GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
2 registered members (joepuzzles234, Captbony1999), 115 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,095
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,284
Hollander 23,359
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,487
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,218
Posts1,056,201
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Even Worse Than Returns - Review of GF's REVENGE #553656
08/31/09 10:49 PM
08/31/09 10:49 PM
Hell
FredoCorleone Offline OP
Professor With The Hardhat
FredoCorleone  Offline OP
Button
Hell
************************SPOILERS*******************************
Easily the worst book Ive ever read. Mark Winegardner just shows how bad of a writer, and how he was the worst possible choice to write this book. There are many reasons for this.

1. Carlo Tramonti, now, if memory serves me correctly, Carlo TRamonti was just in the background in the commision meeting in the original book. Barely mentioned. In the 1st film, he was left ON THE CUTTING ROOM FLOOR. Now MArk Winegardner, being the BRILLAINT talent that he is, creates some pyscotic, delusional character of his own based on the 3 lines of dialogue from the original novel. The man who in the original book just sat there not saying much of anything in 1 scene, now comes up w/ some plot to kill the president... And speaking of which...

2. The Whole Shea Thing.
Not only was it a COMPLETE rip off of the Kennedy assasination, it just didnt fit at all w/ the GF. Its bullshit. The reason tramonti wants to kill the pres. is hilarious, a joke.
See, I could understand a bad temper, but a mafia boss does not kill the president of the united states.

3. Nick Geraci
Ugh. Nick Geraci. A character createdd by Winegardner, and apparently based off him too, which is ridiculous. Mark W. Makes Geraci into a badass, and makes the entire book about him, and tthe ending, timid, and VERY predictable, with Geraci getting himself killed. I hate how the book writes him as the best earner the corleones ever had. Then in GFR, another piece of crap, why does Micheal attempt to kill him. The explanation makes no sense.

4. Winegardner Seems to Hate all the characters Puzo created.
He portrays Micheal as a coward who " has problems in the sack", no I didnt make that up. He portrays Connie as a whore and unreliabble, which is slightly true ( at the time), but his hate for the character is evident. Dont get me started on what he did to poor Fredo. lol
He portrays Sonnys wife as an overweight shrew.
Johnny Fontane is shown as a shmuch and an overall loser, and he realy didnt need in the book.

He portrays Neri as an asshole and an overall idiot. I found myself not enjoying Micheals presence, but of course, for the whole goddamned book, he basicly roots for Geraci. You can easily tell he wants his sh*t character to win, but when its written like that and geraci dies at the end?! Unsatisfying, overall poorly done plotine. Winegardners characters that he created belong in a completely different book. He should of wrote Geraci in some other crap of his own and let him win.
The ending of the book makes you feel unsatisfied, and cheated out of your money. We can all take comfort in the fact that this isnt even canon. I hope not...

Whew, Ive been holding that in for a long time now.
Well, theres are the main things that angered me about the book.
I think its a damn shame they didnt get somebody good to write the book, well at least we have " The Sicillian"

Last edited by FredoCorleone; 08/31/09 10:52 PM.

Need scriptwriter for upcoming Godfather Part 4, Personal message me if you wish to participate!
Re: Even Worse Than Returns - Review of GF's REVENGE [Re: FredoCorleone] #553849
09/03/09 10:08 AM
09/03/09 10:08 AM
With Geary in Fredo's Brothel
dontomasso Offline
Consigliere to the Stars
dontomasso  Offline
Consigliere to the Stars

With Geary in Fredo's Brothel
clap lol Tell us what you really think. Let's hope to God there is not another one.

"Io sono stanco, sono imbigliato, and I wan't everyone here to know, there ain't gonna be no trouble from me..Don Corleone..Cicc' a port!"

"I stood in the courtroom like a fool."

"I am Constanza: Lord of the idiots."

Re: Even Worse Than Returns - Review of GF's REVENGE [Re: dontomasso] #553945
09/04/09 08:43 AM
09/04/09 08:43 AM
Hell
FredoCorleone Offline OP
FredoCorleone  Offline OP
Button
Hell
The sad thing is I could see Puzos estate paying Winegardner to write another one, about Fredos f*cking son, lol. lol

Its a disgrace that Anthony Puzo would allow this idiot to make another book after the disastrous Returns. mad
But if Winegardner made another, Id buy it.
Id buy it just to see how badly Winegardner fucked it up, and how he's completely destroying the possibilites of a GF4, which may be a good thing shhh.

Last edited by FredoCorleone; 09/04/09 08:44 AM.

Need scriptwriter for upcoming Godfather Part 4, Personal message me if you wish to participate!
Re: Even Worse Than Returns - Review of GF's REVENGE [Re: FredoCorleone] #735977
08/22/13 01:51 AM
08/22/13 01:51 AM
EnzoBaker Offline
Capo
EnzoBaker  Offline
Capo
Four years later -- apparently in the course of a copyright lawsuit against the Puzo heirs, it develops that "Revenge" was NOT authorized by Paramount, and as part of the lawsuit they pretty much completely disavowed it.

It's pretty safe to believe if any GF IV movie is ever made, it will have nothing to do with the Winegardner books.

"You did good."

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull