Home

are they gonna make a new gf?

Posted By: jordyallen101

are they gonna make a new gf? - 12/14/04 05:59 PM

are they gonna make a new gf, or is this board here for our fantasies?
Posted By: EnzoBaker

Re: are they gonna make a new gf? - 12/15/04 08:44 AM

As of right now, just fantasy, but every once in a while you hear rumors that something might be in the works.

Coppola is pretty lukewarm about it. (That is, he has vacillated between saying 'maybe someday,' and 'no freakin way.') Puzo was very much in favor of it, before his death.

Some of the principal actors involved - DeNiro and Andy Garcia - have said they would be interested. Pacino and Shire have been noncommittal, although reportedly, Pacino recently seemed interested.

Of course, Coppolla does not own the franchise - Paramount does. Ultimately, it's up to them.
Posted By: Abbyanna

Re: are they gonna make a new gf? - 12/29/04 08:51 PM

^^ Thank you for the info. I wasnt sure either.
Posted By: Martin Sbalzi

Re: are they gonna make a new gf? - 01/14/05 11:24 PM

If they released another movie, none of the original family members would be alive. Santino, Frederico and Michael died, leaving Vincent Mancini as the main character. I would find that very boring.
Posted By: Tom

Re: are they gonna make a new gf? - 01/25/05 02:17 AM

it could still show michael before he died
Posted By: Martin Sbalzi

Re: are they gonna make a new gf? - 01/25/05 09:48 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Tom:
it could still show michael before he died
I would still find that very boring. The Godfather trilogy showed Michael in his prime, making his bones and doing anything exciting during his life basically. What would be left so show?
Posted By: Don Sonny Corleone

Re: are they gonna make a new gf? - 01/31/05 02:38 AM

If you read some of the other threads in this forum you'd see that a lot of people favor the Vinnie storyline with young Sonny flashbacks. It would be very similar to GF2's structure.
Posted By: Debz

Re: are they gonna make a new gf? - 02/24/05 07:45 PM

Aw that would be a great idea... i'd like too see more of the gaps filled in like sonnys childhood and perhaps more of don micheal before his death..sounds good
Posted By: Enzo Scifo

Re: are they gonna make a new gf? - 03/27/05 04:37 PM

Flashbacks (at least 30%-40% of the movie): Everything between 1927, and 1941. Showing Vito, Santino, Genco, Tessio, Pentangeli, Clemenza. And Tom.

Actual Story (between Michael's death and a few years later): Vincenzo, ...

Or maybe: 1960 - 1978, or maybe: 1981 - Michael's death.

So much to show... GF V???
Posted By: DeathByClotheshanger

Re: are they gonna make a new gf? - 03/28/05 09:39 PM

Centering a Godfather movie on anyone else than Michael Corleone would be bastardizing the movies.

The original Godfather wasn't really about Michael per se, but without Michael, the movie would be empty.

It could be done, but even if Part IV was perfect, it would still be about half as good as Part III.
Posted By: olivant

Re: are they gonna make a new gf? - 04/03/05 01:52 AM

Actually, the storyline for GFIV has already been sold to Paramount. The story line is that Vincent is actually a busboy in the restaurant where Michael killed Sollozzo where alot of wiseguys hung out. He used to overhear their stories, etc. and fantasized the entire Trilogy. As luck would have it one day he's cleaning off the table of a Paramount guy who's scouting locations for a new film and Vinnie starts talking to him and relating his fantasy. Paramount buys the rights and the rest is history!

Re: are they gonna make a new gf? - 04/05/05 02:01 PM

:rolleyes:
Posted By: dontomasso

Re: are they gonna make a new gf? - 04/05/05 05:06 PM

Michael is unable to run the family after Mary's death, and Vincent who is not sophisticated in financial matters makes a series of bad decisions, and the family goes broke. Anthony's singing career goes nowhere, and with Johnny FOntaine's help he gets a gig in a B-list Mickey Mouse Nightclub somewhere and barely ekes out a living. Kay's husband Douglas dies, also broke, and she moves into a trailer with Connie. Vincent goes back to the street trying to run some cheap hustles and gets killed when he happens to be an innocent bystander where a drg deal goes bad. At the end of the movie, therefore the Corleone family is finally legitimate.

Re: are they gonna make a new gf? - 04/05/05 07:11 PM

:rolleyes:
Posted By: Sonny DiCosca

Re: are they gonna make a new gf? - 04/05/05 07:39 PM

One thing that creeped me out is seeing someone looking very similar to Sonny at the end of Godfather 2. That was wierd.
Posted By: olivant

Re: are they gonna make a new gf? - 04/07/05 02:48 AM

Okay Tomasso, that's a pretty good storyline. Pretty funny too. But, what I am waiting for is The Godfather - The Lost Episodes.
Posted By: Joolsie Cappucetti

Re: are they gonna make a new gf? - 05/11/05 11:35 PM

I was just wondering if Puzo's rough drafts for a fourth GF film were available anywhere on the internet? You know how on the Bonus Material DVD he says he's written half the script for a prequel focusing on Sonny? Or maybe Paramount are keeping it under wraps in case they ever want to roll it out... :rolleyes:
Posted By: Moscarelli

Re: are they gonna make a new gf? - 05/11/05 11:41 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Joolsie Cappucetti:
I was just wondering if Puzo's rough drafts for a fourth GF film were available anywhere on the internet? You know how on the Bonus Material DVD he says he's written half the script for a prequel focusing on Sonny? Or maybe Paramount are keeping it under wraps in case they ever want to roll it out... :rolleyes:
Yes, paramount has all the rights of the film and Puzo's script. and are keeping it for a reason. They must believe that there is still a chance for a fourth Godfather.

Re: are they gonna make a new gf? - 05/12/05 01:44 PM

Chances are that the only evidence that the GF Part 4 would be made is a few phone discussions between Puzo and FFC, maybe a face to face or two and some notes scribbled on napkins.

I don't think Part 4 ever got to the script stage. The only way to find out what was planned would be to kidnap FFC and threaten to burn his winery in order to make him confess what he and Mario had planned for a Part IV.

But I do know it involved a plotline similar to Part II with Vincent in the future and young Sonny flashbacks. In that case I'm kind of glad they didn't get around to making it... this trilogy is about the rise and fall of Michael.

Re: are they gonna make a new gf? - 05/13/05 06:45 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by DeathByClotheshanger:
I don't think Part 4 ever got to the script stage. The only way to find out what was planned would be to kidnap FFC and threaten to burn his winery in order to make him confess what he and Mario had planned for a Part IV.

Geez...thats a bit extreme dontcha think?
Posted By: Moscarelli

Re: are they gonna make a new gf? - 05/13/05 07:04 PM

Quote:
But I do know it involved a plotline similar to Part II with Vincent in the future and young Sonny flashbacks. In that case I'm kind of glad they didn't get around to making it... this trilogy is about the rise and fall of Michael.
Well, from what I remember from the commentary of The Godfather III on the DVD, Coppola and Puzo had an idea to do the whole flashback thing with Sonny and have the semi-modern part of the film be focused on Michael and his relationship with Vincent. Now he didn't say much about it, but I think that the main character would still be Michael. Supposedly it would lead right up to Michael giving Vincent on final piece of advice and the sitting down in his garden before dying.

I think, though, the best thing that Coppola should do if he ever decides to make a forth Godftaher is look over the boards very thoroughly...although that may make him rethink his decision...

Re: are they gonna make a new gf? - 05/15/05 05:29 PM

I can only say: If Part IV isn't going to be better than Part III, then it shouldn't be made.

Re: are they gonna make a new gf? - 05/16/05 01:42 PM

I remember during the summer of 1998 or 1999, USA Today ran a poll asking who should play a young Sonny in the newly rumored Part IV. The choices were Leonardo DiCaprio, Ben Affleck, Scott Speedman and Scottt Caan. Leonardo DiCaprio won in a landslide.

I saved that clipping for the longest time knowing that the chances of a Part IV making it to the big screen were pretty slim.

Re: are they gonna make a new gf? - 05/16/05 05:05 PM

Winning in a landslide, is that like a close call, or does it mean there was no competition for Leonardo.
Posted By: long_lost_corleone

Re: are they gonna make a new gf? - 05/17/05 12:30 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Martin Sbalzi:
[quote]Originally posted by Tom:
[b] it could still show michael before he died
I would still find that very boring. The Godfather trilogy showed Michael in his prime, making his bones and doing anything exciting during his life basically. What would be left so show? [/b][/quote]But the film could be primarily based around the family helping Michael through an illness, and crime-related problems surrounding the family during michael's illness. In the end, it would catch up to the last scene of GFIII, filling a major plot-hole. It would, in a way, mirror the original GF, in which Vito is shot and must be tended to.
Posted By: fathersson

Re: are they gonna make a new gf? - 05/17/05 06:46 PM

Quote:
I remember during the summer of 1998 or 1999, USA Today ran a poll asking who should play a young Sonny in the newly rumored Part IV. The choices were Leonardo DiCaprio, Ben Affleck, Scott Speedman and Scottt Caan. Leonardo DiCaprio won in a landslide.

I saved that clipping for the longest time knowing that the chances of a Part IV making it to the big screen were pretty slim.
My old man talks about a time when they were talking about having John Travolta play Michaels son. Now we are talking years and years ago,he was alot younger.

Re: are they gonna make a new gf? - 05/18/05 04:16 PM

John Travolta was once attached to Part III, I don't know in what regard it would have been... I think he would have been too old to play Anthony back in 1990. He was in Look Who's Talking Too that year and was too old for the part.
Posted By: fathersson

Re: are they gonna make a new gf? - 05/19/05 02:23 AM

Yes, but I think he was to play him when he was older and then was involed with the family business. Instead they have Andy Garcia.

Re: are they gonna make a new gf? - 05/19/05 01:57 PM

Quote:
John Travolta was once attached to Part III, I don't know in what regard it would have been... I think he would have been too old to play Anthony back in 1990. He was in Look Who's Talking Too that year and was too old for the part.
The trouble with Travolta is that every other movie he makes is a bomb. He ruined the Chili Palmer role in the sequel to Get Shorty, and I would not trust him with a GF movie...even a GF IV which I stronngly oppose.
Posted By: TheSicilian123

Re: are they gonna make a new gf? - 05/19/05 03:39 PM

It will be a big peice of crap with out him anyways. Even worce with him in it!
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET