Home

Follow Alien's lead

Posted By: Zasa

Follow Alien's lead - 11/17/02 10:43 PM

I was watching the Alien Saga special on AMc a few days ago, and it came to me that the Aliens franchise was in a similar state as The Godfather is in now. Two megablockbuster first movies (Alien, Aliens) a lackluster threequel (Alien 3) and a much acclaimed and original fourth (Alien: Ressurection)
The people behind Aliens decided to reclaim the films status by making a fourth, because the third was not well recieved. They got a whole new writer for the treatment and director than the other three and bam you have yourself a hit movie. They also enlisted the services of a bunch of acclaimed character actors. Even though Godfather and Alien are two very different movies, I think if they used this method at making a fourth it could work, just a thought.
Posted By: Pherdy

Re: Follow Alien's lead - 11/19/02 07:21 PM

as much as this scenario sounds good I think not only the movies are different, but also the situation, as for the wrier, director, composers, producers, actors etc. Some of them are too old, some are dead.....I'm afraid it wont work for GF
Posted By: Turi Giuliano

Re: Follow Alien's lead - 11/20/02 05:17 PM

I think it's quite a plausible and sensible idea in theory. "In theory communism works...." To qoute Homer J Simpson.

Anyway, that idea raised my eyebrows, clever idea Zaza.
Posted By: The Spanish Inquisition

Re: Follow Alien's lead - 11/24/02 04:52 AM

Actually, the general opinion is that the 4th Alien's movie was the worst of the whole saga.
Posted By: Snake

Re: Follow Alien's lead - 11/24/02 02:10 PM

Interesting parallel, Zasa. I'd say anything's possible. Perhaps a GF IV would be lauded by both a whole new audience and us older fans. It could conceivably start another Godfather frenzy, if it's done right, that is.
Posted By: Zasa

Re: Follow Alien's lead - 11/27/02 01:04 AM

I've always heard that the worst Alien was definately the third, as it was hyped to be something that it wasn't. i've seen all the Alien movies, and I feel the same way. Reserection really played to certain human insecurities, and thus was good in its own right.
Posted By: The Italian Stallionette

Re: Follow Alien's lead - 11/27/02 02:30 AM

This probably has been posted before, and perhaps I should know this, but has there ever been any other movie sequel that did as well (or maybe better) than the first or is GF the first??

TIS
Posted By: The Spanish Inquisition

Re: Follow Alien's lead - 11/27/02 04:51 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Zasa:
I've always heard that the worst Alien was definately the third, as it was hyped to be something that it wasn't. i've seen all the Alien movies, and I feel the same way. Reserection really played to certain human insecurities, and thus was good in its own right.
There's many reasons why I feel this movie is the worst but the biggest is because Ripley is not herself anymore. Instead of the strong, real heroine we have followed through the films, she becomes a goofy, unemotional, one note character that we can no longer identify with.

Quote:
Originally posted by The Italian Stallionette:
This probably has been posted before, and perhaps I should know this, but has there ever been any other movie sequel that did as well (or maybe better) than the first or is GF the first??

TIS
Terminator 2 and the recent Harry Potter sequel, just to name a couple.

And depending on who you speak to, Die Hard 2 and 3, Wes Craven's New Nightmare and the Lost World: Jurassic Park may also fall under the same list.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET