Home

Tease in N.Y. Times

Posted By: dontomasso

Tease in N.Y. Times - 09/24/08 06:31 PM

In the review of the remastered DVD in the NY Times either on 9/22 or 9/23 2008, the writer gave a history of the making of the film and was going on and on about how The Godfather is the greatest movie of all time, except perhaps for Godfather II. He even says GF III is underrated. He concludes the review by saying FFC should make a GF4 starting with the death of Mary going forward, featuring Connie as the head of the family.
Posted By: DeathByClotheshanger

Re: Tease in N.Y. Times - 11/21/08 05:27 PM

Huh... could be interesting. Maybe a power struggle between Connie and Vincent. Although I like any power struggles to involve Vincent, Anthony (after his life falls apart and he turns to family business) and Sonny's real sons.

Re: Tease in N.Y. Times - 11/21/08 06:28 PM

Originally Posted By: DeathByClotheshanger
Huh... could be interesting. Maybe a power struggle between Connie and Vincent. Although I like any power struggles to involve Vincent, Anthony (after his life falls apart and he turns to family business) and Sonny's real sons.

Anthony is a Hollywood finocchio who cries like a woman.
Posted By: olivant

Re: Tease in N.Y. Times - 11/22/08 05:36 AM

My God, I hope not. Somethings should just be left alone and the Trilogy should be the end of saga. And Connie as family Donna? For sure. Just like Analyze That. Preposterous.
Posted By: DE NIRO

Re: Tease in N.Y. Times - 01/03/09 11:33 AM

Connie has the Don,,cmon..
Posted By: svsg

Re: Tease in N.Y. Times - 02/17/09 09:16 PM

I think Anthony taking over the family much like Michael did in the first part would be going over a complete circle. Michael was an improbable choice as well, if you see the scene after Don's shooting, everyone including Tessio, Clemenza and Sonny laugh at him for suggesting revenge. Similarly Anthony might be an Opera singer, but he could take over the Corleone family and eliminate his enemies. I would be most interested in seeing that plot for GF4.
Posted By: ibarramedia

Re: Tease in N.Y. Times - 05/06/09 03:16 PM

I too think the Godfather, or for that matter the Trilogy is the best film ever made. That's just my humble opinion. Ever since I saw the film, I could not help but be enthralled in it. The plot, storyline,character development is superb. Drama,suspense and action all rolled into one epic period film.

I make a personal top ten movie list over the years and there have been a few revisions to it. But nothing takes away the Godfather trilogy from the top spot. Other people may disagree and that's fine. But to me The Godfather is tops.
Posted By: Mark

Re: Tease in N.Y. Times - 05/07/09 09:15 PM

I agree. It's the best series ever. I can't wait to see a GF IV. What ever the story is, I will be there!
Posted By: mtoppi

Re: Tease in N.Y. Times - 05/08/09 02:46 PM

That could be interesting: Connie becomes "The Godmother." I like it!

Though I still think any GF idea that didn't involve the post-DeNiro, pre-Brando time frame would be a crime. That period is rich with details about the characters we really want to see a film made about. Hell, at this point, even a book would be a great idea!

Re: Tease in N.Y. Times - 05/09/09 03:17 PM

Agreed. Any new project that "fills in the blanks" of any of the 3 movies would be a welcomed endeavor. Needless to say with the Spranos ending, reruns becoming tiresome and no new mafia stuff out here (exception of Depp's summer film soon) we are starving for some new GF project!
Posted By: Madame_St_Clair

Re: Tease in N.Y. Times - 05/18/09 04:44 AM

I don't know how much truth there is to this but I heard that Leonardo DiCaprio was VERY interested in trying be in The Godfather IV, that is if they were able to make it. He has good acting chops but I wonder if in fact it was being made, what role could he possibly play?

Re: Tease in N.Y. Times - 05/18/09 03:18 PM

Originally Posted By: Madame_St_Clair
I don't know how much truth there is to this but I heard that Leonardo DiCaprio was VERY interested in trying be in The Godfather IV, that is if they were able to make it. He has good acting chops but I wonder if in fact it was being made, what role could he possibly play?

He could play the blonde Sicilian the way Robert Evans wanted Redford to play Michael.
Posted By: pizzaboy

Re: Tease in N.Y. Times - 05/18/09 11:02 PM

Originally Posted By: dontomasso
Originally Posted By: Madame_St_Clair

He could play the blonde Sicilian the way Robert Evans wanted Redford to play Michael.

When those rumors circulated back in 1999, just prior to Puzo's passing, I think they were talking about DiCaprio playing a young Sonny, using a flashback structure, with Vincent's story being the present day one.

The parallel would mirror that of GF2 (father and son at the same age).

By the way, DiCaprio is now older than Caan was when he played Sonny.

Re: Tease in N.Y. Times - 05/19/09 12:21 PM

James Caan's son can play a younger Sonny if they do a flashback movie?
Posted By: FredoCorleone

Re: Tease in N.Y. Times - 08/31/09 04:08 PM

I think that could work, in all honesty. Id much rather see that than anything else at this point. I hope they dont make another Godfather film, its been a longer time since the interval where they made part 2 -3 ( 16 yrs.) The Godfather Part III is nearly 20 years old. I wouldnt want to see another picture ruin the series.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET