GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (1 invisible), 142 guests, and 2 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,095
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,284
Hollander 23,360
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,487
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,218
Posts1,056,202
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Pinky Rings... !? [Re: Italian_Mafia_Boss] #586688
11/26/10 11:41 PM
11/26/10 11:41 PM
DC but relocated- myrtle beach...
tattoo_mafia Offline
Associate
tattoo_mafia  Offline
Associate
DC but relocated- myrtle beach...
Originally Posted By: Italian_Mafia_Boss
Where do you get pinky rings nowadays? I can't find them anywhere.
you can either get a jeweler to make one for you or have a ring sized for your finger..i have 3 different ones but i dont wear them everyday. i only wear them when i go out..i'm a tattoo artist and it is a hassle to wear one with gloves on, especially one that has big stones in it like my favorite one has in it

Re: Pinky Rings... !? [Re: Italian_Mafia_Boss] #983323
12/24/19 05:46 AM
12/24/19 05:46 AM
The US of Frickin A!!!
Tru_Bizelli Offline
Humble Friend of Yours!
Tru_Bizelli  Offline
Humble Friend of Yours!
Made Member
The US of Frickin A!!!
Originally Posted by Italian_Mafia_Boss
Originally Posted by DiMaggio68
I can't believe that these Black Rap stars are trying to copy the wiseguys now, like wearing the pinky rings and black leather jackets. What about the rap group called the Gambino Family? I don't know why they were not blown away yet for stealing the real mafia family's name. Another fugazi is that rapper Gotti, who is a Puerto Rican that changed his name to Gotti. He has a tv show called Gotti's way. They are trying to be like us Italianos.

Fuckin wannabes!!!!

DiMaggio68, I'm all with you on this one. I get pissed off every day seeing these people who aren't even Italian try to act like they're Italian, even Wiseguy slang is starting to be used by other ethnic groups. Black rappers are even trying to call themselves Mafiosi these days. I get really pissed off at this, I'm thinking maybe I should try to get a petition associated with the NIAF (National Italian American Foundation) and say that these people are making us Italians look bad.

EVERYBODY WANTS TO BE ITALIAN! grin
Only some of us are blessed ;-)

~ Woke Up This Morning And Bought Myself A Gun ~
~ Curtis "Ray Biselliano" Bizelli ~
Re: Pinky Rings... !? [Re: DiMaggio68] #983324
12/24/19 05:48 AM
12/24/19 05:48 AM
The US of Frickin A!!!
Tru_Bizelli Offline
Humble Friend of Yours!
Tru_Bizelli  Offline
Humble Friend of Yours!
Made Member
The US of Frickin A!!!
Originally Posted by DiMaggio68
Originally Posted by Tru_Bizelli
The truth is I was just MEAN TO wear a pinky ring!
I got a class ring when I was in HS, Now it only fits on my PINKY! haha, just how it happened! Works out great!

Are u sure your not trying to be a Mafioso............

No!

Re: Pinky Rings... !? [Re: Don Dallal] #983332
12/24/19 10:52 AM
12/24/19 10:52 AM
Moe_Tilden Offline
ForeverBotheringIranians
Moe_Tilden  Offline
ForeverBotheringIranians

Carmine Galante was visibly wearing a pinky ring in the crime scene photos taken after his death.

I invoke my right under the 5th amendment of the United States constitution and decline to answer the question.
Re: Pinky Rings... !? [Re: Don Dallal] #983370
12/24/19 08:53 PM
12/24/19 08:53 PM
G
Galassi70 Offline
Button
Galassi70  Offline
G
Button
Kinda curious you never will see a Italian American wearing jeans hanging off his backside or tattoos on his neck or wearing a "grill" in his mouth
The whole culture that associates with rap has always been more about perception than reality
Rappers have been adapting from other cultures for years

Re: Pinky Rings... !? [Re: Galassi70] #983372
12/24/19 10:57 PM
12/24/19 10:57 PM
MI
Lilo Offline
Lilo  Offline

MI
Originally Posted by Galassi70
Kinda curious you never will see a Italian American wearing jeans hanging off his backside or tattoos on his neck or wearing a "grill" in his mouth
The whole culture that associates with rap has always been more about perception than reality

Must disagree with this. Musicians in particular and people in general adapt and adopt from everyone. Without adaptation and cross cultural sharing there is no rock-n-roll, no pop, no nothing. It's a cliche but America really is a melting pot. Heck the world is. Eric Clapton's favorite music and one from which he has earned millions is not indigenous to the UK. Should he be restricted from playing blues? Should Black Americans be upset that Italian-Americans Louie Prima , Tony Bennett, and Steven Tyler copied from and/or were influenced by Black musicians or styles?

And as far as Italian-Americans never wearing grills, apparently someone forgot to tell Vinnie Paz.

[Linked Image]

"When the snows fall and the white winds blow, the lone wolf dies but the pack survives."
Winter is Coming

Now this is the Law of the Jungle—as old and as true as the sky; And the wolf that shall keep it may prosper, but the wolf that shall break it must die.
As the creeper that girdles the tree-trunk, the Law runneth forward and back; For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack.
Re: Pinky Rings... !? [Re: Galassi70] #983378
12/25/19 02:04 PM
12/25/19 02:04 PM
B
Blackmobs Offline
Underboss
Blackmobs  Offline
B
Underboss

Well there’s alot of italian american that dress like black guys.
Like there’s black guys that act like italians. Go to Italy and you’ll see alot of italians teens and young adults that dress like black people or arab people from the Cité of Paris or Marseille. Also, there’s alot of italian that are rapping.
So saying that uou don’t see italians that tried to “act black” is kind of full of nothing.

Also, yes hip hop or gangster rap or street gangs emulate the italian mafia, because they grew up with mafia movies. They all like the Godfather movies.
They also emulate western movies, because they grew up watching those movies.

Also, when we talk about organized crime and ”crime culture”, the italian mob is the most well know, they are like the exemple of organized crime

Re: Pinky Rings... !? [Re: Blackmobs] #983384
12/25/19 03:15 PM
12/25/19 03:15 PM
Word Wide
MolochioInduced Offline
Underboss
MolochioInduced  Offline
Underboss
Word Wide
Funny things is that Scarface is a movie, that is often cited as a movie that is emulated in various cultures, and Al Pacino is a Sicilian, Corleonese if I’m correct.

Very cool discussion!

What about Frank & Dino, are they still loved by wiseguys now a days?

Last edited by MolochioInduced; 12/25/19 03:29 PM.

In Sicily, women are more dangerous than the shotgun.
Re: Pinky Rings... !? [Re: MolochioInduced] #983501
12/27/19 09:38 PM
12/27/19 09:38 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
The grill is a bad luck on any culture lol.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: Pinky Rings... !? [Re: pizzaboy] #983615
12/29/19 01:25 PM
12/29/19 01:25 PM
R
Revis_Knicks Offline
Was: Revis_Island
Revis_Knicks  Offline
R
Underboss
Originally Posted by pizzaboy
The grill is a bad luck on any culture lol.

You’d be surprised PB. Some rappers can actually pull it off lol.

Re: Pinky Rings... !? [Re: Lilo] #983616
12/29/19 01:28 PM
12/29/19 01:28 PM
R
Revis_Knicks Offline
Revis_Knicks  Offline
R
Underboss
Originally Posted by Lilo

Must disagree with this. Musicians in particular and people in general adapt and adopt from everyone. Without adaptation and cross cultural sharing there is no rock-n-roll, no pop, no nothing. It's a cliche but America really is a melting pot. Heck the world is. Eric Clapton's favorite music and one from which he has earned millions is not indigenous to the UK. Should he be restricted from playing blues? Should Black Americans be upset that Italian-Americans Louie Prima , Tony Bennett, and Steven Tyler copied from and/or were influenced by Black musicians or styles?

And as far as Italian-Americans never wearing grills, apparently someone forgot to tell Vinnie Paz.

[Linked Image]

Well said. Everybody takes from everybody in music culture. It’s just entertainment. It’s like when Al D’Arco slighted De Niro in his book for coming in one of his restaurants and studying some of the mob guys who came in by watching them from time to time. He’s an actor, what does he expect? I don’t think there’s any need to be mad at rappers for relating to Italian american mob culture that they either saw on tv or in real life from time to time growing up.

Last edited by Revis_Knicks; 12/29/19 01:30 PM.
Re: Pinky Rings... !? [Re: Lilo] #984196
01/05/20 10:07 PM
01/05/20 10:07 PM
The US of Frickin A!!!
Tru_Bizelli Offline
Humble Friend of Yours!
Tru_Bizelli  Offline
Humble Friend of Yours!
Made Member
The US of Frickin A!!!
Originally Posted by Lilo

[Linked Image]

yea, you're right about this & it's a shame.
I admit when I was a teen and stupid, I wore baggy jeans that would fall off my butt, but now I'm totally opposed to it.
Grills aren't my thing either. I prefer a more "toned down" classic look. I would never wear jeans off my butt nowadays. I find it very disrespectful.

Re: Pinky Rings... !? [Re: Don Dallal] #1012616
05/27/21 01:10 AM
05/27/21 01:10 AM
The US of Frickin A!!!
Tru_Bizelli Offline
Humble Friend of Yours!
Tru_Bizelli  Offline
Humble Friend of Yours!
Made Member
The US of Frickin A!!!
Hey everyone, long time, no chat! Just wanted to chime in. I noticed Rudy Giuliani wearing a pinky ring in his recent videos.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull