GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 116 guests, and 2 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,095
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,284
Hollander 23,355
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,487
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,216
Posts1,056,190
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 58 of 80 1 2 56 57 58 59 60 79 80
Re: Mafia Books [Re: SinatraClub] #869260
12/10/15 03:11 AM
12/10/15 03:11 AM
Baltimore
HandsomeStevie Offline
Underboss
HandsomeStevie  Offline
Underboss
Baltimore
Originally Posted By: SinatraClub
Just started reading Blood Oath, by George Fresolone. I don't know if they updated the book for later copies or whatever. But I have an original that was sent to me in the mail, and there's some blatant inaccuracies in it early on. Two examples are this, it clearly states Nicky Scarfo had Salvatore "Chuckie" Merlino killed. That isn't true. It also says Charles "Lucky" Luciano went on to meet a violent death before Frank Costello took over control of the family, followed by Genovese. That isn't true either.

Damn I just ordered a used copy of Blood Oath off Amazon and I am really looking forward to reading it so when I get it ill let you know if my copy says anything crazy like that. I hope it dont though... How is it otherwise?

Death Before Dishonor
Re: Mafia Books [Re: SinatraClub] #869282
12/10/15 09:47 AM
12/10/15 09:47 AM
Snakes Offline
Underboss
Snakes  Offline
Underboss
Just started reading Blood Oath, by George Fresolone. I don't know if they updated the book for later copies or whatever. But I have an original that was sent to me in the mail, and there's some blatant inaccuracies in it early on. Two examples are this, it clearly states Nicky Scarfo had Salvatore "Chuckie" Merlino killed. That isn't true. It also says Charles "Lucky" Luciano went on to meet a violent death before Frank Costello took over control of the family, followed by Genovese. That isn't true either.

How do you mess this up? Someone who has been studying the mob for two days would know this statement is wrong.

"Snakes... Snakes... I don't know no Snakes."
Re: Mafia Books [Re: HandsomeStevie] #869338
12/10/15 08:33 PM
12/10/15 08:33 PM
S
SinatraClub Offline
Underboss
SinatraClub  Offline
S
Underboss
Originally Posted By: HandsomeStevie

Damn I just ordered a used copy of Blood Oath off Amazon and I am really looking forward to reading it so when I get it ill let you know if my copy says anything crazy like that. I hope it dont though... How is it otherwise?

People say it's underrated. Reading it so far, it's a good read, but there's some things that are complete contradictions of things we know to supposedly be true today. Like, he says when Testa took over he moved to eliminate all the guys who were close to Bruno, as he felt they could be a powerful "pro-Bruno" camp, he says Frank Sindone was a part of this came he was killed because of his closeness to Bruno and the fact that he was looked at as Bruno's logical successor, instead of himself. Yet, we now commonly hear that Sindone was a part of the murder plot on Bruno. Fresolone says that theory is backward. Says Johnny Keys Simone was done in for the same reason. He claims Testa extended this to other guys who were considered "pro-Bruno" and powerful enough to matter, he says Pete Casella was a part of this camp, and that Pete Casella killed Testa first, because he feared Testa would kill him. Nothing is said of the whole Chickie Narducci offering him a million dollars to retire and name him boss after Testa was whacked, as being the primary reason behind Testa's murder. Claims Casella & his brother Tony were the masterminds behind that murder, not Narducci. Along with Casella fearing Testa would have him hit, he claims Casella felt that he should've been boss, and felt he was the better choice over Testa, because he had done 20 years in a stand up fashion. That means he was a guy who actually wanted to be boss, which means he wouldn't have went for the whole "I'll pay you to make me boss" thing. He says after Testa's death, that it really looked as if Harry The Hunchback would've been made boss, he claims he began to lobby the captains around him, and that had it been up to Philly, he probably would've been made boss. He says Chickie Narducci was killed for this reason, because Nicky Scarfo felt Narducci was going to align himself with Riccobene. He also claims that a lot of guys weren't happy with the fact that NY had so much say with who should be boss, and that a lot of guys felt that as their own family, the decision should be left up to them.

I'm only in the third chapter, but those are a few of the interesting things that I've come across so far.

Re: Mafia Books [Re: SinatraClub] #869359
12/11/15 12:49 AM
12/11/15 12:49 AM
Baltimore
HandsomeStevie Offline
Underboss
HandsomeStevie  Offline
Underboss
Baltimore

People say it's underrated. Reading it so far, it's a good read, but there's some things that are complete contradictions of things we know to supposedly be true today. Like, he says when Testa took over he moved to eliminate all the guys who were close to Bruno, as he felt they could be a powerful "pro-Bruno" camp, he says Frank Sindone was a part of this came he was killed because of his closeness to Bruno and the fact that he was looked at as Bruno's logical successor, instead of himself. Yet, we now commonly hear that Sindone was a part of the murder plot on Bruno. Fresolone says that theory is backward. Says Johnny Keys Simone was done in for the same reason. He claims Testa extended this to other guys who were considered "pro-Bruno" and powerful enough to matter, he says Pete Casella was a part of this camp, and that Pete Casella killed Testa first, because he feared Testa would kill him. Nothing is said of the whole Chickie Narducci offering him a million dollars to retire and name him boss after Testa was whacked, as being the primary reason behind Testa's murder. Claims Casella & his brother Tony were the masterminds behind that murder, not Narducci. Along with Casella fearing Testa would have him hit, he claims Casella felt that he should've been boss, and felt he was the better choice over Testa, because he had done 20 years in a stand up fashion. That means he was a guy who actually wanted to be boss, which means he wouldn't have went for the whole "I'll pay you to make me boss" thing. He says after Testa's death, that it really looked as if Harry The Hunchback would've been made boss, he claims he began to lobby the captains around him, and that had it been up to Philly, he probably would've been made boss. He says Chickie Narducci was killed for this reason, because Nicky Scarfo felt Narducci was going to align himself with Riccobene. He also claims that a lot of guys weren't happy with the fact that NY had so much say with who should be boss, and that a lot of guys felt that as their own family, the decision should be left up to them.

I'm only in the third chapter, but those are a few of the interesting things that I've come across so far.

Sounds good! Cant wait til my copy gets here. I tracked it and it said the 14th-30th but I ordered it on the 6th and its not coming from very far away..

Death Before Dishonor
Re: Mafia Books [Re: HandsomeStevie] #869379
12/11/15 10:02 AM
12/11/15 10:02 AM
S
SinatraClub Offline
Underboss
SinatraClub  Offline
S
Underboss

Sounds good! Cant wait til my copy gets here. I tracked it and it said the 14th-30th but I ordered it on the 6th and its not coming from very far away..

Said mines wouldn't arrive until the 14th, but I got it on the 7th.

Re: Mafia Books [Re: SinatraClub] #869672
12/15/15 04:41 AM
12/15/15 04:41 AM
Baltimore
HandsomeStevie Offline
Underboss
HandsomeStevie  Offline
Underboss
Baltimore

I got Blood Oath last night Saturday night when I came home from work it was in the mail box. so it took exactly a week, but my other two books still havent arrived yet. Only read a few pages but already I did come across it saying Chuckie Merlino was killed by Scarfo..

Death Before Dishonor
Re: Mafia Books [Re: Turi Giuliano] #869722
12/15/15 10:48 PM
12/15/15 10:48 PM
S
SinatraClub Offline
Underboss
SinatraClub  Offline
S
Underboss
Fresolone's description of Nicky Jr: "He was spot-spoken and unusually polite, but at the same time he was ambitious and --as I would learn later-- he had a real mean streak in him just like his father."

Once again, another account of Nicky Scarfo Jr that contradicts the image that some like to put off as a meek, little pushover whom only was a wiseguy because his father told him to be. If Fresolone's account is anything to go by, sounds like Nicky Jr was a wiseguys wiseguy.

Re: Mafia Books [Re: Turi Giuliano] #869795
12/16/15 03:30 PM
12/16/15 03:30 PM
Moe_Tilden Offline
ForeverBotheringIranians
Moe_Tilden  Offline
ForeverBotheringIranians

I finally got Five Families. Three chapters in and pretty impressed so far.

Anyone ever read Closing Argument: Defending (and Befriending) John Gotti, and Other Legal Battles I Have Waged by Rene Saporta and Bruce Cutler or Mob Lawyer by Frank Ragano and Selwyn Raab?

I invoke my right under the 5th amendment of the United States constitution and decline to answer the question.
Re: Mafia Books [Re: Turi Giuliano] #870311
12/22/15 01:57 PM
12/22/15 01:57 PM
S
SinatraClub Offline
Underboss
SinatraClub  Offline
S
Underboss
I like Blood Oath. But I just can't get over that inacccuracy of the claim that Nicky Scarfo had Chuckie Merlino whacked. Fresolone says it more than once too, throughout the book. In the chapter "Wired" pg. 184, he's discussing Nicky Jr being shot, and this is what he says "I felt it was much more likely the shooter was either Joey Merlino or someone hired by him. Nicky Sr. had had Joey's father Chuckie whacked, and Joey still took it very hard."...How, how can someone who was supposedly super close to Patty Specs & Anthony Piccolo make that mistake?

Overall, the book is a good read, but that's just one of the things that really just slightly sit in the back of my mind that makes me wonder what Fresolone actually knew.

Re: Mafia Books [Re: SinatraClub] #870378
12/23/15 01:17 AM
12/23/15 01:17 AM
n.e.philly
hoodlum Offline
Underboss
hoodlum  Offline
Underboss
n.e.philly
I like Blood Oath. But I just can't get over that inacccuracy of the claim that Nicky Scarfo had Chuckie Merlino whacked. Fresolone says it more than once too, throughout the book. In the chapter "Wired" pg. 184, he's discussing Nicky Jr being shot, and this is what he says "I felt it was much more likely the shooter was either Joey Merlino or someone hired by him. Nicky Sr. had had Joey's father Chuckie whacked, and Joey still took it very hard."...How, how can someone who was supposedly super close to Patty Specs & Anthony Piccolo make that mistake?

Overall, the book is a good read, but that's just one of the things that really just slightly sit in the back of my mind that makes me wonder what Fresolone actually knew.
Maybe what fresolone meant the whole time in his mind was that scarfo "took down" chuckie, & it is known that joey took that very hard??

I didn't want to leave blood on your carpet...
Re: Mafia Books [Re: Turi Giuliano] #870437
12/23/15 05:25 PM
12/23/15 05:25 PM
G
gangstereport Offline
Underboss
gangstereport  Offline
G
Underboss
joey is lucky to be alive from what i read he was shitting himself (anyone would shit themselves this is nicky scarfo) the crow and charlie white had to tell him to stop coming around he was hiding joey before scarfo got busted. Marty took a beating from scarfo junior and scadfi because he was associating with joey merlino

Not connected with scott or anyone at gangsterreport

Sorry for the confusion
Re: Mafia Books [Re: hoodlum] #870496
12/24/15 03:40 AM
12/24/15 03:40 AM
S
SinatraClub Offline
Underboss
SinatraClub  Offline
S
Underboss
Originally Posted By: hoodlum

Maybe what fresolone meant the whole time in his mind was that scarfo "took down" chuckie, & it is known that joey took that very hard??

I thought about that, but it's blatantly written more than once that Scarfo had Merlino killed. Fresolone also specifically said Scarfo had Joey's father whacked. I don't know how he could've meant "took down" considering that.

Re: Mafia Books [Re: SinatraClub] #870555
12/24/15 07:50 PM
12/24/15 07:50 PM
n.e.philly
hoodlum Offline
Underboss
hoodlum  Offline
Underboss
n.e.philly

I thought about that, but it's blatantly written more than once that Scarfo had Merlino killed. Fresolone also specifically said Scarfo had Joey's father whacked. I don't know how he could've meant "took down" considering that.
Fresolone was all fuckin' mixed up obviously in his head.. & a fuckin' rat 2 boot.

Re: Mafia Books [Re: hoodlum] #870557
12/24/15 07:53 PM
12/24/15 07:53 PM
n.e.philly
hoodlum Offline
Underboss
hoodlum  Offline
Underboss
n.e.philly

Fresolone was all fuckin' mixed up obviously in his head.. & a fuckin' rat 2 boot.
Past news also said b4 he croaked, he was cleaning celebrities mansions,(Cher, for instance)..

Re: Mafia Books [Re: Turi Giuliano] #870650
12/26/15 05:19 PM
12/26/15 05:19 PM
A
Andreoli Offline
Associate
Andreoli  Offline
A
Associate
I've been thinking about buying two mob books: "Five Families" and "Way Of The Wiseguy". I heard a lot about them. I wanna know what I'm buying, though. That's why I'm posting. Are these sources correct? You know, book covers and all that: http://www.amazon.com/Five-Families-Resurgence-Americas-Powerful/dp/0312361815 and http://www.amazon.com/Way-Wiseguy-Joe-Pistone/dp/0762423846. I just want to make sure before buying. I'm not from America so I'd need a hand.

Thank you.

Last edited by Andreoli; 12/26/15 05:24 PM.
Re: Mafia Books [Re: Andreoli] #870652
12/26/15 05:54 PM
12/26/15 05:54 PM
AZ
Turnbull Offline
Turnbull  Offline

AZ
Yes, both books are the real deal. "The Five Families" is a definitive, authoritative book on the NY Mafia families--a must-read. "Way of the Wiseguy" is a quick, pleasant, not very profound read.

Ntra la porta tua lu sangu � sparsu,
E nun me mporta si ce muoru accisu...
E s'iddu muoru e vaju mparadisu
Si nun ce truovo a ttia, mancu ce trasu.
Re: Mafia Books [Re: Turi Giuliano] #870863
12/28/15 11:01 PM
12/28/15 11:01 PM
>>>OVA THERE
njcapo35 Offline
BANNED
njcapo35  Offline
BANNED
Underboss
>>>OVA THERE
Has anyone read this book?

http://colombobook.com/ ...If so, is it worth the buy?

"Jersey...It's where my story begins."
Re: Mafia Books [Re: Turnbull] #871016
12/30/15 12:06 AM
12/30/15 12:06 AM
n.e.philly
hoodlum Offline
Underboss
hoodlum  Offline
Underboss
n.e.philly
Originally Posted By: Turnbull
Yes, both books are the real deal. "The Five Families" is a definitive, authoritative book on the NY Mafia families--a must-read. "Way of the Wiseguy" is a quick, pleasant, not very profound read.
Five families is the most definitive of all mob books ever in my op.S.Rabb cant be beat in any forum i.m.opinion..Top shelf .!

Re: Mafia Books [Re: hoodlum] #871017
12/30/15 12:11 AM
12/30/15 12:11 AM
n.e.philly
hoodlum Offline
Underboss
hoodlum  Offline
Underboss
n.e.philly
Originally Posted By: Turnbull
Five families is the most definitive of all mob books ever in my op.S.Rabb cant be beat in any forum i.m.opinion..Top shelf .!
Although,George Anastasia's "Blood & Honor" I have read about a 136 times in the past 20 some odd yrs.

Re: Mafia Books [Re: Turi Giuliano] #871257
01/01/16 02:01 PM
01/01/16 02:01 PM
S
SinatraClub Offline
Underboss
SinatraClub  Offline
S
Underboss
Whats the name of Nicola Gentiles book?

Re: Mafia Books [Re: SinatraClub] #871272
01/01/16 03:49 PM
01/01/16 03:49 PM
BillyBrizzi Offline
Underboss
BillyBrizzi  Offline
Underboss
Whats the name of Nicola Gentiles book?

Vita di Capomafia

FORTIS FORTUNA IUVAT
Re: Mafia Books [Re: Turi Giuliano] #871294
01/01/16 07:48 PM
01/01/16 07:48 PM
M
MobMan Offline
Made Member
MobMan  Offline
M
Made Member
Linda Scarpa's book is out, and it's a very good read .

Re: Mafia Books [Re: MobMan] #871315
01/01/16 11:31 PM
01/01/16 11:31 PM
>>>OVA THERE
njcapo35 Offline
BANNED
njcapo35  Offline
BANNED
Underboss
>>>OVA THERE
Originally Posted By: MobMan

Is there any new info on Scarpa?..or is it more about Linda?

Re: Mafia Books [Re: njcapo35] #871324
01/02/16 02:47 AM
01/02/16 02:47 AM
M
MobMan Offline
Made Member
MobMan  Offline
M
Made Member
Originally Posted By: njcapo35
Originally Posted By: MobMan

Is there any new info on Scarpa?..or is it more about Linda?

It's more about Linda, but it talks about her family too .

Re: Mafia Books [Re: Turi Giuliano] #871408
01/02/16 11:14 PM
01/02/16 11:14 PM
>>>OVA THERE
njcapo35 Offline
BANNED
njcapo35  Offline
BANNED
Underboss
>>>OVA THERE

Thanks for the response, MobMan...I might have to give that one a whirl.

Re: Mafia Books [Re: Turi Giuliano] #873100
01/20/16 07:17 PM
01/20/16 07:17 PM
P
pmac Offline
pmac  Offline
P

New Greg scarpa book by his daughter is dumb. The books 300 pages and she mentions her uncle whose Greg's brother a made guy once or twice her own brother Greg Jr comes up twice. Just a boring book hey you don't want to talk about all your fathers victims whose families still live around you on Staten island don't write it. The whole book she dodges answering shit or telling what she knows is the truth. Just a bad book it is well written thou. One little facts she tells and its the most interesting part of the book is carmine sessa knew he was dying and still treated him well and when orena wanted sessa dead scarpa wasn't gonna let anything happen and had sessa back more then anyone else.

Re: Mafia Books [Re: Turi Giuliano] #873300
01/22/16 05:51 PM
01/22/16 05:51 PM
B
BostonGodfather781 Offline
Wiseguy
BostonGodfather781  Offline
B
Wiseguy
Some of my favorites that I just finished

"The underboss" by Gerard Oneil and Dick Lehr

" Killing Pablo" by Mark Bowden

"Smoke" by Meli Cadi

"American Desperado" by John Roberts and Evan Wright

"Zero zero zero" by Robert Saviano

And I even picked up "The Lufthansa heist" by Hill and Simone

My fav was American desperado .. needs to be a Hollywood film

Re: Mafia Books [Re: Turi Giuliano] #873474
01/23/16 05:40 PM
01/23/16 05:40 PM
B
bigboy Offline
Underboss
bigboy  Offline
B
Underboss
I just downloaded Five Families on my Kindle and so far I think it will be a good book. I have heard it mentioned for so many years and for some reason never picked it up. Looking forward to the rest of it.

Re: Mafia Books [Re: Turi Giuliano] #874373
02/01/16 05:32 PM
02/01/16 05:32 PM
B
BostonGodfather781 Offline
Wiseguy
BostonGodfather781  Offline
B
Wiseguy
Picked up " White Devil " by Bob Halloran

Re: Mafia Books [Re: BostonGodfather781] #874380
02/01/16 06:55 PM
02/01/16 06:55 PM
Where ever needed.
DuesPaid Offline
Banned
DuesPaid  Offline
Banned

Where ever needed.
Originally Posted By: BostonGodfather781
Picked up " White Devil " by Bob Halloran

I just read the description and ordered it to my kindle, sounds good.

Never really interested in Asian organized crime but the story sounds very interesting with him being he only white to be not only a member but becomming the highest ranking authority.

Thanks BG

Be Loyal, Be Loving, Be Quiet.
Page 58 of 80 1 2 56 57 58 59 60 79 80

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull