Home

GF4 with Sofia as Mary

Posted By: Chilltown

GF4 with Sofia as Mary - 03/14/04 01:10 AM

My question is:
If there is a GF 4 and there is a grand flashback (fantasy) scene that has been rumored in the past to include as many alumni as possible, would you be opposed to sofia coppola making a return as mary?
I definitely would not disagree with the decision especially since she is hollywoods "it" girl.
Posted By: Don Sonny Corleone

Re: GF4 with Sofia as Mary - 03/14/04 03:03 AM

I dont care if she's hollywood's "it" girl or not, SHE CANNOT ACT!!!!!!!!! She might be able to direct, but she cant act her way out of a paper bag.
Posted By: Don'tForgetTheCannolis

Re: GF4 with Sofia as Mary - 03/14/04 09:00 PM

I totally agree with you Sonny, shes terrible stay behind the camera.
Posted By: EnzoBaker

Re: GF4 with Sofia as Mary - 03/14/04 09:48 PM

I don't think she was all that horrible, but it's clear from her interviews, etc. that Sofia has little interest in ever reprising the Mary character.

And a "grand flashback" scene -- what would be the point of that? Get Brando at the age of 80 to come back and wave at the camera? Caan and Andy Garcia to arm wrestle? Simonetta Stefanelli to do a topless scene to show us what Apollonia would look like at the age of 50?
Posted By: Bella_Dana

Re: GF4 with Sofia as Mary - 03/15/04 01:26 PM

she better be behind the camera, sorry but she cannot act.
Posted By: Don Lights

Re: GF4 with Sofia as Mary - 03/15/04 10:16 PM

Sophia Coppola has plenty of other projects she wants to do and now has the opportunity to pursue them after her success with Lost in Translation. She wouldn't want to be Mary again and I agree with most people that she should continue writing, directing, producing, therefore staying off the camera and working behind it.
Posted By: hadeer

Re: GF4 with Sofia as Mary - 05/17/04 12:13 AM

Hey! I'm back!!!
Posted By: Dirty Blonde

Re: GF4 with Sofia as Mary - 05/21/04 09:38 PM

I despised her in GFIII, but she is an excellent director.
Posted By: Double-J

Re: GF4 with Sofia as Mary - 05/21/04 10:53 PM

She wasn't terrible, but she certainly wasn't good. I thought she did bring a bit of the genuine feel to the part though. Plus I just don't like Winona Ryder. :p
Posted By: Patches

Re: GF4 with Sofia as Mary - 05/31/04 01:20 AM

ugh-i cannot stand Winona Ryder.
Maybe Sofia has had an acting coach since then...
Posted By: neo8601

Re: GF4 with Sofia as Mary - 07/03/04 06:07 AM

ill have to say the girl can't act, and after viewing that movie with bill murray, she can't really direct all that well either
Posted By: Santino Felice

Re: GF4 with Sofia as Mary - 07/04/04 01:07 AM

Who cares about Mary's role anyway be concerened about Sonny, he's the one the flashbacks should revolve around!
Posted By: Patrick

Re: GF4 with Sofia as Mary - 07/04/04 06:17 PM

I thought Sofia was one of the main reasons I couldn't rate Part III higher. Her acting was HORRIBLE. -Pat
Posted By: UnderBoss

Re: GF4 with Sofia as Mary - 07/05/04 05:03 AM

She was 18 at the time and massively inexperience, her only qualifiication as i see it was she was half wasp/half itialian and her relationship to FFC. I personally don't put much weight in her acting and idealize it as it is acted to compensate for any lack. But I don't think she would make a good addition to GF IV since her character isn't well recepted or thought of in general by GF fans.
Posted By: EnzoBaker

Re: GF4 with Sofia as Mary - 07/05/04 05:00 PM

Plus, her character was quite emphatically killed off in GF III.

I don't think Sofia Coppolla has to worry very much about being asked to play Mary again.
Posted By: UnderBoss

Re: GF4 with Sofia as Mary - 07/05/04 06:58 PM

The assassian was to appauled by her acting that he turned the gun last minute on her although his mark was Michael. :p
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET