GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
2 registered members (2 invisible), 102 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,337
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,706
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,502
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,279
Posts1,057,735
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Re: In your opnion?? [Re: johnny ola] #444242
10/17/07 10:51 PM
10/17/07 10:51 PM
Texas
O
olivant Offline
olivant  Offline
O

Texas
 Originally Posted By: johnny ola
 Originally Posted By: Don Cardi
[quote=Don Cardi][quote=Sicilian Babe]

Sonny would have done it himself.

Never. No way. As hot headed as Sonny was, he would have never planned out and ordered the death of his own brother. He had a heart. Somewhere along the line Michael lost his.

I disagree. Remember how he went after Fredo at the surprise party when Fredo sided with Mike!

That was just sibling expression within the context of sibling relationships. Sonny would never have done it.

[quote=SC]

"Generosity. That was my first mistake."
"Experience must be our only guide; reason may mislead us."
"Instagram is Twitter for people who can't read."
Re: In your opnion?? [Re: Don Cardi] #444317
10/18/07 10:17 AM
10/18/07 10:17 AM
New Jersey
AppleOnYa Offline
AppleOnYa  Offline

New Jersey
 Originally Posted By: Don Cardi
...I'll never agree with the idea of a brother ordering the murder of his own brother, especially one that was as simple minded as Fredo...

And I'll never agree with the idea of a brother conspiring with a rival against his Don, who happens to be his own brother, knowing full well the deadly business they were in, admittedly for his own personal gain.

Simple minded as he may have been, Fredo wasn't a half-wit. He was responsible for his own actions. He would've known full well upon agreeing to work with Roth/Ola that...even WITHOUT the attempted hit...his life was worthless if Michael found out.

And it's true...anyone who refuses to understand this wouldn't make a very good Don. (But then, who among us would...???)

Oh, and by the way...in that fishing boat, at the end...Fredo didn't know what was coming.

Apple

A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned - this is the sum of good government.

- THOMAS JEFFERSON

Re: In your opnion?? [Re: olivant] #444321
10/18/07 10:22 AM
10/18/07 10:22 AM
New Jersey
AppleOnYa Offline
AppleOnYa  Offline

New Jersey
 Originally Posted By: olivant
... As hot headed as Sonny was, he would have never planned out and ordered the death of his own brother. He had a heart. Somewhere along the line Michael lost his...

Not that it would've happened the same way, but had Fredo done to Sonny what he eventually did to Michael...Sonny would've beat the crap out of Fredo and THEN ordered his death, even if he didn't pull the trigger himself. And he probably would NOT have had the patience to wait until their mother was no longer alive.

Cold & calculating has he had become, Michael had a reasonable amount of heart...even after Fredo broke it.

Apple

Last edited by AppleOnYa; 10/18/07 10:23 AM.

A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned - this is the sum of good government.

- THOMAS JEFFERSON

Re: In your opnion?? [Re: Sicilian Babe] #444326
10/18/07 10:34 AM
10/18/07 10:34 AM
New Jersey
AppleOnYa Offline
AppleOnYa  Offline

New Jersey
 Originally Posted By: Sicilian Babe
... Vito never would have done anything to cause his brother to resent him. He would have known better how to manage him, to make him feel loved and included, part of the Family and the family.

Actually, by naming Michael his successor over Fredo while still alive, which of course was the right thing to do (That's the way pop wanted it...), Vito DID initiate and plant the seed of Fredo's resentment toward Michael. The least of Vito's concerns would've been that Fredo should one day be Don.

All he probably would've asked was that Fredo be 'taken care of', included in as much as he could possibly handle. Which was exactly what Michael did. Whether it was meeting people at the airport or running some Mickey Mouse joint, Fredo was given work to do within the Family and most likely on a payroll & provided very well for by his brother. Someone as 'simple' as this should've been very grateful and happy with what he had.

After Vito's death, Michael had a powerful Mafia Family to run. Not being the same man as his father, he did all he could in terms of handling Fredo. The idea of 'spending more time with his brother' throughout all this is frankly, absurd. Nothing Michael did warranted the resentment and selfish betrayal to the extent Fredo acted.

No matter how you slice it...Fredo deserved what he got. You can certainly feel sorry for him as a stupid human being who got
taken advantage of and was in WAY over his head...but after all is said & done he had to go.

Apple

Last edited by AppleOnYa; 10/18/07 10:42 AM.

- THOMAS JEFFERSON

Re: In your opnion?? [Re: AppleOnYa] #444394
10/18/07 12:44 PM
10/18/07 12:44 PM
With Geary in Fredo's Brothel
dontomasso Offline
Consigliere to the Stars
dontomasso  Offline
Consigliere to the Stars

With Geary in Fredo's Brothel
 Originally Posted By: AppleOnYa

Oh, and by the way...in that fishing boat, at the end...Fredo didn't know what was coming.

Apple

No he didn't he thought he'd say "Amen" and catch a big fish.

"Io sono stanco, sono imbigliato, and I wan't everyone here to know, there ain't gonna be no trouble from me..Don Corleone..Cicc' a port!"

"I stood in the courtroom like a fool."

"I am Constanza: Lord of the idiots."

Re: In your opnion?? [Re: AppleOnYa] #444417
10/18/07 01:49 PM
10/18/07 01:49 PM
Texas
O
olivant Offline
olivant  Offline
O

Texas
 Originally Posted By: AppleOnYa
 Originally Posted By: Sicilian Babe
... Vito never would have done anything to cause his brother to resent him. He would have known better how to manage him, to make him feel loved and included, part of the Family and the family.

Actually, by naming Michael his successor over Fredo while still alive, which of course was the right thing to do (That's the way pop wanted it...), Vito DID initiate and plant the seed of Fredo's resentment toward Michael. The least of Vito's concerns would've been that Fredo should one day be Don.

All he probably would've asked was that Fredo be 'taken care of', included in as much as he could possibly handle. Which was exactly what Michael did. Whether it was meeting people at the airport or running some Mickey Mouse joint, Fredo was given work to do within the Family and most likely on a payroll & provided very well for by his brother. Someone as 'simple' as this should've been very grateful and happy with what he had.

After Vito's death, Michael had a powerful Mafia Family to run. Not being the same man as his father, he did all he could in terms of handling Fredo. The idea of 'spending more time with his brother' throughout all this is frankly, absurd. Nothing Michael did warranted the resentment and selfish betrayal to the extent Fredo acted.

No matter how you slice it...Fredo deserved what he got. You can certainly feel sorry for him as a stupid human being who got
taken advantage of and was in WAY over his head...but after all is said & done he had to go.

Apple

God! Did any of your siblings live after you were born?

"Generosity. That was my first mistake."
"Experience must be our only guide; reason may mislead us."
"Instagram is Twitter for people who can't read."
Re: In your opnion?? [Re: olivant] #444565
10/18/07 09:42 PM
10/18/07 09:42 PM
No. Virginia
mustachepete Offline
Special
mustachepete  Offline
Special
Underboss
No. Virginia
Keep in mind, Vito included Fredo in the meeting with Solozzo, and it wasn't Fredo who blew the meeting.

"All of these men were good listeners; patient men."
Re: In your opnion?? [Re: mustachepete] #444569
10/18/07 09:52 PM
10/18/07 09:52 PM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
 Originally Posted By: mustachepete
Keep in mind, Vito included Fredo in the meeting with Solozzo, and it wasn't Fredo who blew the meeting.

You're point being?

Don Cardi cool

Five - ten years from now, they're gonna wish there was American Cosa Nostra. Five - ten years from now, they're gonna miss John Gotti.

Re: In your opnion?? [Re: mustachepete] #444616
10/19/07 03:17 AM
10/19/07 03:17 AM
EnzoBaker Offline
Capo
EnzoBaker  Offline
Capo
 Originally Posted By: mustachepete

Well, that was what, 13-14 years before the events of GF II?

A lot more water had gone under the bridge since then.

Obviously Vito thought Fredo was at least minimally competent at the time of the Solozzo meeting, competent enough to let him serve as "bodyguard" (even if only briefly) during the absence of Paulie, thus entrusting his life to him (and almost getting killed as a result).

When Vito is lying on the curb, critically wounded, what does Fredo do? Sit down on the curb and collapse into tears.

From that moment on, Vito knew Fredo could never be trusted to handle anything really significant.

What finally tore it for Michael was Fredo's outburst in the boathouse ("I was passed over," etc etc), but worse than that, he also feeds Michael a line of BS about the Senate committee and Questadt (which Michael KNOWS is BS), at that point Michael decides Fredo is still trying to snow him, and he has to go.

Maybe, if Fredo had come to Michael completely contrite, apologized for what he did wrong, and NOT fed him bullcrap information, Michael might have decided Fredo could be allowed to live, as long as he was stashed somewhere he couldn't cause trouble.

But even after Fredo knows Michael has found him out, he knows all about the deal with Ola and Roth, he still tries to snow him, he isn't going to change his tune. Fredo signed his own death warrant with his "I was passed over!!" temper tantrum.

"You did good."
Re: In your opnion?? [Re: EnzoBaker] #444617
10/19/07 03:24 AM
10/19/07 03:24 AM
AZ
Turnbull Offline
Turnbull  Offline

AZ
 Originally Posted By: EnzoBaker
What finally tore it for Michael was Fredo's outburst in the boathouse ("I was passed over," etc etc), but worse than that, he also feeds Michael a line of BS about the Senate committee and Questadt (which Michael KNOWS is BS), at that point Michael decides Fredo is still trying to snow him, and he has to go.

Fredo said, "The got Pentangeli," and "That Senate lawyer, Questadt, belongs to Roth." What was BS about that?

Ntra la porta tua lu sangu � sparsu,
E nun me mporta si ce muoru accisu...
E s'iddu muoru e vaju mparadisu
Si nun ce truovo a ttia, mancu ce trasu.
Re: In your opnion?? [Re: Turnbull] #444634
10/19/07 06:25 AM
10/19/07 06:25 AM
UK, Little old Rotherham near ...
Zaf-the-don Offline OP
Capo di tutti i capi
Zaf-the-don  Offline OP
Capo di tutti i capi
Underboss
UK, Little old Rotherham near ...
Ultimately fredo was dumb and got manipulated easily by Roth and Ola. You can blame Mike and Vito for not treating Fredo right (which i have done in the past) but now come to think of it its Fredo that messed up big time.

Even if fredo was planning against Mike he was realy sloppy. The boathouse meeting showed that Fredos motivation was all emotion and no reason.

Fredo was trully a dumbwitted boy who was in the wrong family.

Re: In your opnion?? [Re: Zaf-the-don] #449026
11/09/07 01:29 AM
11/09/07 01:29 AM
New York
TahoeShooter Offline
Button
TahoeShooter  Offline
Button
New York
 Originally Posted By: Zaf-the-don
What did you think when Fredo got whacked?

Did you feel sorry for him or did he deserve it??

I thought that twice he didnt know it was gonna be a hit

Although I think he really knew one of the two times. ;\)

Re: In your opnion?? [Re: Turnbull] #475801
02/25/08 12:50 AM
02/25/08 12:50 AM
EnzoBaker Offline
Capo
EnzoBaker  Offline
Capo
 Originally Posted By: Turnbull
 Originally Posted By: EnzoBaker

Fredo said, "The got Pentangeli," and "That Senate lawyer, Questadt, belongs to Roth." What was BS about that?

Nothing's BS about it, but it's more or less common knowledge, and Michael wants Fredo to tell him something he doesn't already know.

"You did good."
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull