Home

Why disgrace greatness witha fourth movie?

Posted By: Don Malski

Why disgrace greatness witha fourth movie? - 01/30/04 12:30 AM

When I first read about the rumor of a fourth godfather I was less than enthusiased to say the least. I mean come on how can the fourth come anywhere near the others. With the ideas that have been put out for the possbile script, personally I think they would disgrace the others. This whole idea of a fourth movie needs to be put to rest for good.
Posted By: Don Lights

Re: Why disgrace greatness witha fourth movie? - 01/30/04 01:38 AM

you better hope the Mario Puzo estate whoever that is will not allow Paramount to make a fourth movie then.
Posted By: Mario Anthony

Re: Why disgrace greatness witha fourth movie? - 02/03/04 06:22 PM

The idea of The Godfather Part IV should not be discounted. The fact that Part III was a little less than successful should not disuade Coppola from approaching the project.

If it were to fail does not diminish the first two movies. If it does happen I just hope Coppola starts with a completed script. The problem with III and to some extent II is that Coppola started without a finished script. Apocalypse Now suffered the same fate.

If Coppola were to work on a dual structured script, similar to II I think he can create a good film. Lets face it, he hasn't had a really successful film, artistically, in a number of years.

Stop beating dead hourses Francis (come on - One from the Heart) and make a real movie again - in the classic style.
Posted By: hadeer

Re: Why disgrace greatness witha fourth movie? - 02/04/04 12:13 AM

anything godfather related will make me happy
Posted By: Bella_Dana

Re: Why disgrace greatness witha fourth movie? - 02/04/04 01:50 PM

i don't think there should be one more movie about the godfather. i just think that the first 2 movies part 1 and 2 were the best and the third wasn't that good, so why doin a fourth and risk to mess all up?
Posted By: Charlie M

Re: Why disgrace greatness witha fourth movie? - 02/10/04 07:57 AM

totally agree, why disgrace the greatest movie trilogy of all time?
Posted By: archangel144

Re: Why disgrace greatness witha fourth movie? - 02/10/04 05:00 PM

I am not too excited, although I will see it when it comes out. I have a good idea that it will be a huge flop. Basically, they will screw it up. I would put money down on it.
Posted By: Don Lights

Re: Why disgrace greatness witha fourth movie? - 02/10/04 08:04 PM

who says Paramountis making even a fourth film? No news source or website reported this. Some of you sound as if they are already in pre-production phase for the film.
Posted By: Buttapcanrican

Re: Why disgrace greatness witha fourth movie? - 02/10/04 09:23 PM

To make a forth film would chepen the original 3..Part three was medicocre (imo) but at least it showed what eventaully happened to Michael and the family
Posted By: EnzoBaker

Re: Why disgrace greatness witha fourth movie? - 02/10/04 09:25 PM

I think there are enough rumblings that it could be considered a "possibility."

If done right IMO there are some interesting things that could be done with the story lines. But regardless of how well a GF IV might turn out, it makes no difference to the status of I and II. If IV turned out to be a bomb or if it turned out to be a masterpiece, ultimately would do nothing to detract from I and II.
Posted By: The Sicilian

Re: Why disgrace greatness witha fourth movie? - 02/13/04 02:48 AM

How creepy would a fishing scene be in Godfather 4...Fredo catching all the fish...
someone make that movie already...
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET