Home

Bollywood Version

Posted By: dontomasso

Bollywood Version - 12/14/07 06:32 PM

I read someplace that there's a Bollywood movie that is a direct rip off of The Godfather. Anyone know about this?
Posted By: pizzaboy

Re: Bollywood Version - 12/14/07 06:51 PM

Originally Posted By: dontomasso
I read someplace that there's a Bollywood movie that is a direct rip off of The Godfather. Anyone know about this?

"Leave the anthrax, take the falafel."
Posted By: Don Zadjali

Re: Bollywood Version - 12/14/07 06:59 PM

I've seen it!
It's called Sarkar, starring Amitabh Bachnan and "HIS REAL LIFE SON" Abishik Bachnan.

I don't call it a DIRECT ROP OFF, because there are lots of diffrent things.
It's a good movie, but not as good as THE GODFATHER!

I heard they are making a sequel to it!
Posted By: dontomasso

Re: Bollywood Version - 12/14/07 07:10 PM

Originally Posted By: Don Zadjali

Frankie Fivekarmas - Here you are high up in the Himmalayas drinking --- Assam Tea Cocktails, while those God damn Patel Brothers chisel up my territoty. They recruit Sikhs, they recruit untouchables and with them everything is junk...dope.

Mikhal - I want them left alone

Frankie - Then you give your loyalty to a Muslim over your own blood.

Mikhal - You know my father did business with him.
Posted By: Zaf-the-don

Re: Bollywood Version - 12/14/07 09:45 PM

Bollywood hasnt just copied the godfather once but many times, there are also scenes of the godfather in some romantic movies like the death Vito corleone with his grandson, The godfather is very important to Bollywood cinema.
Posted By: The_Don_Is_Dead

Re: Bollywood Version - 03/24/09 12:17 AM

Originally Posted By: Don Zadjali
I've seen it!
It's called Sarkar, starring Amitabh Bachnan and "HIS REAL LIFE SON" Abishik Bachnan.

I don't call it a DIRECT ROP OFF, because there are lots of diffrent things.
It's a good movie, but not as good as THE GODFATHER!

The think that kinda pisses me off is that his foot.
And we are expecting to take this serious.
Posted By: svsg

Re: Bollywood Version - 04/03/09 01:15 AM

Sarkar:

This is in a sense a remake of The Godfather, as in the story very similar. But this is set in an Indian context. The movie credits The Godfather as its inspiration in the credits. Though not in the same league as The Godfather, Sarkar (literally means Government) is a decent effort. The title role, played by the veteran Bollywood actor Amitabh Bacchan, wields supreme political power in Maharashtra(capital:Mumbai), though he is not a politician and is just a criminal chief. People come to him for justice outside the system. The similarity doesn;t end just there. There are equivalent story arcs of Michael (played by Abhishek Bacchan, real-life son of Amithabh), Kay, Appolonnia, Sonny and Fredo (the last two are combined into one character). Cinematography is pretty good, but everything else ranges from average to mediocre. BTW, it combines plot elements from both GF and GF2.

====
Sarkar Raj:

This is the sequel to Sarkar. However this is not related to Godfather movies in any way. The main characters of father and son are continued from the first part (yeah, the father doesn't die like Vito, in Sarkar). Aishwaraya Rai is an addition to this cast (who BTW is real-life wife of Abhishek). The movie alternates between bad and ridiculous. The first part, in spite of not achieving quality anywhere near Godfather is still an enjoyable movie with a decent premise. This one is atrocious.

-----

BTW, Don_is_Dead, traditionally Indians don't wear footwear inside their homes, rich or poor. So it is contextually appropriate. I hope that your irritation is just borne out of unfamiliarity with the culture and not something else (you know what I am talking about, but I don't want to speculate).
Posted By: svsg

Re: Bollywood Version - 04/03/09 01:17 AM

Originally Posted By: pizzaboy
Originally Posted By: dontomasso

"Leave the anthrax, take the falafel."

Falafel is not Indian food and is almost unheard of in India (where Bollywood movies originate).
Posted By: rerteu

Re: Bollywood Version - 04/11/09 06:51 AM

which movie you most want to watch?
How about Friday The 13th?
Posted By: The_Don_Is_Dead

Re: Bollywood Version - 04/11/09 08:42 AM

Originally Posted By: rerteu
which movie you most want to watch?
How about Friday The 13th?

I hate Frisday The 13th the new one, it was pretty crap i would watch Sarkar over Friday The 13th (i watched
Sarkar last night, the ending ruined everthing in the film).
Posted By: ibarramedia

Re: Bollywood Version - 04/20/09 07:37 PM

Wow. I never thought of someone doing a bollywood version.
Posted By: FredoCorleone

SARKAR RAJ - 05/14/09 02:38 PM

There was also a sequel " Sarkar Raj" in 2006. [img:left]
Posted By: altiusdirectory

Re: Bollywood Version - 12/02/10 07:27 AM

I think .......

SPAM REMOVED
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET