Home

Will there be GF4 or not?

Posted By: Don_Fanucci

Will there be GF4 or not? - 04/23/08 06:39 PM

Its starting to make me really mad. i really want to know if there will be one. some people say there will be one and some people say there will not. what do you guys think?
Posted By: svsg

Re: Will there be GF4 or not? - 04/24/08 09:44 PM

Originally Posted By: Don_Fanucci
what do you guys think?

It will be made. But as a comic series first and then into a movie.
Posted By: BDuff

Re: Will there be GF4 or not? - 04/25/08 12:52 AM

With the success in sales of The Godfather game and awful books by Winegardner I think it could be made in the future.
Posted By: DonRobertoCorleone

Re: Will there be GF4 or not? - 04/29/08 02:13 AM

I wish it would be. Lord knows they make so many other bs movies they could at least do this. How many rockys and rambos did we get? come on
Posted By: pizzaboy

Re: Will there be GF4 or not? - 05/02/08 03:01 PM

Originally Posted By: DonRobertoCorleone
How many rockys and rambos did we get?

Exactly.

Is that what you want? The greatest film trilogy of all-time to be cheapened like a Stallone franchise?
Posted By: FrankWhite

Re: Will there be GF4 or not? - 05/05/08 02:07 PM

pizzaboy... i feel exactly what you're saying... cant believe we're making reference to Godfather and Rambo in the same breath. WOW!!!
Posted By: dontomasso

Re: Will there be GF4 or not? - 05/05/08 04:40 PM

Originally Posted By: pizzaboy

Exactly.

Is that what you want? The greatest film trilogy of all-time to be cheapened like a Stallone franchise?

"Rocky Balboa" wasnt all that bad!
Posted By: DE NIRO

Re: Will there be GF4 or not? - 06/08/08 10:54 PM

It was good, but it wasn't great like Godfather
Posted By: MiniMafiaBoss

Re: Will there be GF4 or not? - 07/01/08 08:27 AM

You all like GF 1 and 2, but thought GF 3 was s**t. With most sequels to other movies, the end result is also poor. Are you all expecting GF 4 to be a massive rollercoaster ride of a mob movie?

With the Departed, American Gangster and We Own the Night, I got the feeling that some here were disappointed by these.

What would you do if GF 4 was better then Part 1?

Would you then "Eat, breathe and sleep" Part 4?
Posted By: whisper

Re: Will there be GF4 or not? - 07/02/08 02:29 PM

WTF are you on about?
Posted By: MiniMafiaBoss

Re: Will there be GF4 or not? - 07/02/08 03:10 PM

I'm quoting Da Boss Man!
Posted By: Santino Brasi

Re: Will there be GF4 or not? - 07/10/08 12:25 PM

I hope to god there won't be, anything more will be made just for monetary Value, just like Godfather Part III, I hope they don't ruin it any more than they have
Posted By: DeathByClotheshanger

Re: Will there be GF4 or not? - 07/31/08 01:51 AM

Originally Posted By: svsg
what do you guys think?

It will be made. But as a comic series first and then into a movie.

You know, I don't know if you're serious or not but I think this is a great idea. I am surprised someone hasn't run with the Godfather franchise in a graphic novel form. I think it could be really successful. Some of the writers in the comic book industry are the most creative guys in the entertainment industry.

I also think it is the most likely medium we see the Godfather universe unfold, other than Winegardner's horrible books.
Posted By: ibarramedia

Re: Will there be GF4 or not? - 08/11/08 04:14 PM

Originally Posted By: dontomasso

Exactly.

Is that what you want? The greatest film trilogy of all-time to be cheapened like a Stallone franchise? rolleyes

"Rocky Balboa" wasnt all that bad!

I personally like the Rocky series. But the Godfather is the best film of all time with regards to plot, storylines,character development and acting. I'll even go out on a limb and say that the Godfather Trilogy is the best series of all time.
Posted By: Mrs_Michael_Corleone

Re: Will there be GF4 or not? - 12/21/08 02:16 PM

Nope.

Let us just let it rest in peace :]
Posted By: Pacinofan08

Re: Will there be GF4 or not? - 12/30/08 03:39 PM

I agree, I think the trilogy deserve to stay the way it is. Movies get ruined, when they make more than say 3 trilogies!! Do you really need 4 Godfather Movies when they are great as they are?

It does get a bit silly. Even though its not in the same league (I guess)(but I am not comparing like with like here I am?), one of the only films to ever make decent trilogies besides The Godfather, was Back To The Future, they made brilliant conitinuation stories after each Film. The first one being the best (only my opinion) but, Parts 2 and 3 were equally as good.

I think The Godfather should be remembered for being true classics
I enjoyed all of them, I got the box set for Christmas!

-Grace
Posted By: Mozzer

Re: Will there be GF4 or not? - 12/31/08 06:54 AM

Exactly.

Is that what you want? The greatest film trilogy of all-time to be cheapened like a Stallone franchise? rolleyes

You're absolutely right, I think.

And to the poster just above me, I hope you don't mean GFII and III were equal!!! Back to the Future 2 and 3 were equal and not as good as the first, yes, but not GFII and III.

In my opinion ( cool ), Godfather II was in some ways superior to the first Godfather, it actually has no equal, and GFIII, well, let's just say... it wasn't quite up to par compared to the first two.
Posted By: batistuta11

Re: Will there be GF4 or not? - 02/26/09 08:55 AM

I haven't seen this show before , but I have watched the sopranos ,It's wounderful. I'v heard that this two shows have something familliar,so , I'll watch this one .
Posted By: lcgyy

Re: Will there be GF4 or not? - 03/18/09 03:45 AM

I just only like the GF1 and GF 2

Posted By: The_Don_Is_Dead

Re: Will there be GF4 or not? - 03/18/09 06:44 AM

Originally Posted By: batistuta11
I haven't seen this show before , but I have watched the sopranos ,It's wounderful. I'v heard that this two shows have something familliar,so , I'll watch this one .

?????
This is not a show that we are talking about.
The Godfather trilogy are three films.
The Godfather inspired The Sopranos, but yeah The Sopranos is tributing The Godfather in some things.
Posted By: Mark

Re: Will there be GF4 or not? - 04/22/09 12:16 PM

I would like to see a GF4 in the same set up as GF2...show prequel scenes disbursed smartly along with post 1980 storylines. Andy Garcia would have to be in it, of course. Maybe a "you can go home again theme" with Vincent leading The Corleone's taking back of NYC in about 1985 and eventually becoming Capo di Tutti Capi? Then show a true to life storyline about how the feds busted and jailed all the heads of the five families in the mid eighties? Maybe the flashbacks could include a 1935 showing of Vito, Genco, Clemenza and Tessio dealing with Sonny, Luca and Johnny Fontaine?

Re: Will there be GF4 or not? - 04/22/09 06:45 PM

Something meaningful like "The Wedding Crashers Meet The Godfather."

Re: Will there be GF4 or not? - 04/22/09 11:05 PM

That's fine Dontomasso, just as long as it's not filmed in 3D or some other cheesy sequel ploy! panic
Posted By: Phoenix

Re: Will there be GF4 or not? - 05/22/09 05:25 PM

Would be sad for The Godfather to become a parody of itself. A sequel is impossible anyway.

Re: Will there be GF4 or not? - 05/22/09 06:02 PM

I'm interested to hear your reasons why a GF4 is impossible, Phoenix...

Re: Will there be GF4 or not? - 05/22/09 07:03 PM

Originally Posted By: Mark
I'm interested to hear your reasons why a GF4 is impossible, Phoenix...

What reasons do you need? Since Mario Puzo's death ten years ago, Francis Ford Coppola has said there will be not be a Godfather Part IV.

Re: Will there be GF4 or not? - 05/22/09 07:27 PM

"If history has taught us anything - its that you can never underestimate greed." Especially clueless Hollywood producers looking to bank on a sure franchise. A GF4 would generate tons of money - film, books, dvd, soundtrack, videogames, etc...! No matter what the storyline is, or who the actors are or the brave director willing to step up and tackle this job (if FFC says no). Don't get me wrong, as I have stated before I would love to see a part 4 with all the right people involved and the best & most appropriate plot possible. Look at some of the older posts on this entire board, not just GF4 threads, there is so much great material that has been ignored or not shown at all to create a strong screenplay! But haven't we seen past examples in movies/television/art and life in general that when it comes to making money, a lot of money; "All bets are off."

Re: Will there be GF4 or not? - 05/22/09 07:46 PM

True. Sick of studios flogging a dead horse just to make a buck.
Posted By: The_Don_Is_Dead

Re: Will there be GF4 or not? - 05/24/09 03:56 AM

Guys just enjoy Tetro, which looks like it will be good.

Re: Will there be GF4 or not? - 05/26/09 12:59 AM

Tetro?
Posted By: Alive4Kill

Re: Will there be GF4 or not? - 05/26/09 04:31 AM

i think that the great story died with Mario Puzo.Assuming he had something like a story.If so it will be like novels of Mark W..Someone will continue on Puzo's masterpiece but eventually screw it up like Mark W.

Re: Will there be GF4 or not? - 06/13/09 12:32 PM

"MTV: Can you categorically say you never will make another "Godfather" film?

Coppola: I don't own "The Godfather" and I never thought there should be more than one. It wasn't a serial. For me, the end of the story of "The Godfather" was pretty complete. The problem with these serials is they've got to get worse each time you make another one."

FWIW...This was lifted from a recent online interview with FFC about his new movie "Tetro".

http://www.vh1.com/movies/news/articles/1613806/20090611/story.jhtml?rsspartner=rssYahooNewscrawler
Posted By: ibarramedia

Re: Will there be GF4 or not? - 06/15/09 02:28 PM

I think it is about done. I had hoped for a 4th one in 1996. But in the end, Especially after Mariso Puzo's death. I decided that they should let it rest. A lot of the cast members are getting really old too. What time period will they set it on if a 4th one was made? Keep in mind that it was a period series.
Posted By: DeathByClotheshanger

Re: Will there be GF4 or not? - 06/15/09 04:31 PM

It's safe to say another Godfather film with FFC behind the camera is not going to happen.

I wouldn't put it past the powers that be to make a "reboot", "remake" or just a plain old sequel at some point. There is too much potential cash to be made for them to sit back and not do it.
Posted By: Quentina

Re: Will there be GF4 or not? - 08/27/10 09:21 AM

Banned for spamming.

Re: Will there be GF4 or not? - 09/17/10 03:45 PM

Wow there could really be a foolish one. Lets bring back everyone from the original cast who is still living. Even Duvall. They can make up some story that GF III was really a bad dream...that Mary is still alive. An aging Pacino, Duvall, Diane Keaton could really make a farce of the whole enterprise. The plot?
No clue.
Posted By: Lovecraft

Re: Will there be GF4 or not? - 09/20/10 10:51 PM

Originally Posted By: DeathByClotheshanger
It's safe to say another Godfather film with FFC behind the camera is not going to happen.

I wouldn't put it past the powers that be to make a "reboot", "remake" or just a plain old sequel at some point. There is too much potential cash to be made for them to sit back and not do it.

This will most likely be the case but I think it will be a while until that occurs.
Posted By: Sonny_Black

Re: Will there be GF4 or not? - 09/21/10 10:49 AM

A new Godfather without FFC's involvement will not be a real Godfather. It would also be a insult towards him, cause only he should decide if there will be another one or not.

Honestly, I do hope there will be a new one with him directing or producing it, but only if he gets the same privileges as he had with Part II.
Posted By: Ponder

Re: Will there be GF4 or not? - 11/13/10 12:33 PM

Its starting to make me really mad. i really want to know if there will be one. some people say there will be one and some people say there will not. what do you guys think?

If you watch some of Robert Duvall's youtube videos, he says that III came out so long after II because people were waiting to be offered big money to do it. Same is happening with IV.

Re: Will there be GF4 or not? - 11/22/10 06:39 PM

Isn't the original cast getting a little long in the tooth to be contemplating IV?
Posted By: Giacomo_Vacari

Re: Will there be GF4 or not? - 01/06/14 11:47 PM

Francis Ford Cappola has hinted at not doing another sequel to the franchise. There is a rumor that there is talks of a pre sequel to the original Godfather based on the book by Falco which is said to be actually written by Puzo before he had died. Does anyone have any information about the legal hearings on Ed Falco and Paramount?
Posted By: Questadt

Re: Will there be GF4 or not? - 01/08/14 01:34 AM

Originally Posted By: Pacinofan08
...one of the only films to ever make decent trilogies besides The Godfather, was Back To The Future, they made brilliant conitinuation stories after each Film. The first one being the best (only my opinion) but, Parts 2 and 3 were equally as good.

How could the first BTTF be "the best", if the two sequels were "equally as good"? How could Parts Two & Three be "equally as good" as the original BTTF, if the original was "the best"?

Logically, is that even possible? confused
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET