Home

The beggining of the 3 movies

Posted By: Don Pappo Napolitano

The beggining of the 3 movies - 10/11/05 04:32 PM

The 3 godfather movies start with a party.
Gf1:Connie`s wedding
Gf2:Anthony`s confirmation
Gf3:Michael`s charity foundation

Everybody dances in the 3 movies, there is an orchestra in each movie.

If Gf4 is made, would it start like this?
Gf4 should begin with Mary`s funeral, at least to change the topic...
Posted By: Lavinia from Italy

Re: The beggining of the 3 movies - 10/12/05 10:06 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Don Pappo Napolitano:
Gf4 should begin with Mary`s funeral, at least to change the topic...
well, an opening scene with Mary's funeral will be great and not really a change as you may believe. I mean, weddings, funerals and other religious events are nothing
but different faces of the same medal. The occasion may be different, but the reason why people gather is all the same: to be there, to take part in some important event in someone's life. The "party" is the, so to say, mundane facet of these celebrations, the deeper spiritual meaning of these rituals being the role of the community, the people of God attending and accompanying a fellow member of the comunity itself in a crucial moment of his/her life.

Conclusion, I'd definitely vote for Mary's funeral as the opening scene of this - God forbid! - GF4!
Posted By: DeathByClotheshanger

Re: The beggining of the 3 movies - 10/22/05 03:00 AM

I think the family gathering at the beginning of a part IV should be Kay's funeral. The actors have aged too much to pick right up after Mary's death and Kay's funeral would set the tone for a part IV which would be pretty dark, darker than the other movies in many ways.

Anyway, that would be if I was allowed to make it.
Posted By: Don Pappo Napolitano

Re: The beggining of the 3 movies - 10/22/05 02:34 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by DeathByClotheshanger:
I think the family gathering at the beginning of a part IV should be Kay's funeral. The actors have aged too much to pick right up after Mary's death and Kay's funeral would set the tone for a part IV which would be pretty dark, darker than the other movies in many ways.

Anyway, that would be if I was allowed to make it.
Not bad idea, but the actors are too aged to play theirs roles in GF1 and GF2 but with a little make up(I don`t think they need) they could play their roles in GF3 after all it was 15 years ago, not 33 years ago(gf1) or 31(Gf2)
Posted By: Luciano Fanucci

Re: The beggining of the 3 movies - 12/13/05 08:07 PM

Anthonys confirmation?
I Dont Belive Ive Seen That Part.
Posted By: Don Andrew

Re: The beggining of the 3 movies - 12/20/05 03:05 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Luciano Fanucci:
Anthonys confirmation?
My goodness, no wonder you think GF II was 'ok'. It sound slike you've seen a minimal amount of it.
Posted By: Peter_Clemenza

Re: The beggining of the 3 movies - 12/20/05 04:50 PM

Isn't Anthony Corleone's confirmation at the very beginning of the movie? How did you miss that scene?
Posted By: SC

Re: The beggining of the 3 movies - 12/20/05 05:19 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Luciano Fanucci:
Anthonys confirmation?
I think his bootleg copy of Part II was really a commercial for "Godfather Pizza".
Posted By: Luciano Fanucci

Re: The beggining of the 3 movies - 12/20/05 06:37 PM

Yeah, probably
Posted By: Don Chater

Re: The beggining of the 3 movies - 12/21/05 04:39 AM

I don't think it should be Kay's funeral. She's divorced Michael. She doesn't really mean that much to the family. By not being with Mike, the family is less concerned with her. It should be someone else...Maybe Vincenzo's mother or someone. Just not Kay. She is secluded from the family.

Or, it good begin with Vincenzo's wedding. It's the same in some aspects and different in others since it is the Don himself who is getting married. Of course, the meetings will also be part of it since they take part in the first three films.

He could be something like 7-10 years older and marrying. It can show that he has greatly matured since we last saw him. Albeit, he did seem to have some kind of maturity transaction between the beginning and after selected as the new Don of the Corleone family. He seems different, somewhat matured, when we see him at the Opera.

Or, it could be that Vincent is already married and some kind of religious event is going on that has to do with a son of Vincent.

I think we have some options to choose from.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET