GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
5 registered members (joepuzzles234, RushStreet, 3 invisible), 114 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,094
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,284
Hollander 23,353
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,485
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,215
Posts1,056,173
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 15 of 16 1 2 13 14 15 16
Re: Pizza Hunter [Re: JRCX] #920599
09/25/17 11:58 PM
09/25/17 11:58 PM
Texas
O
olivant Offline
olivant  Offline
O

Texas
TB and Pete: priceless posts.

"Generosity. That was my first mistake."
"Experience must be our only guide; reason may mislead us."
"Instagram is Twitter for people who can't read."
Re: Pizza Hunter [Re: mustachepete] #920688
09/26/17 10:47 PM
09/26/17 10:47 PM
R
RollinBones Offline
Underboss
RollinBones  Offline
R
Underboss
Originally Posted By: mustachepete
Vito: When -- when did I ever refuse a topping? All of you know me here -- when did I ever refuse? -- except one time. And why? Because -- I believe this pineapple business -- is gonna destroy us in the years to come. I mean, it's not like pepperoni or sausage -- even prosciutto -- which is something that most people want nowadays, and is forbidden to them by the pezzonovante of the Church on Fridays. Even the delicatessens that've helped us in the past with salami and other things are gonna refuse to help us when in comes to pineapple. And I believed that -- then -- and I believe that now. 

Fredo (weeping): But the fruit man said there was something in it for me, on my own....

lol lol lol excellent.. and true.

Re: Pizza Hunter [Re: JRCX] #920716
09/27/17 11:52 AM
09/27/17 11:52 AM
M
Mark Offline
Underboss
Mark  Offline
M
Underboss
MICHAEL: "This used to be my father's old kitchen -- it's changed. I remember there used to be a big oven, right here. I remember when I was a kid, Frankie, we had to be very quiet when we made pies here. I was very happy that this pizzeria never went to strangers -- first CLEMENZA took it over and started selling slices, now you and the whole delivery thing. My father taught me many things here -- he taught me in this kitchen..."

(then, as Michael sits beside PENTANGELI)

"He taught me -- keep your pizzaioli close but your competition closer. Now, if PAPA JOHN sees that I interceded in this franchise, and the DOMINO BROTHERS failed him, he's gonna think his recipes with me is still good. Capide?"

PENTANGELI: [Acknowledge in Italian.]

MICHAEL: "That's what I want him to think. I want him completely relaxed eating deep dish, and content, with our menu. Then I'll be able to find out who the traitor in my pizzeria was."

Re: Pizza Hunter [Re: JRCX] #921328
10/09/17 05:56 PM
10/09/17 05:56 PM
Michael_Giovanni Offline
Underboss
Michael_Giovanni  Offline
Underboss
Can I play along lol?

Geary: I was under the impression you and I would eat this alone.

Michael: I trust these men with my pizza senator. If I asked them to leave it would be an insult.

Geary: Well it's perfectly alright with me, but I should tell you I am a hungry man, and I intend to devour this in front of you. Maybe more faster than anyone's devoured it before.

skipping ahead...

I don't like your kind of pizza. I don't like to see you come to my front door, with your oily pizza, all dressed up with those toppings, and try to pass it off as decent pizza. Fact is I'll eat it but I despise your moozadell, the way you advertise yourself, yourself and your whole f'n pizzeria.

Michael: Senator we're both part of the same hypocrisy. But never think it applies to my pizzeria.

Last edited by Michael_Giovanni; 10/09/17 10:32 PM.
Re: Pizza Hunter [Re: Michael_Giovanni] #921375
10/10/17 05:07 PM
10/10/17 05:07 PM
M
Mark Offline
Underboss
Mark  Offline
M
Underboss
Originally Posted By: Michael_Giovanni
Can I play along lol?

Geary: I was under the impression you and I would eat this alone.

Michael: I trust these men with my pizza senator. If I asked them to leave it would be an insult.

Geary: Well it's perfectly alright with me, but I should tell you I am a hungry man, and I intend to devour this in front of you. Maybe more faster than anyone's devoured it before.

skipping ahead...

I don't like your kind of pizza. I don't like to see you come to my front door, with your oily pizza, all dressed up with those toppings, and try to pass it off as decent pizza. Fact is I'll eat it but I despise your moozadell, the way you advertise yourself, yourself and your whole f'n pizzeria.

Michael: Senator we're both part of the same hypocrisy. But never think it applies to my pizzeria.

Nice job, MG. I enjoyed that! clap

Re: Pizza Hunter [Re: JRCX] #921376
10/10/17 05:19 PM
10/10/17 05:19 PM
Michael_Giovanni Offline
Underboss
Michael_Giovanni  Offline
Underboss
Thanks Mark. You guys set the standard with those posts. They're all brilliant!

Re: Pizza Hunter [Re: JRCX] #924858
12/17/17 08:31 AM
12/17/17 08:31 AM
B
BobbyPazzo Offline
Capo
BobbyPazzo  Offline
B
Capo
Me and my better half went to see the dyker heights Christmas lights last nights which were amazing... We're bringing the kids next weekend ... we stopped at Spumoni Gardens first and it's been like a year since I've went there and it was the first time I ever brought my lady there. She's obssesed. I mean it really is THAT good. We both got a pint of rainbow spumoni after then we drove into the city to get our annual family ornament at Bryant park. Great night. So yea she says she feels bad we didn't bring the kids to the lights but it's really an excuse to go back to L&B. I ain't complaining.

Re: Pizza Hunter [Re: JRCX] #925520
12/30/17 08:12 AM
12/30/17 08:12 AM
B
BobbyPazzo Offline
Capo
BobbyPazzo  Offline
B
Capo
Went to johns on bleeker last night with the wife. Best regular slice I've ever had. Sicilian def spumoni gardens and johns for the regular. As far as Neapolitan ... Queen Margherita in nutley

Re: Pizza Hunter [Re: JRCX] #957902
11/15/18 08:57 PM
11/15/18 08:57 PM
VanillaLimeCoke Offline
Button
VanillaLimeCoke  Offline
Button
Grotto Pizza

Hey there buddy, What’s Up? Patricia told us you were coming. My name is Luke and I’m team hoarden all the way. I ain’t no bad hombre. Everybody’s gonna tell you I got a big mouth though. I spoil the endings to movies. -Dennis from GLASS

Hey, can we keep it under 60? I’m still trying to pay for all this dental work. -Simon from TRUE LIES
Re: Pizza Hunter [Re: JRCX] #957942
11/16/18 11:32 AM
11/16/18 11:32 AM
The Villa Quatro
Irishman12 Offline
THE BOSS
Irishman12  Offline
THE BOSS

The Villa Quatro
Growing up my favorite was Napoli's in New Windsor, NY but they've since gone out of business unfortunately. Currently my favorite in my area of New York is Carmella's in Montgomery, NY. However, since I don't live in New York anymore, this year I decided to go on a pizza tour this holiday season. I'm really looking forward to it! The tour has great reviews and I'm going on the bus tour which only runs on Sundays. It runs 4 1/2 hours long and they visit 4 different locations, which change weekly. We're meeting up at Lombardi's on Spring Street which advertises itself as America's first pizzeria, opening in 1905. The other 3 locations won't be revealed until the day of the tour.

Scott's Pizza Tours

Re: Pizza Hunter [Re: JRCX] #957994
11/17/18 12:45 AM
11/17/18 12:45 AM
Where ever needed.
DuesPaid Offline
Banned
DuesPaid  Offline
Banned

Where ever needed.
BP is right...dont miss Johns if your anywhere near it and on a Pizza tour.

Be Loyal, Be Loving, Be Quiet.
Re: Pizza Hunter [Re: JRCX] #959957
12/22/18 12:44 PM
12/22/18 12:44 PM
The Villa Quatro
Irishman12 Offline
THE BOSS
Irishman12  Offline
THE BOSS

The Villa Quatro
For anyone who was curious, here's the super slice I got from Pizza Barn in Yonkers. Half buffalo chicken and half ham

Attached Files 1.jpg
Re: Pizza Hunter [Re: JRCX] #962304
01/24/19 08:26 PM
01/24/19 08:26 PM
Texas
O
olivant Offline
olivant  Offline
O

Texas
Are any Board members aware of this:

The World Pizza Championship is an event held annually to determine the world's best pizza makers. It began in 1991 and is organised by the magazine Pizza e Pasta Italiana and PizzaNew. Pizza competitions include those for fastest pizza maker, freestyle acrobatics and the largest dough stretch. Salsomaggiore Terme (Parma), Italy, is the site of the championships, although several other cities likewise claim to be the home of the ultimate international pizza games including Naples and Paris.

One of the main attractions to the championship is the presence of Miss Italia (Miss Italy), who crowns the winning pizzaiolos. It is the largest pizza show in the world with over 6,500 independent chain and franchise owners from all around the world attending. The winners are inducted into their Hall of Fame[1] and are sometimes invited back to judge the next World Pizza Championship. They also win a cash prize totaling about $10,000.

Re: Pizza Hunter [Re: JRCX] #962316
01/24/19 08:58 PM
01/24/19 08:58 PM
Moe_Tilden Offline
ForeverBotheringIranians
Moe_Tilden  Offline
ForeverBotheringIranians

Had Domino's Cheeseburger Pizza a while back and it was surprisingly good.

I invoke my right under the 5th amendment of the United States constitution and decline to answer the question.
Re: Pizza Hunter [Re: JRCX] #962374
01/25/19 01:54 PM
01/25/19 01:54 PM
The Villa Quatro
Irishman12 Offline
THE BOSS
Irishman12  Offline
THE BOSS

The Villa Quatro
Saw an advertisement yesterday that Little Caesars is bringing back their pretzel crust pizza later this month. They said it hasn't been available in 4 years, which I'm not sure if that's true or not because I could have sworn I've had it since 2015? But in any case, they're also going to be introducing a stuffed crust pretzel crust. I'll give the regular a shot and maybe even the stuffed crust but I detest their cheddar cheese sauce. I've asked them to just use the marinara instead. One Little Caesars by me says they can't, that they have to use the cheddar cheese sauce (like that make sense) but another one will do it (but I think they said they'd have to charge me more, which again, doesn't make sense). Prime reason I don't eat Little Caesars that much.

Moe, Domino's is running a special through tomorrow: Large 2-topping pizza for $5.99 if you're interested.

Re: Pizza Hunter [Re: Irishman12] #962404
01/25/19 09:03 PM
01/25/19 09:03 PM
Where ever needed.
DuesPaid Offline
Banned
DuesPaid  Offline
Banned

Where ever needed.
Originally Posted by Irishman12
For anyone who was curious, here's the super slice I got from Pizza Barn in Yonkers. Half buffalo chicken and half ham

LOOKS GOOD, HUGE.

Originally Posted by olivant
Are any Board members aware of this:

The World Pizza Championship is an event held annually to determine the world's best pizza makers. It began in 1991 and is organised by the magazine Pizza e Pasta Italiana and PizzaNew. Pizza competitions include those for fastest pizza maker, freestyle acrobatics and the largest dough stretch. Salsomaggiore Terme (Parma), Italy, is the site of the championships, although several other cities likewise claim to be the home of the ultimate international pizza games including Naples and Paris.

One of the main attractions to the championship is the presence of Miss Italia (Miss Italy), who crowns the winning pizzaiolos. It is the largest pizza show in the world with over 6,500 independent chain and franchise owners from all around the world attending. The winners are inducted into their Hall of Fame[1] and are sometimes invited back to judge the next World Pizza Championship. They also win a cash prize totaling about $10,000.

Cool

Originally Posted by Moe_Tilden
Had Domino's Cheeseburger Pizza a while back and it was surprisingly good.

The only time I ever eat Dominos is at a late night card game and its the only thing being laid out for a munch and I indulge whole heartily.

Saw an advertisement yesterday that Little Caesars is bringing back their pretzel crust pizza later this month. They said it hasn't been available in 4 years, which I'm not sure if that's true or not because I could have sworn I've had it since 2015? But in any case, they're also going to be introducing a stuffed crust pretzel crust. I'll give the regular a shot and maybe even the stuffed crust but I detest their cheddar cheese sauce. I've asked them to just use the marinara instead. One Little Caesars by me says they can't, that they have to use the cheddar cheese sauce (like that make sense) but another one will do it (but I think they said they'd have to charge me more, which again, doesn't make sense). Prime reason I don't eat Little Caesars that much.

Moe, Domino's is running a special through tomorrow: Large 2-topping pizza for $5.99 if you're interested.

Never had LC but would love to try it at a Late night card game.

Re: Pizza Hunter [Re: DuesPaid] #962429
01/26/19 10:16 AM
01/26/19 10:16 AM
The Villa Quatro
Irishman12 Offline
THE BOSS
Irishman12  Offline
THE BOSS

The Villa Quatro
Originally Posted by DuesPaid

Give it a try and see what you think. But again, personally, I prefer their marinara sauce to their cheddar cheese sauce. It's not anything spectacular but I do enjoy pretzels and it's cheap enough for a quick munch.

Re: Pizza Hunter [Re: Irishman12] #962445
01/26/19 12:36 PM
01/26/19 12:36 PM
n.e.philly
hoodlum Offline
Underboss
hoodlum  Offline
Underboss
n.e.philly

Give it a try and see what you think. But again, personally, I prefer their marinara sauce to their cheddar cheese sauce. It's not anything spectacular but I do enjoy pretzels and it's cheap enough for a quick munch.

Late nite card game?? Does ur wife know about these household draining financial activities or is it a mutual & perhaps conducted in ur caveman space or dining room table??Mmm..anyways...pizza always lives , just as cold cuts (remember that term?) did back in the day of our fathers & them b4 them..LOL.

I didn't want to leave blood on your carpet...
Re: Pizza Hunter [Re: JRCX] #964657
02/24/19 05:28 PM
02/24/19 05:28 PM
The Villa Quatro
Irishman12 Offline
THE BOSS
Irishman12  Offline
THE BOSS

The Villa Quatro
Had some Dominoes earlier today. Prior to a couple of years ago, I hadn't had Dominoes since I was a kid because I remember one time our school ordered pizza and it was catered by Dominoes. The pizza was so greasy and cardboard like the teachers actually called up and complained. Plus, being in New York, the world's best pizza, you don't order from Dominoes. Anyway, a couple of years ago a friend wanted to order some when we were getting together and since then, I've actually become a fan of it again. They have a good buttery crust and it's not greasy or cardboard like anymore. Anyways, I know they're trying to expand more now than just pizza as they offer chicken wings, chicken bites, pastas, sandwiches, salads, etc. They're running a promotion where each item is $5.99 if you order 2 or more. So I grabbed a Chicken Parm sandwich and an Italian Sausage marinara pasta (in addition to a medium 2-topping pizza). Again, each item for $5.99 so it came to a little under $20, which isn't too bad considering the amount of food you got. I had the Chicken Parm sandwich and about half of the pizza (with extra cheese and ham) for lunch. The sandwich wasn't bad but it was a little small and I don't think it was worth $6. For dinner I'm gonna try the pasta and may even finish the pizza.

Re: Pizza Hunter [Re: Irishman12] #964672
02/24/19 08:05 PM
02/24/19 08:05 PM
n.e.philly
hoodlum Offline
Underboss
hoodlum  Offline
Underboss
n.e.philly
Had some Dominoes earlier today. Prior to a couple of years ago, I hadn't had Dominoes since I was a kid because I remember one time our school ordered pizza and it was catered by Dominoes. The pizza was so greasy and cardboard like the teachers actually called up and complained. Plus, being in New York, the world's best pizza, you don't order from Dominoes. Anyway, a couple of years ago a friend wanted to order some when we were getting together and since then, I've actually become a fan of it again. They have a good buttery crust and it's not greasy or cardboard like anymore. Anyways, I know they're trying to expand more now than just pizza as they offer chicken wings, chicken bites, pastas, sandwiches, salads, etc. They're running a promotion where each item is $5.99 if you order 2 or more. So I grabbed a Chicken Parm sandwich and an Italian Sausage marinara pasta (in addition to a medium 2-topping pizza). Again, each item for $5.99 so it came to a little under $20, which isn't too bad considering the amount of food you got. I had the Chicken Parm sandwich and about half of the pizza (with extra cheese and ham) for lunch. The sandwich wasn't bad but it was a little small and I don't think it was worth $6. For dinner I'm gonna try the pasta and may even finish the pizza.

And on that note...I recently had a Little Ceasers pizza 5.00$ w/ pepp. ...u run in and grab it on the go or u can wait 4 the next 1 2 come out..I opted 2 wait..& all said & done , it was not 2 bad 4 5.00$..the crust was not 2 thick which I hate...I like a thin , crispy crust & toppings were generous..& I only waited a couple a minutes 4 a fresh pie...I'm a pizza snob..yes , even here in philly we have some good pies..but 4 a middle aged husband & wife who just got home from work & is tired...this is a good deal.

Re: Pizza Hunter [Re: hoodlum] #964673
02/24/19 08:12 PM
02/24/19 08:12 PM
The Villa Quatro
Irishman12 Offline
THE BOSS
Irishman12  Offline
THE BOSS

The Villa Quatro
Originally Posted by hoodlum

And on that note...I recently had a Little Ceasers pizza 5.00$ w/ pepp. ...u run in and grab it on the go or u can wait 4 the next 1 2 come out..I opted 2 wait..& all said & done , it was not 2 bad 4 5.00$..the crust was not 2 thick which I hate...I like a thin , crispy crust & toppings were generous..& I only waited a couple a minutes 4 a fresh pie...I'm a pizza snob..yes , even here in philly we have some good pies..but 4 a middle aged husband & wife who just got home from work & is tired...this is a good deal.

You should try their pretzel crust the next time.

I just had the leftover pasta from Dominoes for dinner and it was actually pretty darn good. Better than the sandwich. I would probably get that again.

Re: Pizza Hunter [Re: hoodlum] #964678
02/24/19 08:35 PM
02/24/19 08:35 PM
Where ever needed.
DuesPaid Offline
Banned
DuesPaid  Offline
Banned

Where ever needed.

Late nite card game?? Does ur wife know about these household draining financial activities or is it a mutual & perhaps conducted in ur caveman space or dining room table??Mmm..anyways...pizza always lives , just as cold cuts (remember that term?) did back in the day of our fathers & them b4 them..LOL.

Yes Sir Hood, Wife likes poker too BUT, if she plays with a certain group its just Nickle Dime poker.

She does not partake in the Men games I have or go to sometimes since its a higher limit game and can often be Texas Holem tourneys rather than Deallers choice poker.
Sometimes in my man cave , other times elsewhere.

You Sir are always Welcome.

Re: Pizza Hunter [Re: Irishman12] #964680
02/24/19 08:37 PM
02/24/19 08:37 PM
Where ever needed.
DuesPaid Offline
Banned
DuesPaid  Offline
Banned

Where ever needed.

I had no idea Doms even made sandwiches.

Ive been told Papa Johns is better than Doms but never had it.

Have you tried Papa’s?

Re: Pizza Hunter [Re: JRCX] #964682
02/24/19 08:48 PM
02/24/19 08:48 PM
The Villa Quatro
Irishman12 Offline
THE BOSS
Irishman12  Offline
THE BOSS

The Villa Quatro
DP, yes, I've had Papa Johns. Was never a huge fan. Whenever I would bite in to it, the cheese would pull away from the crust every time! Plus, I stopped buying from them years ago because the owner of the company refused to pay for his employees to have health care coverage. So anyone who was a full-time employee could no longer work more than 30 hours because he'd have to pay their insurance. This is the guy who created Pizza Hut, sold it for millions, made a boat load of money, lives in a castle, and refuses to pay his employees health care coverage. So yes, I've had it but I no longer patronize their establishment and it's been that way for a number of years now. And the commercials they're running now are funny because now it's this whole "we" thing now that the owner has been ousted due to his racist remarks during a company exercise/training.

Re: Pizza Hunter [Re: Irishman12] #964694
02/24/19 09:43 PM
02/24/19 09:43 PM
Where ever needed.
DuesPaid Offline
Banned
DuesPaid  Offline
Banned

Where ever needed.
DP, yes, I've had Papa Johns. Was never a huge fan. Whenever I would bite in to it, the cheese would pull away from the crust every time! Plus, I stopped buying from them years ago because the owner of the company refused to pay for his employees to have health care coverage. So anyone who was a full-time employee could no longer work more than 30 hours because he'd have to pay their insurance. This is the guy who created Pizza Hut, sold it for millions, made a boat load of money, lives in a castle, and refuses to pay his employees health care coverage. So yes, I've had it but I no longer patronize their establishment and it's been that way for a number of years now. And the commercials they're running now are funny because now it's this whole "we" thing now that the owner has been ousted due to his racist remarks during a company exercise/training.

Oh yes, That guy and his cronies are heartless bastards.... I recall and now glad I never had it and never will.

I like making Pizza at home, will post a pic the next time we make one.

Re: Pizza Hunter [Re: Irishman12] #964697
02/24/19 09:55 PM
02/24/19 09:55 PM
n.e.philly
hoodlum Offline
Underboss
hoodlum  Offline
Underboss
n.e.philly

They just closed a Papa Johns up here in the N.E. Phila. area..Hmmmm...racism??..its mixed here..but they never did much biz anyway being it was in a a lousy strip mall..

Re: Pizza Hunter [Re: hoodlum] #964743
02/25/19 02:41 PM
02/25/19 02:41 PM
The Villa Quatro
Irishman12 Offline
THE BOSS
Irishman12  Offline
THE BOSS

The Villa Quatro

They just closed a Papa Johns up here in the N.E. Phila. area..Hmmmm...racism??..its mixed here..but they never did much biz anyway being it was in a a lousy strip mall..

It's more popular down south in my opinion. DP, glad to see I've managed to steer you clear of there as well.

Re: Pizza Hunter [Re: JRCX] #965017
03/01/19 01:41 PM
03/01/19 01:41 PM
Texas
O
olivant Offline
olivant  Offline
O

Texas
I seldom buy or eat bought pizza. However, while helping a friend move years ago, I ate a piece of Little Ceasers pizza. That is not pizza. The makers of it should be arrested for fraud and attempted murder.

Re: Pizza Hunter [Re: olivant] #965019
03/01/19 02:09 PM
03/01/19 02:09 PM
New York
SC Offline
Consigliere
SC  Offline
Consigliere

New York
Originally Posted by olivant
while helping a friend move years ago, I ate a piece of Little Ceasers pizza. That is not pizza. The makers of it should be arrested for fraud and attempted murder.

lol lol

If you don't have access to REAL pizza (i.e. NYC or Chicago or New England) you don't know any better and think that those pizza chains like Dominos or Little Caesars are the real thing. It isn't but ignorance is bliss. ohwell

Re: Pizza Hunter [Re: JRCX] #965031
03/01/19 03:47 PM
03/01/19 03:47 PM
The Villa Quatro
Irishman12 Offline
THE BOSS
Irishman12  Offline
THE BOSS

The Villa Quatro
The chains (Papa John's, Little Caesar's, Domino's, Pizza Hut, Mr. Gatti's, Cici's, etc.) are all what I consider "fast food" pizza. Definitely not great quality, but as you said SC, if you're not in a major market, that's about all you're gonna get. They have some cheaper options than a Mom and Pop though if you're looking for a quick fix.

Page 15 of 16 1 2 13 14 15 16

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull