Home

GIVE ME SOME INFO

Posted By: Santino Felice

GIVE ME SOME INFO - 07/12/04 01:40 AM

Not to ruin everyones fantasy but i keep hearing that Puzo, and FFC didnt plan to make a GF4 and that it was all talk, can someone prove to me that they are planning a GF4
Posted By: Freddie C.

Re: GIVE ME SOME INFO - 07/12/04 01:46 AM

Puzo wrote half the script before he died, but that has been just sitting somewhere for over 5 years now. I don't think there is any proof, just speculation.
Posted By: EnzoBaker

Re: GIVE ME SOME INFO - 07/12/04 05:40 AM

In the DVD package, Puzo was quoted at quite some length that he did indeed want a GF IV to be made. He said he worked on a script and had about half of it done, presumably based on several chapters in the GF novel, not covered in I, II or III. Supposedly Pacino, DeNiro, and Andy Garcia, have all seen these scripts.

Coppola has been at best lukewarm toward the idea of a GF IV. Sometimes he has said flat out, "no, it will never happen," other times he has been somewhat more ambivalent. His latest statements are that he "has no plans" to get involved in a GF IV.

But Paramount has the final say-so, and people change their minds. So who knows?
Posted By: DeathByClotheshanger

Re: GIVE ME SOME INFO - 07/12/04 01:43 PM

FFC comments on a Part IV on the commentary at the end of Part IV during the credits.

I think it was a definite possibility if FFC acknowledges it.
Posted By: XDCX

Re: GIVE ME SOME INFO - 07/12/04 05:22 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by EnzoBaker:
In the DVD package, Puzo was quoted at quite some length that he did indeed want a GF IV to be made. He said he worked on a script and had about half of it done, presumably based on several chapters in the GF novel, not covered in I, II or III. Supposedly Pacino, DeNiro, and Andy Garcia, have all seen these scripts.

Coppola has been at best lukewarm toward the idea of a GF IV. Sometimes he has said flat out, "no, it will never happen," other times he has been somewhat more ambivalent. His latest statements are that he "has no plans" to get involved in a GF IV.

But Paramount has the final say-so, and people change their minds. So who knows?
"But Paramount has the final say-so." That's the key right there. Paramount owns The Godfather brand. It seems it may be coming to fruition, though. The popularity of The Godfather films is on the rise again, what with the re-release of the DVDs seperately, the new book coming out, and the confirmation of a game. Sounds like they may be building up for a grand finale....
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET