Home

Spinoff about Clemenza

Posted By: mercop

Spinoff about Clemenza - 02/26/08 01:40 AM

Hello evreyone I was thinking today what if instead of making another film or book about the Corleones they do a book about Clemenza. It would start in 1955 after Clemenza takes over and could introduce characters like Pentangeli,joey zasa and the rsota brothers, and end of corse with his death. Please tall me what you think on the idea.
Posted By: olivant

Re: Spinoff about Clemenza - 02/26/08 05:16 AM

I would enjoy just about anything about the Corleones. Your suggestion would attract my interest. Anthing that fills in the gaps I would appreciate.
Posted By: SC

Re: Spinoff about Clemenza - 02/26/08 09:12 AM

For me, Richard Castellano was the only Clemenza. Anyone else in that role would be an infamnia. Since he's dead, let sleeping capos lie. \:\)

Re: Spinoff about Clemenza - 02/26/08 12:24 PM

Originally Posted By: SC
For me, Richard Castellano was the only Clemenza. Anyone else in that role would be an infamnia. Since he's dead, let sleeping capos lie. \:\)

I'm sorry I should specify I was talking about a novel not a movie. \:\)

Re: Spinoff about Clemenza - 02/26/08 12:47 PM

Originally Posted By: mercop
I'm sorry I should specify I was talking about a novel not a movie.

MY mistake... you DID specify "book". One of these days I'll learn how to read.... and I'd love to read a book about Clemenza. (My favorite part of "The Sicilian" was reading the small sections with Clemenza).
Posted By: DeathByClotheshanger

Re: Spinoff about Clemenza - 02/27/08 12:13 AM

SC -- Not that recasting the role again would turn out as good as it did before, but Bruno Kirby was a fine Clemenza IMO. So it's not just all Castellano.

Re: Spinoff about Clemenza - 02/27/08 08:16 AM

Originally Posted By: DeathByClotheshanger
SC -- Not that recasting the role again would turn out as good as it did before, but Bruno Kirby was a fine Clemenza IMO. So it's not just all Castellano.

No argument from me about Kirby. But he was a YOUNG Clemenza. I'd hate to see someone other than Richard Castellano trying to reprise the role of Clemenza in the 1950's.
Posted By: Mignon

Re: Spinoff about Clemenza - 02/29/08 02:55 AM

I would buy that book as long as Winegardner doesn't write it.
Posted By: Yogi Barrabbas

Re: Spinoff about Clemenza - 02/29/08 10:59 AM

Originally Posted By: Mignon
I would buy that book as long as Winegardner doesn't write it.

Posted By: DonJon

Re: Spinoff about Clemenza - 04/12/08 03:35 PM

Originally Posted By: DeathByClotheshanger

Any Kirby's dead too, so we're all out of luck....
Posted By: dontomasso

Re: Spinoff about Clemenza - 04/23/08 04:14 PM

Great idea.

Re: Spinoff about Clemenza - 04/24/08 08:54 PM

Originally Posted By: dontomasso
Great idea.

Thanks
Posted By: olivant

Re: Spinoff about Clemenza - 08/09/08 06:15 AM

How about Alien meets Clemenza. An alien bursts out of Clemenza's belly and goes on a rampage whacking wiseguys right and left. They talk the alien into marrying Connie and, in the meantime, resurrect Sonny who, mistaking him for a resurrected Carlo, beats the crap out of the alien. Wanting revenge, the alien meets up with Roth, moves to Cuba, but gets into drugs and alcohol, and ends up as a featured act in one of those out of the way Cuban nightspots.

I think it has possibilities.
Posted By: Mickey_MeatBalls_DeMonica

Re: Spinoff about Clemenza - 10/19/09 05:59 AM

That is a friggin sweet idea for a novel dude. You should write it, then fuck around with getting the rights or whatever. I would totally buy that and read it; even if it was shit, id dig it.

Wait, mercop's idea, not olivants. That shits ridiculous.
Posted By: Louren_Lampone

Re: Spinoff about Clemenza - 04/15/10 04:22 PM

Originally Posted By: SC
Originally Posted By: mercop
I'm sorry I should specify I was talking about a novel not a movie.

MY mistake... you DID specify "book". One of these days I'll learn how to read.... and I'd love to read a book about Clemenza. (My favorite part of "The Sicilian" was reading the small sections with Clemenza).

That's the best part of that book!
Posted By: mustachepete

Re: Spinoff about Clemenza - 04/15/10 05:46 PM

They did one years ago:

http://www.gangsterbb.net/threads/ubbthr...9713#Post209713
Posted By: Vincent_Mancini_Corleone

Re: Spinoff about Clemenza - 05/12/10 02:16 AM

Clemenza is one of my favorite characters! they should really go for it
Posted By: NickGeraci

Re: Spinoff about Clemenza - 12/02/10 01:58 AM

I think that would be a great story. Much is left to wonder about that end of the story. There are many great stories such as that, which need to be told. Mari Puzo or not.
Posted By: NickGeraci

Re: Spinoff about Clemenza - 12/02/10 04:57 AM

couldn't have been said better!..........
Posted By: tenpin477

Re: Spinoff about Clemenza - 10/23/13 09:25 PM

The Family Corleone introduces The Rosato Brothers, Frank Pentangeli, Barzini etc.
Posted By: jace

Re: Spinoff about Clemenza - 10/28/13 08:40 AM

Is it true that the actor who played Clemenza wanted so much money for playing the role again he was written out of second Godfather move?
Posted By: dontomasso

Re: Spinoff about Clemenza - 10/29/13 05:28 PM

I am not sure it was "so mch money" but yes, I believe he wanted more than they wanted to give him Same with Robert Duvall.
Posted By: Sonny_Black

Re: Spinoff about Clemenza - 10/29/13 06:00 PM

Clemenza was written out because he demanded that his wife would write his parts in the script.
Posted By: don illuminati

Re: Spinoff about Clemenza - 09/03/14 09:03 AM

Someone should work a vehicle based on the young clemenza, the flashback scenes from gf 2 with young clemenza were outstanding.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET