"I stood in the courtroom like a fool."

"I am Constanza: Lord of the idiots."

Re: Crime & Justice [Re: dontomasso] #607032
07/06/11 10:30 AM
07/06/11 10:30 AM
California

California
Originally Posted By: dontomasso
The only thing I really liked about this was watching Nancy Grace's head explode.

Ha ha ha!! I heard a clip of her reaction which was unusually calm BUT she remarked something like "The Devil is Dancing Tonight." lol

TIS

Re: Crime & Justice [Re: dontomasso] #607034
07/06/11 10:37 AM
07/06/11 10:37 AM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Originally Posted By: dontomasso

Yeah, as disgusted as I am by this verdict, at least Grace has one less thing to be so fucking smug about. She's a HORRIBLE woman. It wouldn't surprise me if her boyfriend in college paid that guy to kill him, just so he could get away from her.

Re: Crime & Justice [Re: olivant] #607035
07/06/11 11:27 AM
07/06/11 11:27 AM
New York
Sicilian Babe Offline
Sicilian Babe  Offline

New York
Although I know that the defense did their job extremely well, I found their jumping up and down and celebrating a bit much. The news showed footage of them high-fiving each other and whooping it up in a bar afterwards. They may as well have been dancing on Caylee's little grave.

Could someone PLEASE remember that a little girl died, far too young, and way too tragically? Although I'm sure that she died by her mother's hand, the prosecution didn't have a strong enough case to prove it beyond a reasonable doubt. It's a horror, for sure, and Caylee deserved way better.

President Emeritus of the Neal Pulcawer Fan Club
Page 10 of 73 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 72 73

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull