Home

ENOUGH GF 4?

Posted By: dontomasso

ENOUGH GF 4? - 05/16/05 05:11 PM

So many people are absolutely turned off by the prospect of a GF IV, and there are not many good ideas for a plot, maybe it is time to let Mario Puzo rest in peace, to let FFC make other films and tend to his wine, and to be happy with what we have. If so maybe this part of these fine BB's could be retired, or possibly relegated to the General Discussion Section as a single thread.
Thoughts?
Posted By: plawrence

Re: ENOUGH GF 4? - 05/16/05 09:52 PM

Leave it the way it is.

If there ever are real plans for a GF IV, we'll just have to re-open the forum anyway.

And if you read through some of the threads, I think there have been several good ideas for plots put forth.
Posted By: TheSicilian123

Re: ENOUGH GF 4? - 05/16/05 10:51 PM

I think I would like to see it stay the same, because sometimes we should talk about it and see what they think should happen.
Posted By: DeathByClotheshanger

Re: ENOUGH GF 4? - 05/17/05 01:24 PM

Leave it the way it is. You never know... some new members might join and add some fuel to the fire. Maybe someone has some insider information as to what went down between Puzo and FFC when they were discussing a Part IV or maybe someone else has an excellent idea for a Part IV that he/she can share with us.

Any GF discussion is a good one, IMO.
Posted By: DE NIRO

Re: ENOUGH GF 4? - 05/17/05 01:30 PM

I agree leave it the way is is also
Posted By: Moscarelli

Re: ENOUGH GF 4? - 05/17/05 05:08 PM

I'd love to disagree just for the sake of disagreement, but, I won't. I mean, I say we keep it up until we know, for sure that there won't be a Godfather IV or until we are sure there wil be. Otherwise, I see no reason in removing it.
Posted By: AppleOnYa

Re: ENOUGH GF 4? - 05/17/05 05:55 PM

I voted to leave it.

Much as I'm against a GFIV there's no harm in discussing the prospect and possible plots for those who want to.

Anyway...I'm still waiting for that BEST/WORST forum to be put up because I am far sicker of those types of threads than I could be of a GFIV discussion.

Apple
Posted By: Tony Love

Re: ENOUGH GF 4? - 05/30/05 03:27 AM

It's a nice thought, but it's not worth a section.

We need more shows like the Sopranos to come out, refresh our mafia mind frames, and give us something to obsess over for a while. I've done it with the Godfather (and I always will) but we need some more material.

And I don't mean any of this police shit, where you get the story from the police point-of-view. We have enough civilian films like that, they can hold off on them for a while. We need a film deep in the mafia, one that gets inside the families, their interactions with other families, rich story-lines (like the Godfather, and the Sopranos). They can make an entire series out of them. I'd be great! Eventually they can come out with merchandise, and even video games. A big marketing thing could score the producers some cash.

Now the traditional mafia seems to be rare. Most organized crimes shows you find are not in a mafia format. Or they'll get close to it, but never go all the way. Most action main-frame shows are like that. Mob movies are still common, but they've tried to glamourize everything to fit the modern American culture. It's gay!

We need more shows like the Sopranos.

Bring on the mafia! I'm always into reading new ideas.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET