Home

A Possible villian

Posted By: The Lost Don

A Possible villian - 07/20/04 05:40 AM

A young relative of Barzini could be the primary villian of the corleones in the 80s to 90s part. He could be seeking possible revenge or he can take out all the other dons or the main don in search of power(besides vincent obviously) He can also be killed in the same way sonny was. I think that would be pretty cool.
Posted By: DeathByClotheshanger

Re: A Possible villian - 07/20/04 01:33 PM

When UB and I have been writing out Part IV script, we've made it a point to keep the references to the old movies to a minimum. If a Part IV is going to work, it's going to need to work by itself. While Parts II and III did have references to the movies before, they had original villains and they limited references to earlier movies and more importantly, they told a good story and worked on their own.

Now you can reference the older movies, and use them in any new story, but be careful because you could just end up recycling what we've already seen before.
Posted By: Don Sonny Corleone

Re: A Possible villian - 07/21/04 02:53 AM

I have to agree w/ clotheshanger. Although it would be a good referance to the first films, are we really supposed to believe there are only a certain # of mob guys to surface in NY that they're all related to Corleone enemies?
Posted By: The Lost Don

Re: A Possible villian - 07/21/04 03:09 AM

well the Corleones are still around. I mean the Barzini family doesn't just disappear because the Head of the family got killed. His descendants have to be some where.
Posted By: EnzoBaker

Re: A Possible villian - 07/21/04 06:47 AM

I would do it, but try not to over-rely on this plot device. For instance I think it would have been good in GF III if one of the capos operating under Don Lucchesi in Italy turned out to be a grandson of Don Ciccio (maybe the No. 2 guy ready to take over in the event of Lucchesi's death, pointing of course toward GF IV).

But you can go to this well too often. Once or twice a movie maybe, that's enough.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET