Home

Godfather 4 in 2007

Posted By: Don Vanchenzo

Godfather 4 in 2007 - 03/03/05 01:59 AM

I understand that Paramount has pitched the idea for Godfather IV in 2007 totally unrelated to the recent book. The new movie involves Vincent and flashbacks to what would have been if Sonny had lived as Padrino. Pacino is but an afterthought and Garcia and Caan would be the focus of the movie. The book's failure is responsible for the change in focus.

NOTE: I have this by NO reliable source and it is pure gossip unless I can hear otherwise from this site.
Posted By: Mignon

Re: Godfather 4 in 2007 - 03/03/05 02:33 AM

What is this world coming to? :rolleyes:
Posted By: Tom

Re: Godfather 4 in 2007 - 03/03/05 02:38 AM

Okay a I'm pro-GF4 but that story is not gunna fly, I'm hoping it's false.
Posted By: SC

Re: Godfather 4 in 2007 - 03/03/05 03:02 AM

That idea really sucks. The &^%$#@ damned movie studio is no better than Tattaglia .... they're a bunch of pimps!

They can't come up with a decent new storyline so they say, "Hey, lets see what happens if we try this". I hate the idea of "what-if" in a continuing saga. NOTE TO THE STUDIO - SONNY DIED AT THE TOLLBOOTH!!!

Ya wanna make a movie? OK, fine.... add on to the existing storyline to what already happened or go back into the past and expand on the story from there. DON'T concentrate on which stars were popular in previous episodes and hope the new story will fly. G*Damned movie studio execs trying to cash in on a star's "draw" rather than giving us a good story. BUNCH OF F*CKIN' PIMPS!!

(SC steps off his soapbox)
Posted By: Cancerkitty

Re: Godfather 4 in 2007 - 03/03/05 03:06 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by SC:
That idea really sucks. The &^%$#@ damned movie studio is no better than Tattaglia .... they're a bunch of pimps!

They can't come up with a decent new storyline so they say, "Hey, lets see what happens if we try this". I hate the idea of "what-if" in a continuing saga. NOTE TO THE STUDIO - SONNY DIED AT THE TOLLBOOTH!!!

Ya wanna make a movie? OK, fine.... add on to the existing storyline to what already happened or go back into the past and expand on the story from there. DON'T concentrate on which stars were popular in previous episodes and hope the new story will fly. G*Damned movie studio execs trying to cash in on a star's "draw" rather than giving us a good story. BUNCH OF F*CKIN' PIMPS!!

Amen!

Or here's a novel idea, instead of sequalizing/remaking everything ad infinitim, how about just coming up with a new idea? Wouldn't that be something?

The Godfather Saga was incredible, let it stay that way.

Re: Godfather 4 in 2007 - 03/03/05 03:41 AM

SC- Please don't get your blood pressure out of whack now. Maybe all of us BBer's can send those pimps at Paramount a email and tell them what they should make GF4 about and who should star in it.

Re: Godfather 4 in 2007 - 03/03/05 04:07 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Mignon:
SC- Please don't get your blood pressure out of whack now.

Watch, Mark Winegardner will write the screenplay.
Posted By: JustMe

Re: Godfather 4 in 2007 - 03/03/05 04:22 AM

SC - I'm with you now, SC, I'm with you!

Re: Godfather 4 in 2007 - 03/03/05 04:30 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by SC:
[quote]Originally posted by Mignon:
[b] SC- Please don't get your blood pressure out of whack now.

Watch, Mark Winegardner will write the screenplay. [/b][/quote]It will be ruined for sure then
Posted By: mr. soprano

Re: Godfather 4 in 2007 - 03/03/05 05:59 AM

im ready to cry...i really hope they don't go with that idea. and i agree with the notion that we should be sending in emails of what the movie should and should not be about. i for one trust our judgement better then the suites up at paramount.

i don't understand why they don't use the unfinished draft that puzo apparently started on, and have coppola finish the damn thing.
Posted By: Blake

Re: Godfather 4 in 2007 - 03/03/05 08:04 PM

I really really hope that isn't true.
Posted By: Don Cardi

Re: Godfather 4 in 2007 - 03/04/05 02:44 AM

Where did you hear this from?

Don Cardi
Posted By: DonMichaelCorleone

Re: Godfather 4 in 2007 - 03/04/05 08:25 AM

Quote:
NOTE TO THE STUDIO - SONNY DIED AT THE TOLLBOOTH!!!
I PRAY they don't try and "re-write" that scene. I.e.- the hit on the toolbooth was not a sucess and how Sonny reacted etc...

Re: Godfather 4 in 2007 - 03/04/05 09:41 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by DonMichaelCorleone:
[quote] NOTE TO THE STUDIO - SONNY DIED AT THE TOLLBOOTH!!!
I PRAY they don't try and "re-write" that scene. I.e.- the hit on the toolbooth was not a sucess and how Sonny reacted etc... [/quote]They'll have Weingardner re-write that so it appears that Clemenza ate a batch of bad sausages and he had a nightmare that Sonny was killed. It was all a dream! :rolleyes:
Posted By: The Italian Stallionette

Re: Godfather 4 in 2007 - 03/04/05 02:09 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by SC:
[quote]Originally posted by Mignon:
[b] SC- Please don't get your blood pressure out of whack now.

Watch, Mark Winegardner will write the screenplay. [/b][/quote] And they'll cast "The Rock" and Paris Hilton in the lead roles.

I still say, go back, not forward, if they are going to do this. I want the in-between years; Vito's climb to power.

TIS
Posted By: TheSicilian123

Re: Godfather 4 in 2007 - 03/05/05 06:09 AM

Godfather 4 could be a great thing or a bad thing. I heard that the guy from Titinic is going to play a young sonny
Posted By: The Iceman

Re: Godfather 4 in 2007 - 03/05/05 08:15 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by SC:

Don't hide your feelings SC let them out.

I'm kind of torn on whether or not there should be a GFIV.

Quote:
I heard that the guy from Titinic is going to play a young sonny
If this is the case then they had better not make a GFIV period. Cause it wouldn't matter if they did a back story or went forward cause either way it would suck.

Quote:
And they'll cast "The Rock" and Paris Hilton in the lead roles
Shame on you TIS that's not even funny.
Posted By: DonMichaelCorleone

Re: Godfather 4 in 2007 - 03/05/05 11:27 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by The Italian Stallionette:

Paris Hilton in the lead roles.

I wouldn't consider Lucy Mancini a lead role
:p
Posted By: Peter_Clemenza

Re: Godfather 4 in 2007 - 03/06/05 01:08 PM

I would very much like to see Leonardo DiCaprio The Godfather IV, but an entire movie based on Santino Corleone's past is not something that would interest me.
Posted By: Pippi De Lena

Re: Godfather 4 in 2007 - 03/07/05 06:49 AM

This sounds like a very bad idea and I'm sure that Mark will probablly write the screenplay but here are some good ideas.

1. You could take what Puzo has already written about Godfather 4 and let Coopola work from that.

2. You could have a movie where you show what's happening to Vincent in the present after being the Don for 20 some years and also have some flashbacks to the rise of the young Vito Corleone as he could still be played by Robert DeNiro and there is enough unused material in the origional Novel to make a good story. You could also have Vincent being advised by present Day Micheal before he died and maybe even show Mary's funeral as a starting point.

Pippi
Posted By: svsg

Re: Godfather 4 in 2007 - 03/07/05 05:36 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by DonMichaelCorleone:
[quote]Originally posted by The Italian Stallionette:
[b]
Paris Hilton in the lead roles.

I wouldn't consider Lucy Mancini a lead role
:p [/b][/quote]If Lucy Mancini is the woman with whom Sonny has sex during Connie's wedding, then Paris is a bad choice. She has to go for silicon implants to look like that woman
Posted By: dontomasso

Re: Godfather 4 in 2007 - 03/07/05 06:53 PM

I think it should be a musical with Nathan Lane, Bette Midler and Harvey Fierstein
Posted By: micky2guns the barber

Re: Godfather 4 in 2007 - 03/07/05 07:28 PM

i always felt if they were to continue the series on film that, present day might be the way to go. 20-25 years after Vincent takes over, hell maybe even from when michael Dies(what year was that? 92?) Anyways have that be the begining, and then Focus on the fall of the Corleones. have the movie focus not so much on Vincent, but on a Capo, or just buttonman, and his everyday struggles in the most famous mafia family in the world. i think A story kline that ends the saga would give some closure. and that opens things up for any flashback that seems to be the running theme here.
Posted By: Krlea

Re: Godfather 4 in 2007 - 03/07/05 10:14 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by SC:
[QUOTE]They'll have Weingardner re-write that so it appears that Clemenza ate a batch of bad sausages and he had a nightmare that Sonny was killed. It was all a dream! :rolleyes:
HA HA HA HA

I cannot believe they are thinking of doing this. I'm one of those people that think the 3rd was bad enough.
Posted By: long_lost_corleone

Re: Godfather 4 in 2007 - 03/10/05 12:56 AM

We ought to do as the hippies do; get naked, and have a nude sit-in... Yeah. That'll teach them.

500 distressed naked movie-geeks has to mean something to them

*For the record, I hate hippies.

Re: Godfather 4 in 2007 - 03/10/05 04:23 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by long_lost_corleone:
We ought to do as the hippies do; get naked, and have a nude sit-in...
Could we wait until summer?
Posted By: Rudik

Re: Godfather 4 in 2007 - 03/10/05 09:58 PM

My idea on GF4 should be this. They should put Sonny's past on there but as flashbacks only not for long time. Like they did with vito in gf2. But i think they should deal with vincent and sonny real son from theresa. I think that would be an intersting plot. And they should also have flashbacks of mary's death to michaels.
Posted By: long_lost_corleone

Re: Godfather 4 in 2007 - 03/10/05 09:58 PM

I personally prefer my testicles to not be frozen, so yes...
Posted By: Don Sonny Corleone

Re: Godfather 4 in 2007 - 03/12/05 02:56 AM

This is the bad part of the internet. People can own there own websites and post garbage like this all the time. If, in fact, this is what will be happening, I think it will bomb worse than the book :rolleyes:

Re: Godfather 4 in 2007 - 03/13/05 05:18 AM

yeah it might bomb, but i still think every single one of us will be there waiting on opening night with hopes of a classic on our hands.
if only that phrase wasn't caused by the toxic fumes coming from my newly painted room
god, i really dont' want them to fuck up on a fourth one if they make it

but let me point out that i notice the godfather portion of this forum has started to heat up again...so who knows...that could be a sign of things to come.
Posted By: The Bull

Re: Godfather 4 in 2007 - 03/19/05 03:04 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by micky2guns the barber:
i always felt if they were to continue the series on film that, present day might be the way to go. 20-25 years after Vincent takes over, hell maybe even from when michael Dies(what year was that? 92?) Anyways have that be the begining, and then Focus on the fall of the Corleones. have the movie focus not so much on Vincent, but on a Capo, or just buttonman, and his everyday struggles in the most famous mafia family in the world. i think A story kline that ends the saga would give some closure. and that opens things up for any flashback that seems to be the running theme here.
I think this is the best idea.
Posted By: Sonny DiCosca

Re: Godfather 4 in 2007 - 03/23/05 08:22 PM

I think it's a great ideas, especially because Sonny was my favorite character and Nick Geraci was ausome.

Re: Godfather 4 in 2007 - 03/23/05 09:04 PM

I dont think I would like to see the fall of the corleones

Re: Godfather 4 in 2007 - 03/24/05 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by TheSicilian123:
I dont think I would like to see the fall of the corleones
Yes, but maby after they fall then a new Family will take over, and the new Family will start a new Godfather era'.

Re: Godfather 4 in 2007 - 03/24/05 03:13 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Sonny DiCosca:
[quote]Originally posted by TheSicilian123:
[b] I dont think I would like to see the fall of the corleones
Yes, but maby after they fall then a new Family will take over, and the new Family will start a new Godfather era'. [/b][/quote]yeah, but i want to see the corleons. not some other family pulled out of the wood works.
Posted By: DeathByClotheshanger

Re: Godfather 4 in 2007 - 03/24/05 07:32 PM

Go back and listen to the commentary at the end of Part III, right as Michael dies and falls off the chair and the credits roll. FFC talks about the idea of a Part IV and then mentions that Puzo's death is pretty much what stopped it.

I think the idea of showing Vincent controlling the family with young Sonny flashbacks is a good way to go. Probably the best. The problem is, is that The Godfather is about Michael Corleone and Michael wouldn't have much of a role, if any, in a Part IV.

And who wouldn't want Leonard DiCaprio in a Part IV? He's one of the best young(er) actors out there today.

Oh and if there is a Part IV, you've got to find a way to put Benecio Del Toro in it too. That guy's great and has a face for the Godfather movies if I ever saw one.

Re: Godfather 4 in 2007 - 03/24/05 07:47 PM

honestly....if they make a part four they better kill off every single one in the corleone empire because there is no way in HELL i want to see a fifth one. this is my peace...i am done.
Posted By: dontomasso

Re: Godfather 4 in 2007 - 03/24/05 08:31 PM

No. GF III pushed it as far as it should go. There can be too much of a good thing, and GF 4 should never be done. And whats this I am hearing about Rocky 6???

Re: Godfather 4 in 2007 - 03/24/05 08:46 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by dontomasso:
No. GF III pushed it as far as it should go. There can be too much of a good thing, and GF 4 should never be done. And whats this I am hearing about Rocky 6???
But, but, think about Sonny and Nicky.
Posted By: Enzo Scifo

Re: Godfather 4 in 2007 - 03/24/05 10:33 PM

But what about Robert De Niro? He has to have a rol in it, and if they wait for another 10 years, then he'll be like 70. Make-up can do a lot, but if he has to act a 40-year old Vito? I don't know.

Re: Godfather 4 in 2007 - 03/25/05 02:47 PM

It's already too late. A Part IV will never happen. Enjoy the video game that's coming out later this year and watch the movies/read the book once a year.

Forget TGR ever happened.
Posted By: Fanucci Al-Fredo

Re: Godfather 4 in 2007 - 03/27/05 07:00 PM

Quote:
The new movie involves Vincent and flashbacks to what would have been if Sonny had lived as Padrino. Pacino is but an afterthought and Garcia and Caan would be the focus of the movie. The book's failure is responsible for the change in focus.
I think that plot line is based on the upcoming Godfather game. which is out around 06' or so.
Posted By: Fanucci Al-Fredo

Re: Godfather 4 in 2007 - 03/27/05 07:02 PM

sorry, never read the post that preceded mine.

Re: Godfather 4 in 2007 - 03/27/05 07:40 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Fanucci Al-Fredo:
[quote]The new movie involves Vincent and flashbacks to what would have been if Sonny had lived as Padrino. Pacino is but an afterthought and Garcia and Caan would be the focus of the movie. The book's failure is responsible for the change in focus.
I think that plot line is based on the upcoming Godfather game. which is out around 06' or so. [/quote]I heard the game was about a soilder just making his bones and going along with the family and stuff like that.
Posted By: Ryot

Re: Godfather 4 in 2007 - 04/07/05 04:29 AM

Personally, I'd rather see a movie based on "The Family" than a "GF4". At least Puzo wrote most of "The Family"...
Posted By: Tony Kyprianou

Re: Godfather 4 in 2007 - 04/07/05 02:29 PM

They should just re-do The Sicilian (Properly)

Re: Godfather 4 in 2007 - 04/07/05 03:17 PM

Yeah, remake The Sicilian, or turn Fools Die or Omerta into a movie.

Re: Godfather 4 in 2007 - 04/07/05 07:25 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by DeathByClotheshanger:
Yeah, remake The Sicilian, or turn Fools Die or Omerta into a movie.
Ya. The Sicilian would be great.
Posted By: Ryot

Re: Godfather 4 in 2007 - 04/07/05 11:02 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Sonny DiCosca:
[quote]Originally posted by DeathByClotheshanger:
[b] Yeah, remake The Sicilian, or turn Fools Die or Omerta into a movie.
Ya. The Sicilian would be great. [/b][/quote]I've gotta agree. The Sicilian was a bloody fantastic book.
Posted By: don vencent

Re: Godfather 4 in 2007 - 04/08/05 07:46 PM

who's nicky do you mean vincent
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET