Home

Totally New Plot Direction for GF4?

Posted By: Signore Sole Aumentante

Totally New Plot Direction for GF4? - 02/06/04 12:52 AM

I was thinking about what the plot for Part 4 could be in the half that continues the story after Part III with Vincent as Don....

all successful film sagas always go in a new direction after a few films.

Perhaps in GF4, instead of the Family going against another one of the New York famalies and their Don, the Corleones will be involved in a war with the Russian Mafia or the Colombian Drug Mafia. I would like to see the Corleones kick the Russians ass or Colombians ass this time instead of another Italian family. Perhaps the Italian famalies would align against an outside mafia.
Posted By: Alexander Kokotas

Re: Totally New Plot Direction for GF4? - 08/25/04 09:47 PM

Brilliant take in my opinion. However, since Vincent is gonna be the Don who regains the Family and puts it back to crime, who's gonna be heading Immobiliaire? That troubles me, actually...
Posted By: DeathByClotheshanger

Re: Totally New Plot Direction for GF4? - 08/26/04 01:42 PM

Might as well have the Corleone's find Osama Bin Laden at this point and give him a Sicilian neck-tie...

I hate to say it, but the Godfather stories have all but been maxed out. They've pretty much used all the themes that would be used in a Part IV, fall from grace, loss of innocence, getting pulled back into the crime world, lost love, lost family, etc...

The only thing that I can see would be putting a nail in the Corloene family's coffin. Just tear the rest of them apart and kill them all off. Cap the film off with a shot of the family from Connie's wedding.

It's getting to the point of "why bother?", but it is fun to try to come up with a good reason for a Part IV.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET