Home

Scott Caan

Posted By: Paul Pisano

Scott Caan - 09/10/02 07:24 PM

Hi,
With all of the talk about Leonardo DiCaprio playing the young Sonny in GF4, I would like to add my two cents. I have seen Scott Caan who is none other than James Caan's son in "American Outlaws." I would definately get him instead of Leo to play the role. Hell he looks just like James. Leo on the other hand would bring nothing to the part. I have seen him in Titanic and thought his performance so, so.

Paul
Posted By: plawrence

Re: Scott Caan - 09/13/02 01:14 AM

Agreed.

And how about the kid who played young Santino in the flashback scene in PT II (not the one crying on the carpet, but the older one with the curly blonde hair wearing a sailor suit). I wonder what he looks like today.
Posted By: Goodfella 69

Re: Scott Caan - 09/13/02 02:06 AM

that kids prolly too old to play a yong Sonny and James played Michael in The Godfather spoof movie which I dont know the title too, possibly The Godson?
Posted By: Pherdy

Re: Scott Caan - 10/05/02 02:06 PM

what spoof movie are you talkin about?

James Caan spoofed himself in Mickey Blue Eyes. He never played in no Godson.

according to Imdb.com, there is a 1998 Godfather-spoof called The Godson with Dom DeLuise playing 'the oddfather'.
There is also a 1999 movie called The Godson, a semi-spoof only 28 minutes long.

As for Scott Caan playing Young Sonny... Don't Marlon Brando, Al Pacino, Robert Duvall, Diane Keaton, Talia Shire, Richard Castellano, Abe Vigoda, Lenny Montana, John Cazale, Michael V.Gazzo, Dominic Chianese and Morgana King have acting sons and/or daughters?
Posted By: Aberdeen Fascisti

Re: Scott Caan - 10/16/02 11:08 AM

How about getting scientists to clone the original cast of parts 1 and 2.
When they grow up to be the right age a Godfather 4 can be made.
Posted By: The Italian Stallionette

Re: Scott Caan - 10/16/02 12:54 PM

I'm gonna be in the minority here; I think Leo would be good for the part. Although I have nothing against Scott Caan, since I've never seen him in a movie yet, and I like Leo, but can't say I'm a huge fan, I think he could do it. I think he's underated as an actor. From scenes I've seen of Gangs of NY, he seemed quite credible to me. But then, that's just my opinion!!

TIS

Re: Scott Caan - 10/16/02 04:16 PM

well, being his son will do, I guess a lot of folks must have thought. he looks like his old man, but not too much I think.

as for his acting, watch Ocean's Eleven,he does a cool job there (comedy though!)

Re: Scott Caan - 10/16/02 04:17 PM

Scott Caan
Posted By: Puppeteer

Re: Scott Caan - 10/22/02 10:17 PM

Scott Caan looks like a really great choice by looks. I have never seen him act though. Well, Scott can say "besides if I ever need advice who could play a better Sonny than my father." James Caan could coach Scott how to play Sonny.

I don't know his name correctly, but I think it's Giovanni Ribisi. Someone way back picked him to play a very young Sonny, and I think this is the best choice because he can act!

Leo isn't too masculine. Brando didn't/doesn't have a masculine voice, but his face and body and acting skills more than made up for it. Leo's face and body structure isn't tough enough to play Sonny. And when Leonardo Di Caprio tries to make a tough face, he looks like a soft boy trying to make a tough face...he just doesn't pull it off.

Re: Scott Caan - 10/22/02 11:15 PM

I am not opposed to Scott Caan, except I can't really judge his acting, since I have never seen him in a movie. Is he a good actor?

I did see Mickey Blue Eyes however, and James Caan was good as an older type Don.

(See what one little posting started????? I'm sure we will all be milking this thread for all it's worth. But hey,isn't it fun!!!! )

TIS

Re: Scott Caan - 10/23/02 12:03 AM

Hi,
Scott Caan played in American Outlaws. It aired on HBO awhile back.

Paul
Posted By: deathkiss

Re: Scott Caan - 10/23/02 12:09 AM

Scott Caan does not even look Italian.. he looks more WASP than Diane Keaton!!

Re: Scott Caan - 10/23/02 12:11 AM

Hi,
James Caan didn't look Italian either but gave one hell of a performance as Sonny.

Paul

Re: Scott Caan - 10/23/02 12:20 AM

When it comes to acting, Scott Caan is not in the same league as James Caan. In 1971, James Caan was in his prime and NO ONE was better than he (perhaps, except Marlon Brando). Even when Robert DeNiro gave an 'electrofying' screen audition, he could not compete with Caan.

Quote:
Originally posted by Paul Pisano:
Hi,
James Caan didn't look Italian either but gave one hell of a performance as Sonny.

Paul
Posted By: jen

Re: Scott Caan - 10/23/02 03:05 AM

i saw him a while back in varsity blues. i didn't like him in it (i didn't like that movie, either). but if he is to be considered for any part, he needs to brush up on his acting skills, because like deathkiss says, he is not in the same league as his father.

and i agree with puppeteer about the giovanni ribisi thing.

Re: Scott Caan - 10/23/02 03:10 AM

In case I forgot, Welcome Jen!! There seem to be so many new people, I am getting confused.

Anyway, I think someone mentioned that Scott Caan was in Ocean's Eleven, which I saw, but don't know who he played. However, I agree, that if he is not an experienced/good actor, than he shouldn't play Sonny.

TIS
Posted By: MobbingForMoney

Re: Scott Caan - 10/23/02 03:43 AM

Scott was in one of the worst movies ever a few years back.Ready To Rumble,which would turn off anybody to Little Caan.
Posted By: plawrence

Re: Scott Caan - 10/24/02 02:04 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Paul Pisano:

James Caan didn't look Italian
I believe he's Jewish, which where I come from is frequently mistaken for Italian, even tho Jewish is a religion and Italian is a nationality.
Posted By: pacino princess

Re: Scott Caan - 10/24/02 08:47 PM

Scott Caan was in Boiler Room and Oceans Eleven , too. To me, hes not the same "type" of actor as his father is, so we couldnt compare them two. I see him being in more comedic movies. Not like his pop, who could scare tha shit outta anybody.But he DOES have the tough look on his face that lets you know who's son he is.. got pics, 1st ones jimmy and his son the 2nd ones SCOTT CAAN *sigh*lol, enjoy...

http://www.atpictures.com/display.php?cat=actor&path=/scottc&loc=serv2k&img=s15.jpg

http://www.atpictures.com/display.php?cat=actor&path=/scottc&loc=serv2k&img=s10.jpg

Re: Scott Caan - 10/24/02 11:31 PM

I thought James Caan was so funny in Mickey Blue eyes. I'll take your word that Scott is a good in comedy roles (minus: ready to rumble). So if Sonny becomes a comedy role, then Scott Caan is our man!!
Scott may favor his dad, but for me he just does not look Italian.
Posted By: Guineapig

Re: Scott Caan - 11/06/02 05:03 PM

To me Scott Caan looks Roman. A while back i think it was either Family Honour or Saladbar who posted a picture of a Roman model and he does look like Scott. I don't think Scott looks more W.A.S.P then Diane Keaton though.
Posted By: Liz_85

Re: Scott Caan - 11/08/02 04:14 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by MobbingForMoney:
Scott was in one of the worst movies ever a few years back.Ready To Rumble,which would turn off anybody to Little Caan.
True to some extent, while I hated the movie, which I foolishly watched twice, I thought Scott pulled the role off. Then I saw A Boy Called Hate awhile ago, and I don't remember much of the movie, but I remember thinking he was good.
But I have nothing against Leo playing the part either.
Posted By: UK_Don

Re: Scott Caan - 12/12/02 10:49 PM

Scott was also in 'Gone in 60 Seconds'

Not a huge part but I think he's good!
Posted By: pudgethomas

Re: Scott Caan - 12/20/02 05:49 PM

I dont think it really matters what nationality Scott looks, he looks just like his father! Obviously it is what Sunny would have looked like at that age. As for his acting, I think he could pull it off. I know most of his movies have been comedy, but I think he is a very good actor. Dont forget he was in Enemy of the State too. I know it wasnt drama, but it wasnt comedy either.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET