Home

what about this idea?

Posted By: DonRobertoCorleone

what about this idea? - 03/13/07 04:33 PM

I know there's been alot of talk about possible ideas for a fourth movie. Puzo and FFC wanted to end with Vincent being hunted down like EScobar. They also wanted his story to coincide with a stoyry about a young Sonny Corleone. I like that idea, I thought that GF2 was amazing because of the way they told both stories. That in my opinion is what made it an all time classic, because it was something that had not been done to often if ever. Which brings me to an idea. With the right directors and story writers I belive not only can this be done again but that there could actually be three stories told. Especially since Vincent was supposed to be a culmination of all the Corleone men. If i was writing a story, and this is just a rough draft type idea, I would show Sonny rise to power or his early life as was written about in the original novel. It would be parallel to part of Vincent's story. The other part would be maybe Vincent getting involved in the drug trade along with the CIA (maybe a story that highlights the mobs hand in covert operations, and it's seeming partnership with the CIA in the drug trade)this would parallel what I like to call the lost years, the time between GF2 and GF3, involving Micheal Corleone. I haven't read all of the GF Revenge yet so maybe if it's worth it some of the story lines could go in. I was thinking of the presidential assassination with the mob being involved at certain levels with the CIA, the Bay of Pigs Invasion, and possibly Micheal cast in role similar to Sma Giancana sharing a movie star girlfriend( who was introduced to both by Johnny Fontane) with the president. Like I said it's a rough draft idea but there's alot of stories there that could make a good movie. Particularly with Al Pacino, who I believe must be involved in some way, returning in the role of Micheal Corleone between 1960-1979.
Posted By: dontomasso

Re: what about this idea? - 03/14/07 07:45 PM

What did Sonny do to rise to power other than inherit it? I thought he was more of an apprentice to the Don...did he ever accomplish anything? am I missing something? I always had him as a hot headed playboy who was a lousy Don when he had the chance.

Re: what about this idea? - 03/15/07 04:49 PM

In the book Sonny inherted/rose to power ( I guess a bad choice of words but they mean the same) when Vito was shot and out of action. It's part of the story that was never told in the movie and even Puzo wanted to explore it more. I think with a little creativity that story becomes interesting. It doesn't have to reflect his skills as a don but he had a unique talent for street warfare, I think the book put it that he was like a young Napoleon. You could contrast that with Vincent having that same unique flare and qick temper like his father but regulated by cold cunning like Micheal and reason like Vito.

Re: what about this idea? - 03/21/07 07:53 PM

I know the book showed that Sonny was a brilliant tactician in the war, and even in the movie Vito says tattaglia never could have out fought Santino. Still the war was pretty much of a stalemate, and it significantly weakened the Corleones. Is this just some kind of contradiction within the story or is there an explanation?
Posted By: SC

Re: what about this idea? - 03/21/07 08:27 PM

Originally Posted By: dontomasso
I know the book showed that Sonny was a brilliant tactician in the war, and even in the movie Vito says tattaglia never could have out fought Santino.

It was Barzini (and the other Families combined) who kept the war in stalemate. No contradiction.

Re: what about this idea? - 03/22/07 02:08 PM

Thanks SC. It was not until this moment that I realized it was Barzini all along!

Re: what about this idea? - 03/22/07 08:27 PM

I'm not sure I understand what you are talking about. When I was speaking about Sonny coming to power I was not talking about the movie. In the book Sonny took control when Vito was shot by some Irish gang. Luca also went after them himself. There is a story there. Maybe I misunderstood what you were saying.
Posted By: DE NIRO

Re: what about this idea? - 03/22/07 10:09 PM

Irish Gang???

The Corleones was know as the irish gang,cause Tom is Part Irish,i didn't tkni vito was shot by irish,i maybe wrong

Re: what about this idea? - 03/23/07 05:19 PM

I guess using the words Irish Gang is confusing everyone. In the book on PAGE 222(BOOK 3). It uses the exact words Irish stickup artist. One of these guys shot Vito in the chest.
Posted By: Don Cardi

Re: what about this idea? - 03/23/07 05:44 PM

DonRoberto is correct Irishman.

In the book Vito was shot by some Irish gang and Sonny became acting Don and successfully fought the war.

If you remember, in the movie when Michael talks to Sonny after the Don is shot, Michael asks Sonny about his mother, and Sonny says that "she's been through it before."

That's a reference to the incident in the book when Vito was shot by the irish gang.

And his being shot is what caused him to talk in that gruff voice of his.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET