Home

GFIV Casting Ideas???

Posted By: Riggs

GFIV Casting Ideas??? - 10/15/08 04:26 AM

Hey guys, I'm new here, a friend (Santino Brasi) introduced me here, and yelled at me to post something and said he'd hit me with a rubber mallet if I didn't...SO...

I was thinking about this the other day, if there is a fourth Godfather, is there even enough good actors to fill the roles?

I came up with a few names for certain people....

Milo Ventimiglia as Micheal Corleone- I personally think Milo would make a great Michael. He's got the Michael Corleone look, and I can easily picture him playing the role.

Luca Brasi- I saw that another member (who's name is slipping my mind) mentioned an awesome actor to fill this role. The main villian from No Country For Old Men.(Who's name is ALSO slipping my mind.) Not only is this guy an amazing actor that can basically play any role, he has that psychopathic look.

Kay Adams- I didn't really think that hard or long about this one....but I was thinking Katie Holmes (is that even spelled right???) could possibly fill the role?

And finally we come to the hardest of them all...Don Vito Corleone.

I thought long and hard about it, and I came to a conclusion...who better to play the Godfather than either Robert De Niro or Al Pacino?

So that's all I can really come up with, guys like Hagen have left me stumped. So post your ideas here! Please...don't kill newbie.
Posted By: Mignon

Re: GFIV Casting Ideas??? - 10/15/08 05:25 AM

Welcome to the BB Family Riggs.
Posted By: dontomasso

Re: GFIV Casting Ideas??? - 11/17/08 06:32 PM

William Shatner as Clemenza's grandson
Posted By: MichaelCorleone1234

Re: GFIV Casting Ideas??? - 01/05/09 07:10 PM

If they were to do the two seperate storylines then something like this

Modern Day
Vincent Corleone - Andy Garcia
Michael Corleone - Al Pacino (Perfect age to play a retired don who gives advice)
Kay Adams - Diane Keaton
Connie Corleone - Talia Shire

Anthony could have a larger role and could be played by a number of characters depending on what role he has. Another would be another of Tom Hagen's as Consolieri.

Past

Here Sonny, Tom Hagen and Vito Corleone would have the key roles. Fredo could also play a slightly larger role in the film and I think that it is here where Milo Ventmiiglia should be used.

Santino Corleone - Leonardo DiCaprio
Tom Hagen - Christian Bale
Vito Corleone - Robert De Niro (Similar to Pacino in modern one)

I would have either no Michael Corleone or very little of him in the past one as it'd be hard to centre it on Sonny and still have Michael so this one could be set when Michael was in the army. To keep it linked though you could have Vito and Tom talking about how disappointed they are etc.

De Niro and especially Pacino would have more minor roles in the films.
Posted By: DeathByClotheshanger

Re: GFIV Casting Ideas??? - 02/16/09 05:31 PM

Not sure who would play who, but if they ever needed a young Vincent or Michael, they should consider this guy...

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1711052/
Posted By: Imamobguy

Re: GFIV Casting Ideas??? - 08/17/12 09:48 PM

Originally Posted By: DeathByClotheshanger
Not sure who would play who, but if they ever needed a young Vincent or Michael, they should consider this guy...

Look's like Jesus..
Posted By: Camarel

Re: GFIV Casting Ideas??? - 08/17/12 10:03 PM

Originally Posted By: Imamobguy

Look's like Jesus..

What does Jesus look like? confused
Posted By: Sonny_Black

Re: GFIV Casting Ideas??? - 11/09/12 10:39 PM

Striking resemblance to Al Pacino. Good one.

Re: GFIV Casting Ideas??? - 11/20/12 05:38 PM

How about nobody. How about no GF IV!!!
Posted By: spmob

Re: GFIV Casting Ideas??? - 01/23/13 08:58 PM

yea why would someone want to do a GFIV. Rocky was one of the best movies ever until Stallone couldn't find a job besides Rambo so he kept making more Rockys and now its a shitty Franchise. They should subtract GFIII before adding GFIV lol
Posted By: RichieAnimal

Re: GFIV Casting Ideas??? - 01/23/13 11:48 PM

A rubber mallet?
Posted By: RichieAnimal

Re: GFIV Casting Ideas??? - 01/24/13 03:46 AM

I liked rocky 3 with mr.T
Posted By: jace

Re: GFIV Casting Ideas??? - 01/25/13 07:48 AM

Originally Posted By: dontomasso
How about nobody. How about no GF IV!!!

I think so too. It might be commercial success, but only to a point. It would be compared to previous ones and not be able to stand up to them, even Godfather 3.
Posted By: LL

Re: GFIV Casting Ideas??? - 02/15/13 01:02 AM

Good choices. I love the idea of Javier Bardem in almost any role in part 4.(even if he is Spanish not Italian)
I also like Joaquin Phoenix and I think Al Pacino would have to play the Don. Michelle Williams is a fabulous actress (My week with Marilyn, Blue Valentine) She would be a great addition. She doesn't look very Italian but neither did Diane Keaton! Oh also how about Casey Affleck? He is really good at playing bad guys ("The assassination of Jesse James", "The killer inside me"-super creepy movie by the way)

Re: GFIV Casting Ideas??? - 02/15/13 01:04 AM

wow

Re: GFIV Casting Ideas??? - 02/15/13 01:05 AM

I didn't think of Christian Bale, he would be great in it.
Posted By: Mastronardo

Re: GFIV Casting Ideas??? - 03/31/13 01:49 PM

I like the idea of Rhys Coiro playing a young Michael Corleone.
Posted By: The_Little_Man

Re: GFIV Casting Ideas??? - 07/04/13 03:01 PM

Hi, long time lurker, first time poster. Interesting casting ideas, all around, but I've got a few of my own...

If the producers decided to make a GF IV film with a similar story structure to that of Part II, they would have to go with (mainly) lesser known actors as the younger versions of the original characters in the flashback sequences. Here, then, are my ideas:

SONNY CORLEONE: Aaron Johnson, the kid from "Kick-Ass". Yeah, I know he was a real nerd in that, but Google him, he looks an AWFUL lot like a young James Caan, right down to the same smirk and curly hair.

LUCA BRASI: Bobby Canavale, most recently seen in the current season of Boardwalk Empire. This guy IS a young Luca Brasi!

TOM HAGEN: Aaron Staton, from MadMen. Same cold eyes as Hagen, a close ringer for a young Robert DuVall, could easily pull it off.

DON VITO CORLEONE: This was a tough one, all around. I would've liked to have gone with Robert de Niro, but let's face it, he's too old now (and I hate the idea of applying CGI or make-up to "youthen" him). Physically, the best choice for this would be Billy Zane, who currently looks like a transition between young de Niro Vito and old Brando Vito -- I'm just not certain he's got the acting chops to pull this role off anymore, though he has given a few good performances in his time (and Brando was considered a risk when they filmed the first Godfather, so it might not be THAT much of a stretch...)

Anyway, those are just my thoughts.

Re: GFIV Casting Ideas??? - 07/08/13 06:28 PM

Poeple, I am BEGGING you! No GF4!! It is a worse idea than Rocky V. Then again, on second thought GF4 coud have a villain named Tommy Gunn. rolleyes
Posted By: The_Little_Man

Re: GFIV Casting Ideas??? - 07/09/13 11:42 PM

I don't disagree. A BAD GF IV would be far, far worse than no movie at all. The script would have to be there, all the stars would have to be in alignment, and the gods would have to smile on it for it to work. Coppola caught lightning in a bottle twice, his third attempt not so much. If an attempt were to made, though, I would have my fingers crossed that everything worked, because it could be great.

And in this age of remakes and other sequels and unoriginal ideas, you just KNOW some Hollywood exec is at least toying with the idea...

Re: GFIV Casting Ideas??? - 07/11/13 03:42 PM

Justin Bieber as Michael and Lindsay Lohan as Kay.
Posted By: DeathByClotheshanger

Re: GFIV Casting Ideas??? - 07/11/13 07:52 PM

You don't need to make "The Godfather Part IV". That trilogy ended.

However, I do believe you could do a non-direct sequel like The Two Jakes or U.S. Marshals, that uses some of the characters from earlier movies but doesn't pass them off as Chinatown II or The Fugitive II.

I think that Vincent's role could be re-cast (Garcia did well and was nominated for an Oscar but it's not such a seminal role like Michael or even Vito, which had 3 actors play the role) and a new movie, or book, or whatever, could explore what happened to Vincent and the remaining Corleone family after Part III.

You don't need Pacino. Mike likely secluded himself after Mary's death. Vincent likely allowed Mike's guys to retire and brought in new guys, guys he knew from the streets. So a new cast.

With all the Corleone connections, Vincent could get into drugs, politics, banking, etc. I think you could contrast Vincent with Michael to have Vincent always showing his emotions, whereas Michael suppressed them and wrote off his vengeance as "business". Eventually it leads to his downfall. FFC said that a Part IV was going to parallel Pablo Escobar's downfall. The same could happen to Vincent, and the the series would REALLY be dead.

Get James Gray to write and direct.

I don't know. I never say "die". I'll always welcome the opportunity to go see a new movie in the theater that exists in the Godfather universe.

Posted By: BigEarner

Re: GFIV Casting Ideas??? - 09/12/13 07:24 PM

Vito Corleone - Robert De Niro
Michael Corleone - Michael Imperioli
Posted By: ChiSox74

Re: GFIV Casting Ideas??? - 02/05/14 11:37 PM

Vito Corleone-Tony Sirico
Michael Corleone-Vincent Pastore
Tom Hagen-Jan Michael Vincent
Kay-Katy Perry obviously

Re: GFIV Casting Ideas??? - 02/22/14 11:46 PM

The late and great Phillip Seymour Hoffman could have played any role in a remake, and done it well.
Posted By: Questadt

Re: GFIV Casting Ideas??? - 03/04/14 10:36 AM

Originally Posted By: dontomasso
The late and great Phillip Seymour Hoffman could have played any role in a remake, and done it well.

Not that I actually want to see a Godfather IV. But PSH would have been a natural to play Tom Hagen.
Posted By: Tahoedirt

Re: GFIV Casting Ideas??? - 04/26/14 02:45 AM

I'd be shocked if they did. GF 4- Who would do it other than Andy Garcia- The rest are either dead or would refuse adamantly ?? I don't see it happening- Let's just enjoy what we've been blessed with- OK ??
Posted By: Sonny_Black

Re: GFIV Casting Ideas??? - 05/20/14 04:42 AM

Originally Posted By: Tahoedirt
I'd be shocked if they did. GF 4- Who would do it other than Andy Garcia- The rest are either dead or would refuse adamantly ?? I don't see it happening- Let's just enjoy what we've been blessed with- OK ??

We haven't been blessed with Part III. Another film could make things right, if done right that is...
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET