Home

Vito's Mole

Posted By: DonGenco

Vito's Mole - 01/16/05 03:17 AM

In The Godfather, the sight of Marlon Brando as Don Vito Corleone was magnifesent-pretty much the best makeup work I have ever seen in a movie-ever. However, they could never have anticipated that a second movie would be made and that the movie would star Robert De Niro as the Godfather and that he would claim his own fame with his famous mole on his right cheek.
Now, as far as movies go, Vito's mole absence in the 1st Godfather is just another glitch that is bound to happen in film-making. But as far as the story goes, did Vito, maybe have cancer? It is the only thing that I can think of that would cause him, through the years, to lose his mole. Now, it wasn't in the book, but neither was Vincent Mancini, do you think that they would adress this in making a 4th Godfather?

By the way, I am a long time observer of the sight and have finally decided to get involved in posting so hello everyone!
Posted By: Blake

Re: Vito's Mole - 01/16/05 10:10 AM

Welcome! That is just plain not knowing they would make a second one and having DeNiro play the part as you said I think. They did make the young boy Vito have a mole though. I have read the book and I don't recall him getting cancer.
Posted By: MistaMista_Tom_Hagen

Re: Vito's Mole - 01/16/05 10:57 AM

nah, no mention of cancer for old Don Vito.

It was that little grandson of his that killed him.

It says in the book that Barzini made a deal with little Anthony Corleone that Anthony would put poison in the plant-sprayer thing, spray Don Vito and kill him, and then when Anthony grew up Barzini would hook him with an Opera contract.

Posted By: SC

Re: Vito's Mole - 01/16/05 02:17 PM

The mole was shot off in the assassination attempt on Vito in the mid 30's.

Welcome to the boards.
Posted By: DonGenco

Re: Vito's Mole - 01/16/05 05:27 PM

Ahhh, an assasination attempt, okay, thanks guys.
Posted By: dontomasso

Re: Vito's Mole - 03/15/05 08:50 PM

Actually the mole was removed by the same plastic surgeon who fixed Michael's face after he returned from Sicily. The Corleones had done a favor for that doctor and he owed them big time.

I don't think Vito ever had cancer. After surviving all those shots, he lived for several years, and his only vice was sipping more wine than he used to. He didnt smoke, and he ate a lot of tomatoes and other healthy food prepared by mama Corleone so that reduced his risk.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET